Crimes, accidents and other occurrences - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Crimes, accidents and other occurrences

They've got a Redstone base newspaper that they print every Wednesday. My favorite part is the Crimes, accidents and other occurrences section. Sometimes, it's ****ing priceless. I think I'm going to start sharing it with the board, at least when there's good stuff in there.

The Provost Marshal Office provided the following list of reported incidents:

June 7: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle with a suspended driver's license after stopping at Gate 10. He was issued a violation notice and released.

June 8: An individual stopped at Gate 10 and requested directions, at which time the guard smelled an alcoholic beverage. The subject submitted to the field sobriety test, failed and was arrested for driving under the influence. The passenger was checked out and three warrants for his arrest had been issued by Arab police department. He was arrested by Redstone police department and then later turned over to Arab police department. The DUI subject was issued three summons for court after several hours in the detention cell, then released.

June 9: An individual failed to stop at Gate 10, running through. The road spikes were deployed, deflating all four of the tires on the SUV. He finally stopped and was found to be operating his motor vehicle with a revoked driver's license. Further investigation revealed that he was driving under the influence of alcohol and was in possession of an open container. He was issued three violation notices and placed in the detention cell until his blood alcohol content reached an acceptable level.

Traffic accidents reported: one without injuries [the one I was in], none with injuries.

Violation notices issued: 21 speeding, 1 failure to obey traffic control device, 1 expired tag, 2 driving with a suspended driver's license, 1 driving under the influence, 1 inattentive driving [the bastard who ran into me], 5 move over law.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Re: Crimes, accidents and other occurrences

Haha, wow. Some people are just not bright at all! This is going to be fun.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
An individual failed to stop at Gate 10, running through. The road spikes were deployed, deflating all four of the tires on the SUV. He finally stopped and was found to be operating his motor vehicle with a revoked driver's license. Further investigation revealed that he was driving under the influence of alcohol and was in possession of an open container. He was issued three violation notices and placed in the detention cell until his blood alcohol content reached an acceptable level.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to at7311

thats pretty cool. Keep'em comming.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

nice cant wait to see some others
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

lol, nobody realizes that a military/government instalation is not really the best place to be driving through with ANY sort of violation?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
Regular

Especially when you drive through a check point. He is lucky all he got was 4 flat tires. I'd shot him

Reddit
Old 06-20-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Especially when you drive through a check point. He is lucky all he got was 4 flat tires. I'd shot him
I was thinking the same thing
Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
June 9: An individual failed to stop at Gate 10, running through. The road spikes were deployed, deflating all four of the tires on the SUV. He finally stopped and was found to be operating his motor vehicle with a revoked driver's license. Further investigation revealed that he was driving under the influence of alcohol and was in possession of an open container. He was issued three violation notices and placed in the detention cell until his blood alcohol content reached an acceptable level.
Mark was that you

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:56 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I realize the TA looks a bit high up off the ground since it hasn't been lowered...but it's not quite an SUV.

I like turtles.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
****, you don't get flats on our base, you get a ****ed up car. If, and I mean IF, you make it through the gate, about 100 feet past it there is a raised area in the road that is a "speed bump." But if you one of the idiot that decided to fly on base through the gate, the people at the guard shack can press a button that triggers air valves and pushes up a raised section of solid steel several inches thick. If you going fast enough, it would launch the car up, if you aren't, your car is fubared.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
****, you don't get flats on our base, you get a ****ed up car. If, and I mean IF, you make it through the gate, about 100 feet past it there is a raised area in the road that is a "speed bump." But if you one of the idiot that decided to fly on base through the gate, the people at the guard shack can press a button that triggers air valves and pushes up a raised section of solid steel several inches thick. If you going fast enough, it would launch the car up, if you aren't, your car is fubared.
We've got those on some of the gates on Redstone. It's a mixture of those, the spikes, and concrete chicanes, depending on what gate you roll up to.

I like turtles.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

I just got the paper and, unfortunately, there were no crimes this week. Not a single one. I think that's the first time it's ever happened. :dunno:

I like turtles.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
I just got the paper and, unfortunately, there were no crimes this week. Not a single one. I think that's the first time it's ever happened. :dunno:
Why do you gotta break my heart ?? I was waiting all week for the new crimes

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

damnit
Old 06-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

boooo crime free news hooray beer
Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

June 22: An individual stopped at Gate 9 and had two different identifications. Further investigation revealed that she had committed forgery and identity theft. She was arrested and processed for appearance into the Federal Magistrate Court. Investigation continues by the Redstone CID office and the local FBI office.

June 25: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle with a suspended driver's license at Gate 8, while attempting to enter the Arsenal. He was issued a violation notice and released.

June 26: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle with a suspended driver's license during an insepction at Gate 10. He was issued a violation notice and released.

June 26: An individual was observed in the Post Exchange selecting several items, concealing them and then leaving without rendering the proper payment. The individual was arrested by the Redstone Police, processed and later found to be in wrongful possession of an ID card. The ID card was confiscated; and the subject was issued two court summons and released. Investigation continues by the Redstone Investigations Section.

Traffic accidents reported: two without injuries, none with injuries.

Violation notices issued: 20 speeding, 1 failure to obey traffic control device, 2 driving with a suspended driver's license, 1 unsafe driving, 2 improper backing, 1 parked in a no parking zone, 1 parked in a handicapped space, 1 failure to use seatbelt, 2 cell phone violation.

I like turtles.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Much Better Week !!! Glad to see they got the cell phone violation listed

Quote:
Old 07-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #19
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

I just don't understand people...
Old 07-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

sneakie bastard huh trying to get some goodies in the mail
Old 07-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
sneakie bastard huh trying to get some goodies in the mail
Post Exchange != Post Office

I like turtles.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:41 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Much Better Week !!! Glad to see they got the cell phone violation listed
Talking while you drive on post is a big no-no. Somebody on a cell phone ran the three-star off the road a couple of weeks ago, so they're really cracking down on it.

I like turtles.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:57 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Talking while you drive on post is a big no-no. Somebody on a cell phone ran the three-star off the road a couple of weeks ago, so they're really cracking down on it.
Probably temporarily interrupted the girl who was giving him head to make it even worse.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

June 28: Two individuals were observed in the Post Exchange selecting various items and exiting without rendering proper payment. The individuals had entered the post with identification they were no longer authorized to possess. They were issued violation notices for shoplifting, unlawful possession of military ID and criminal trespass and released. Investigation continues by the Provost Marshal Office.

July 2: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle with a suspended driver's license during an inspection at Gate 9. He was issued a violation notice and released.

July 2: An individual entered a barracks room, which was not his own, and removed other's property. Investigation continues by the Provost Marshal Office.

July 3: An individual had a disagreement with staff concerning his lodging bill. He then began screaming obscenities and being disorderly. He was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and returned to his unit.

Traffic accidents reported: four without injuries, none with injuries.

Violation notices issued: 24 speeding, 1 no driver's license in possession, 2 criminal trespassing, 1 unlawful use of government ID, 2 larceny, 2 inattentive driving, 4 failure to obey a traffic control device, 1 possession of a controlled substance, 1 no proof of insurance, 1 expired driver's license.

I like turtles.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

They had 'em a busy week...

July 5: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle with a suspended driver's license at Gate 9. He was issued a violation notice and released. The vehicle was released to a licensed driver.

July 5: An enlisted military member presented himself at the visitors' center dressed as an officer. He then presented his military identification card and was apprehended for impersonating an officer, and unauthorized wearing of military insignia. The members of the gaining command were notified. Investigation continues by Police Investigations and the gaining command.

July 6: Officers responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in the housing area. Upon arrival it was determined that the dispute was an ongoing verbal dispute that is being dealt with by the Alabama Department of Human Resources and Army Community Service. The situation was turned over to DHR and ACS for additional care and treatment.

July 6: An individual drove up to Gate 10 and could not produce a driver's license. Further investigation revealed that he and his passenger were undocumented aliens, who had previously been arrested in the United States and had felony convictions. The driver was cited for driving without first obtaining a license. The individuals were then released to a special agent of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office of the Department of Homeland Security for further processing.

July 9: A Soldier was arrested by the Madison Police Department for burglary and criminal mischief. The subject was processed by Madison Police Department and then incarcerated in the Huntsville Metro Jail. The subject's unit was notified. Investigation continues by the Madison Police Department.

July 10: An individual's Apple iPod was removed from his vehicle, which was parked and unsecured in post housing. Investigation continues by Police Investigations.

July 11: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol after driving to Gate 9 looking for Nashville. He also had an open container in the vehicle. He was transported to the Provost Marshal Office where he was issued two violation notices and then detained until his blood alcohol level reached an acceptable level.

Traffic accidents reported: two without injuries, none with injuries.

Violation notices issued: 33 speeding, 3 no driver's license in possession, 1 inattentive driving, 6 failure to obey a traffic control device, 1 driving with an open container of alcohol, 1 driving under the influence, 1 driving with license suspended or revoked, 1 no proof of insurance, 1 expired vehicle registration license.

I like turtles.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #26
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Get them aliens!!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to likwuddeath06

these are hillarious, keep'em coming
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
HAMBURGERS!!!!....The Cornerstone of any Nutritional Breakfast!
likwuddeath06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #28
Regular

Quote:
July 11: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol after driving to Gate 9 looking for Nashville. He also had an open container in the vehicle. He was transported to the Provost Marshal Office where he was issued two violation notices and then detained until his blood alcohol level reached an acceptable level.

Reddit
Old 07-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

July 13: An individual stopped at Gate 9 and was found to be operating their vehicle with a suspended license. The subject was issued a violation notice and released.

Traffic accidents reported: five without injuries, none with injuries.

Violation notices issued: 15 speeding, 4 failure to obey traffic control device, 1 driving with a suspended driver's license, 1 expired tags, 1 failure to yield.

I like turtles.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:23 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

there are a lot of classic ones from college.

i'll try to find it... but the funniest was this one chick who was so drunk she broke INTO the police station, **** on the floor, passed out, and rolled in it. the next morning they found her with her pants around her ankles, covered in poo, still drunk, and claiming that she lives there.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I'm surprised that there isn't any sound violations in those reports. My cop buddy gets those all the damn time. $300 a pop.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

July 22: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol at Gate 1. After he failed the field sobriety test, he was arrested and his vehicle was impounded. He was then transported to the police station, where he refused the breath test. He was placed into the detention cell until his blood alcohol level reached an acceptable level. Prior to being released he was issued five citations or summons -- for DUI, open container, providing false information to a police officer, no driver's license and no insurance.

July 24: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle with a suspended license at Gate 9. He was issued a violation notice and released.

Traffic accidents reported: one without injuries, three with injuries.

Violation notices issued: 12 speeding, 1 failure to obey traffic control device, 1 driving under the influence of alcohol, 1 no proof of insurance, 4 parking in violation of ordinance, 1 following too close, 1 no driver's license, 1 expired registration and 1 suspended driver's license.

I like turtles.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

July 22: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol at Gate 1. After he failed the field sobriety test, he was arrested and his vehicle was impounded. He was then transported to the police station, where he refused the breath test. He was placed into the detention cell until his blood alcohol level reached an acceptable level. Prior to being released he was issued five citations or summons -- for DUI, open container, providing false information to a police officer, no driver's license and no insurance.
Now that is truly amazing. Like I said earlier in this thread, how do these people think they can get away with cruising around a military base drunk or without any of the things this guy was without. And the funny thing I find about getting pulled over for intoxication is that NO ONE is EVER pulled over being .81 because those aren't the ones who are weaving around. It's the ones that are WAY over the limit weaving around and getting pulled over for suspicion. "Hey, I'm slap *** drunk, time to go crusing around a military arsenal in nothing but my boxers".
Old 08-02-2007, 11:48 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Almost all these people that get arrested for DUI get arrested as they approach a gate. I think they just roll up on the gate, not really realizing what's going on, and then there's a guard with a gun up in there face. What are you going to do at that point?

Most of the time, the DUI arrests are at Gate 10. That one's just in the middle of the road. As you roll south down Patton Dr., it's just right there. Some of them require a bit more work to get to, but I think they've all had at least one published DUI.

I like turtles.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

July 28: An individual was found to be operating his vehicle under the influence of alcohol after stopping at Gate 1. He was transported to the police station and processed. During the process it was determined that he was an illegal alien. After spending 12 hours in the detention cell, he was released to an immigration custom officer for deportation.

July 31: An individual was found to be operating his motor vehicle with a suspended driver's license after being stopped for speeding. He was issued two violation notices and released.

Traffic accidents reported: four without injuries, none with injuries.

Violation notices issued: 9 speeding, 1 failure to obey traffic control device, 1 driving under the influence of alcohol, 1 driving with a suspended driver's license, 1 failure to yield.

I like turtles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar