The *New and Improved* Stupid Customer Daily Update - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: The *New and Improved* Stupid Customer Daily Update

LOL

Old 05-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via MSN to stanger99

thats some funny ****
stanger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Today's update:

We have a book we can look in with engine numbers to order engines based off the numbers from the original motor. Lately, this ability has been being used to help people determine what size motor they have in some POS they just bought from a junk yard. Well today we had a gentleman call needing to know the engine size in I think it was a `73 F100. This was easy to understand since there were I think 3 different motors available that were optional 4 barrels, so it could be difficult to guess without pictures. Well he gives me a number he found "on the cylinder head" supposedly. The number did not match any number we had for a head or block casting on any V8 made by Ford. So I pretty much told him to go back and try again. An hour later he calls back. He says he did not find any other numbers on the head since he can't see the entire head, but did see a number on the valve cover. He said he thought it was too short to be a good number, but figured he'd give it a shot...the number was 390....

Old 05-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #39
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Today's update:

We have a book we can look in with engine numbers to order engines based off the numbers from the original motor. Lately, this ability has been being used to help people determine what size motor they have in some POS they just bought from a junk yard. Well today we had a gentleman call needing to know the engine size in I think it was a `73 F100. This was easy to understand since there were I think 3 different motors available that were optional 4 barrels, so it could be difficult to guess without pictures. Well he gives me a number he found "on the cylinder head" supposedly. The number did not match any number we had for a head or block casting on any V8 made by Ford. So I pretty much told him to go back and try again. An hour later he calls back. He says he did not find any other numbers on the head since he can't see the entire head, but did see a number on the valve cover. He said he thought it was too short to be a good number, but figured he'd give it a shot...the number was 390....

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:08 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

this thread is awesome.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to likwuddeath06

ROFLCOPTER&LOLRSKATE!!!!!
likwuddeath06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:56 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post

The best was I cust. come in She told me her Husband sent her there for a new seven ten cap. I've worked in the automotive field my whole life & never heard of that. She said that it's on the engine in the front. Feeling really stupid I asked her to show me on her car. We went outside & she pointed to the oil fill cap... OIL upside down is 710 scary world we live in
Wait, someone REALLY did this? I remember their being a joke about it, but I can't believe someone ACTUALLY DID THIS.... Oh, ow, ow, ouch, my side, it hurts so bad
Old 05-14-2007, 09:59 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

this thread has some great stories
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:28 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Today's update:

So today we had someone call inquiring about our loaner tool program. As I'm sure most of you can gather, loaner tools is more of a specialty tool program like pulley pullers, steering wheel pullers, brake tools, hub pullers, fan clutch tools, etc. The kind of tools most people will use once and therefor don't want to ahve to buy.

This story isn't so much about actual stupidity as it is absurdity. This guy called and asked how much our 3/8" drive ratchets and a hammer were to rent....yes. I'm thinking, what kind of person are you if you would only use these types of tools enough to feel the need to only rent one.....if anyone EVEN RENTED SUCH BASIC TOOLS!

Oh and this was on a same day that a fully capable man in his mid 30's was unable to check his own oil to see how much he needed. The tard actually came in and asked us to check it for him...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

^and he was 3 quarts low in a 4 cylinder...
Old 05-18-2007, 12:54 AM   #46
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
^and he was 3 quarts low in a 4 cylinder...
wow
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:25 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yep. The thing sounded like *** naturally.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Today's Update:

Well today we had an unusualish one. Normally this thread is about customer shenanigans, but today it will be about the stupidity of another parts store in town and the customer being sort of stuck in the middle.

Our customer in question came in today after having already purchased a pair of CV axles from us the other day. Apparantly he was having some difficulty getting his old axles out, and for whatever reason decided to go to Vatozone for advice and to see if he got the right parts. :dunno:

Well, they tell him that this part of the axle:

Is "supposed to stay in the transmission and that we must have therefore sold him the wrong part because our axles DONT come with this part......... .....

After a few seconds of stunned disbelief, I said no. This part comes out with the old axle and is replaced when you install the new one and proceeded to explain how the grooves on the end work etc. He seemed to understand what I was saying and thought that made sense.

Now get this:
He then showed me a piece of paper that was supposed to contain Vatozone's "correct" axles that "did not" have that excess part as he was told. I put those numbers into our crossreferencer and viola! They came out to be the exact same axles we had sold him.

The poor guy was understandably confused and decided to call Vatozone from our store. He then got a SECOND person on the phone who was telling him the same thing the other guy told him!! He then asked if they had a part number for the axles he needed (he has a `88 Nissan Sentra). This new person then gave him totally different part numbers from what the first guy gave him. I pulled out the axles these new numbers crossed to and sure enough, they STILL had this mysterious part that was supposed to stay in the transmission . The poor guy then left and decided to see if he could bring the axles he had already purchased to the Zone so he could maybe get them on the same page as he was...or at least someone who knew wtf they were talking about.

To top it off, I decided to check what car these new axle part numbers were SUPPOSED to fit because they obviously weren't going to work in a Sentra. They were for a freaking "Stanza". So they didn't even look at the right car the second time. The customer said he might be back to return the CV's he already purchased if they had what he needed (poor guy was still believing what the Zone had told him). He never came back so I guess he finally had to figure out on his own Zone was full of ****.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cv axle smaller.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	17313  
Old 05-21-2007, 03:21 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

thats pretty bad, i was at Autozone the other day and some guy was looking for some items and I can hear in the background the lady manager saying this "Oh GM and Dodge are the same company"

yes you heard correctly this is the manager saying this.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

I don't doubt it, by the name, I'm pretty sure the second person the guy got was the manager at that time.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:03 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Today's update:

This is one I overheard. A customer was having a conversation with one of our employees about going fishing. Well, somehow, the subject came up of getting gas at a station called Sportsman's Park out on the river near where I used to live a while ago. Well, as we all know, little ma and pa gas stations out in the middle of no where are already subject to higher gas prices in the first place.

Well, Mr. "Thrifty" had just purchased a truck he said he didn't know much about (figure that one out), so he didn't want to put a load of gas in it to have the truck be a piece that he would have to get rid of . Well anyway, he decided that he would only put in "$3 worth". Well, as I'm sure we all also know, $3 is only MAYBE 1 gallon anymore, let alone at a little gas station in the middle of no where. "You know how long it takes to put in about $3 worth, so I did that and went in to pay", he said. Well, before he knew it, the tard had apparantly put in $30 worth! . He was thoroughly disgusted and said he yelled at the attendee and that he was glad he was able to keep his dad in the truck because "He would have had the law there and woulda caused a big ruckus and been hollering and screaming and such, but I decided it was just best to pay it and leave". .............he also said they should have had some kind of sign up saying that "Gas prices have gone up".................

1) Where the hell have you been if you dont know you can pump $3 worth of gas in about 10 secs.

2) What the hell was the poor gas station attendee going to do about your stupidity that you felt the need she should be yelled at by your ignorant ***?

3) If you were incapable of reading how much the gas was per gallon at the pump, chances are you would not have bothered to read a sign that ridiculously says "Gas prices has done went up some".

4) What the hell would the law have done if your old paps had called "the law"? They would told you to pay the $30 stinking dollars and stop bothering them or you'll get a citation.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:12 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

classic
Old 06-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Today's update:

I seriously had to go in the back room and lol at this one. Today's customer in question was so espcially unbelievable, that I asked the guy I was working with about him (he knew him). He said this guy just likes to try to talk his stuff up more than what other people actually have. Well Reggie, the guy I work with, told this guy (who owns a stang) about my car and that he should go see it. So I take him out and show it to him...big mistake. What followed were misc stories of:

1). He took his car to a dyno in Atlanta. While there, he saw a Mustang with "the 4.3" (the ole chevy motor swap obviously ) and a Paxton supercharger. "It dyno'd at 1200HP!"

2). His car with a C&L intake, 4.10 gears, exhaust, bigger injectors (... ...), a retune, and not a single thing else "Dyno'd at 411hp!"

3). He WAS running a "300 shot" on his stock motor until one night at the track his intake blew up. Me and Reggie actually lol'd at this and said he was lucky that's all that blew, not believing a word of course. He was like, "Heh heh, yeah, I was running it for about 8 months though."

I have to say this one was slightly better than the guy who told me he was going to supercharge his GT a while ago. I asked what size pulley he was planning on running, and he said "A big one, I want to make a lot of power".
Old 06-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to FattyMcFaterson

Quote:
Today's update:

I seriously had to go in the back room and lol at this one. Today's customer in question was so espcially unbelievable, that I asked the guy I was working with about him (he knew him). He said this guy just likes to try to talk his stuff up more than what other people actually have. Well Reggie, the guy I work with, told this guy (who owns a stang) about my car and that he should go see it. So I take him out and show it to him...big mistake. What followed were misc stories of:

1). He took his car to a dyno in Atlanta. While there, he saw a Mustang with "the 4.3" (the ole chevy motor swap obviously ) and a Paxton supercharger. "It dyno'd at 1200HP!"

2). His car with a C&L intake, 4.10 gears, exhaust, bigger injectors (... ...), a retune, and not a single thing else "Dyno'd at 411hp!"

3). He WAS running a "300 shot" on his stock motor until one night at the track his intake blew up. Me and Reggie actually lol'd at this and said he was lucky that's all that blew, not believing a word of course. He was like, "Heh heh, yeah, I was running it for about 8 months though."

I have to say this one was slightly better than the guy who told me he was going to supercharge his GT a while ago. I asked what size pulley he was planning on running, and he said "A big one, I want to make a lot of power".
I have lost faith in society. Can we impose a law to where if you do not pass an IQ test with at least a 100 we get to castrate you so you cannot produce more mongoloid children

Oh Snap! Baconz!
FattyMcFaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcFaterson View Post
I have lost faith in society. Can we impose a law to where if you do not pass an IQ test with at least a 100 we get to castrate you so you cannot produce more mongoloid children
Joe and I used to discuss this on nights we when we were closing and had such individuals
Old 06-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #56

Region: North Carolina

I used to work retail sales at a parts store when I lived in Ohio. Man, these stories bring back some memories. Luckily, I work in a parts department at a Cadillac dealership now, which is better, but we still get some winners here too! I remember the lady that came in while I was working at the parts store to buy a quart of oil. Being the gentleman that I am, I offered to put it in for her. She poltely bit my head off and told me how capable she was of doing it herself. So I let her. Back in she comes asking for another quart, which I sold her. On the fourth trip back in, I was confused. I asked her what she was driving and she told me a Grand Am. Only holds about 4.5 quarts. Turns out she thought the oil was to be at the top of the dipstick tube to be full. She had a good jump on it. It was about halfway up the stick!

The terminology some people use amazed me too. cadillac converter (or catalytic for the rest of us)
speed thermometer cable (speedometer cable)

I will think of some more, trust me. This thread rules!!
wbulick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:38 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeah the ole "I need a cadillac converter for a oldsmobile bruick..."
Old 06-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Or someone comes in and asks for a "Solenoid". When you ask them which frickin solenoid, they look at you like you're a dumbass because all cars can only have ONE solenoid and it is obviously for the starter
Old 06-12-2007, 09:41 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to FattyMcFaterson

Quote:
Or someone comes in and asks for a "Solenoid". When you ask them which frickin solenoid, they look at you like you're a dumbass because all cars can only have ONE solenoid and it is obviously for the starter
Do you sell solenoids for nitrous kits at advance? If you do, you should give them one of those whenever they ask for a solenoid and if they get mad tell em "sorry, you looked like a ricer to me in that 90 lumina"

Oh Snap! Baconz!
FattyMcFaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Ever time I read this thread ,it just puts a big old smile on my face

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

Today's From The Archives Update:

A few weeks ago, one of my coworkers told me this story. A guy comes into the store who knows this co worker who shall be referred to as "Joey". Now Joey and this guy "sort of" know each other. Not well, but they aren't really strangers. Well, he tells Joey that he just bought an used `04 Corvette, I don't think I have to say that a Corvette is made by Chevrolet BTW.
He then tells Joey that he is going to be making it into a full out drag car. By this he means, major engine work, "maybe even a swap".........., and that he will definately be swapping the transmision.......and will be looking for buyers for it....

Now for the Crou de Gracie (sp?): He asks Joey, "If you or your dad would want to buy my C6 transmission once I swap it out?". Based on what he said later, we are sure he wasn't even saying it as "My transmission out of C6 corvette". This would have still been incorrect but at least somewhat fogiveable considering our usual caliber of customers. But no, sadly, he was referring to his tranny by 'name'.

Says a lot for Fords if they make a tranny for the vettes...
Old 06-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

classic

about as funny as some guys who think they have a 83 vette
Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 PM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeah we get the smart alecks who call asking for parts for '83's. I tell them we don't sell Corvette parts but that they should try the Oldsmobile dealer.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #64
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

:chin:
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah we get the smart alecks who call asking for parts for '83's. I tell them we don't sell Corvette parts but that they should try the Oldsmobile dealer.
ever get "I need a water pump for a 70-ish Vdub beetle"
Old 06-14-2007, 10:55 PM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yup, those too among others.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

So I just had to share this story, I was at Autozone today looking for some Lucas injector cleaner and this random *** mexican comes up to me and asks "Hey my friend, I need a little help. is this good to add a little to my clutch?" (refering to what clutch fluid he needs) I glanced at what he had in his hand and it was Prestone DOT3 Brake Fluid. I was like "You do realize thats brake fluid right?" he goes "really? cause this is what my buddy used when he did the clutch on my car" My response "your buddy just might have wasted the money you spent to fix that clutch"

I dont think it all set in on what I was telling him cause he just gave me a : look and i told him he's gonna have to bleed out all that fluid and put new fluid in.

I still dont think he got what I told him cause he just bought 2 bottles of reg ol clutch fluid

What people think sometimes is beyond me
Old 07-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

??
Old 07-15-2007, 10:00 PM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy

Today's update:

Well today's update is more of a stupid Mexican update.

Today we had a couple beaners come in to return some exhaust piping they had just purchased about an hour ago. After much useless jesticulating and enunciating I finally gave up on trying to figure out if they just wanted to swap parts because it would have saved all of us a lot of trouble. So I returned the crap, and sure enough they go back and get new piping and essentially just had to give me back the exact same money I just handed them. But anyway, onto the best part of the story:

Since they managed to lose their receipt in only an hour, in order to do a return without receipts we need a driver's license number.....now remember, I did say these were Mexicans so you can probably figure out where this is going. In order to finally get them to figure out what we wanted, one of us actually had to show it them. This was followed by pointless wallet examining and a bit of quiet mumbling to each other in Spanish. Neither was able to produce a license and yes they did drive to the store and neither acted like they had ever owned one so we all know what this means. So I finally decided the hell with it since I had seen them in earlier purchasing the piping. After handing them the money, I told them to not "do too much driving like that" and they just sort of looked at each other and walked off. So, after they left, I got their tag number, and called it in to the police for driving without a license and gave them the last direction they were headed which would have taken them right by the police station. Probably nothing happened from it but it made me feel better. Plus, I have a cop buddy that I will be giving the plate number to personally. Maybe he will take special notice and pull them over should he see them and get their illegal asses deported.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 AM   #70
Regular

Region: Tennessee

lol awesome.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar