US Beefing Up Persian Gulf, Simulating Attacks off Iran Coast - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
US Beefing Up Persian Gulf, Simulating Attacks off Iran Coast

Any day now

FOXNews.com - U.S. Begins Show of Force in Persian Gulf - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise
Re: US Beefing Up Persian Gulf, Simulating Attacks of Iran Coast

... and you guys wonder why those taxes are going up?

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Regular

Re: US Beefing Up Persian Gulf, Simulating Attacks off Iran Coast

because the rest of the world is weak.

On top of the many social programs that drain our budget every year. We could go to war with China for 30 years and not kill our budget if we just managed the government like a person trying to make a profit on a business.

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If the US goes to war with China, there won't be much population left anywhere in the world to worry about taxes anyway.

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I'm all for war, but eventually we're going to piss off the wrong country/ies. I hope it's not China with their million man army. If that ever happens, it won't be good.

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Rollinthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNoise View Post
If the US goes to war with China, there won't be much population left anywhere in the world to worry about taxes anyway.
Well so much for the point I was trying to get across. The point was if the government managed spending we could afford to protect our borders and interests.

Reddit
Old 03-28-2007, 12:52 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
once the US cuts ties with china they wont have much to fight with anyways.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:41 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i dont think china is too big of a threat. we rely too much on each other and pose too big of a challenge to deal with.

honestly, if we are going to war with china it will be indirectly through other countries similar to the cold war.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
i dont think china is too big of a threat. we rely too much on each other and pose too big of a challenge to deal with.

honestly, if we are going to war with china it will be indirectly through other countries similar to the cold war.
There will definitely be some strategic placements and all that kind of stuff on both sides, but the problem with going to war with China is that unlike any other country that you guys have gone to war with, China's pretty black and white... there's not much grey area with them. If it will serve their purpose and give them some leverage, they'll get it done at all costs. God knows that they have the man-power to get **** done quick - they're not a country that will tip-toe around the tulips like most other countries will.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:44 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
because the rest of the world is weak.

On top of the many social programs that drain our budget every year. We could go to war with China for 30 years and not kill our budget if we just managed the government like a person trying to make a profit on a business.
That say it all !!!

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
There will definitely be some strategic placements and all that kind of stuff on both sides, but the problem with going to war with China is that unlike any other country that you guys have gone to war with, China's pretty black and white... there's not much grey area with them. If it will serve their purpose and give them some leverage, they'll get it done at all costs. God knows that they have the man-power to get **** done quick - they're not a country that will tip-toe around the tulips like most other countries will.
I disagree. The problem with the war we are in now is that Iraq is not black and white. We can't just look at someone and tell if we want to kill them or not.

China would be an entirely different story. I think if we went to war with a China, it would be a very brutal, very short war. There probably wouldn't be much ground fighting involved at all. We would just bomb the living hell out of them.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I disagree. The problem with the war we are in now is that Iraq is not black and white. We can't just look at someone and tell if we want to kill them or not.

China would be an entirely different story. I think if we went to war with a China, it would be a very brutal, very short war. There probably wouldn't be much ground fighting involved at all. We would just bomb the living hell out of them.
That's pretty arrogant considering the military tradition they have and that you have no clue about what they actually have in their arsenal.... unlike the States who shows off 85-90% of their arsenal on Discovery Channel each week. The one thing that you know for sure is that they definitely have nukes, but how many and what capacity.... who knows

I don't see it anywhere near that cut and dried.If there's going to be a war to end all wars, that would be the one.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeah, I'm a total ****ing idiot. You're right.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I never said idiot. I said arrogant. Huge difference.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

You said I don't know this and I don't know that. Still, I didn't say you said I was an idiot. I said I was an idiot.

America does not show 85-90% of it's arsenal on the Discovery Channel every week. America shows 25% of it's 5+ year old, out-dated technology on the Discovery Channel every week.

China has an estimated 450 nuclear warheads. Enough to end the human race as we know it. We have about 5,000 that are currently in a usable state. Doesn't really matter though. The fact is that if either of us used nuclear weapons against the other, it would probably lead to the death of nearly every, if not every, human being currently walking this planet. So that's kind of a moot point.

The reason we would destroy China (IMO) is far superior aerial capabilities combined with a much better missile defense system. That's what it's all about these days. I don't care how big your standing army is. In an all out, black and white modern war (which we really haven't seen a good example of yet BTW), ground fighting is just not going to be the focus.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:30 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Hopefully, they'll do Iran like we should have done Iraq. Nothing but air power. If you need to, maybe a few incursions on blackhawks type missions. I feel good about the possibliity of military action against Iran, because I don't think the administration would risk another military invasion.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:46 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Hopefully, they'll do Iran like we should have done Iraq. Nothing but air power. If you need to, maybe a few incursions on blackhawks type missions. I feel good about the possibliity of military action against Iran, because I don't think the administration would risk another military invasion.
I agree. It won't be another Iraq. Support for Iran's President is really low within his own party/country. Our goal is to just upset the country enough to allow for a revolt and for him to be overthrown.

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar