So How Much Tax Payer Money Was Wasted? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
So How Much Tax Payer Money Was Wasted?

Investigating, trying and convicting Libby only to have Bush commute his sentence and will no doubt fully pardon him when it comes time to leave office?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: So How Much Tax Payer Money Was Wasted?

Who are you blaming here, Brent? The investigators or the pardoner?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Investigating, trying and convicting Libby only to have Bush commute his sentence and will no doubt fully pardon him when it comes time to leave office?
Who needs the pardon...his sentence was already commuted today...but am sure the pardon will come next...
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Who are you blaming here, Brent? The investigators or the pardoner?
The pardoner. I'm about sick of these high ranking politicians and celebrities getting a free pass on ****. Especially when it comes to Perjury and Obstruction of Justice which he clearly was guilty of.

Libby obstructed justice because he knew he would get a full pardon in the end. It's common sense.

It's just like Republicans going after Clinton and in the end he ended up being acquitted.

*Sigh*

Reddit
Old 07-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The pardoner. I'm about sick of these high ranking politicians and celebrities getting a free pass on ****. Especially when it comes to Perjury and Obstruction of Justice which he clearly was guilty of.

Libby obstructed justice because he knew he would get a full pardon in the end. It's common sense.

It's just like Republicans going after Clinton and in the end he ended up being acquitted.

*Sigh*
AGREED. if anyone should be pardoned its the border patrol cops spending time in cells because they THOUGHT they were doing their job. (one of them shot at a vehicle that fled the scene and there was an illegal immigrant in back of the van hiding and the bullet graced her face....hes now serving time because they were smuggling people into this country. w...t....f)

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

The government is so ****ed up
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to at7311

+1
Old 07-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
AGREED. if anyone should be pardoned its the border patrol cops spending time in cells because they THOUGHT they were doing their job. (one of them shot at a vehicle that fled the scene and there was an illegal immigrant in back of the van hiding and the bullet graced her face....hes now serving time because they were smuggling people into this country. w...t....f)
So, there are more INS folks in jail for shooting illegals. nice. Like the two that are in jail for shooting the drug smuggler in the ***....10 and 11 years they were sentenced. Drug smuggler was given immunity, permanent "get in the country for free" card...

Ah...the joys of our justice system....and the spineless ways of our gov't. I am so glad that this wasn't the gov't in place back in 1776....we would still be a bunch of colonies for fear of hurting the brit's feelings.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Ah...the joys of our justice system....and the spineless ways of our gov't. I am so glad that this wasn't the gov't in place back in 1776....we would still be a bunch of colonies for fear of hurting the brit's feelings.
no but i would gladly have the goverment that was in place in the early 1940's that didnt take **** from nobody

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #10

Region: Texas

Just like the Nifong fiasco, an overzelous prosecutor blows your tax dollar.

I'm glad his sentence is commuted. It will give the next moron prosecutor time to pause before he gets so desperate that he has to dredge the bottom to come up with a charge because he couldnt charge him with what he was hoping for.

Yea, it is politics to commute his sentence. The power is given to a politician to commute and pardon so what do you expect. But it prosecutorial politics that lead to the charges to begin with so whats fair is fair.
ONEZ ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #11
Regular

^ So lying under oath is no longer a crime anymore. You have just set a very dangerous precedent for future people being questioned under oath.

Reddit
Old 07-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #12

Yea, its a crime. And he's still convicted of it. We just aint gonna have to pay to house his arse on top of the wasted tax payer dollars to convict him. Did Clinton go to jail for perjury or did they just disbar his arse.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #13
Regular

He was impeached only to have it over turned in the Senate. He then remained President of the United States after lying under oath. Which is ridiculous.

My whole complaint was that Bush will eventually fully pardon him for his obstruction of justice and perjury. He knew he would be pardoned which is exactly why he obstructed justice. It is not the prosecutors fault. It is Libby's fault. To let him go free is a failure of our justice system.

Reddit
Old 07-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #14

Commute . . . pardon . . . it isnt worthy of consuming my time worrying about it. Its politics and I dont lose sleep over it.

I dont know why you think letting him go free is a failure of our justice system. The justice system didnt commute his sentence.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I like how the libs are all pissed off over this...when it is just return fair from wonder willie not going to jail for lying.

I'm with Onez on this one...I don't think he should have been tried in the first place...and that it was just a witch hunt to start with....

As far as the pardon, you know that is coming...prolly in the first of the year pardons...or at thelatest on his way out.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I like how the libs are all pissed off over this...when it is just return fair from wonder willie not going to jail for lying.

I'm with Onez on this one...I don't think he should have been tried in the first place...and that it was just a witch hunt to start with....

As far as the pardon, you know that is coming...prolly in the first of the year pardons...or at thelatest on his way out.
Agreed !!! Why waste time and money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of reminds me of a old line I heard someone say " We may not like the ****in system .But the system sure likes ****in us "

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar