Cant win For Losing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Cant win For Losing

Seriously.... Does Ford hate me???? I mean as much money as Ive spent on my car it seems like nothing ever goes right......

Ok well remember A Lady hit me a couple months ago and it was in and out of the shop so many times... first of all the body shop didnt put the fog light back into the fog light housing which ended up burning a hole through my front bumper..... which they had the fix. Then there was an extra grand worth of damage under my car. Then the tire shop droped my wheel when they were realigning for the 2nd time, after I just got them refinished... so they had to pay to have them redone agian which took another 2 weeks. Plus I was was having prob with my headers leaking which thankfully is fixed now. Anyways.....

Last week im washing my car kneel down to wash the side skirts when what I thought was mud from the road turned out to be some type of tar junk from the road construction theyve been doing... was nearly over the whole entire skirt. Weird thing is its scratched really bad. Ive never seen anything like it. So not knowing my bf already bought me cobra side skirts for an early bday gift, he went ahead and gave them to me. (BF'S that buy car parts are the coolest btw

Ok well Im looking my car over and notice its spider cracked just about everywhere on my front bumper the body shop just painted and the paint is starting to come off. I was pissed. So I tooke it back to the body shop which looked it over and said to bring it back monday for 2 days so they could redo it. Stangfest is coming up too and Im trying to get my sh*t together. Ahhh maybe its not meant for me to have a mustang.... a red one at that.... since I totalled my last red stang haha.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Re: Cant win For Losing

I feel you on having **** breaking all the time... at least you're not rebuilding the motor!

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

lol welcome to the club.

upon washing my car last night i found 3 more areas where paint is just flaking off because they did not properly prep the urethane surfaces of the roush kit, and did not add any flex to the paint itself. once the gsx is on the road in my name after the dam stupid CEL gets fixed (leaning towards a new ecu now, might as well wait to get one socketed as well for dsmlink), the stang is going back to the ****tards with a ultimatem to fix it or else a lawsuit will ensue.

when doing my rear brakes i guess some brake fluid got onto the inside of my wheels and then worked its way outside while moving, and now a few spots of the polished lip the fluid ate away the clearcoat.

my roush tips are permanently stained from the exhaust. i took a wire brush to them to try to get the grime off and it laughed at me. i think i will be putting the stock H pipe back on soon (plus smog is due in august).

i still drive a basically stock GT with a body kit.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Shoddy bodyshop work isn't Ford's fault

It's the body shop haha..

But yeah... hope you get the issues worked out
Old 05-30-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

body shop issues can be horrible to work through... thats why you pay more for a better job up front or more for a crappy job later down the road lol...

unless you are in an area where you have no idea who is good or there are only a couple choices
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

buy a chevy imo
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post

unless you are in an area where you have no idea who is good or there are only a couple choices
basically. or you go to the place where everyone you talk to says theyre the best and they end up sucking royally.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Well this is supposedly one of the best body shops..... apparently they hired 2 new guys one thats a crack head and a kid that doesnt know how to put a car back together. They both need to be fired. I personally know the guy that owns it. He's a nice guy so im not going to talk bad about him... its not his fault just his lazy *** workers.

As far as me getting my cobra side skirts on I cant wait.... yay! I think it will pull the look together Im trying to go for.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

I will have to say painting bumpers isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to do with mixing the harderner. Too much and it crack and/or chips off (your case) or too little and it just peels off. Granted they should already have an experienced painter than knows how to do this, especially working on someone who personally knows the owner.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
I will have to say painting bumpers isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to do with mixing the harderner. Too much and it crack and/or chips off (your case) or too little and it just peels off. Granted they should already have an experienced painter than knows how to do this, especially working on someone who personally knows the owner.
I have to disagree bumpers and side skirts are the EASIEST to paint out of a whole car. No matter what overlapping you do you'll never create tiger stripping. I dunno what you mean by mixing the hardner? (it isnt bondo you know )

Well I can offer my painting surfaces if you wanna send that bumper up here ill get it done right the first time thats for ****ing sure. I never get why bodyshops dont add the flex additive it takes 30 seconds to spray on and 10 seconds to dry
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar