Dems Want Largest Tax Hike In History. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Dems Want Largest Tax Hike In History.

Unbelievable. The Democrats won't be happy until they take every freakin' red cent I have. :fu2:

http://budget.house.gov/republicans/...r20070322b.pdf

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Rollinthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Dems Want Largest Tax Hike In History.

Awesome. Can't wait to give them even more of my hard earned money.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise

A death tax? They tax you for dying? LMAO! WTF? We probably have that up here too I'd imagine, but that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I think my favorite tax would still have to be income tax though.... that tax was brought in to help pay for WWI, but the gov't decided that they liked it so much they just never removed it. Now it eats up many, many thousands of dollars from each and every one of us every year.

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNoise View Post
A death tax? They tax you for dying? LMAO! WTF? We probably have that up here too I'd imagine, but that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I think my favorite tax would still have to be income tax though.... that tax was brought in to help pay for WWI, but the gov't decided that they liked it so much they just never removed it. Now it eats up many, many thousands of dollars from each and every one of us every year.
Not only that, but Income Tax is against our Constitution. Un****enbelievable. I love this country, but I'm growing very tired of all the BS. If it wasn't so cold in OH CANADA, I'd consider moving.

Well, maybe not.

Hey, speaking of Canada, you know when that Polar Ice Cap melts we're gonna have some beef with you. I heard that your country is already steppin up because they want to control the Northern Passage.

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It's ours, do not trespass
1LOBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

.... look out for the Canadian Army...

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
.... look out for the Canadian Army...
Who? lol
Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

The guys in canoes.....oh wait, no, that's the navy.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

maybe the Mounties will come get you ... hope their horses can swim, otherwise, they've got complete bupkiss for a Navy.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

We've got submarines you know.

They're here in Edmonton at West Edmonton Mall and take tourists around the mall's gigantic in-door lake where you get to look at sea life and a bunch of other crap.

Brief history lesson: the US tried to invade Canada back in the war of 1812, but Canadian forces pushed the Americans back and burned down the original White House and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time. Then we got bored and went home to drink some beer.

Conclusion. Don't mess with us or we'll bring out our cannons and muskets from that war all over again. LOL (They probably still have them somewhere in our reserves. LOL.)

As for the NW Passage, if it's all part of Canadian/Russian waters, then your boys will just have to ask permission to be there.... I highly doubt our gov't would say no just as long as they know where the boats are. Afterall, we're the "nice Canadians", right?

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
Old 03-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02

nobody likes being taxed, but who would pay for that big ol' war Bushy wanted so bad if we weren't paying for it? We have to come outta the hole some way or another. You can't can't really back him but not the debt he's enabled can you? LOL
Old 03-27-2007, 10:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I believe we already have rights to it. But you guys didn't care when the sucker was frozen solid.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickStang02 View Post
nobody likes being taxed, but who would pay for that big ol' war Bushy wanted so bad if we weren't paying for it? We have to come outta the hole some way or another. You can't can't really back him but not the debt he's enabled can you? LOL
This war didn't create the debt, that belongs to the Dems. Instead of having the government fund every stupid liberal cause, and then manage it so well like the government usually does, maybe we should quit taxing for it and make the leaches who benefit from the programs pay for it themselves.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

War didn't create debt? LOL. Are you kidding me? When has war ever helped to resolve debt? How much did just one of those F-16s cost again?

There's a reason they introduced income tax back in WWI..... to help pay for the debt created by war

Old 03-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Actually, countries used to pick fights just to boost the economy. WWII pulled us out of the Depression.

Also, I believe our country was deep into debt long before the recent two wars, if that's what you want to call them. In my opinion, Iraq and Afganistan were more like skirmishes, not wars. A war is usually against a country that is a worthy advisary.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Also, most people didn't want to get involved in WWI, just like today.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Actaully the programs created AFTER wwII pulled us out. The hoover dam, tennessee vally projects, things of that nature. Bush has given us a massive debt., and yet the money still doesn't seem to make it to our troops.....hmm...wonder where it's going....Rep. deep pockets? *shrugs*
Old 03-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 28 Mar 2007 at 04:24:34 AM GMT is:

The estimated population of the United States is 301,289,820
so each citizen's share of this debt is $29,355.31.
The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.88 billion per day since September 29, 2006!
Concerned? Then tell Congress and the White House!

Just a little reminder......Makes ya think huh?

U.S. National Debt Clock FAQ

IF you don't believe that Bush has had a HUGEE effect on the Deficit....check this out...notice the few TRILLION dollar leap it's taken since he's been in office, then maybe you can't deny it if it's right in front of you.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I would say both sides are probably getting rich off of our dime.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

lol the hoover dam was completed before we got into WWII.........

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Hoover Dam was completed in 1936. US didn't join WWII until 1941.

But yes, things like the Dam did help the country greatly during the war by supplying massive amounts of power to factories needed to keep the war effort moving.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:17 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

TVA was created in 1933 and helped pull us out of the Great Depression... not to pull us out of WWII. We didn't need any economic help after WWII. Hell, WWII was one of the greatest things to ever happen to the US economy.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:27 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinthundr View Post
Also, most people didn't want to get involved in WWI, just like today.
People were all for the war while there was an actual threat, but now there's no threat and there hasn't been a threat for a few years, so the public is growing impatient and don't understand what the hell is going on because all the government will say is, "It's an orange day"..... whatever the **** that means.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
People were all for the war while there was an actual threat, but now there's no threat and there hasn't been a threat for a few years, so the public is growing impatient and don't understand what the hell is going on because all the government will say is, "It's an orange day"..... whatever the **** that means.
There's no threat now? Are you serious?

I'm about to the point where I'll just agree with all you guys, wait a couple of years, let us get blown to bits by some crazy mother****ers and start over from scratch.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

We did go from a budget surplus before Bush back to deficit spending since. Blame it on whatever you want, it's still a fact.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
We've got submarines you know.

They're here in Edmonton at West Edmonton Mall and take tourists around the mall's gigantic in-door lake where you get to look at sea life and a bunch of other crap.

Brief history lesson: the US tried to invade Canada back in the war of 1812, but Canadian forces pushed the Americans back and burned down the original White House and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time. Then we got bored and went home to drink some beer.

Conclusion. Don't mess with us or we'll bring out our cannons and muskets from that war all over again. LOL (They probably still have them somewhere in our reserves. LOL.)

As for the NW Passage, if it's all part of Canadian/Russian waters, then your boys will just have to ask permission to be there.... I highly doubt our gov't would say no just as long as they know where the boats are. Afterall, we're the "nice Canadians", right?
The war started badly for the Americans as their attempts to invade Canada were repeatedly repulsed by General Isaac Brock commanding a British force, composed largely of militias and Native American allies

Canadian's didn't do **** it was the Brits and Indians

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

ya..... no Canadians were involved in that. Only Natives and Brits vs US troops.
Ummmm.... BTW, Indians ARE Canadians and were a large contingent of the Canadian military along with a larger white contingent.

... but yes, history clearly states that the Brits did help us out in that one by playing the primary role.

Anyway, if you read all of that post, I was hoping to make it apparent that I wasn't completely serious will all of that. Guess I failed.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #28
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

How to help with the debt:

1.) Stick welfare in your ***. Get the lazy sons a *****es off their *** and out to work...tons of jobs here in BR that need filling...

2.) Get a clue on when to say someone gets SSI before they are retirement age. A friend of mine back in NY was declared too stupid to work at the age of 18 and receives SSI for the rest of his life. He is too stupid to work, yet he isn't too stupid to be a volunteer fireman? Um, yeah.

3.) Stop trying to be the nice aunt that hands out money to everyone every time she comes over. Take care of business and let us fend for ourselves...will help the population issues too.

5.) Institute a national sales tax and ditch the income tax. National sales tax will dip into the pockets of the underworld (drug dealers, organized crime, etc) every time they buy something. They sure as hell aren't paying income tax on that ****. The rich will end up paying more taxes than the poor (so the damn dems can STFU about that issue) because their **** will cost more and result in more tax paid.

6.) **** other countries. They do nothing but ***** about us anyhow. Stop funding their ****. Let them starve, it is nature's way of saying you have too damn many people for this ecosystem...it will balance itself out.

I could probably list more if I thought about it more...the moral of my story is, stop handing **** out...make us fend for ourselves...get the hell out of our business....run the country and stop telling me what is good for me or what I should do.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

^^^^^
This man knows his hip hop

Old 03-28-2007, 09:58 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Anyway, if you read all of that post, I was hoping to make it apparent that I wasn't completely serious will all of that. Guess I failed
No you didn't fail at your attempt at humor notice the after my post

History is great !!!!

America's leaders had assumed that Canada could be easily overrun. Former President Jefferson optimistically referred to the conquest of Canada as "a matter of marching." Many Americans had migrated to Upper Canada and it was assumed (by both sides) they would favor the American cause. They did not. In Lower Canada, much more populous, support for Britain came from the English Úlite with strong loyalty to the Empire, and from the French Úlite who feared American conquest would destroy the old order by introducing Protestantism, anglicization, republican democracy, and commercial capitalism. The French habitants feared the loss to potential American immigrants of a shrinking acreage of good lands.[1]
In 1812-13 British military experience prevailed over inexperienced American commanders.
Geography dictated that operations would take place in the west principally around Lake Erie, near the Niagara River between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario and near Saint Lawrence River area and Lake Champlain. This was the focus of the three pronged attacks by the Americans in 1812.
Although cutting the St. Lawrence River through the capture of Montreal and Quebec would make Britain's hold in North America unsustainable, the United States began operations first in the Western frontier because of the general popularity there of a war with the British, who had sold arms to the native Americans opposing the settlers.
The British scored an important early success when their detachment at St. Joseph Island on Lake Huron learned of the declaration of war before the nearby American garrison at the important trading post at Mackinac Island in Michigan did. A scratch force landed on the island on July 17, 1812 and mounted a gun overlooking Fort Mackinac. The Americans, taken by surprise, surrendered. This early victory encouraged the Indians, and large numbers of them moved to help the British at Amherstburg.
American Brigadier General William Hull invaded Canada on July 12, 1812, from Detroit with an army mainly composed of militiamen. Once on Canadian soil, Hull issued a proclamation ordering all British subjects to surrender, or "the horrors, and calamities of war will stalk before you." He also threatened to kill any British prisoner caught fighting alongside an Indian. The proclamation helped stiffen resistance to the American attacks.
Despite the threats, Hull's invasion turned into a retreat after receiving news of the British victory at Mackinac and when his supply lines were threatened in the battles of Brownstown and Monguagon . He pulled his 2,500 troops back to Fort Detroit.
British Major General Isaac Brock advanced on Fort Detroit with 1,200 men. Brock sent a fake correspondence and allowed the letter to be captured by the Americans, saying they required only 5,000 Native warriors to capture Detroit. Hull feared the Indians and their threats of torture and scalping. Believing the British had more troops than they did, Hull surrendered at Detroit without a fight on August 16.
Brock promptly transferred himself to the eastern end of Lake Erie, where American General Stephen Van Rensselaer was attempting a second invasion. An armistice (arranged by Prevost in the hope the British renunciation of the Orders in Council to which the United States objected might lead to peace) prevented Brock invading American territory. When the armistice ended, the Americans attempted an attack across the Niagara River on October 13, but suffered a crushing defeat at Queenston Heights. Brock was killed during the battle. While the professionalism of the American forces would improve by the war's end, British leadership suffered after Brock's death.
A final attempt in 1812 by American General Henry Dearborn to advance north from Lake Champlain failed when his militia refused to advance beyond American territory. In contrast to the American militia, the Canadian militia performed well. French-Canadians, who found the anti-Catholic stance of most of the United States troublesome, and United Empire Loyalists, who had fought for the Crown during the American Revolutionary War, strongly opposed the American invasion. However, a large segment of Upper Canada's population was recent settlers from the United States who had no obvious loyalties to the Crown. Nevertheless, while there were some who sympathized with the invaders[2], the American forces found strong opposition from men loyal to the Empire.

And we got are *** kicked !!

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Clearing up a few misnomers:

War does cause debt. HOWEVER, war does help the economy and create more jobs (kinda of a lol, but whatever). Also, what it SHOULD do is create more patriotism and more of a unified environment where people work harder etc (at least it did with our Greatest Generation).

All the dams and highways and TVA etc, where all pre WWII. Truth be told, we were alreayd out of the depression by the time the war came rockin along and all it did was bolster our economy and spirit and we went from being incredibly to weak to mediocre to THE superpower of of the world.

Most people didn't want in on WWI until we actually felt a threat, then once we declared war, America united and we kicked the mofos around. Please don't try to compare our generation to ANY of the old ones. As far as I am concerned, I am overall disgusted with ours.

The National Debt will never get paid off and the National Debt will never go down, EVER minus small fluctuations from time to time. Has no one considered that what is a major factor in the National Bebt's increase is retiring Baby Boomers? The debt will continue to increase and it's going to become a vicious cycle because the baby boomers had kids, and their kids had kids. Poplulation explosion. It's not going to get better until no more SS.

For those of you that think the Canadian army sucks: you are right :whistle:
Old 03-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #32
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Most people didn't want in on WWI until we actually felt a threat, then once we declared war, America united and we kicked the mofos around. Please don't try to compare our generation to ANY of the old ones. As far as I am concerned, I am overall disgusted with ours.

The National Debt will never get paid off and the National Debt will never go down, EVER minus small fluctuations from time to time. Has no one considered that what is a major factor in the National Bebt's increase is retiring Baby Boomers? The debt will continue to increase and it's going to become a vicious cycle because the baby boomers had kids, and their kids had kids. Poplulation explosion. It's not going to get better until no more SS.
That section right there is the total truth. That generation didn't take ****...and handled business.

And, the SS goes back to the get out of my life and let me run it statement. Let me take care of my own money. Don't take hundreds out of my check a week for something that, in reality, really won't be around by the time I retire anyhow.

As for the national debt, I don't really care how high it is. If you subtract from it the money owed to us from other countries....it isn't as high as it appears. Not to mention, what is anyone ever going to do about it anyhow? Repo the country? All it is is a number used for political mud slinging anyhow. No one really gives two ****s about it beyond a sentence that has democrat and/or republican in it.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
That section right there is the total truth. That generation didn't take ****...and handled business.

And, the SS goes back to the get out of my life and let me run it statement. Let me take care of my own money. Don't take hundreds out of my check a week for something that, in reality, really won't be around by the time I retire anyhow.

As for the national debt, I don't really care how high it is. If you subtract from it the money owed to us from other countries....it isn't as high as it appears. Not to mention, what is anyone ever going to do about it anyhow? Repo the country? All it is is a number used for political mud slinging anyhow. No one really gives two ****s about it beyond a sentence that has democrat and/or republican in it.

Hah, very true. I guarantee the black hole that is Africa owes us about that much by itself.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Clearing up a few misnomers:

War does cause debt. HOWEVER, war does help the economy and create more jobs (kinda of a lol, but whatever). Also, what it SHOULD do is create more patriotism and more of a unified environment where people work harder etc (at least it did with our Greatest Generation).

All the dams and highways and TVA etc, where all pre WWII. Truth be told, we were alreayd out of the depression by the time the war came rockin along and all it did was bolster our economy and spirit and we went from being incredibly to weak to mediocre to THE superpower of of the world.

For those of you that think the Canadian army sucks: you are right :whistle:
MASTER JAMES DENTON could not have said it better :worship:

Quote:
Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

LOL. I like the addition at the end of that. But at least there's no denying it because our "military" is a joke compared to most of the major nations of the world.

As for the rest of what you said, you hit the nail right on the head there. Very well said.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar