Assult Rifles Found on campus - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Assult Rifles Found on campus

Well...now it is time for us to start hearing about all the guns being taken off of campus' across the country....

First up...the college I attended in my senior year of HS...

R News: As It Happens, Where It Happens

Quote:
RIT Student Found With Weapons
by Amy Young
Published Apr 17, 2007
Watch Video

Authorities arrested an RIT student Tuesday and charged him with felony weapons counts.

Monroe County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Jonathan Hackenburg, 22, of New Jersey around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Police say Rochester Institute of Technology security received a call from someone at the RIT Inn and Conference Center claiming to hear the sound of someone racking a gun in a neighboring dorm room at the Inn in Henretta. The hotel doubles as housing for RIT students.

When authorities entered Hackenburg's room, they found two assault rifles. One weapon is a Stag-15 rifle. The other, a Romanian made AR-15 style rifle.

In addition to the rifles, authorities found four 30-round magazines and more than two hundred rounds of ammunition. Some of the ammunition was found in the student's vehicle.

Hackenburg told authorities he has a permit from his hometown in Hackettstown, New Jersey to purchase firearms. The senior RIT engineering student told authorities he has spent a lot of time working on guns and rebuilding them.

Hackenburg was arraigned in Henrietta Town Court Tuesday night. He's charged with two counts of criminal ossession of a weapon in the 3rd degree (D felonies) and criminal possession of a weapon in the 4th degree for possessing a firearm on school property.

He remains in the Monroe County jail on $15,000 cash bail, $30,000 bond.

Monroe County Sheriff Patrick O'Flynn says Hackenburg could face more serious federal charges. The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is investigating whether Hackenburg violated federal weapons trafficking laws.

RIT officals notified students immediately with a crime alert. It is the school's protocol.

We will bring you more on this developing story throughout the evening.
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Re: Assult Rifles Found on campus

as it all begins
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Doesn't Black95Stang live in Hackettstown?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

O no, he had guns on a campus.

My thought is, if you have a permit, why can't you have it on campus. If you have a concealed carry permit, why can you not conceal carry on campus.

I'll be honest, I checked to make sure my mags were full on my guns after what happened monday. I'm not going to be shot without a fight.

If we allowed legal guns on campus, then maybe the herding of innocent people into a line on the wall to be executed wouldn't have happened.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

My thought is, if you have a permit, why can't you have it on campus. If you have a concealed carry permit, why can you not conceal carry on campus.

I'll be honest, I checked to make sure my mags were full on my guns after what happened monday. I'm not going to be shot without a fight.

If we allowed legal guns on campus, then maybe the herding of innocent people into a line on the wall to be executed wouldn't have happened.
Yup...that about sums it up right there...

Keep in mind...NY isn't all that bright...hell, they elected someone from Arkansas that claimed to be a NY'er and they believed her...go figure...
Old 04-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Agreed !!!

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Second Amendment, as passed by the House and Senate and later ratified by the States, reads:
“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
The hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights which hangs in the National Archives had slightly different capitalization and punctuation inserted by William Lambert, the scribe who prepared it. This copy reads:
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
Both versions are commonly used in official Government publications.
in my mind, nuff said.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

Exactly

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Yup...that about sums it up right there...

Keep in mind...NY isn't all that bright...hell, they elected someone from Arkansas that claimed to be a NY'er and they believed her...go figure...

The people from the island are the ones you speak about. the people from NY state, are pretty much right sided people. Just basically a bunch of farmers that live in the north. People from NY state don't agree with those from NYC. They hate the hillary. Like guns. Like their civil liberties. I say this from personal experience. not hearsay
3.3Liters4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:15 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.3Liters4Fun View Post
The people from the island are the ones you speak about. the people from NY state, are pretty much right sided people. Just basically a bunch of farmers that live in the north. People from NY state don't agree with those from NYC. They hate the hillary. Like guns. Like their civil liberties. I say this from personal experience. not hearsay
I know...I am from NY originally...the other NY that is...the one with cows and trees and such. I was born and raised near buffalo and rochester...lived there for 26 years of my life.

And..I was there for her hometown speaches while running for senate...she came to my town and attempted to talk about feeling for the farmers of the state (we were a very large dairy producing county)...her speach smelled worse than the manure covered fields surrounding the school.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #11

Quote:
I know...I am from NY originally...the other NY that is...the one with cows and trees and such. I was born and raised near buffalo and rochester...lived there for 26 years of my life.

And..I was there for her hometown speaches while running for senate...she came to my town and attempted to talk about feeling for the farmers of the state (we were a very large dairy producing county)...her speach smelled worse than the manure covered fields surrounding the school.
Haha!

Yeah while I am at it. Ok none of us remember this b/c its long ago, so this is just based on an assumption. Back in the day when they carried swords and what not they didn't have this one person being mad and killing a whole bunch of people. B/c when that guy pulled his sword every one else around him had one two. So he didn't have an instant advantage over every one else. I kind think the same way for guns. Let people with carry licenses carry on campus, and I bet people would think twice about doing it, because they don't have that same overwhelming advantage over every one else. I mean they might have it over 90% of the population but that other 10% who carries is really going to mess up their plan/day/rest of existence.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:39 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Not being allowed to carry a gun on a campus while in possession of a concealed permit is against my rights as a US citizen.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 AM   #13

Yeah but you elect do to that by enrolling in that university

o yeah i am not saying that you shouldn't be allowed to have a handgun if you have a permit to carry, i am just playing devil's advocate.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

True, but there are NO universities that allow the carrying of handguns on your person or in your car that I am aware of.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:44 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Not being allowed to carry a gun on a campus while in possession of a concealed permit is against my rights as a US citizen.
um i dont believe thats true, my assumption of concealing is there are places you can bring and there is a federal laws of certain areas you cant ever bring it. im not a 100% sure but im certain hat bringing a gun anywhere near a school is one of them. but maybe thats my state again its assumption that i was always on when it comes to concealing permits
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

in Tx, there are posted signs stating when you can not bring a firearm into a building. Schools, busses, police stations, courthouses, etc. all have a sign clearly posted stating that fact. if it's not posted, it is to be assumed that it is legal to bring a legally licensed concealed handgun on to the premises and into the building. so unless it is in the by laws or the registration information that you fill out prior to enrolling, or it is posted at the entrance to the university grounds and buildings, it becomes, at least in Tx, a legal right to conceal on that property. and IMO, i would rather have somebody who is licensed to carry, he passed obviously he has some mental stability, carrying a gun just in case there is a nut**** carrying that is not.

I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

You also cannot be in possession of a firearm within 1000 yards of a school. And it is federal law that you can not possess a firearm on a college campus.
Our's:
Old 04-20-2007, 10:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

too bad, cause I think CHO would be a dead mother****er if he had marched in my house

oh and by the way, im not allowed to have a guy in accordance of my lease for this appartment. screw that ****.

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Black95GT

We love our guns in Hackettstown!
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:23 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I don't believe guns should be allowed on Campus... ****, they don't allow alcohol in the dorms, why allow guns? If you want to have them, keep them at home. But I guess that's just my Democrat side screaming out I think it's worth noting I don't have a problem with people having guns, just not on campus.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
I don't believe guns should be allowed on Campus... ****, they don't allow alcohol in the dorms, why allow guns? If you want to have them, keep them at home. But I guess that's just my Democrat side screaming out I think it's worth noting I don't have a problem with people having guns, just not on campus.
So what do you think might have happened if another student in that class at VT happened to carry a gun for protection?

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
So what do you think might have happened if another student in that class at VT happened to carry a gun for protection?
so your solution is for people to carry guns?

alright, return question... what happens when two guys get into a fight? Now it escalates much easier so after a punch is thrown, each pulls a gun. Carrying guns isn't the solution. Yeah, IF a guy had been carrying a gun, it could've been ended, but IF the RA had been able to subdue him, it could've been stopped too.. and no, I'm not blaming anything on the RA, just making IF's. Or, if they had locked campus down and not allowed classes after people were MURDERED in the dorms, the situation could've been avoided. I realize it was "only 2 hours"... but still, why not post guards at the doors of the buildings, and post that classes are cancelled... search kids that are entering the dorms, if they're clean, let them in. At least those kids are now safe.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 04-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #23
Regular

Put a police officer in every building with a gun.

Reddit
Old 04-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Nugent
Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in illegal possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun law. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones.
i believe that's where Jimmy stands on this issue.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
i believe that's where Jimmy stands on this issue.
I have nothing against people having guns. Own all the guns you want. You want fireworks, your's... I don't care. But I don't believe guns belong on college campuses, or carried on your person unless you have a permit to do so... that's where I stand

Old 04-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I have nothing against people having guns. Own all the guns you want. You want fireworks, your's... I don't care. But I don't believe guns belong on college campuses, or carried on your person unless you have a permit to do so... that's where I stand
Yeah, because recent events have definitely shown that you are always safe on college campuses and don't need to protect yourself there.

Scary stuff.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Yeah, because recent events have definitely shown that you are always safe on college campuses and don't need to protect yourself there.
find where I said you were 100% safe anywhere...

Old 04-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
find where I said you were 100% safe anywhere...
sarcasm: Definition, Synonyms and Much More from Answers.com

Scary stuff.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:19 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
so your solution is for people to carry guns?

alright, return question... what happens when two guys get into a fight? Now it escalates much easier so after a punch is thrown, each pulls a gun. Carrying guns isn't the solution. Yeah, IF a guy had been carrying a gun, it could've been ended, but IF the RA had been able to subdue him, it could've been stopped too.. and no, I'm not blaming anything on the RA, just making IF's. Or, if they had locked campus down and not allowed classes after people were MURDERED in the dorms, the situation could've been avoided. I realize it was "only 2 hours"... but still, why not post guards at the doors of the buildings, and post that classes are cancelled... search kids that are entering the dorms, if they're clean, let them in. At least those kids are now safe.
The whole point behind carrying guns on campus is that you must have a concealed carry permit issued to you by the state you are enrolled in college. By having one of these permits, you have taken the necessary steps for the state to see that you are fit to carry a firearm on your person.

About shutting down the campus. Why doesn't a city shut down everything within 40 city blocks when a murder takes place? Because it is an isolated incident as far as they are concerned and "what ifs" and "they should have"s are going to do no good.

The campus police did the right thing. What if they would have shut down the campus for the rest of the day and emptied all of the dorms and such? There would be a thread made by someone talking about how much of a waste of a time they made by shutting down the campus and how they overreacted.

Point being, it happened. We now have to look at prevention and protection. There is no plausible way to run every student, faculty member, and visitor through a check point. If a campus did try, there would be talks of how much of a waste of money it is.

This is like airlines, do you want to feel safe or be safe? Right now we are told we are safe on airplanes, when in reality, it doesn't make a difference. The only real way to solve the problem is to find where it started and find a way to prevent it.
Our's:
Old 04-22-2007, 01:22 AM   #30
Regular

Quote:
About shutting down the campus. Why doesn't a city shut down everything within 40 city blocks when a murder takes place? Because it is an isolated incident as far as they are concerned and "what ifs" and "they should have"s are going to do no good.
A city isn't a school and if you recall most schools are put in lock down when a murder/shooting takes place within the vicinity of a school and the shooter is on the loose.

Reddit
Old 04-22-2007, 01:23 AM   #31
Regular

Quote:
The campus police did the right thing. What if they would have shut down the campus for the rest of the day and emptied all of the dorms and such? There would be a thread made by someone talking about how much of a waste of a time they made by shutting down the campus and how they overreacted.
Then 30 lives could have been saved when it was revealed that the gunman was indeed a student.

Reddit
Old 04-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #32
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

How about...what if a cop grew a set and went in to stop the person making all the gun shot noises instead securing the perimeter, guarding their cars and trees waiting for swat. I mean, really, you hear someone systematically executing people and you sit there waiting for him to stop. good plan.

Everytime I say that, someone comes back with: "He chained the doors". Well, chains don't hold up to 00 buck shot too well...nor does the glass in the glass door...nor will it hold up if you were to use a squad car to open the door.

I personally think the police dropped the ball not going in and stopping them. I don't think I could sit back and wait knowing each shot heard is likely killing another student.

And, to address the other come back I have heard: "What if the cop would have shot the wrong person". well...it would have been the nutjob over there with 2 guns....I don't think there were many that matched that description that day.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
How about...what if a cop grew a set and went in to stop the person making all the gun shot noises instead securing the perimeter, guarding their cars and trees waiting for swat. I mean, really, you hear someone systematically executing people and you sit there waiting for him to stop. good plan.

Everytime I say that, someone comes back with: "He chained the doors". Well, chains don't hold up to 00 buck shot too well...nor does the glass in the glass door...nor will it hold up if you were to use a squad car to open the door.

I personally think the police dropped the ball not going in and stopping them. I don't think I could sit back and wait knowing each shot heard is likely killing another student.

And, to address the other come back I have heard: "What if the cop would have shot the wrong person". well...it would have been the nutjob over there with 2 guns....I don't think there were many that matched that description that day.
also, I don't see why campus police don't carry guns... let them go through special training and carry the gun. Maybe they would've done some thing. I know I couldn't sit there listening to *BANG* *SCREAM* *BANG* SCREAM*
... seriously, good point Rob.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I used to pack on campus but it stayed in my truck or Bronco cause you never knew what kinda whack job could walk in and start shooting.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
also, I don't see why campus police don't carry guns...
i guess these no guns nutjobs think that's it's safe to bring a knife to a gun fight. no one stops to think about the worst case scenerio. everyone thinks that if you ban a gun from this location or that one, the bad guys will all of a sudden follow the rules and check their gun at the door. this is not a utopian society. so when people actually pull their heads out of their asses and realize that in order to protect ourselves we must arm ourselves, then and only then will not have a Columbine, a Killeen Luby's, or a Va Tech happening without 15 other people drawing their firearms on the shooter. until then, we will have systematic mass executions taking place in the areas where guns are prohibited. news flash to the anti-gun whack jobs... laws are made to keep the criminal element in check. but when that doesn't work, a Smith and Wesson .357 automatic will do in a pinch. like Ted Nugent said, when you take the guns out of the hands of the innocents, you just make the bad guys happier. and remember this, a bad guy is less likely to pull his gun if he doesn't know if his target is carrying one too. at that point, vulnerability takes a backseat. and his feeling of power is changed to doubt.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar