Who Here Hates Kobe Bryant - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: Who here dislikes Kobe Bryant
Me 18 90.00%
Not Me 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Who Here Hates Kobe Bryant

Me.

I've disliked him sense he was drafted and refused to play for Charlotte. He's one hell of a Basketball player though, but IMO he's also a sneeky, conniving SOB.

Just thought I would let ya'll know how I feel about him and if you disagree then your wrong, but please feel free to be wrong.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2007, 03:41 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Who Here Hates Kobe Bryant

I can't say I am a big fan. Good at basketball or not.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I can't say I am a big fan. Good at basketball or not.
You forgot to vote Mr. Brent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
Regular

It wasn't there when I responded

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise

All of the greats and big character player are hated by any city other the ones they play for...... you respect them immensely for what they can do in a game, but it drives you up a wall that they're not on your team.

........ Gretzky, Jordan, Montana, Iverson, Elway, Ewing, Rice, Favre, Bryant, Shaq...... the list goes on and on.

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

He's a very talented *******

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:57 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

he sucks.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:01 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

who?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Not a fan and I think he is over rated, but then again, I don't watch much thug life...
Old 03-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

yea... not a fan of him...
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

he's a *****... taking cheap shots at other players because you are going to lose is inexcusable in my book (i.e... throwing elbows at the end of the games... WHEN HE'S TAKING THE SHOT).. and then he complains saying "I didn't do it on purpose".. BULL****. oh man, he pisses me off so much. Not to mention raping that girl.. I still think he raped her no matter what he says.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
Not to mention raping that girl.. I still think he raped her no matter what he says.
I really don't think he did. I think she wanted some sexual chocolate and he showed interest...then she saw dollar signs after her wore her *** out.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #13
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

jungle fevahhhhh baby
Old 03-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

regardless, he slept with her... and she was NOT nearly as attractive as his wife. wtf was he thinking. golden rule of cheating, if you're going to cheat on your S.O. the person HAS to be more attractive than them.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:52 AM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
regardless, he slept with her... and she was NOT nearly as attractive as his wife. wtf was he thinking. golden rule of cheating, if you're going to cheat on your S.O. the person HAS to be more attractive than them.
Rule of thumb...if you are going to cheat...it has to be with someone willing to lay down and take it....that is the only rule of thumb I know about.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #16
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Anyone thats scoring half the points on the team isn't cool in my book. Here's a hint for ya Kobe... ****ING PASS!!

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

he's a racist *****. has anyone else noticed that the elbows he throws is at white guys? plus i agree with Zim. i don't call him a great play because he can score 50+ in a game when the rest of the team scores a total of 38. he's a selfish player. in my book he's no different than Wilt Chamberlain. he did the same ****.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNoise View Post
All of the greats and big character player are hated by any city other the ones they play for...... you respect them immensely for what they can do in a game, but it drives you up a wall that they're not on your team.

........ Gretzky, Jordan, Montana, Iverson, Elway, Ewing, Rice, Favre, Bryant, Shaq...... the list goes on and on.
take out Bryant and Iverson. i have great respect for the talent of the rest of them. as much as it pissed me off when ol' two minute Elway would come back and beat the Oilers all the time, i still had respect for the man's talent. and i'm still a fan of Favre and Shaq. Iverson... i don't care for him personally, but, he is extremely talented and has shown a new side since being traded to the Nuggets. Gretzky - The Great One. Jordan - The Greatest to ever grace a b-ball court. Montana - one of the best qb's in NFL history. do i need to go on?

I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

um you guys do realize that that is the Lakers game plan is to always have Kobe have the ball, this is coming from Phil himself.

Im sorry but if hes selfish then is Wilt Chamberlin selfish too cause no-one seems to be touching his records but Kobe and that right there is an accomplishment. Im sorry but you guys can hate on Kobe all you want but for someone that didnt play college ball hes ****in good.

as for the elbows you guys cant be serious calling him a racist over it. are you guys listening to yourself seriously? thats just ridiclous he happen to hit them with the elbow which is pretty commen but the ONLY reason they make a big deal out of it is cause its Kobe, HE IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE NBA period. Im just seeing some closet racist come out huh.

As for the chick he didnt rape her the dumb **** had dna of 8 other dudes in her come on now thats called aslut, i thought you guys were better then this
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
Im sorry but if hes selfish then is Wilt Chamberlin selfish too cause no-one seems to be touching his records but Kobe and that right there is an accomplishment.

as for the elbows you guys cant be serious calling him a racist over it. are you guys listening to yourself seriously? thats just ridiclous he happen to hit them with the elbow which is pretty commen
if you read my first post, i compare him to Chamberlain. they both are selfish players. Chamberlain had a chip on his shoulder and so does Kobe.

as far as the elbow... i played ball. i wasn't very good, but the point is that all of the guys i played ball with never had to throw their elbow down in that motion such as Mr Bryant does when there is a white dude around. pay close attention to when a black dude is near him. amazingly enough, the elbow stays close to him on the exact same shots. is he a racist? probably not. but he knows that if he throws an elbow like that on a brotha, he *** is going down. so maybe not a racist. maybe more of a chicken**** and an opportunist.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

I hate basketball period.
1996stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
if you read my first post, i compare him to Chamberlain. they both are selfish players. Chamberlain had a chip on his shoulder and so does Kobe.

as far as the elbow... i played ball. i wasn't very good, but the point is that all of the guys i played ball with never had to throw their elbow down in that motion such as Mr Bryant does when there is a white dude around. pay close attention to when a black dude is near him. amazingly enough, the elbow stays close to him on the exact same shots. is he a racist? probably not. but he knows that if he throws an elbow like that on a brotha, he *** is going down. so maybe not a racist. maybe more of a chicken**** and an opportunist.
who cares Wilt Chamberlin is an ICON, his team just like teh lakers now arent up to par to what it used to be and if Kobe has to carry the whole team on his back he will just like he's doing.

I also dont believe its fair to call out on Kobe cause he hit on 3 differ occasions a white person. Im sorry but you dop realize the NBA was more of a contact sport till recent when they changed some of these rules around right? I dont think he did it on purpose i really dont, these were shots when he wasbeing guarded really close and while taking a jump shot, its when he came down is when the elbow made contact. Looked like a mistake to me all in the while these 3 white boys made it into a bigger deal it was by playing it as a big hit. its cause who he is what made thsi situation a big deal cause im sorry if you watch an actual NBA game you will these type of things happen the organzation/media dont blow it up cause they are no name players.

You also do realize he plays for a white coach with white teammates with his woman also being half white.

to call him racist is so beyond me and makes me think you have deeper issues by the way your thinking.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

like i said, probably not a racist. but still, i never see him flail his elbow out like that any other time, close guarded or not.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
like i said, probably not a racist. but still, i never see him flail his elbow out like that any other time, close guarded or not.
it happen 3 times in his career of 11 seasons whats the big deal honestly?

you think people though Ron artest was racist cause he went into the stands and beat some fan ***?

whats seriously the issue. **** happens. even Phil Jackson thought it was stupid that the media made this into a big deal

for every great player their will be masses of haters, and this just proves it
Old 03-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

with Artest, that fan deserved to get his *** beat. how it happened is what screwed everything up. and with Kobe, maybe it's just the racism in him slowly seeping out. the media will make more of anything to make it news worthy. and at least Kobe hasn't come out and said "I hate white people" like Charles Barkley did. funny thing is his best friend is Danny Ainge (sp?). and that boy is irish white.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
with Artest, that fan deserved to get his *** beat. how it happened is what screwed everything up. and with Kobe, maybe it's just the racism in him slowly seeping out. the media will make more of anything to make it news worthy. and at least Kobe hasn't come out and said "I hate white people" like Charles Barkley did. funny thing is his best friend is Danny Ainge (sp?). and that boy is irish white.
im about to find that vid actually had me dying wit that one dude haha

I dunno I dont think anything Kobe is racist if you think so then thats on you cause your the only one thinking that.

either ay he still gonna be paid millions of dollars for what he does and thats kick *** in the court

Barkley was the man that dude kissed that Danny dude during all star weekend **** was funny
Old 03-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #27
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Basketball is a bunch of thugs.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

I don't care for basketball.

But with that said, Kobe is our city's team.... so he gets us into winning championships all the time.

But seriously, I never liked the guy... at all. jordan will always be my hero

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Kobe's the ****, no ifs ands or buts about it. The guy can score anywhere on the court at anytime. I'll even go as far as saying that he is better than Michael Jordan.

Now on a personal level, he's not too cool.

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Rollinthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinthundr View Post
Kobe's the ****, no ifs ands or buts about it. The guy can score anywhere on the court at anytime. I'll even go as far as saying that he is better than Michael Jordan.

Now on a personal level, he's not too cool.
You just went waaaay too far. I have nothing against Kobe, he's definitely good. But he is no where near being on Jordan's level. Jordan was a leader. He inspired his teammates to be better players. Kobe inspires his teammates to start stealing the ball from him.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #31
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
You just went waaaay too far. I have nothing against Kobe, he's definitely good. But he is no where near being on Jordan's level. Jordan was a leader. He inspired his teammates to be better players. Kobe inspires his teammates to start stealing the ball from him.
No where near jordan's abilities...not even in the same league. Jordan vs Kobe, both in their prime, Jordan wins every time.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Compare Kobe now to Jordan at the same age. Kobe is better. If you remember, Jordan was accused of the same ball hogging that Kobe is being accused of. Anyway, Kobe began the year giving up the ball, almost too much. Now, he's decided to start scoring. That's what makes him so good, he can do anything on the court, score, pass, shoot from the outside. Hell, I was watching him the other night and he pulled up from about 4 ft beyond the 3 point line at the top of the key (longest 3 point shot) and drained it. The guy is sick.

On top of that, Jodan was the only player like Jordan. In other words, no one else was up to his level or style of playing, not even Magic (and that hurts to say). Kobe is playing against players that have grown up watching Jordan. They have the same skills and style. In other words, Kobe's competition is better than Jordan's was. Jordan didn't have near the competition Kobe has. Everything Jordan did was brand new.

It's like comparing Jimi Hendrix to Stevie Ray Vaghaun. No one played like Jimi so he stood out. But Stevie, now he was just plain better than everyone else including Jimi. He had to compete against Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, etc.

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Rollinthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
No where near jordan's abilities...not even in the same league. Jordan vs Kobe, both in their prime, Jordan wins every time.
statistically speaking, kobe decimates jordan in every aspect. personality speaking and things on and off the court, jordan kills kobe.

Kobe is one of the best players out there. if he doesnt play, lakers lose. if he plays and the opposing team doesnt cover him, they win. even if the opposition covers him, they win. he single handedly accounts for more than 50% of his teams scoring almost every game, its not his fault his team sucks. if he passes the ball to them, they lose. if he gets the ball, they win. its only common sense that he SHOULD get the ball, i mean, who wants to be on a team that loses? this isnt a disney movie where the happy ending is being on the losing team that played like a team, the happy ending is being on the winning team that makes the money.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Basketball is a bunch of thugs.
+1
Old 03-29-2007, 02:29 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Michael Jordan won Championships for his team. So did Shaq, now what does Kobe do again. Oh yeah makes good stats for himself, and makes the rest of his team look bad.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar