Great Article from USATODAY - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Great Article from USATODAY

'This is not a black thing' - USATODAY.com

Quote:
Daniels, who is 35 and black, worries about a downward cultural spiral where suburban boys work as pimps, middle-class girls aspire to dance like strippers and dropping out of school is often seen as a badge of honor.

Others have noticed a blurring of urban and suburban youth cultures: A 2004 Manhattan Institute for Policy Research report concluded that "suburban public high school students have sex, drink, smoke, use illegal drugs, and engage in delinquent behavior as often as urban" students.

Daniels believes "the bar has dropped so low (for acceptable behavior) that we don't even know where it is anymore." She emphasizes that "this is not a black thing. It's a national thing."

"This behavior is celebrated. It's now something folks don't have shame about," Daniels says. "Our expectations have gotten too low."
hits the nail on the head in my opinion.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: Great Article from USATODAY

it's called the pussification of America. people are so afraid to say anything anymore that the youth of today is running rampant. i think it's high time we give this PC world a good ol swift kick in the ***. time to say **** off to the likes of Al Gore and Al Sharpton and start running things like the 1950's. if your kid smarts off, kick his damn teeth in. then see how much he talks back. and if Geraldo or any other media bastard wants to come knocking on my door i'll kick their teeth in too. last i checked, they are my kids. i will raise them as i see fit. and if they grow up to be more respectable adults, well then i guess i must have done something right.

that is all.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

How come everyone today is too much of a ***** to smack their kids around? That's what I want to know: why are parents afraid to beat their kids? When I was a kid and I screwed up, my parents beat my ***. We didn't have a conversation about it. I didn't have a "time out." In fact, I've never even once been grounded in my life. What's the point? Send your kid to his room and make him play video games and read comic books all day? Great idea, why don't you take him to a psychiatrist while you're at it so she can pull some disorder out of her *** to hide the fact that you're a bad parent?

Kids today need a good beating every now and then. If you don't beat your kids when they fall out of line, the next thing you know your son will go off and bang some dude in the *** just out of spite. You tell them to clean their room, they say "no," you smack them. It's simple; it works. Don't listen to these ******** on TV with their bull**** hippy psycho babble; if they had it their way, every child would be raised in a pastel colored room with Philip Glass pumped through the speakers 24 hours a day. Then again, it might not be all that bad because it will make your kids complacent, so it won't be as hard for them to swallow when they realize that they'll be spending the rest of their lives chained to a desk in a cubicle writing reports to make someone else rich.

The problem is that kids today think their opinions matter. By not beating your kids, they get a skewed perspective of reality where they start thinking that they have it rough and that they can get away with dying their hair and listening to Insane Clown Posse. That's where you need to come in and put the law down. To help you, the negligent parent, I've put together a guide to smacking your kids for your convenience (hint: you may want to even print this guide up and hang it on your fridge as a reminder to both you and your kids). Here are some useful techniques:

# 5 across the eyes
Five across the eyes. This is a very basic maneuver and usually enough to cover most situations when your child is out of line. Simply put four fingers tightly together and either leave the thumb off to the side or fold it behind the other four fingers. Then smack your kid across the face with the back of your hand. Now this is the tricky part: make sure to snap your wrist just before contact otherwise you won't get a stinging effect. Very important because you don't want to risk letting your kid think you're a *****.

#
The sucker punch. Just ask the question "hey, what's that on your shirt?" and when they look down, bust their lip. You need to do this every now and then to keep them guessing. Don't ever let them off the hook. Just because they're not doing anything wrong doesn't mean that they didn't do something wrong earlier that you weren't aware of.

#
The yard stick. Or for those of you who don't use the arbitrary American system, this is also known as "the meter stick." This is a good general purpose beating because the stick usually doesn't last beyond three or four good whacks--usually enough to send the message.

#
The one-two shut-the-hell-up. This is priceless when you're shopping and your kid won't shut the hell up: "I'm hungry, I want toys, I need my Insulin..." etc. First smack your kid (the 5 across the eyes technique works). Wait a few seconds for your kid to start crying, then smack your kid again to let him know that you mean business. This usually shuts them up because they see that the amount of crying is proportional to the amount of beatings.

#
The 2 x 4 / PVC pipe. If you do your job as a parent, this should never have to be administered. This is for heavy duty jobs only (ie. any time your kid comes home and begins a sentence with "she might be pregnant..." or "I can _____ if I want to..." where the blank can be any of the following: smoke, have sex, experiment with drugs, watch Oprah, etc). Usually the threat of this beating is enough to keep your kid from screwing up.

#
The Dragon Kick. If you're interested in a permanent solution to your child giving you lip about washing the dishes, cleaning his or her room or filing your tax return, then the Dragon kick might be the technique for you. I guarantee that you will only have to ask once after the Dragon kick has been administered.

#
The skull thump. A quick blow usually dealt to the side or back of the head. Simply flick them in the head with your finger. An alternative is to smack your child up side the head with your palm. Very useful for teaching your child to read when he or she makes a mistake. Hitting your child when he or she is learning builds confidence, or undermines confidence--I can't remember which.

#
The one-handed chauffeur reach around. A quick reach around while you're driving to smack your kid and his friends too if they disrespect. Swerve the car back and forth for the full effect.

#
The cane intercept. If you're too old to chase your kid around the house, use the handle of your cane to trip him if he tries to get away. When he gets up, poke him in the head a few times to let him know who's boss.

There you have it. Use these basic techniques to discipline your child if you want him or her to turn out to be a success story like me. Here's how to tell if you've fulfilled your obligations as a parent:

Remember: never take **** from your kids. You make payments on the house, utilities, their clothes, school, and their food. You own them. If they don't like it, they can move out. If you love your kids, love them enough to beat them so that they don't grow up to be idiots.

1,221,367 people don't know the difference between discipline and child abuse.

That is all i have to say... maddox is my "god"
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Dude, wtf is it with you and maddox, did you just now discover him? Where the hell have you been since 10 years ago? Stop with the ****, it doesn't make you cool to post his bull **** all the time
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:17 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Who is Maddox?
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:38 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

no it serves it right... ya'll are talking about parents and letting children get out of hand. his point is right. **** off.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #7
Road Trip!

and if i said it makes me cool... you quote me where i said that. kthnx
Old 04-17-2007, 08:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

i think ya'll are missing the point. i, personally, don't care who maddox is. but what i do care about is the fact that i won't let my kids grow up to be *******. do i "beat" them, no. do i discipline them, hell yeah. Michael's right, too many people can't differentiate between discipline and abuse. so consequently, if you smack your kid when they get out of line, you are abusing them. example: the other night my wife and i are at walmart standing in line waiting to check out. my kids are acting like idiots so i put them in their place. the old people in front of me, apparently, shot me some dirty looks due to me disciplining my children. my wife then proceeds to tell me to stop because people are staring. my reply: let them ****ing stare. at least my kids won't grow up as ******* like theirs did. but either they didn't like me or they didn't like the fact that i would actually correct my kids. and i am so tired of hearing people say kids are kids. let them be kids. i agree partially. but there is a line that needs to be drawn. because if you let kids get away with proverbial murder now, what are you going to do when it's too late? if you don't start now, you won't be able to say you tried to raise them right. basically, if you don't at least try to teach them right from wrong now, you will have failed them when they get older. especially if they end up committing murder.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

heres my 2 cents. there does need to be discipline. Theres only so much postive enforncement and such you can do to a kid till you have to take it that the next level. which would be teh spanking.

Personally I grew up in a house where my parents had a strict up bringing and they gave me that till they thought i was the right age to start taking the spanking and doing something else.

I dont get why its that hard for parents of today to do the same

But the retarded part about all this and why so many are afraid to spank a kid is that for a while (like 3-4 years back) kids were calling the cops on thei rown parent sand saying they were getting beat and such and such and then they ended up getting taken away for awhile till parents had to go to some course (like that simpsons episode)

its sad that society does treat things that way.

Me ill be bringing the spanish strict upbringing so I know my kids will have respect for their elders and not be a bunch of ******* cause babying a kid is why we have so many damn of these stupid *** organiztions.

bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar