Your favorite president? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Your favorite president?

Do you have a favorite president? Who is it?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2007, 06:23 PM   #2

Region: Texas
Re: You're favorite president?

JFK and RR in that order
ONEZ ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Ronald Reagan

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

FDR....and hopefully Rudy G. if he should become our next president...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

IDK maybe Reagan. :dunno:
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

I'm voting for Rudy

Is the vote for presidents we've lived through, or since 1789 with Washington being sworn in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:39 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

All of them. From Washington to W.

And will some moderator fix my thread title. There's nothing I hate more than the "your -> you're" ****up (or vice versa).

I like turtles.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Your favorite president?

FDR and Truman. Maybe Reagan as well, followed by GW. None of these ***** presidents who only do what the polls and comittees tell them to to get votes. I want leaders who lead because they want to, not because its just a better retirement plan.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I like a lot of our founding fathers. They were able to keep a new and unorganized nation alive. Lincoln because he wanted to send blacks back to Africa (No I didn't go there). Both TR and FDR. Truman for having the balls to drop the A-Bomb. Nixon was a bad man but an awesome politician. I didn't mind Dubbha too much, I think he was a decent president, definitely not the best, but he set his mind to something and did it. He was never unsure about a decision he made and that's what a country needs. I'm also happier he was in office during this time, who knows how I'd be spending this fourth.

I guess all in all I've found strengths and weaknesses in all presidents and I could choose perhaps at least a handful for it. Sorry it wasn't more decisive.

[I HATE MICHAEL MOORE]
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 07-04-2007, 10:15 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Ok, I am going to hop on a soap box for a bit:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people always vote for FDR for best president...why? Sure he was good at communicating and was really the first president to communicate openly with the people who elected him, but he was far from one of the best presidents. He was blessed with "leading" a generation "The Greatest Generation" or more like just being the man in charge while some of the best men and women to have been born in this country did their thing during WWII. Also, so many people think FDR is the reason that we pulled out of the Great Depression. Wrong. It was plain and simple, war. War is the best economical boost for any country and WWII is what pulled us out, not FDR. If anything his programs such as paying one person to dig holes and another to come in behind to fill them up kept us in longer and we are still paying for some of his programs such as MOTHER HUMPING GODDANGED SOCIAL SECURITY!!!! Plus he could never figure out when to get out of office but that is another story. /rant

Now for my favorite President:

It would be infinately easy for me to say Ronald Reagan, also known as Ronaldus Magnus, but....

The very first President, George Washington is often overlooked just because he was the first. Think about it. No one else had EVER done what he was doing. He commanded our "country" made up of pitch fork throwing farmers and cobblers against an empire that ruled the world. Then he led a country the likes of which had never existed before in it's infancy. To the early Americans, Washington might as well have been God. If he had decided he wanted to become Emporer Washington, he could have. But instead, he graciously stepped down and led the way, through his example, for others to come after him. While Reagan might be the best president in modern times, I think best ever should go to Washington for being original.:patriot:
Old 07-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Actually just caught the end of a documentary on the Revolution. The amazing thing about Washington is that he held a position that never existed before. He had to invent it as he went along! And the little touches he threw in which he did cause that was just him made him even more of a leader. It was brilliant! For him to lead the greatest experiment that is our nation is a feat no one can compare.

To reply the that FDR rant, he may have not been the BEST president and he did have a lot of his own faults but at the same time he did the best he could in office. Digging and filling holes doesn't keep people in the Depression, instead it gives them jobs which people in that era needed. Not to mention that there were many roads built to nowhere or would later become America's Highways (and organized under the Eisenhower Administration) which led to jobs. The great depression was caused because there was no trickle effect in the economy. The Rich became richer and the poor became poorer causing the stock market to crash. With the financial and economic basically destroyed FDR had to do something so people weren't waiting in soup lines. FDR was also very well learned and took from his parents that it was HIS DUTY that since he was blessed with such a good life he should do his best to help others. Of course war got us out. Europe and Germany where buying all the services and products they could from us, then when we entered we need it just as much so demand went even higher. If you remember though, Americans were asked to ration items for the troops, so you can understand that American products were still not bountiful.

Social Security is still around because our system is a mess and liberals cry foul at everything. That is still a work in progress. He couldn't get out of office since he was voted in office three times. Democracy remember? However the public has a tendency to do this at war times. Happened with Dubbha (I still don't get why people complain when he was clearly voted back in) and NYC wanted Congress to allow Gulliani another term because of what was happening.

What he did do wrong: Underestimate Truman and left him out of what was going on.
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 07-05-2007, 01:38 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Lincoln

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #13
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Lincoln
I would have to say the same, as well as Washington.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

George W. Bush, the greatest man to ever live.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:50 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Bill Clinton
The biggest POS to ever grace the whitehouse...
Old 07-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

I actually like William Jefferson. What all did he do wrong, besides that ***** in the oval office?

I like turtles.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
I actually like William Jefferson. What all did he do wrong, besides that ***** in the oval office?
Signed into law that you are no longer able to stay in the US while waiting for your immigration paperwork to be approved...if you are not here on a current visa, whether you are married or not, you must remain in your home country. Signed this into effect right after having INS rush several hundred thousand applications through the system prior to the second election.

This in turn prevented my wife and daughter from re-entering the US after spending an early christmas with her family.

This also prevented our approval for an "emergency" visa due to extenuating circumstances because our plight was not considered an emergency even though I lived in LA and she was forced to stay in Toronto with our 7 month old daughter.

THis in turn forced me to leave my home in LA and a very sound job and upcoming promotion if I wanted to be close to my family because the immigration system is a pile of ****.

This in turn eventually cost me my marriage and is the reason why I have not seen my daughter since Nov 2001.

This...is why he is the biggest piece of **** ever to step foot in the whitehouse.

Just to add on...move to NY and claim to be true NY'ers just so your wife can get elected since NYC is full of a bunch of morons.

Add on lying under oath. Whitewater.

Yeah...he is a pile of **** that I would love to see skinned alive and boiled in gasoline.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Signed into law that you are no longer able to stay in the US while waiting for your immigration paperwork to be approved...if you are not here on a current visa, whether you are married or not, you must remain in your home country. Signed this into effect right after having INS rush several hundred thousand applications through the system prior to the second election.
Didn't congress write that law? W doesn't veto anything. Why should you hold Billy to a different standard?

I like turtles.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #20

Woa! I want to recast my vote and I demand a recount. I vote as my favorite president, well he coulda been prez if he didnt spend all his time inventing the internet and stumping the environment, ALBERT GORE, JR.
ONEZ ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

William Henry Harrison!!!
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
Old 07-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Actually, I was always a big Millard Fillmore fan.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:55 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:

This in turn prevented my wife and daughter from re-entering the US after spending an early christmas with her family.

This also prevented our approval for an "emergency" visa due to extenuating circumstances because our plight was not considered an emergency even though I lived in LA and she was forced to stay in Toronto with our 7 month old daughter.

THis in turn forced me to leave my home in LA and a very sound job and upcoming promotion if I wanted to be close to my family because the immigration system is a pile of ****.

This in turn eventually cost me my marriage and is the reason why I have not seen my daughter since Nov 2001.

This...is why he is the biggest piece of **** ever to step foot in the whitehouse.

Just to add on...move to NY and claim to be true NY'ers just so your wife can get elected since NYC is full of a bunch of morons.

Add on lying under oath. Whitewater.

Yeah...he is a pile of **** that I would love to see skinned alive and boiled in gasoline.
You left out all the poor Sudanese who are without their Aspirin today due to his extreme precision in trying to end terrorism.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

Reagan by far

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Brady bill....

The law that set up the massacre at VT

gun free zones = criminal safe zones

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 07-06-2007, 12:46 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I do take offense to that mostly because I hate that fact too, the rest is because I hate her and her "husband". I hate photos of her at Yankee Stadium in a NY Cap, pisses me off to death. It's all the Time's and Newsday's fault, left wing biased.

Not to mention Clinton was a joke of a president. (Hooray Bill Bashing!)
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 07-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #27
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Didn't congress write that law? W doesn't veto anything. Why should you hold Billy to a different standard?
He authored it.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #28
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
You left out all the poor Sudanese who are without their Aspirin today due to his extreme precision in trying to end terrorism.
I also left out the fact that he had Bin Ladin dead to rights and let him go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
I do take offense to that mostly because I hate that fact too, the rest is because I hate her and her "husband". I hate photos of her at Yankee Stadium in a NY Cap, pisses me off to death. It's all the Time's and Newsday's fault, left wing biased.

Not to mention Clinton was a joke of a president. (Hooray Bill Bashing!)
I was living in upstate NY when she was running for the seat...she came to our hick farm town and tried talking to us like she was one of us. She was booed heavily on the way into town...while in town...and on the way out of town.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was living in upstate NY when she was running for the seat...she came to our hick farm town and tried talking to us like she was one of us. She was booed heavily on the way into town...while in town...and on the way out of town.
and yet, amazingly, even though it seems so many NY'ers dislike her, she was elected to office...hmmm...
Old 07-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #30
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
and yet, amazingly, even though it seems so many NY'ers dislike her, she was elected to office...hmmm...
Because it wasn't upstate NY that elected her...it was NYC mostly. There are about as many people in NYC as there are in the rest of upstate NY. If you can get NYC on your side, you are pretty much set. That is why gov homo was elected so many times...upstate hated his ***...buy NYC loved him.

This is the reason sen. volker tried several times to make NYC its own state. They do nothing but leach money away from the rest of NY and the politicians know to concentrate on NYC to get elected while the rest of the state gets screwed.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

true, i agree...there are a lot of states like that...where you have one large metropolitan area the dictates what happens to the rest of the state...
Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Illinois is a good example of that, most of the people of the state are reasonable people, but you get Chicago pulling them down

-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 07-07-2007, 12:26 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

NYC, I believe is the most densely populated area in the world. The two World trade center towers had more financial real estate that did all of Boston, or something to that effect.

I live out here on LI and it's so sad so many people here want to be like NYC. It's such a step backwards since they are making all the same mistakes and people are bliss to these facts. Thank God my town is Republican led. Things are getting accomplished and parks are being preserved and the papers do nothing but find little things to bash the town about. Even the day after the fourth the paper just published with huge photos about how it was a day for so many who mourn and anti-war protests. This place makes me sick.
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 07-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #34
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
NYC, I believe is the most densely populated area in the world. The two World trade center towers had more financial real estate that did all of Boston, or something to that effect.

I live out here on LI and it's so sad so many people here want to be like NYC. It's such a step backwards since they are making all the same mistakes and people are bliss to these facts. Thank God my town is Republican led. Things are getting accomplished and parks are being preserved and the papers do nothing but find little things to bash the town about. Even the day after the fourth the paper just published with huge photos about how it was a day for so many who mourn and anti-war protests. This place makes me sick.
It's thoughts like these that make me so happy I left NY.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

Woo hoo...look at y'all gettin' all fired up while talking politics. Kinda sexy. lol

EDIT: George Washington is my fave, btw.
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar