*DUW* Ditched the busa, wanted somethin fast with 4 wheels. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 03redfire cobra
Re: *DUW* Ditched the busa, wanted somethin fast with 4 wheels.

i just got a quick chuckle about the small penis size venom commented about with guys with corvettes, and made me remember this shirt my girl was wearing when i took a pic in front of her in from of my mercedes....

Shirt says "WE LIED... size does matter"

disclaimer: not insinuating anything about (my)size, just posting the pic because the "small penis" joke made me remember I had that pic. :duckhunt:

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8
03redfire cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 AM   #37
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03redfire cobra View Post
I am 29, nowhere near the midlife crisis stage or age. I can just afford one now in my life so i took advantage of it. I used to make fun of vette drivers when i drove my 03redfire cobra too. I just grew up, you will understand that too one day. I realized how immature it was, because one day some young stupid mustang owner made the "small penis" joke and all the others followed like lemmings.

I still love mustangs, one day i will be in another on. But I wanted to just cruise around for a bit.
I'm not ragging you about getting the vette...because if you like vettes, then get one. I am just informing Thomas on the reasons why I would not get one if I had the 70k available to me.

Vettes are fine for those that like them...I'm just not one of those that like them.

As far as the "one day I will grow up and understand too"...I can't see myself changing my thoughts about the vette until I start seeing more people under the age of 50 driving them...as well as less of the "I am better than you because I have a vette" read: "I have a small penis so I need this car" type. Not saying you are in either category...it is just that there are so many that make the stereotype true...kind of like craparos and mullets...
Old 07-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

ture about the camaro rip too. Also true about that most vette owners are over 50 also. :thumbsdow I havent seen to many owners my age with one..

On a side note, i got a question..... If you were going to spend 70K... What car will outperform a new Z06 (as they cost about 70K brand new)? There is nothing that can touch a z06 unless its about 20-30K more. And lets not forget the Z06 has a 100K warantee too.

2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #39
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
On a side note, i got a question..... If you were going to spend 70K... What car will outperform a new Z06 (as they cost about 70K brand new)? There is nothing that can touch a z06 unless its about 20-30K more. And lets not forget the Z06 has a 100K warantee too.
That is only true when you are talking stock to stock. For 70k...you could make just about anything faster and better handling than a vette.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
That is only true when you are talking stock to stock. For 70k...you could make just about anything faster and better handling than a vette.
dunno bout that for under 70K(maybe a lotus but they dont have the same power). the vette feels like it is on rails. My cobra could not hold anything close to handling on a vette, let alone a Z51 suspension or z06 suspension. My Cobra was hella sick fast, but the vette does the corners

2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8
Old 07-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Yes but then a Porshe or a Ferrari is a better handling car than a Vette.

I need to get my Coilovers on and other suspension mod put on and then maybe I can run with a Vette.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:

not at all, fully loaded, Z51, Navi, 6MN.

Didn't know that "fully loaded, z51, navi, and 6mn" made it faster than a base model vette?
Old 07-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Didn't know that "fully loaded, z51, navi, and 6mn" made it faster than a base model vette?
I am not a corvette expert but i believe that the z51 package gives it some basic performance mods, like maybe an intake and gears? i am not 100% sure what all it includes, but it also makes for big brakes and a stiffer suspension too...which would imply that it is at least somewhat faster than a "base model"...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Shorter ratio gears, oil cooler, better suspension, better tires, and larger breaks...... No hp gains.... But I'll assume the gear ratios help a bit.
I should have said, "Made it faster than the base enough to matter."
Old 07-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Well, the base C6s aren't anything to sneeze at. Pretty light with 400 horse LS2s. Performance similiar to a C5 Z06.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Yes but then a Porshe or a Ferrari is a better handling car than a Vette.
for under 70K brand new? :happy1:

edit: z51 = the gearing is a bit diffrent and better suspension basially and the other stuff mentioned in a above post. faster, but not by much at all as it is all in the gearing.

2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8
Old 07-05-2007, 04:21 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

As much as I hate the 50+ year old small penis insecure Vette drivers, if I had 70G's to drop at that age a Vette would not be far down on the list. It would most likely be in the top 2. I dislike Vettes for two reasons: 1) The association they get with their drivers as stated earlier and because every time some old guy gets the chance to drop that kinda money and he's a "car fan" he buys a Corvette. Around here every guy that drives a Vette is the classic person that should be driving it. Most of these guys can't drive, they fell as though as they are too good for everyone else since they have a Vette. As if they own the road. I've seen one young driver in a Corvette, I'm surprised he hasn't wrecked it yet. 2) Going back to the car fan comment too, you can't do much, if anything, to Corvettes. Personally I don't like that. I like knowing I can do a lot of work on my Mustang. Whether it's adding a mod or changing the oil. I don't know how the oil is done on a Vette since I've never done it, but I could imagine it's a lot less fun than most other Muscle Cars. I feel that a Vette got this reputation as an amazing car (and by far it is) so that's on all these guys list, but how many of them change their own oil? Or take the time to wash their car? What I'm saying is I feel the persons that actually drive the cars think they themselves are too good for the Vette. They're not real "car fans", they're arrogant small penis-ed (that's a word right?) dick holes. I feel most car enthusiasts would buy a decent car and work on it to create their own unique set of wheels to drive. How many variations of a Vette have you seen? Is their a Saleen? A Roush? A Foose? A Shelby? I'm sure these guys can put their twist on it, but how much can they change? [/Sorry for that rant]

However I think we are comparing Apples and Oranges. A Corvette is a Supercar. All the fine tuning is done for you, straight down to it's aerodynamics. You may be able to take a Mustang, a muscle car, and make it faster and better than a Corvette, but all that work to beat a stock Corvette? Besides you can make a Honda, an economy car, and make it faster than a Mustang. If you want a comparison you have to compare, from the Big Three, Corvette - GT/GT40 - Viper. If you wanna expand go with a Mercedes SL-classed car where you drop half a mill for their top of the line. Then there is Porsche and if you want to consider maybe the M5 to throw in BMW.

And 03redcobra fire - don't listen to any of us. We are ALL jealous, I know I am To be able to have enough to buy a stock car as powerful as that is something to be proud of. I'm still gonna' make fun of you saying you're going through a mid life crisis and compare you as all the other suck as drivers taht drive 'em .

As for Porsche, I wouldn't turn one down, but I wouldn't voluntarily buy one I think they are overrated. Apparently also made like crap. If you can get a Ferrari car for 70 then you can go with that, but try taking a guess at how much it is to maintain one of those? Every part is gonna' be worth twice as much since it's a big brand and shipped from over seas. Have to take it to a special dealer for any problems... Nice car, but HUGE investment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
Going back to the car fan comment too, you can't do much, if anything, to Corvettes. Personally I don't like that. I like knowing I can do a lot of work on my Mustang. Whether it's adding a mod or changing the oil.
What kind of crazy dream world do you live in?

I like turtles.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
What kind of crazy dream world do you live in?
yeah lol i was gonna say the same thing.

just because nobody you know mods them, does not mean there is no aftermarket, its quite the opposite, the vette aftermarket is probably just as good as the terminators. though because the car costs more initially, and less people mod them (meaning like the termie its a niche but strong market), mods will be of higher quality and generally more expensive than other car makes/models.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

4 wheels are ovverrated pshhhhhh

that z06 is sex though nice to see you back evan

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Quote:

edit: z51 = the gearing is a bit diffrent and better suspension basially and the other stuff mentioned in a above post. faster, but not by much at all as it is all in the gearing.
Yeah but then you have to add the pices of a Vette to a Cobra, so it should be a better handling car.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
yeah lol i was gonna say the same thing.

just because nobody you know mods them, does not mean there is no aftermarket, its quite the opposite, the vette aftermarket is probably just as good as the terminators. though because the car costs more initially, and less people mod them (meaning like the termie its a niche but strong market), mods will be of higher quality and generally more expensive than other car makes/models.
Sure you can mod a Vette. I've seen aftermarket parts for cars that shouldn't have an aftermarket, or any market at all. Most people buy Vettes though because all the mods are done for them. Not many people want to buy a 70 grand car and spend another couple grand (at least) on mods since the car is already stock to out perform every other car out there.

Eh, maybe you're right. I may just have little expectation since most Vette drivers I see drive stock. I just hope you do not think I'm talking down on the Corvette. It is a beautiful car and I have total respect for it and its reputation. Hell the curves on it are sexier than a lot of girls I've seen that's for sure. [SWING]
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 07-06-2007, 06:58 AM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

whoa...evan is back?

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #54
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
whoa...evan is back?
Nope, just wanted to brag, I am sure he is gone again.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

Vettes are cool, though many of the owners are pricks

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I can probably count on one hand the number of vettes I have seen that have even had just exhaust done to them. I dare say 95% of Corvettes I've seen are 100% stock, and I don't understand that because the 6.0 sounds "spiffy" with exhaust.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

There is a guy with a silver C5 running around Starkville, MS that is cammed and S/C-ed...it sounds sick...as it's approaching you, you can hear the whine of the blower....and as pulls away, you can hear the "lope" of the cam...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Umm... actually, that's exactly what I said in my post... but it included more than what you just said.

The only "gearing" differences is in the transmission, not rear end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Shorter ratio gears, oil cooler, better suspension, better tires, and larger breaks...... No hp gains.... But I'll assume the gear ratios help a bit.
I should have said, "Made it faster than the base enough to matter."
Old 07-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
There is a guy with a silver C5 running around Starkville, MS that is cammed and S/C-ed...it sounds sick...as it's approaching you, you can hear the whine of the blower....and as pulls away, you can hear the "lope" of the cam...
Yeah no ****. I'd love to see that car hook before 4th gear though Stock tires FTL.

It's not like he'd ever race anyways though. I've heard from SEVERAL people in starkville and on another forum that's based in Hattiesburg that he won't run it.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And 03redcobra fire - don't listen to any of us. We are ALL jealous, I know I am To be able to have enough to buy a stock car as powerful as that is something to be proud of. I'm still gonna' make fun of you saying you're going through a mid life crisis and compare you as all the other suck as drivers taht drive 'em .

Speak for yourself, if I had enough coin to spend 70 grand on a Z06, or hell even 45 grand for the baby Shelby GT(not 500), I sure as hell wouldn't be buying either. I'd be sporting a riduculously high hp foxbody, lightning, termy, a 67 fastback done up with a BBF and a turbo, a GNX properly, and other cars that actually shows that I'm a connesieur, not someone who writes people checks to make me a fast car(not saying that you are that person redfire by anymeans). Sure, I would have to pay some people to do some work, but dammit, I'd be there the whole time knowing what's being done and why.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:30 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Nope, just wanted to brag, I am sure he is gone again.
i think u are right :dunno:

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Bullit - That's what I'm saying. A lot of people who have the money to throw seem to do it for that reason. That was my whole "...i prefer to work on my own car and enjoy the fruits of labor..." rant I had, but I still wouldn't turn down a Corevette.
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 07-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bullit - That's what I'm saying. A lot of people who have the money to throw seem to do it for that reason. That was my whole "...i prefer to work on my own car and enjoy the fruits of labor..." rant I had, but I still wouldn't turn down a Corevette.
I wouldn't turn down free either. You can't beat free, unless it's free sex

If one was given to me, I'd probably sport it for a little while and sell it. I'm not too good for that
Old 07-09-2007, 05:35 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
I can probably count on one hand the number of vettes I have seen that have even had just exhaust done to them. I dare say 95% of Corvettes I've seen are 100% stock, and I don't understand that because the 6.0 sounds "spiffy" with exhaust.
and its friggin expensive to mod a vette. Thats why i am not gonna do to much to this car. When I get back into a mustang, then I will go mod crazy again.

2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8
Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 AM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy

Engine modifications for a 'vette aren't any more expensive than the ones for the F-Bodies, GTOs, SSRs, and every other LS powered GM vehicle. There's no reason to modify anything else on a 'vette, anyway.

I like turtles.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

i was comparing bang for the buck engine performance between my cobra and the vette, You can get more HP per dollar in mods on the cobra then a vette.

2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8
Old 07-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well, yeah. I guess when all you've got to do is swap pullies, it does make it a bit cheaper.

I like turtles.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

I would say a cam, some longtubes, throttle body, and vortech would do wonders, or maybe a weiand. Like Mark said, should be the same price for every other LS car out there, save for the exhaust. I know that **** is Herbstang HIGH.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar