colt 45 model goverment - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Herbstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,932
colt 45 model goverment

Denise's older son has been cleaning out abandoned homes on the side. Last one he cleaned had been abandoned for 5 years .Under a huge pile orf trash he found over 300.00 in coins (in jars) and a rusted colt 45 The rust was bad.
I gave him 40.00 for the gun Then the fun started. I soaked it in diesel fuel for 12 hrs and was able to break the slide loose. I disassembled it and much to surprise no rust on the inside !!!!
I spent another few hours using Wonder blue cleaner and steel wool removed 98% of the rust without effecting the original bluing. Ran the serial numbers 45 was manufactored in 1965 Now to get approval from the CFO ( joint accounts suck) to order 2- 10 rd clips,New spring set and a Accuracy kit from SARCO, Inc
__________________

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: colt 45 model goverment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Denise's older son has been cleaning out abandoned homes on the side. Last one he cleaned had been abandoned for 5 years .Under a huge pile orf trash he found over 300.00 in coins (in jars) and a rusted colt 45 The rust was bad.
I gave him 40.00 for the gun Then the fun started. I soaked it in diesel fuel for 12 hrs and was able to break the slide loose. I disassembled it and much to surprise no rust on the inside !!!!
I spent another few hours using Wonder blue cleaner and steel wool removed 98% of the rust without effecting the original bluing. Ran the serial numbers 45 was manufactored in 1965 Now to get approval from the CFO ( joint accounts suck) to order 2- 10 rd clips,New spring set and a Accuracy kit from SARCO, Inc
That is awesome. Get some pics up of it. Man, sweet stuff like that never happens for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Herbstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Re: colt 45 model goverment

I hear ya !! I've been wanting a full size 45 for awhile. But **** happens and money goes else where.
I told Denise it was God/Satans wish for me to have it . I thanked them both
__________________

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: colt 45 model goverment

Lucky bastard.
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Herbstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Re: colt 45 model goverment

Here she is ugly as hell but a good bluing job will fix that up

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thanksgiving2010-09-08_0005.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	22085

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thanksgiving2010-09-08_0004.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	22084
__________________

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4
Re: colt 45 model goverment

That's an awesome find and a steal for 40 bucks. I was cleaning out my aunt's house(she has a historic home), her basements floors and walls are made of dirt. I was digging in the dirt and found a bunch of old jars from the 1920's and 30's and some old tools. I cleaned them up and took them to an antique store, I got 20 bucks for one of the old jars and 90 bucks all in all. I guess one man's trash is a future man's treasure. It made me want to save all my stuff in a time capsule.
lgabrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Herbstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Re: colt 45 model goverment

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgabrick View Post
That's an awesome find and a steal for 40 bucks. I was cleaning out my aunt's house(she has a historic home), her basements floors and walls are made of dirt. I was digging in the dirt and found a bunch of old jars from the 1920's and 30's and some old tools. I cleaned them up and took them to an antique store, I got 20 bucks for one of the old jars and 90 bucks all in all. I guess one man's trash is a future man's treasure. It made me want to save all my stuff in a time capsule.
I hear ya !! It's been a long time since karma has gone my way
__________________

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
Re: colt 45 model goverment

Thats awesome! Those old colt 1911's can be worth some serious bucks.
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the best efi for a 70 model dhouse Classic Mustangs 1 11-17-2009 07:52 PM
Model Airplane Herbstang The Bar 15 09-07-2006 12:45 PM
A new saleen model PureVenom The Bar 20 09-01-2005 03:53 PM
Might model my car after this. Dom Mustang Audio & Video 30 03-07-2004 02:40 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:04 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.