Weed - The Ultimate Discuss All Things Weed Thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2007, 01:50 AM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Weed - The Ultimate Discuss All Things Weed Thread

Discuss.

Opinions on this highly sought after substance.

1) Have you tried it
2) Do you believe it to be worse than Alcohol
3) Is your opinion of weed based on the commercials on TV? (God bless your soul if it is)
4) Why should someone lose their job over weed yet company parties serve alcohol, a Drug that kills thousands of people a year if not more.
5) What do you think of people that use weed.
6) Do you believe the war on Drugs is working?

This should be an amazing thread. I can't wait to see pages of pages of Thomas posting

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 03:29 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Weed - The Ultimate Discuss All Things Weed Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Discuss.

1) Have you tried it
3) Is your opinion of weed based on the commercials on TV? (God bless your soul if it is)
4) Why should someone lose their job over weed yet company parties serve alcohol, a Drug that kills thousands of people a year if not more.

This should be an amazing thread. I can't wait to see pages of pages of Thomas posting
#1) Yes
#2) No
#3) No, personal experience.
#4) They shouldn't.
#5) I celebrate them.
#6) I think the "war on drugs" is a war on personal freedom. The problem with drugs is this: They are dangerous. They open eyes to things that should not be opened to. They allow one to separate oneselves from all extraneous sensory input and instead focus on what is really "real". This could lead to problems. So **** it, let's make it all illegal. After all, who needs to think outside the box? We should all just follow Jesus Christ, the Lord and Savior... right? Yeah, that's it. Drugs are bad... mmmkay?

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:17 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Discuss.

1) Have you tried it

1) no
2) yes
3) uhhhh, what?
4) uhhhh, I don't care.... alcohol is probably not as addictive as THC...
5) I don't mind either way.. one of my best firnesdoes the weed
6) sure.... it isn't my position to care wherther or not theyr wrokeing

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 04:20 AM   #4
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
1) no
2) yes
3) uhhhh, what?
4) uhhhh, I don't care.... alcohol is probably not as addictive as THC...
5) I don't mind either way.. one of my best firnesdoes the weed
6) sure.... it isn't my position to care wherther or not theyr wrokeing
I thought you were suppose to be the science guy? THC is no where near as addicting as Alcohol.

Reddit
Old 03-25-2007, 04:21 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

I just gotta say that I honestly do not see how anyone can say that marijuana is more addictive than alcohol.

Trust me. I have been down both roads many, many times. For some reason, I'm still drinking, but I'm not still smoking. It's a sad, sad story really.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:25 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
I thought you were suppose to be the science guy? THC is no where near as addicting as Alcohol.
uhhh.... can you site your source that alcohol is more additictive than THC? if I had to (like for "the girl".. I woudl EASILY never drink again)... so yeah, what?

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 03-25-2007, 04:25 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I just gotta say that I honestly do not see how anyone can say that marijuana is more addictive than alcohol.

Trust me. I have been down both roads many, many times. For some reason, I'm still drinking, but I'm not still smoking. It's a sad, sad story really.
well... a very easy aspect of that is that drinking is legal

Old 03-25-2007, 04:28 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
uhhh.... can you site your source that alcohol is more additictive than THC? if I had to (like for "the girl".. I woudl EASILY never drink again)... so yeah, what?
So, are you speaking from personal experience or what you read?

Because I'm speaking from the aforementioned personal experience and can tell you that marijuana has absolutely no physical addiction. Psychological? Maybe. But no where near the strength that alcohol has. I haven't smoked a joint in "God" knows how long... but I've been drinking tonight. I don't miss the pot, but I can guarantee you that tomorrow I'll wish that a bit of that litre of Jim Beam was left...

Scary stuff.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:28 AM   #9
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
But isn't marijuana addictive?
Substantial research exists regarding marijuana and addiction. While the scientific community has yet to achieve full consensus on this matter, the majority of epidemiological and animal data demonstrate that the reinforcing properties of marijuana in humans is low in comparison to other drugs of abuse, including alcohol and nicotine. According to the U.S. Institute of Medicine (IOM), fewer than one in 10 marijuana smokers become regular users of the drug, and most voluntary cease their use after 34 years of age. By comparison, 15 percent of alcohol consumers and 32 percent of tobacco smokers exhibit symptoms of drug dependence.

According to the IOM, observable cannabis withdrawal symptoms are rare and have only been identified under unique patient settings. These remain limited to adolescents in treatment facilities for substance abuse problems, and in a research setting where subjects were given marijuana or THC daily. Compared with the profound physical syndrome of alcohol or heroin withdrawal, marijuana-related withdrawal symptoms are mild and subtle. Symptoms may include restlessness, irritability, mild agitation and sleep disruption. However, for the overwhelming majority of marijuana smokers, these symptoms are not severe enough to re-initiate their use of cannabis.
FAQ's - NORML

Reddit
Old 03-25-2007, 04:29 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Erowid

Open up your eyes and begin educating yourself instead of spouting off useless "facts".

Scary stuff.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:35 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Marijuana is Gateway Drug
"New research confirms that marijuana is a gateway drug for most teens who use it.

Some will tell you marijuana is a harmless drug, but the Journal of the American Medical Association isn't one of them.

Young people who smoke marijuana are two to five times more likely to move on to harder drugs. That is the formal opinion of researchers, who published their conclusions from a recent study in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). "

so... maybe you guys are in the percentage that doesn't go to further drugs... but.. maybe i"m not in the percentage that doesn't go alcoholic. point being... maybe marijuana is addictive, and maybe the peopl that don't continue the use of marijuana go on to hardre drugs?

Old 03-25-2007, 04:37 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

also.... maybe the simple fact that I only drink like once a month or less plays a part. I know stoners that have to tok up all the time.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:39 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Marijuana is Gateway Drug
"New research confirms that marijuana is a gateway drug for most teens who use it.

Some will tell you marijuana is a harmless drug, but the Journal of the American Medical Association isn't one of them.

Young people who smoke marijuana are two to five times more likely to move on to harder drugs. That is the formal opinion of researchers, who published their conclusions from a recent study in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). "

so... maybe you guys are in the percentage that doesn't go to further drugs... but.. maybe i"m not in the percentage that doesn't go alcoholic. point being... maybe marijuana is addictive, and maybe the peopl that don't continue the use of marijuana go on to hardre drugs?
Here's a study for ya: Most teens watch MTV and pop their ****in' collar.

I definitely went on to "harder" drugs. Mostly legal ones that expand your thinking like salvia. Ain't that a *****.

The fact is this: you are much more likely to do something stupid being drunk than you are being high. If you have some personal experience to back up your claims, I would be glad to listen to them.

Until then, it's all just conjectural bull**** to me.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:45 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Here's a study for ya: Most teens watch MTV and pop their ****in' collar.

I definitely went on to "harder" drugs. Mostly legal ones that expand your thinking like salvia. Ain't that a *****.

The fact is this: you are much more likely to do something stupid being drunk than you are being high. If you have some personal experience to back up your claims, I would be glad to listen to them.

Until then, it's all just conjectural bull**** to me.
I won't do anything past alcohol.... so yeah, I don't have to worry about it. I'm not like ARGUING with you...

I'm drunk, so yeah, I probably wouldn't tyupicaly try to arguing that. anyway.... yeah. you know what I mean.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:54 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I won't do anything past alcohol.... so yeah, I don't have to worry about it. I'm not like ARGUING with you...

I'm drunk, so yeah, I probably wouldn't tyupicaly try to arguing that. anyway.... yeah. you know what I mean.
Why not? Alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs out there. Don't believe everything you've been told about some of these other "drugs". Eat some shrooms. Drink some cough syrup.

Hell, my goal in life is to eventually try some DMT.

Like I said, read up on some real experiences. That's the great thing about the Internet. You can find out some things that you aren't "supposed to know". Like how harmless marijuana can be with limited use. Or maybe even how the right shrooms won't immediately kill you but instead bring about a spiritual experience which can be like no other. Even the greatness of the widely legalized salvia divinorum.

My point, and I understand that you may not really understand or agree with it... and that's okay... is this: don't be limited by what you've been told by others. Seek out your own knowledge. Live a little.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:55 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Why not? Alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs out there. Don't believe everything you've been told about some of these other "drugs". Eat some shrooms. Drink some cough syrup.

Hell, my goal in life is to eventually try some DMT.

Like I said, read up on some real experiences. That's the great thing about the Internet. You can find out some things that you aren't "supposed to know". Like how harmless marijuana can be with limited use. Or maybe even how the right shrooms won't immediately kill you but instead bring about a spiritual experience which can be like no other. Even the greatness of the widely legalized salvia divinorum.

My point, and I understand that you may not really understand or agree with it... and that's okay... is this: don't be limited by what you've been told by others. Seek out your own knowledge. Live a little.
maybe... or keep my job by passing my drug test

Old 03-25-2007, 04:57 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
maybe... or keep my job by passing my drug test
That's the great thing about both salvia and DXM (cough syrup). They are both legal. I repeat, legal.

Isn't funny how some of the most powerful psychoactives are perfectly legal while a little bit of THC will get you locked away for years?

Scary stuff.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:59 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
That's the great thing about both salvia and DXM (cough syrup). They are both legal. I repeat, legal.

Isn't funny how some of the most powerful psychoactives are perfect legal while a little bit of THC will get you locked away for years?
yeah... but it took me almost 20 years to CONSIDER alcohol... plus, now I use it to get past my shydom... which worked VERY well tonight... the more I drank, the better I was getting along with this hottie

Old 03-25-2007, 05:02 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well, no offense, but I would say that's more of a personal issue. You really should learn to not be shy around girls like that without the influence of drugs.

And trust me, getting ****ed up on some of the good legal **** isn't something you want to do around females.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:05 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

in my case... it is. All alcohol does for me really is just let me be relaxed. After I get comfortably around a girl, I'm JUST like I am when I'm drunk. I don't know why, but if I REALLY focus, I can do almost everything I can drunk... as I can when I'm sober. (as you can tell by the sudden increase in typing in this response... and just so you know, I finished a half bottle of cuervo as well as a half bottle of bicqardi tonight)

Old 03-25-2007, 05:07 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

By your incredible mispelling of Bacardi, I'm gonna take it you're having a good night.

I really wish I was that drunk. It's kinda sad that I'm not. It used to be that after the amount of alcohol I've drank tonight I would be nearly dead, passed out somewhere. I guess that means I have a disease?

Scary stuff.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:09 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

uhhh.... put it this way... I bought like 40 workth of liquoar tongiht.. and it's all gone

Old 03-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Discuss.

1) Have you tried it

1) No
2) Yes
3) No. There weren't even commercials against it back when I was younger.. I just saw it mess up a bunch of lives (legally anyhow..)

4) ) I've seen people work on cars when they were high. Would you want someone who's high working on your car? I wouldn't...

Under the influence of weed they couldn't give a crap if they did the job decently or half-right, they'd half-*** the jobs, and they'd disregard safety altogether -- they'd put vehicles up in the air whether they were properly loaded on the lifts or not, they'd use the torches liberally.. They'd be so busy yammering on about this and that, without paying attention to what they were doing that the cars would often come back the next day.. we had one guy who didn't tighten the lug nuts while he was high, the wheel fell off pulling it out of the shop... That coulda been messy if the customer got halfway down the driveway. Yeah, weed and the workplace don't mix, IMO

5) Some of them are okay, some have tried to coerce me into trying it... :no:
and some tried it, liked the high, and I've seen a bunch of people go downhill fast from it.. Oh, and if you smell like weed, stay the F*CK out of my car.

6) no comment...
Old 03-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Quote:
Discuss.

1) Have you tried it

Oh this is gonna be good thread.

1. Yes

2. Yes I do hence why theres AA, something specificially that aims just TOWARDS ALCOHOL, there is rehab but they focus more on all drugs.

3. Those commercials are a joke, they go and find one accident that happen who knows how back when and say it happens all the time, i researched that ****.

4. Yeah that just blows my mind, they go throw a party and there goes a CEO drunk off his *** driving home where the odds of hitting someone is great while someone who works hard and likes to smoke a little after their done to relax they get screwed.

5. The people that use weed it all depends cause theres the stereotypes that we have all met and then theres those who smoke it and youd never have any idea they did.

6. War on drugs is a joke why cause they seize it and then someone else turns around and resells it. War on drugs is a big *** joke they do it to get people that are 100% against to get on their side (politics)

As for weed being a gateway drug, I dont know about you guys but cigs are the first thing me and my friends tried, then it moved to beer/liquor.

But now a days its not even weed being the big drug, all those legal pills are what the tenns on now are doing, what do ya know legal 100% government approved drugs like addrall, xanax, percs, vics, oxys all which teens today are doing, studies show weed, coke, shroom useage have gone down in teens

but hey everyones got their opinion ones like beer and liqour and others like weed

Just remember kids weed was once just as legal as alchohol till the Regan days. You know throw the nation off a bit cause the whole Vietnam war ordeal. Good Job Regan
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:02 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

haha, sorry about the silly arguing last night... I was quite drunk. (in fact, got a 1 day ban from another site for drunken posting... haha)

Old 03-25-2007, 01:13 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
haha, sorry about the silly arguing last night... I was quite drunk. (in fact, got a 1 day ban from another site for drunken posting... haha)
It's cool. I was quite drunk as well.

What's confusing me is the fact that I feel absolutely great this morning. I think I'm gonna go biking across Kenya.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Discuss.

1) Have you tried it

No
No
don't give a ****
They shouldn't
Doesn't bother me, it should be legalized
No, it would be nice if they legalized weed so they could go after people that deal hard drugs

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:43 PM   #28
Regular

Thomas has disappointed me

Reddit
Old 03-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Quote:
Discuss.

1) Have you tried it

1) Hell yes
2) Nope
3) Negative
4) If thats the rule its the rule. Don't work there if you don't like it. Weed is an illegal substance
5) IDK their just people I guess. I've known so many
6) There would be alot more drugs if they weren't trying to stop them.

I don't get the impression that Thomas is much of a smoker.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:22 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Quote:
1) Have you tried it
1. yes
2. i wouldnt say it's worse than alcohol.
3. Hello no, those commercials are retarded. Their just as bad as the tobacco commercials.
4. They shouldn't lose their job over weed. What someone does with their personal life is their business. I don't know what the big deal is about weed. Cigarettes are worse for the body than weed yet they're legal.
5. People can smoke all they want. I'm not gonna judge someone just because they smoke weed. I'll decide that they're an ******* based on their personality.
6. You can never win a war on drugs. There are too many people who want the drugs here and you can stop it, so they might as well stop trying.
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:15 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Discuss.

1) Have you tried it
1) Once, inadvertantly, very long ago (disappointed I might add).
2) No but that's why I don't drink either.
3) Personal experience by what I have seen of people when they are high.
4) Simple, because it is illegal. The practice of ANYTHING illegal should get you fired, including OH SNAP!!! UNDERAGE DRINKING!!! :whistle:
5) Blah, anything said here will be a generality or a very limited opinion because none of us knows how every single person acts "under the influence".
6) ROFL! We all live in the public don't we? Of course it's not working. People are doing weed all the time all over the place. Silly
Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
1) Once, inadvertantly, very long ago (disappointed I might add).
2) No but that's why I don't drink either.
3) Personal experience by what I have seen of people when they are high.
4) Simple, because it is illegal. The practice of ANYTHING illegal should get you fired, including OH SNAP!!! UNDERAGE DRINKING!!! :whistle:
5) Blah, anything said here will be a generality or a very limited opinion because none of us knows how every single person acts "under the influence".
6) ROFL! We all live in the public don't we? Of course it's not working. People are doing weed all the time all over the place. Silly
Oh, and that was not the paint thinner incident for those of you in the know...
Old 03-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Oh, and that was not the paint thinner incident for those of you in the know...
good times

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Discuss.

1) Have you tried it

1) Hell Yes
2) No I'd rather see a stoned driver then a drunk one on the road Stoners don't go over 45 MPH
3) No
4) It's illegal !! As much as I smoke I have never been high on the job
5) Depends on the person
6) The war on drugs

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

1) Have you tried it

yes

hmm.. no. but i would like to say possibly equal to

lol, no.

why? because its the law. i dont understand it, but maybe someday itll change

depends how much or how often. i know people who are completely utterly useless because of it (smoking it a dozen times a day) but i also know many many casual smokers. so my opinion is that people who smoke it are no different unless it runs your life.

possibly... but not in the way they want it to. i believe people are educated on it more and thus allowing them to do what they want (drinking, smoking, etc) in moderation. i mean, statistically speaking my generation smokes and drinks just as much as previous generations but we are also more responsible over it maybe? im not sure if that makes sense but thats how i feel about it... i think education is a good thing, but propaganda is not.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar