So who here has Cingular and what phone do you have/want? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
So who here has Cingular and what phone do you have/want?

It's time. I need a new phone.

I want at a minimum the following:

1). MP3 storage capability with Bluetooth headset capability. Doesn't have to have a huge amount of storage. I would be happy with no more than 50 songs at a time.

2). Decent durability. I am kinda hard on my phones, but if I had a nicer one, I would probably be more careful with it.

3). IF it has a camera phone (camera phones became less cool about 2 years ago), it has to have a covered lens. I get tired of always wanting to take a pic, but it turns out like crap because some retarded engineer decided it would be cool to keep the lens recessed. So, it becomes nothing more than a pocket lint trap and pics come out blurry and dark as a result. "Oh snap I forgot my Q-tip so I can clean off the lens".

4). Doesn't have to have a lot of bells and whistles, I wont use most of them, I intend to use it as a phone, not a PDA.

5). I would rather it not be Samsung because I have bad experience with them, but pretty much any other brand is fine. Especially Motorola.

Something I've kinda been looking at is the new Rizr for example.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: So who here has Cingular and what phone do you have/want?

I have had cingular for about 5 years now. No issues whatsoever.

I have a SLVR. i use it mainly to take things home from work (i use a 512mb sd memory stick in its memory slot) if need be. it has mp3 capability and i have around 10 songs on it, but that rarely gets used. it also has bluetooth capability but i dont have a headset, as nobody calls me enough to warrant one, and i have enough self confidence to not need one to feel cool/wanted.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

I just want a head set for listening to music. I dont want to have to plug up earphones.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:58 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

does a normal bluetooth earbud able to play music? i hear they cant but thats from my cousin that works at TMobile and they suck ballsacks, i dont see why a bluetooth earbud cant play audio :dunno: maybe all those people i think just wear the earbud to look cool are really just listening to mp3's?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:48 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

I didn't hear anything about music being able to be played through blue tooth before.

The phone I have is a Moto E815 and all I can say is, my upgrade time is coming up and I see no need to upgrade. I love this phone to death. This was the first phone I ever got to pick out for myself, and I'm so damn glad I got this phone.

I love it for these reasons

How To on how to send yourself MP3 Ringers to yourself

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - How To... Getting MP3 ringers to the phone via email...

How To on how to convert regular vids to .3gp

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official Video Conversion Thread

How To on making ringtones

Tutorial: making mp3 ringtones

I got a bunch of these things, so I can make my own ring tones. I had ring tones MONTHS ahead of Verizon's own store.

And of course with the size of your transflash memory card, you could put entire movies on your phone. I just put on an entire season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Love this ****ing phone.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:06 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i have the LG cu500

its sweet. it rivals the razor. i would check it out... the only problems i have with it are it kinda forces u to buy upgrades if you want to use it as an mp3 player. it has amazing video and sound quality, but in order to put songs on it you have to buy the data cord and sandisk 1gb memory.

other than that... great phone. has a 1.3 megapixel camera too... options for streaming audio... music videos.. etc. never used any of that though haha.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:09 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I still don't understand this whole "swiss army knife" phone idea.

Does anyone really need a phone that plays music, takes pictures, records videos, and surfs the internet?

My phone does this crazy thing...you type in a number and press send and it amazingly calls people. What?!!!! Yupp, you read it right, my phone freakin calls people. O yeh, it also has this nifty alarm clock and calendar that I never use.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Does anyone really need a phone that plays music, takes pictures, records videos, and surfs the internet?

My phone does this crazy thing...you type in a number and press send and it amazingly calls people. What?!!!! Yupp, you read it right, my phone freakin calls people. O yeh, it also has this nifty alarm clock and calendar that I never use.
I hate all the BS that on the phone My current phone has the cool stuff that I never use Next phone will be just that a PHONE

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

I'd love to have a PDA/Phone combo. I used to carry a Dell Axim with me when I went to class. It was pretty big, though, and I couldn't stand having that, a cell phone, keys, and wallet in my pockets...so when I graduated and didn't have any pressing need for it, the PDA was retired. If I could have combined the phone and the PDA, even if it had been as big as the Axim, I could have totally handled it.

I currently rock a Razr. It's nice enough. I'm a Verizon user, though.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

No, normal Bluetooth headsets cannot play music, but they do make special earphones with Bluetooth tech that you can listen with wirelessly. The phone must be compatable with it though. Some pretty nice phones so far.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

This is the RIZR. The only problem I might run into is it doesn't look like Cingular actually offers it yet (not sure, going to talk to a dealer today). If not, I might have consider buying an unlocked and if I want to pay that much extra for it. I just really like this phone lol.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
This is the RIZR. The only problem I might run into is it doesn't look like Cingular actually offers it yet (not sure, going to talk to a dealer today). If not, I might have consider buying an unlocked and if I want to pay that much extra for it. I just really like this phone lol.

I just bought my wife that phone and she loves it im not really a big fan though

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

well the point of it is... do you carry an mp3 player? do you carry a phone? do you carry a camera? if yes (which most people do.. or at least at some points), then the swiss army knife idea is great. if not, then you get the cheaper phone with less functions. not everybody needs a car with a radio, air conditioner, cigarette lighter, navigation system, and temperature gauge... but that stuff is becoming the standard.. much like how multi functional phones are becoming now.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
well the point of it is... do you carry an mp3 player? do you carry a phone? do you carry a camera? if yes (which most people do.. or at least at some points), then the swiss army knife idea is great. if not, then you get the cheaper phone with less functions. not everybody needs a car with a radio, air conditioner, cigarette lighter, navigation system, and temperature gauge... but that stuff is becoming the standard.. much like how multi functional phones are becoming now.
I don't own an MP3 player and my camera in my car is plenty for what I need lol.

I know it's all up to what someone wants, I just don't want all that on a phone and it's damn near impossible to get a phone without all that anymore. My phone is still working (somehow) so I'm happy for now. I'll probably start looking around at other suppliers here soon since my carrier is about to stop carrying Nokia's. They invested all this money in CDMA and Nokia is not making anymore CDMA phones.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar