College Football Thread - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop1234 View Post
who here thinks that bama wont win back to back other then me?
They have the Talent and Coach to do it... I think they have a target on their back a lot bigger than they are prepared to handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I think we will see JL before the end of the season. If JJ has another game like Vandy where he can't hit a pass beyond 2 feet I think JL will be given a shot. The one pass he through was a nice tease...hit the receiver in stride. What a concept. lol

I think this is gary's last year. Les took over play calling in the game this weekend for a bit...and we scored. We didn't ditch him last year because of the contract buy out...but I think he's gone this year. Les will have one more year to make something happen, then I think they will relieve him of duties as well unless he leaves us on his own. It's weird when he is the winningest coach in LSU's history...yet is hated my the masses.

None the less, I can't wait to go to the game this weekend. This will be my first SEC game instead of the usual punch bag games I've been to before (Toolame, Fresno St, and ULL). Very much looking forward to it.
SEC games are awesome. You need to make a Bama/Florida/Auburn/Georgia game if you really want to see the competitive **** talking step up. Miss St. is great though. I'll be out there just won't make it into the stadium.

Yea, I know Les is the winningest coach in History for us, but there is alot of skepticism about that b/c he went 2 to 3 years on Saban recruits, and overall now compared to then he was a helluva a coach in the beginning. Now he seems very conservative and laid back when the fans don't want that at all. We are SEC and we want a coach to scream, holler, kick, fight, go for it on 4th down, and quit running the ball like like a 1950s football game. We want Big Risky Offense and Strong D.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #37
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Yea, I know Les is the winningest coach in History for us, but there is alot of skepticism about that b/c he went 2 to 3 years on Saban recruits, and overall now compared to then he was a helluva a coach in the beginning. Now he seems very conservative and laid back when the fans don't want that at all. We are SEC and we want a coach to scream, holler, kick, fight, go for it on 4th down, and quit running the ball like like a 1950s football game. We want Big Risky Offense and Strong D.
One thing that is often over looked is that those 2 bad years have one thing in common....Gary. Look at Gary's past, he does the same thing everywhere. Lights out the first year. After that, he packs up the "wizard" outfit and dies.

The Saban's recruits thing is pretty lame. Otherwise, you can turn it around and say Saban won with Shula's recruits. Doesn't hold water. We have a top 5 recruiting class year after year. Having a recruit doesn't mean anything. If you don't use the recruit to their potential, it doesn't matter if he was a walk on or recruited by the mighty Zeus...he won't perform and the team will suck.

The only real knock Les has with recruiting that I can see is the lack of having a choice of QB's on roster. The Periloux thing screwed up the plans pretty bad, but I'm glad he bounced that dip****. Now the only problem is stubborness with keeping JJ in the game when he can't complete a pass for ****.

I think next year will be the deciding factor with Les. I really think you'll see GC gone after the season ends, if not before. I have a feeling that's why we brought Gonzo on. He was being groomed for OC under Meyer. I think he is the replacement in training for GC.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #38
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Louis there are 12 regular season games now. 14-0 would be a nice way to finish as that would put us winning the SECCG and BCSNCG
He was posting the score at the time.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #39
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Why that face????
Not a Gator fan except when they had to play Ohio State then I choose the SEC but UF is last on the list.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #40
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop1234 View Post
who here thinks that bama wont win back to back other then me?
:raisehandsmileythatdoesn'texistanymore:
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #41
Regular

Who is going to beat us?

Reddit
Old 09-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #42
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Who is going to beat us?
In my perfect world, I would love AU to play ruiner for Bama's season. Came very close last year, we shall see this year, other than that, I dunno, you don't play anyone this year so probably noone (duke?)
Old 09-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #43
Regular

Duke might win the ACC at the rate the ACC is going.

Reddit
Old 09-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #44
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Duke might win the ACC at the rate the ACC is going.
Hahah true... ACC... they wish so bad they were the SEC
Old 09-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281

Anyone know if Troy is in the SEC, or ever going to be? Since they played LSU last year and Bama this year?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #46
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Nate281 View Post
Anyone know if Troy is in the SEC, or ever going to be? Since they played LSU last year and Bama this year?
No
Old 09-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #47
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Who is going to beat us?
We are.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Oh no no no, Florida will bring it for Bama.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #49
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Oh no no no, Florida will bring it for Bama.
It's ok...we got your number too.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #50
Regular

Quote:
We are.
To be honest, you do have the best shot out of our schedule. I just don't think your defense can contain 3 of the best running backs in College Football and a more mature QB and Wide Receiving core.

Plus our defense hasn't taken the hit everyone thought it would.

Should be a good game though.

Reddit
Old 09-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #51
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
To be honest, you do have the best shot out of our schedule. I just don't think your defense can contain 3 of the best running backs in College Football and a more mature QB and Wide Receiving core.

I think our defense is the one thing we are least worried about. It's the guy under center than needs to come around the most. I think if we can figure out the QB issue, it will be a very competitive game.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Ecu go pirates! Argggggggghhh

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #53
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Haha, this turned more into the SEC football thread. BTW, bummed we didn't get to do a pickem this year
Old 09-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Nate281 View Post
Nope, won't ever happen. They aren't good enough competitively and we already have our Academic school to fall back on for test scores and blah...Vandy

Quote:

I'll repost exactly what Rob said....

Quote:
I think our defense is the one thing we are least worried about. It's the guy under center than needs to come around the most. I think if we can figure out the QB issue, it will be a very competitive game.
Our defense looks very strong at this point. While we have allowed some slip ups here and there we are strong. Bring your little backs to a real football stadium.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #55
Regular

Little Backs

Reddit
Old 09-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #56
A.K.A. Baby-D!

well stated fellow LSU fans.. i agree, we don't have much to worry about defense wise, but yes we do have to step up our offense a bit. but i think we're off to a GREAT start

GEAUX TIGERS!
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #57
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Haha, this turned more into the SEC football thread. BTW, bummed we didn't get to do a pickem this year
Yeah, I don't have that domain anymore...and it hadn't been converted to php yet to host here. Hmm, maybe that's something I can start messing with since work doesn't seem to want to assign me anything lately.

There are a couple other pickems we should think about for next year as well. The main one being a survivor. They are running this on the LSU forum I'm on. They are doing it for the NFL, but it could easily work for college as well.

The rules are simple. They provide a list of games being played each week. You pick 1 team to win. However, you can not pick that team again the rest of the season if you survive. If you are wrong, you are done and can't pick again. Each week you survive, you make a new pick. It's pretty slick if you ask me.

Hell, we could do a version of it for the bowl games when they get set this year. Then again, that would require logging in daily to make a pick...but, we could at least do a full on college pickem for the bowl games.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought football was only SEC and NFL? What others are there?

Quote:
Yeah, I don't have that domain anymore...and it hadn't been converted to php yet to host here. Hmm, maybe that's something I can start messing with since work doesn't seem to want to assign me anything lately.

There are a couple other pickems we should think about for next year as well. The main one being a survivor. They are running this on the LSU forum I'm on. They are doing it for the NFL, but it could easily work for college as well.

The rules are simple. They provide a list of games being played each week. You pick 1 team to win. However, you can not pick that team again the rest of the season if you survive. If you are wrong, you are done and can't pick again. Each week you survive, you make a new pick. It's pretty slick if you ask me.

Hell, we could do a version of it for the bowl games when they get set this year. Then again, that would require logging in daily to make a pick...but, we could at least do a full on college pickem for the bowl games.
I like the survior idea. Although, I'm not dedicated enough to check everyday.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #59
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

NFL? Ha. That is funny.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
NFL? Ha. That is funny.
Who Dat! Saints Baby! Who Else!?
Old 09-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #61
Regular

Quote:
Who Dat! Saints Baby! Who Else!?
I like the Saints as much as the next guy but everyone in LA needs to check themselves at the door. It's your first Super Bowl, stop acting like the Patriots.

Reddit
Old 09-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #62
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:

Survivor would be a weekly pick. Pick one game a week never picking the same team twice.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281

Quote:
I like the Saints as much as the next guy but everyone in LA needs to check themselves at the door. It's your first Super Bowl, stop acting like the Patriots.
They're only Saints fans when they win.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #64
Regular

Who Dat was cool for awhile but now its been completely over used.

Reddit
Old 09-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #65
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Who Dat was cool for awhile but now its been completely over used.

Wait till you get to nawlins and see all the "Two Dat" signs and crap. It was all over last weekend when I was down there.

I'm looking forward to watching the bandwagon unload passengers this season.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm looking forward to watching the bandwagon unload passengers this season.
Post of the month.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #67
A.K.A. Baby-D!

I do agree that a lot of ppl did jump on the bandwagon last season, but there also are some die hard Saints fans that will never give up on our team. I was raised on watching the Saints every week during football season...
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:07 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Ive been an Aints fan since I can remember. As are most of us locals. I just prefer NCAA over NFL. How bout them tigers! LSU that is ...29-7 5 interception awesome...

Oh and The other two tigers ...i hope Auburn pulls it out! Clemson is making me nervous. Geaux SEC.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #69
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

We won again but still have lots of room for improvement. Demps is the man, though.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #70
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Ive been an Aints fan since I can remember. As are most of us locals. I just prefer NCAA over NFL. How bout them tigers! LSU that is ...29-7 5 interception awesome...

Oh and The other two tigers ...i hope Auburn pulls it out! Clemson is making me nervous. Geaux SEC.
Only because our qb is too young to know where to throw.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar