Immigration Agreement Reached - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Immigration Agreement Reached

Quote:
A bipartisan group of Senate lawmakers and the White House struck a immigration reform deal Thursday that would grant legal status to the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants already in the United States and increase border and interior enforcement initiatives.

The plan would establish a temporary worker program for new arrivals to the United States with a separate program for agricultural workers. The bill also would include provisions for new technology to ensure against immigration document fraud.

Supporters of the arrangement urged their congressional colleagues and the American public to support the bill as a whole even though strong objection may be felt toward its individual parts.

"All of you know that in the legislative process, no one gets 100 percent of what they want, if you're going to get something done," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz. said, speaking to reporters shortly after the deal was announced.

"From my perspective, it's not perfect, but it represents the best opportunity that we have in a bipartisan way to do something about this problem. And if we had not gotten together as Republicans and Democrats to develop this bipartisan consensus, we can be assured that there would not be a bill passed this year, and probably not next year," Kyl said.
If it takes giving 12 Million Illegals citizenship to finally lock the border down then so be it.

FOXNews.com - Senators, White House Reach Bipartisan Agreement on Immigration - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Immigration Agreement Reached

That just means that 12 million more people will be paying income tax. Since they take such a big bite out of me, those 12 million muther****ers deserve to get bit, too.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

nice bout time their getting somewhere with this
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
nice bout time their getting somewhere with this
I just hope it is in the right direction...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Um....so...these 12 million people that they don't know who or where they are, nor their back grounds, will be handed over a free slip of paper saying "Welcome".

Then, these same 12 million people that are working under the table in most cases, will then be expected to pay income tax and the employers will be expected to pay them normal employee rates...

These same 12 million will also then have to pay for their own insurance premiums and such?

Um...so...now, where is this motivation to register for the 12 million free pieces of paper?

This goes through, I see maybe a few doing it...but a majority are going to want to stay under the table...continue receiving free medicare...free education...free everything...and continue draining the system.

THe employers are not going to want to pay normal rates...because that will mean they will need to carry all the other expenses that come with a normal employee...disability, medicare, etc. They will in turn look for additional people that decide they don't want to pay nor wait for the guest worker bs to go through....and come in illegally...

This will take our illegal population from 12 million now...to let's say 6 million...then slowly crawl back up as employers fire people who do it right because they will no longer be saving money...and then hire new illegals so they can continue to save money.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #6
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Um....so...these 12 million people that they don't know who or where they are, nor their back grounds, will be handed over a free slip of paper saying "Welcome".

Then, these same 12 million people that are working under the table in most cases, will then be expected to pay income tax and the employers will be expected to pay them normal employee rates...

These same 12 million will also then have to pay for their own insurance premiums and such?

Um...so...now, where is this motivation to register for the 12 million free pieces of paper?

This goes through, I see maybe a few doing it...but a majority are going to want to stay under the table...continue receiving free medicare...free education...free everything...and continue draining the system.

THe employers are not going to want to pay normal rates...because that will mean they will need to carry all the other expenses that come with a normal employee...disability, medicare, etc. They will in turn look for additional people that decide they don't want to pay nor wait for the guest worker bs to go through....and come in illegally...

This will take our illegal population from 12 million now...to let's say 6 million...then slowly crawl back up as employers fire people who do it right because they will no longer be saving money...and then hire new illegals so they can continue to save money.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Yeah, that is pretty much what I was thinking too
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:32 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

I'd send these ****ers home. If you want to come into this country, you have to do it legally. Do you realize how many people will flood the country RIGHT NOW because of this???????

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

income tax boost! woot..

12,000,000,000 that we don't have to pay to cover THEIR asses anymore... assuming each one pays in 1k in income tax? (they can't make all that much can they?)
Old 05-18-2007, 12:06 AM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
income tax boost! woot..

12,000,000,000 that we don't have to pay to cover THEIR asses anymore... assuming each one pays in 1k in income tax? (they can't make all that much can they?)
A max of 50% of those 12 million will register...the rest will remain illegal because becoming legal will cost them money and/or their job.

I bet those that become legal will be 90% welfare cases. Ship their asses back or don't do anythiing. **** them....you ****ed me, my wife, and daughter with immigration...to hell with these mother ****ers getting a free pass....**** them all.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:48 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I agree, **** this.

I'm moving to Canada.

Or Alaska.....

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:57 AM   #11
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I'd move to Hawaii before Alaska. Mexicans can't swim that far but they can walk/drive to Alaska

Plus Hawaii isn't the ****ing arctic.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:07 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

nah, theyd have to go through canada to get to alaska. plus they dont like cold weather so that cancels that out.

im down with taking up arms before i give up my country. which i think thats what its gonna come down to.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:18 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

**** yeah give all these ****ers passes here.

This **** is really pissing me off. I need to learn how to catch crab in the pacific ocean like the guys on Deadliest Catch or I need to start saying EH more often.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

This will just mean everyone else that has yet to come on over will in hopes that they will also get thier pretty peice of paper.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Finally some good news on this ****

Lawmakers aim to revise immigration deal - Yahoo! News

Old 05-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

So....If they knew there were "exactly" 12,000,000 illegals, and, apparantly, know them by name why didn't they just deport them then? Oh, because they are guessing, and believe out of their good law breaking nature that they will now flood to register so they too can be able to start paying taxes.

BULL****!
Old 05-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

The thing will eventually be watered down so much that those 12 million will get free passes. The government already gets payroll taxes for lots of them. Heck, they know who they are, they get a bunch of Social Security Numbers that aren't valid and do nothing about it.

Both parties want to be the ones to make them citizens so that they can get them as voters.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar