Holy ****! Lock The Kids Up!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Holy ****! Lock The Kids Up!!!

Seriously. This could be dangerous stuff.

'Pot 2.0':U.S. marijuana growing stronger - CNN.com

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Re: Holy ****! Lock The Kids Up!!!

Quote:
They cited data from the University of Mississippi's Marijuana Potency Project showing the average levels of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, in the products rose from 7 percent in 2003 to 8.5 percent in 2006
that **** right there makes me laugh. Around here growers I know are growing at a 14% potency level (trust me teh amounts of money they charge for it is one reason how you know) and Amsterdam has 10%-17% from what I member when I went and that was back in 02.

Ive also smoked pure THC in a vaporizer (again in good ol Amsterdam) hahah I think they need to start worrying about Coke cause that **** right there is getting pretty damn strong once again. I see fishscale around here all the time and I dont even live in Florida
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

:chin: I need to start burning again.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

perhaps now, the music industry will improve

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

I say we should shoot for a 20% potency level We have pink fishscale in fl

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

^ if you ever get the chance go to amsterdam I smoked this **** that had like 17% potency it was called Buddas Sister it was one of the harshest weed Ive ever toked on the weed wasnt even green it was grey cause it had so many damn crystals on it

Damn pink fishscale huh damn thats crazy
Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thought Id throw this up while we on subject

Quote:
Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain
Analysis of Studies Finds Little Effect From Long-Term Use
By Sid Kirchheimer
WebMD Medical News

July 1, 2003 -- Long-term and even daily marijuana use doesn't appear to cause permanent brain damage, adding to evidence that it can be a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of diseases, say researchers.

The researchers found only a "very small" impairment in memory and learning among long-term marijuana users. Otherwise, scores on thinking tests were similar to those who don't smoke marijuana, according to a new analysis of 15 previous studies.

In those studies, some 700 regular marijuana users were compared with 484 non-users on various aspects of brain function -- including reaction time, language and motor skills, reasoning ability, memory, and the ability to learn new information.

Surprising Finding

"We were somewhat surprised by our finding, especially since there's been a controversy for some years on whether long-term cannabis use causes brain damage," says lead researcher and psychiatrist Igor Grant, MD.

"I suppose we expected to see some differences in people who were heavy users, but in fact the differences were very minimal."

The marijuana users in those 15 studies -- which lasted between three months to more than 13 years -- had smoked marijuana several times a week or month or daily. Still, researchers say impairments were less than what is typically found from using alcohol or other drugs.

"All study participants were adults," says Grant, professor of psychiatry and director of the Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research Center at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine.

"However, there might be a different set of circumstances to a 12-year-old whose nervous system is still developing."

10 States OK Marijuana Use

Grant's analysis, published in the July issue of the Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, comes as many states consider laws allowing marijuana to be used to treat certain medical conditions. Earlier this year, Maryland became the 10th state to allow marijuana use to relieve pain and other symptoms of AIDS, multiple sclerosis, cancer, glaucoma, and other conditions -- joining Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.

Medicinal marijuana is available by prescription in the Netherlands and a new marijuana drug is expected to be released in Great Britain later this year. In the U.S. and elsewhere, Marinol, a drug that is a synthetic form of marijuana and contains its active ingredient, THC, is available by prescription to treat loss of appetite associated with weight loss in AIDS patients.

Grant says he did the analysis to help determine long-term toxicity from long-term and frequent marijuana use. His center is currently conducting 11 studies to determine its safety and efficacy in treating several diseases.

"This finding enables us to see a marginal level of safety, if those studies prove that cannabis can be effective," Grant tells WebMD. "If we barely find this effect in long-term heavy users, then we are unlikely to see deleterious side effects in individuals who receive cannabis for a short time in a medical setting, which would be safer than what is practiced by street users."

Grant's findings come as no surprise to Tod Mikuriya, MD, former director of non-classified marijuana research for the National Institute of Mental Health Center for Narcotics and Drug Abuse Studies and author of The Marijuana Medical Handbook: A Guide to Therapeutic Use. He is currently president of the California Cannabis Medical Group, which has treated some 20,000 patients with medicinal marijuana and Marinol.

'Highly Effective Medicine'

"I just re-published a paper of the first survey for marijuana toxicity done in 1863 by the British government in India that was the most exhaustive medical study of its time in regards to possible difficulties and toxicity of cannabis. And it reached the same conclusion as Grant," Mikuriya tells WebMD.

"This is merely confirming what was known over 100 years ago, as well as what was learned by various government findings doing similar research -- marijuana is not toxic, but it is a highly effective medicine."

In fact, marijuana was available as a medicinal treatment in the U.S. until the 1930s.

Lester Grinspoon, MD, a retired Harvard Medical School psychiatrist who studied medicinal marijuana use since the 1960s and wrote two books on the topic, says that while Grant's finding provides more evidence on its safety, "it's nothing that those of us who have been studying this haven't known for a very long time.

"Marijuana is a remarkably safe and non-toxic drug that can effectively treat about 30 different conditions," he tells WebMD. "I predict it will become the aspirin of the 21st century, as more people recognize this."
Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain
Old 05-02-2007, 01:57 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

uh-huh, asprin of the 21st century? thats a little far. i dont think i like the sound of my entire office place being stoned out of their gourd because they have a simple headache.

i think they should legalize it and then just treat it like alcohol, IE dont drink and drive, do it in moderation, etc. just teach people not to be stupid with it and educate people on what it really does. if you just tell someone its bad and not tell them why, theyre gonna do it to find out. we all grew up with DARE, honestly, how many of us sat in class and thought "wow, if its so bad, why do people do it?" so of course that makes us curious and we want to find out. they taught us peer pressure, etc. i WANTED to try it, and you know what, it was good. but like alcohol, i can only do so much, and like alcohol, im not addicted or anything, i might get the urge to get stoned maybe once or twice a year, i only do it if i have absolutely nowhere to go, and only if i dont work the next day (i get residual "disconnected" feeling the next day, i call it a stoners hangover).

i plan on letting my kids know what pot does, and how to use it correctly and not be stupid about it. if they want to get stoned thats fine, as long as theyre not driving around, and theyre not doing stupid ****. id like my children to be honest with me, and id like them to know they can come to me for anything, if theyre at a party and stoned/drunk and need a ride, or need someone to talk to, etc, that i will be there no questions asked.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
uh-huh, asprin of the 21st century? thats a little far. i dont think i like the sound of my entire office place being stoned out of their gourd because they have a simple headache.

i think they should legalize it and then just treat it like alcohol, IE dont drink and drive, do it in moderation, etc. just teach people not to be stupid with it and educate people on what it really does. if you just tell someone its bad and not tell them why, theyre gonna do it to find out. we all grew up with DARE, honestly, how many of us sat in class and thought "wow, if its so bad, why do people do it?" so of course that makes us curious and we want to find out. they taught us peer pressure, etc. i WANTED to try it, and you know what, it was good. but like alcohol, i can only do so much, and like alcohol, im not addicted or anything, i might get the urge to get stoned maybe once or twice a year, i only do it if i have absolutely nowhere to go, and only if i dont work the next day (i get residual "disconnected" feeling the next day, i call it a stoners hangover).

i plan on letting my kids know what pot does, and how to use it correctly and not be stupid about it. if they want to get stoned thats fine, as long as theyre not driving around, and theyre not doing stupid ****. id like my children to be honest with me, and id like them to know they can come to me for anything, if theyre at a party and stoned/drunk and need a ride, or need someone to talk to, etc, that i will be there no questions asked.
Amen Bro !!

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post

I've never gotten a hangover............. Wait what?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar