Saw a c6 vette get owned today - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Saw a c6 vette get owned today

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
why can't y'all just drop it?
im bored at work and have nothing better to do than make him all riled up.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
then they are ****ing idiots. there is no increase in pressure in the intake tract nor at the cylinder due to the introduction of nitrous, therefore it is NOT forced induction.
No Thomas your an idiot. Believe me they have cars that in a drag race will slaughter my car your an car that you have ever own or probably ever will own. And yes they spray.

Quote:
it was a argument based on "stock for stock" a 2JZ versus a LS1 in terms of how much power each can handle STOCK FOR STOCK. this is the point you completely missed in that conversation.
You said that you do not respect LS motors because the are not built to take Boost, period thats what you said, go find the thread if you don't believe me. I have to go to work now.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I have to go to work now.
NOOOOOO, dont go, this was just getting good!!!! and I just refilled my popcorn too!!! :pop:
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
My commit wasn't stupid seeing as N2O is F/I. You will not build a N/A 302 Foxbody that will outrun a bolt on 03/04 Cobra and if you are able to it will not be very streetable, maybe a racecar will, but I really wasn't talking about some gutted, torn down car, but I'm sorry that I did not specify that. I'm not talking about being able to go to the track and run a faster 1/8 or 1/4. Sure you can give it a good suspension and some sticky tires, maybe a weight reduction and be able to run some fast times, but with both cars have the same traction the Cobra wins. I might say that you possibly could make a N/A 302 Fox beat a bolt on Terminator in acceleration if you can get the weight down, but you would be doing alot of work to the car.
I've got a N/A 302 that will outrun your Cobra. Well put-together H/C/I 302s run high 11s to low 12s all day long. That's definitely bolt-on Cobra range, depending on how far you wanna go with the term "bolt-on". If you consider a ported blower a "bolt-on", then no probably not.

And the great thing about a Fox is this: You don't have to gut it for it to weigh 3000 lbs. A gutted Fox would weight more like 2700-2800.

Like Thomas said, you would hope that a car that is at the most 10 years younger and uses forced induction would be a little bit quicker.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
STFU, my car with just a few boltons is faster than a base model vette or a Foxbody with a 302 without any F/I.
You know it's really funny you say that, because here I am, with a foxbody(didn't use nitrous, I have a check engine to research) who ran a modded 03 cobra with mods. It has, pulley, programmer, exhaust, and CAI. It's actually the UPR kit from years back that said 11.99's for 1199 bucks. We are even from a 40 roll, and I have him by almost two cars from a dig. :yup:

Your theory FTL :yup:
Old 07-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, N2O is force iduction. It is sprayed at a high psi into the motor, so me and all the other people I now that know anything about fast cars consider is to a form of F/I.

When did they start selling boost gauges for nitrous kits? Oh that's right they didn't. The reason nitrous is NOT counted as forced induction, is because manifold pressure never increases when you spray Which is exactly what Thomas has been saying to you.... Yes Thomas, I agree with you.

Ever seen the rules for a drag race? I'm guessing not because if Nitrous were counted as FI, the rules for some classes, for example all motor, would say not forced induction, instead of no power adder alowed. You really are trying to bite off more than you can chew in this argument.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:16 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

What if I wave my hand violently, like a wave, into the engine. Is that F/I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

No man, not until you flow test your hand, then cut and grind until you get proper flow.. Also you have to make sure the hand is properly matched to the motor

and THEN make sure you're getting enough gas to back up the extra power you wave in.. you might need some 60 lbers to handle the extra air that hand power will make.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:46 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Screw my 429 idea. Ima' buy me a midget, throw him in the engine bay and have him as like a compact supercharger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:00 AM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

feed him beans and you'll get free gas, to boot!
Old 07-07-2007, 01:41 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Well I looked it up and apparently ya'll are right, N2O is not considered a form of F/I even though it adds more oxygen per unit volume to the cylinders.

Forced induction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Forced induction can be used to increase the power of an engine or its efficiency, or both, without much extra weight. The ambient air that the engine is normally ingesting enters the compressor inlet of turbocharger or supercharger that is inline along the air intake tract. This effectively increases the pressure and density of the air, which allows for a much greater percentage of oxygen per volume of air intake to be added to the air/fuel mixture. The effects are an increase to the effective capacity of the engine without an increase in physical size. The forced induction approach has the advantage that the intake pressure may be regulated according to the engine speed, thus providing power from extra capacity at high speed, but without wasting fuel at lower speeds. A Nitrous Oxide system is not a form of forced induction. It's simply an oxidizer that is injected either directly (direct port) or by a single fogger...with fuel(wet nitrous system) or without fuel(dry nitrous system).

Two of the commonly used forced induction technologies are turbochargers and superchargers. They differ mainly in the power source for the compressor. Turbochargers are driven by the exhaust gases of the engine, whereas superchargers are driven by a geartrain or belt connected to the crankshaft of the engine.
Ok, I want ya'll to know that I like Foxbodies alot. 90% of the really fast track cars that I have know are Foxbodies with small block Ford motors in somekind of configuration or another. I work with a dude who is a Grand National fanatic and he likes to aggrovate me by telling me all about his racecars that he races on a dirt track. What he does is gets these perfectly good knotch chassis, rips the V-8's out if them if they have V-8's and put 2.3's in them and uses Mustangs because he dislikes them so much and he does care if he tears them up. He even has one of those Mercury Foxbodies that he uses as a racecar, and he gets them for practically nothing, he's even had them given to him. The other day he bought one for $400 and these are perfectly good chassis. Anyway what I want to say is that I'm rebuddling to ya'll for talking **** about the second best mass produced factory performance Mustang that Ford has every built, and their not far behind the first. Another thing is theres not a more refined Mustang that was built before the 05's than a 03/04 Cobra, it really is an amazing car. My car makes about 13 lbs of boost on a cool night and I would estimate somewhere around 420-440 WHP on a dynojet. People have asked me, "How does that thing treat you in the rain," and I tell them a lot better than my Roush did with those G-Force KD's. It's much smoother than a GT and I'm literally probably putting down twice as much HP than a stock one, but it does have a stiff clutch and knotcher shifting. I don't see why GT owners don't upgrade to the Cobra steering wheels because their much better than a GT's or a FR500's, I love the steering wheel in my Cobra. I know I'm ranting but the suspension on a Terminator is very stiff, but its not harsh at all, like I said its a pretty amazing car for a New Edge Mustang.

So since we're all Mustang enthuisist here lets stop bashing on each others cars about weight or whatever else because it annoys people.

Quote:
It has, pulley, programmer, exhaust, and CAI. It's actually the UPR kit from years back that said 11.99's for 1199 bucks. We are even from a 40 roll, and I have him by almost two cars from a dig.
Tell your friend that he needs a real tune then he will probably take you from a roll. BTW what did you run up too?
Old 07-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

420 rwhp + 3700 lbs + IRS = 12s

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

310 RWHP + 3100 lbs with driver + SRS on drag radials = 12.4@114
Old 07-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
420 rwhp + 3700 lbs + IRS = 12s
430 + 3650 lbs + DR + Good Driver = easy 11's.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Ibanezplayer272 Send a message via MSN to Ibanezplayer272

Quote:
No Thomas your an idiot. Believe me they have cars that in a drag race will slaughter my car your an car that you have ever own or probably ever will own.
:dunno: I don't understand what is trying to be said.

When I used to have my 1990 5.0, it was and LX and the top end was rebuilt with GT40 heads and ported intakes. 2900lbs, just with the intakes and heads, that thing flew. Of course it wasn't capable of hanging with a 03/04 Cobra. But I think with a $5,000 invesment into the motor and touches to the diff. and tranny. You could easily have a fox very capable of running 11's. And to add on to whats already been said, because I agree so much with it. It's unfair to compare stock vs stock 225 crank HP 5.0 in the 90's to a 3-4 year old motor with a stock blower. Alright off to work.

2007 Windveil Blue Mustang GT
Mods : Intake, Stubby antenna
Rolls are for fat chicks
Ibanezplayer272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:52 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tell your friend that he needs a real tune then he will probably take you from a roll. BTW what did you run up too?
About 110 or so. About what the trap speed would be in the 1/4.

And yes, I've told him SEVERAL times that the car needs to be tuned and tuned bad. He should be able to take me from a roll once he has the tune, but I'll still have him covered in the 1/4.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:13 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezplayer272 View Post
:dunno: I don't understand what is trying to be said.

When I used to have my 1990 5.0, it was and LX and the top end was rebuilt with GT40 heads and ported intakes. 2900lbs, just with the intakes and heads, that thing flew. Of course it wasn't capable of hanging with a 03/04 Cobra. But I think with a $5,000 invesment into the motor and touches to the diff. and tranny. You could easily have a fox very capable of running 11's. And to add on to whats already been said, because I agree so much with it. It's unfair to compare stock vs stock 225 crank HP 5.0 in the 90's to a 3-4 year old motor with a stock blower. Alright off to work.
The simpliest way I know how to explain what it is about is if you(not you in paticular, anyone) talk negitively about the kind of car I own then I will talk about what you own. Its a tit for tat thing.

A Fox guy talking about a 03/04 Cobra would be like me talking about a C6Z06, it just a higher end car than mine. So why do it, to get a responce maybe? Sure I could mod my car to be faster than a C6Z06, but mod for mod he would eat me up. And just like the Fox guys will say to the Terminator guys I could tell the Z06 guy that I could buy my car for cheaper and mod it to run such and such time for less money than he would spend, but were does it end, he still has a higher end car than me. And reducing weight on a 03/04 Cobra is pretty simple.(not cheap and maybe not easy, but the recipe is there)

Straight axle = -175 or so lbs.
Race Seats = -70 or so lbs
Built Aluminum block = -90 or so lbs

Then if you want to you can start stripping your interior, and Tiger-Racing makes Carbon Fiber body panals if you want to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
About 110 or so. About what the trap speed would be in the 1/4.

And yes, I've told him SEVERAL times that the car needs to be tuned and tuned bad. He should be able to take me from a roll once he has the tune, but I'll still have him covered in the 1/4.
True, I can see you being faster than him in the 1/4, but 110 is a slow trap for a Terminator, especially a modded one.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #53
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC
The simpliest way I know how to explain what it is about is if you(not you in paticular, anyone) talk negitively about the kind of car I own then I will talk about what you own. Its a tit for tat thing.
So... you fight disrespect with more disrespect? No offense but that seems pretty juvenile to me. Of course, you haven't always showed much maturity anyway, but who on here ever does...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
True, I can see you being faster than him in the 1/4, but 110 is a slow trap for a Terminator, especially a modded one.
First to the beams son, first to the beams......
Old 07-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Ibanezplayer272 Send a message via MSN to Ibanezplayer272

Dude, If you only knew the love I had for Terminators. As soon I saw a prototype for them, I was drooling. To this day if I had the chance to own any car that I would want, It would be a Terminator, nothing else. You don't have to blow up on me and explain something that I wasn't really aiming for. All I was aiming for, was for budget. Its all up to how much $$$ you have. Im not a fan of the whole "He still has the high end car. He still owns a C6 Z06". Because I think, even if your car is slow. People should still respect that you are willing to spend money on it because you want to make it into something you want to be seen in and something that isn't stock and is "different". To me it seems like you think foxes are stuck in the 80's and 90's and will never budge. There is just as much aftermarket things for those cars that there is for the Terminators. Sorry if I came off as trying to "disrespect you" or "talk down on your car" not what I tried to do at all.

2007 Windveil Blue Mustang GT
Mods : Intake, Stubby antenna
Rolls are for fat chicks
Ibanezplayer272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:38 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezplayer272 View Post
You don't have to blow up on me and explain something that I wasn't really aiming for.
I didn't.

Quote:
People should still respect that you are willing to spend money on it because you want to make it into something you want to be seen in and something that isn't stock and is "different".
"Respect" exactly that is the point. Its becoming the fad around here to dog on the Terminators for their weight or their IRS and stuff like that just to aggrovate the Terminator owners. As you can see when someone says anything negative about a Foxbody all the Foxbody owners want to get upset and argue about it so thats what I'm doing.

Quote:
To me it seems like you think foxes are stuck in the 80's and 90's and will never budge.
You should read the whole thread and you would see that I don't think that. I have and still do know people with some very fast Foxbodies. Most people I know with them now only have them as racecars though.

I think Foxbodies are Pimp. Vanilla Ice use to like them and he was the migidy, migidy, migidy Mac... Or was that Kriss Kross. Kane drove one in "Menace II Society" and that ***** was nice. I'm telling you, you throw some gold bullitheads and some white wall on a Fox and it looks hot.

Quote:
There is just as much aftermarket things for those cars that there is for the Terminators.
Foxbodies have a bigger aftermarket.

Quote:
Sorry if I came off as trying to "disrespect you" or "talk down on your car" not what I tried to do at all.
Its cool, I wasn't trying to come across as being mad at you, I just keep getting asked why I'm talking down on a Foxbody and I keep having to explain myself. I wasn't mad when I was responding to you.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:50 AM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Yes, N2O is force iduction. It is sprayed at a high psi into the motor, so me and all the other people I now that know anything about fast cars consider is to a form of F/I.
Quote:
then they are ****ing idiots. there is no increase in pressure in the intake tract nor at the cylinder due to the introduction of nitrous, therefore it is NOT forced induction.
Quote:
No Thomas your an idiot. Believe me they have cars that in a drag race will slaughter my car your an car that you have ever own or probably ever will own. And yes they spray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
When did they start selling boost gauges for nitrous kits? Oh that's right they didn't. The reason nitrous is NOT counted as forced induction, is because manifold pressure never increases when you spray Which is exactly what Thomas has been saying to you.... Yes Thomas, I agree with you.
its a sad day in hell when this happens.

Quote:
Well I looked it up and apparently ya'll are right, N2O is not considered a form of F/I even though it adds more oxygen per unit volume to the cylinders.
cliffquotes for those catching up with us......

J make sure you send that link to all your buddies that will "slaughter" my two bone-stock vehicles. tell them i say hi and send my condolences for their lack of physics and knowledge, and applaud them for having faster cars than mine, sure doesnt take much nowadays to take a stock 260hp GT and a stock 195hp GSX. :thumbs2:

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:54 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
cliffquotes for those catching up with us......

J make sure you send that link to all your buddies that will "slaughter" my two bone-stock vehicles. tell them i say hi and send my condolences for their lack of physics and knowledge, and applaud them for having faster cars than mine, sure doesnt take much nowadays to take a stock 260hp GT and a stock 195hp GSX. :thumbs2:
Oh Thomas don't rub it in too hard as I know a few uneducated car thinks that you have said. Atleast I fessed up to being wrong.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
its a sad day in hell when this happens.
I was counting down the seconds/minutes when this would be said

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar