Boise State vs. Auburn & Alabama - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-24-2010, 04:39 AM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Boise State vs. Auburn & Alabama

As an Alabama fan and SEC fan I'm sick of hearing about this Boise State that is located somewhere not in the SEC. I'm sick of turning on ESPN and hearing Lou Holtz utter the words "An undefeated Boise State deserves to play in the National Championship game over an 1 loss SEC team" while doing his best unintentional impersonation of Daffy Duck.

So here it is, once in for all. This is why Boise State is bs and you are an idiot for thinking otherwise. I also don't give a crap that Boise State beat Oklahoma in some bowl game a couple of years ago. As far as I am concerned the Big 12 might as well be the WAC.

Let me begin by just listing the schedules of the three respective teams and the results so far.

Boise State Schedule
Virginia Tech - 33-30 W
Wyoming 51-6 W
Oregon State 37-24 W
New Mexico State 59-0 W
Toledo 57-14 W
San Jose State 48-0 W
Louisiana Tech
Hawaii
Idaho
Fresno State
Nevada
Utah State

Alabama Schedule
San Jose State 48-3 W
Penn State 24-3 W
Duke 62-13 W
Arkansas 24-20 W
Florida 31-6 W
South Carolina 35-21 L
Mississippi W 23-10
Tennessee 41-10 W
LSU
Mississippi State
Georgia State
Auburn

Auburn Schedule
Arkansas State 52-26 W
Mississippi State 17-14 W
Clemson 27-24 W OT
South Carolina 35-27 W
Louisiana-Monroe 52-3 W
Kentucky 37-34 W
Arkansas 65-43 W
LSU 24-17 W
Mississippi
Chattanooga
Georgia
Alabama

Based on the current results so far the total points scored for and against per team are: (based on 6 games since Boise plays on Tuesday this week cause no one gives a crap about the game)

Boise State - 285 - 74
Alabama - 224 -86
Auburn - 220 - 188

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on just the points for and against in the first six weeks, Boise State has put up 61 more points and allowed 12 less points than an at the time 5-1 Alabama. For Auburn Boise State put up 65 more points and allowed a ridiculous 114 less points than Auburn.

Now lets compare Boise State to Alabama and Auburn when it comes to the teams they have played and will play this year based on a careful selection of stats that favors my argument.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of of the 12 teams Boise State plays in the 2010 year the following BCS stats are factual:

Virginia Tech is 1-3 in BCS bowl games
Oregon State is 1-0 in BCS bowl games
Hawaii is 0-1 in BCS bowl games

Combined they play three opponents that have made a BCS game since the BCS began in 1998. The overall record for those opponents is 2-4 with one of the teams, Virginia Tech appearing in a BCS National Championship game representing the Big East with the result being a lost to Florida State, representing the ACC.

Of of the 12 teams Alabama plays in the 2010 year the following BCS stats are factual:

Penn State is 1-1 in BCS bowl games
Florida is 5-1 in BCS bowl games
LSU is 4-0 in BCS bowl games
Tennessee is 1-1 in BCS bowl games
Auburn is 1-0 in bowl games

I'd like to make a point that Alabama plays LSU, Auburn and Tennessee every year.

Combined they play 5 opponents that have made a BCS game since the BCS began in 1998. The overall record for those opponents is 12-3. Of those 5 opponents Alabama plays, Florida has won two BCS National Championships, LSU has won two BCS National Championships, Tennessee has won one BCS National Championship and Auburn got screwed out of a chance to win a BCS National Championship so a cheating USC could beat an overrated Oklahoma in 2004.

Of of the 12 teams Auburn plays in the 2010 year the following BCS stats are factual:

LSU is 4-0 in BCS bowl games
Georgia is 2-1 in BCS bowl games
Alabama is 1-2 in BCS bowl games

Combined they play three opponents that hav emade a BCS game since the BCS began in 1998. The overall record for those opponents is 7-3. Of those 3 opponents Auburn plays, LSU has won two BCS National Championships and Alabama is coming off its first BCS National Championship.

Of the 12 teams Boise State plays in 2010 year the following end of year BCS top 25 results are factual:

9 of the 12 teams Boise State plays have never been ranked in the top 25 of the end of regular season BCS rankings.

Of the 12 teams Alabama plays in the 2010 year the following end of year BCS top 25 results are factual:

4 of the 12 teams Alabama plays have never been ranked in the top 25 of the end of regular season BCS rankings.

Of the 12 teams Auburn plays in the 2010 year the following end of year BCS top 25 results are factual:

5 of the 12 teams Auburn plays have never been ranked in the top 25 of the end of regular season BCS rankings.

The above arguments are good enough reason everyone in Idaho should shut up but to finish this off I'd like to bring up the biggest reason Boise State ( and for that matter any team in a non BCS conference along with the PAC 10 and Big 11) does not deserve to even be ranked in the BCS rankings.

The single biggest reason Boise State does not deserve to be even thought of as jumping a 1 loss SEC team is:

Boise State does not play a conference championship game. This is the final straw because not only does Boise State play in the WAC, which is one of the weakest division one conferences, they don't have to play an extra game at the end of the season to make it to the National Championship game.

So for Lou Holtz and everyone else that can't get off of the Boise State bandwagon: SHUT UP.

I would like to end by saying I hate the BCS as it is and would love to see a playoff. A playoff would put to rest everything I have had to say in this whole argument because at the end of the year Boise State would be undefeated and get to go play for a National Championship. They'd get to prove to us once and for all just how terrible most of us believe them to be. Even with a playoff system Boise State would never win a National Championship. The SEC is too powerful and even if it were to fall off a few years with the new conference realignments Boise State is still left out as recruiting is only going to become harder for them now.

No one will want to go to play in the MWC when they can now go to Colorado or Utah and play in the Pac-12.

Every year Alabama, Auburn and the rest of the SEC has to recruit to beat each other once, if not twice to make it to the National Championship game. All Boise State as to do is recruit to beat the two non conference teams that start the year ranked in the top 25 to get idiots like Lou Holtz to jump on their bandwagon.

Sorry Boise State, but you just don't deserve it. Don't even get me started on TCU either......

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Re: Boise State vs. Auburn & Alabama

Great post. I almost wish boise would make it this year and auburn would win out so we could trounce them in the big game. However, its going to be a tough road for auburn, and boise and tcu and probably oregon look like they will win out easily. I hate the BCS. Herbstreet was going off last night about how boise could play with any of the top teams. So retarded
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Great post. I almost wish boise would make it this year and auburn would win out so we could trounce them in the big game. However, its going to be a tough road for auburn, and boise and tcu and probably oregon look like they will win out easily. I hate the BCS. Herbstreet was going off last night about how boise could play with any of the top teams. So retarded

I want the media to get their wish and have boise in the big game. I also want it to be against and SEC team whether it be bama, auburn, or even LSU (assuming they decide to play tackle football and not 2 hand touch like yesterday). I just want them to play one of the "one loss SEC teams" and get it handed to them and embarrassed up and down the field.
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

OMG... i did this for the last decade about a year ago on Tiger Droppings. At the time they were only like 1-4 against SEC and horrible against ranked teams. Great post! And their one win was against Arkansas on a Arkansas loosing season (3-8 or something)

BTW by the looks of it.... Boise may get to travel to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl this year... The #2 SEC 1 or 2 loss team will (assuming we have a SEC team in the NCG too) get to put an asswhooping on them... or even TCU
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I also know that any 1 loss SEC team will make the NCG now that OU lost
Old 10-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

haha i am sick of flipping over to espn and just seeing lou holtz period
that man is senile and probably legally retarded
and also if he left espn would finally stop talking about notre dame and their ****ty football program lol

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718 View Post
and also if he left espn would finally stop talking about notre dame and their ****ty football program lol
Yes. This!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

Why dont you tell us how you really Feel?
I hope for a boise st vs Mich State Bcs championship game.... and let the media enjoy the ratings from that game!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop1234 View Post
Why dont you tell us how you really Feel?
I hope for a boise st vs Mich State Bcs championship game.... and let the media enjoy the ratings from that game!
Please... oh please No!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

hahaha this was posted on deadspin

"It's BCS standings time! Auburn vaults to number one, while Oregon remains at two. The Ducks can't crack the top spot despite being tops in the human polls, but lets be thankful for the computer rankings; otherwise, Notre Dame would probably be somewhere up there."

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

in the end its only about money, what ever will make the most is what they want to take place.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho

GO BSU!!! Only because I live in Idaho. I was at the Toledo game. It was my first College football game I have been to. Yeah they have a wimpy Schedule. I guess we will see how they do in the Bowl game.
2000 V6 Auto. Mac CAI, Borla Dual Exhaust, SCT Tuner by VMP. 4:10 gears........I need new tires!
Renegade 800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade 800 View Post
GO BSU!!! Only because I live in Idaho. I was at the Toledo game. It was my first College football game I have been to. Yeah they have a wimpy Schedule. I guess we will see how they do in the Bowl game.

Yea, hopefully Oregon will drop and you can watch the SEC light a fire under your blue turf snorting asses.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Just remember guys.. the SEC will have 5 Balls in their division by different teams in the last 5 years...
Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho

I am actually an Idaho Vandals fan but they dont have a good team. Not since the late 80's.
Boise (the City) I think is the ******* of the world. I have two daughters that live in Boise, their mom moved them there.
2000 V6 Auto. Mac CAI, Borla Dual Exhaust, SCT Tuner by VMP. 4:10 gears........I need new tires!
Renegade 800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
alabama