no gas - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Re: no gas

O yeah, Gas here is $3.19 a gal.. (Lack of oil in the mid west from more people driving, and o yeah cause the oil companys cut back.). <thats Bull ****.

Quote:
'No rationale' for gas increase, AAA says
By KEITH ROYSDON
kroysdon@muncie.gannett.com

MUNCIE -- Local gasoline prices jumped Thursday to $3.19 a gallon at some stations.

Motorists were frustrated by the increase and flocked to stations -- including Swifty on South Madison Street -- that offered gas for anything less than $3.19, even for a short period of time.

Gas price observers said the price increase -- nationally and locally -- was puzzling.

"It's not unusual to see gas prices increase in the spring," said Greg Seiter, public affairs manager for AAA Hoosier Motor Club. "Refineries are switching to the reformulated gas for the summer.

"But there's no clear-cut rationale why gas prices have jumped as much as they have," Seiter added. "We've had no hurricane, no refinery fire, no terrorist activity."

An industry spokesman said increased gas prices are the result of retailers passing along their costs -- reluctantly in many cases, because of concerns about driving customers to competitors.

"Wholesale prices have been going up steadily for five to six weeks," said Scott Imus of the Indiana Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Association.

Imus noted that gas costs, taxes and even transportation costs -- amounting to two cents a gallon alone -- resulted in a cost to retailers of $3.12 a gallon. Add another seven to eight cents for the cost of a credit card or debit card transaction, Imus said, and retailers are merely breaking even by selling for $3.19.

"It has gone up, but in a lot of areas, it has been selling below cost, particularly below credit card costs," Imus said.

AAA keeps track of gasoline prices. The auto travel advocacy group reported earlier Thursday that the average price nationally was $2.99 a gallon. In Indiana, the average price was $3.

By mid-morning, many stations had raised prices to $3.19. Swifty sold for less for a while and drew a line of cars that stretched down Madison Street. By early afternoon, the station's price was $3.18.

Imus has previously noted that local gas price increases are driven by competition. The same factors can make retailers hold off on an increase as long as possible.

"If you're the first one to post an increase, all your volume will go to your competitors," Imus said. "No one wants to be the first to pass on their costs."

Contact news reporter Keith Roysdon at 213-5828.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

I dunno but how the hell do we get these prices to go down? like in all seriousness what do we have to do as consumers to get companies like Citgo and Exxon/Mobil to finally hear we are the people that are putting that 500% (yes 500%) more profit in their pockets.

Im sick of this **** and I wanna take a stand.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:35 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

all you need to do is have the government ask questions like they did last year, remember when they government started asking and prodding around and all of a sudden gas prices went to 2.50$ and under? we just need to keep on these ****ers.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

yeah thats kinda hard when we all seriously know theres kickbacks happening somewhere. Thats just not good enough for me
Old 05-04-2007, 02:32 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to .red.pony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang View Post
O yeah, Gas here is $3.19 a gal.. (Lack of oil in the mid west from more people driving, and o yeah cause the oil companys cut back.). <thats Bull ****.
$3.19 a gallon?!?! wow thats crazy, i dont think our gas here in georgia has gotten over $3.00 yet, but i wouldnt be surprised if it did. Right now its like $2.80 a gallon. About a month ago prices were like $2.20 a gallon...they go up so fast, and come down soooo sloowww...
Old 05-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol 3.59/ Gal for 91 here.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

3.77 for 89 here

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Black95GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
3.77 for 89 here
damn im at 2.99 for V-powa!
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #44
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
3.77 for 89 here
Holy ****. Now that's ridiculous. It's 2.85 here for 87.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
3.77 for 89 here
wtf! lol dam usually we in california get the short end but holy crap, you guys are getting owned!

Old 05-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #47
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenmystang View Post
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.
Doesn't work. Not goin to happen. n00b
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #48
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenmystang View Post
Doesn't work because if they aren't selling gas at their gas stations, they will sell it to the brands that are selling gas. Multiple gas brands come from the same refinery. Here, we have exxon. They mix gas for chevron, exxon, mobil, and shell. All the stations get gas from the same refinery in the area.

So, if they aren't selling their own, they will sell it to the other brands. The only way to hurt them is for a large number of people, like the whole country, to stop driving or seriously cut back on their driving. Without doing that, nothing will change.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #49
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Doesn't work because if they aren't selling gas at their gas stations, they will sell it to the brands that are selling gas. Multiple gas brands come from the same refinery. Here, we have exxon. They mix gas for chevron, exxon, mobil, and shell. All the stations get gas from the same refinery in the area.

So, if they aren't selling their own, they will sell it to the other brands. The only way to hurt them is for a large number of people, like the whole country, to stop driving or seriously cut back on their driving. Without doing that, nothing will change.
Its a god damn shame
Old 05-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Holy ****. Now that's ridiculous. It's 2.85 here for 87.
yeah i was desprate this morning too and that was the only damn gas station for the next 30 miles or so, so i was stuck....grrrrrr

Modified 2004 V6
Old 05-05-2007, 01:10 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

capitalism isn't a bad thing, not even in the oil companies... the problem lies else where, one thing being that fuel taxation is percentage per volume.. not a set rate.. why should government care, unless otherwise seriously provoked, that they suddenly have a huge increase in income via fuel tax from unrealistic "problems meeting demand" coming out of our suppliers.

hell I remember plenty of stories around last years head roll, where the government did step in and start nosing around about fuel shortages (they were forced to) oil companys started shipping out tankers full of fuel to the desert and dumping that **** just to get rid of it.. heh, if only they could come up with a fuel laundering program

the problem would dissapear if we started to pull fuel from our own non-existant supplies, its not as if the refinaries do less economic damage in the middle east as they would here in the states, all we did was move our problems from the 70's to another location. most of those problems have been solved due to technological resorces we've gained since then, bring it back!!!
bring it back!!!!

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:22 AM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
all you need to do is have the government ask questions like they did last year, remember when they government started asking and prodding around and all of a sudden gas prices went to 2.50$ and under? we just need to keep on these ****ers.

that's because the government asked their useless questions after everything calmed down from Katrina...

Government is the problem here. they need to let the oil companies build refineries, they need to not tax more for gas then the oil companies actually earn. Look up the numbers and direct your frustration at the government. That is where it belongs. Oil companies make around 10% profit margin. The taxes are around 23%.

Heck Profit and refining costs combined are 19% of the total cost.

A Primer On Gasoline Prices

Stop blaming big business for trying to make money like they are suppose to do and start blaming the government for not having the balls to stand up to the environmentallist lobby. Blame government for the high taxes that they charge on something that they put no work into actually producing

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:24 AM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

RIDICULOUS???? 2.85?!?!?! Oh please.

ITS 3.50 FOR 86 RIGHT NOW.

I'm going to start a riot and steal some gas.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:44 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966

break the addiction... just wait till gas goes up to 5+ dollars a gallon. thats when we gonna start taking over **** and thats when we gonna lose all global support. we consume 1/4 the oil produced . i agree that it is the governments fault, but mainly its our fault too. We Consume wayy to much.. even if the entire US were to hybrid-ize we would still eat the same amount of gas.. I think our goverment needs to step up programs to be "foreign oil free." make some sort of biofuel for gas powered cars, NOT JUST diesels..

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

i like my addiction. i say we take over the world and make every country service us.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
RIDICULOUS???? 2.85?!?!?! Oh please.

ITS 3.50 FOR 86 RIGHT NOW.

I'm going to start a riot and steal some gas.
Exactly man. It's been well over 3$ a gallon here for a while. 91 for my cobra is at $3.91.....87 is about $3.63. And its not even summer yet

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

cheapest I found 87 was at 3.04 which only lasted 2 hours before it got thrown at 3.07

down the street from me though is 3.29
Old 05-05-2007, 05:45 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

we have E85 ALL over the place here in indiana (we are i think the number 1 maker of it right now) but my mustang nor the explorer is made for it.(Ford said they do not advise to use E85 unless its a flex fuel engine). im not going to buy a new car just for the gas, I try not to use to much gas, but I got my "big" suv vs a truck cause it does get better fuel miles then a F150 or F250. (no i wont buy a lil kids truck..)
Quote:
Auto Diesel:$2.88 Unl:3.17 Plus:3.27Prem:3.37
<thats at the gas station next to my house. I drive to and from work, school, and to see my girlfriend. I dont go drive or race around town just because i have nothing to do.. The only thing i have that does suck down the gas is my tractor..
Old 05-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #59
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

2.81 here
Old 05-06-2007, 01:47 AM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

this is all bull****. I wish I was a Ninja Turtle, I'd kick the **** outta the oil companies. Then they'd be like "Holy ****! Police a turtle kicked my ***!"

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

read what I posted and whipster24 posted again..... its not oil companies, or free market to blame.

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:18 AM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

on the bright side with the warmer weather blends being reintroduced I'm back up to a comfortable 30+ MPG in my sixxer on the highway :yup:
Old 05-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy

interesting article on all of this Why one-day gas 'boycott' won't work - Answer Desk - MSNBC.com

Modified 2004 V6
Old 05-07-2007, 09:33 AM   #64
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Damn...even MSNBC gets it...maybe now these emails will stop.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #65
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Damn...even MSNBC gets it...maybe now these emails will stop.
I am going to have to go with "Probably Not" for 2000 Alex
Old 05-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #66
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
I am going to have to go with "Probably Not" for 2000 Alex
I know...it was a stretch...but my hope is that maybe if the clueless news can get it...maybe the clueless populous will get it too.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I'll take "Sounds Your Mother Makes" for 500.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Well, to get back to topic, I really don't think cars actually use that much gas compared to airlines. Hell Friday alone I put over 400 gallons in two T38's(visiting here for a "meeting") two F16's, 1400 and 1500 gallons respectively(they did 4 flyovers before landing). Plus we had an f15 take almost 1800 gallons, an E3 Sentry requested 40,000 lbs of fuel (so 40,000/6.7 lb per gallon, you do the math), not to mention the two C130's and 5 A10s we had that got fuel(not sure what they took). All of this was in one weekend people for a 3 and half our career day. Now imagine the commercial airlines.... I say drive more fly less. Plus there is less restrictions on aircraft than vehicle, and the aircrafts exhaust is released at 30,000 feet where COx's do more damage(I don't believe in global warming per se, but I know this can't be good for the environment). I can understand flying to another continent but come on.

I know this all sounds crazy, and I know it is. People will never be able to ween themselves off flying so much. I understand the military's need, but I'm sure they can do SEVERAL things to reduce their usage of petroleum products.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

What is "Blah blah blah blah blah"?

I'll take "Things No One Cares About" for 700.

Or is it ?

I dunno.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Filled up Sunday at 1.20 per liter but the good news is it will last until labour day. Fill again and she rests until May 08 Oh approx 4.80 per gallon
1LOBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar