andre johnson will not take any of your crap sir - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

andre johnson will not take any of your crap sir

omg he is such a beast
about time someone stood up to the biggest **** talker in the nfl

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: andre johnson will not take any of your crap sir

ya he got all butt hurt cuz cortland don't take no **** from anyone and played hard bump n run
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Yea saw that. Was pretty awesome.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

what are the final results on that, both fined I assume?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Hasn't come out yet, hopefully suspended since I have to face Johnson in fantasy next week. Honestly though if they aren't suspended it will be the biggest joke ever. They are throwing fines around for accidental hits that they deem too rough in the name of protecting the players, but intentional, malicious actions(not to mention completely immature and showing a total lack of self control and anger management) get the same penalty?

Next time that Harrison guy from the Steelers catches a WR coming over the middle, instead of making a risky tackle that might get him fined he should clothesline the dude and just start beating the **** out of him. I mean why not if the penalty is going to be the same.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

well the reason i dont think theyll be suspended is bc richard seymour wasnt after sucker punching ben "the rapist" hamburger

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

If you pay attention to more than just the play you'll see the DB had it coming. Illegal hitting to the face in back to back plays? That's just asking for it. He got what he deserved IMO. The DB also has a reputation for being a dirty player. I realize it's not the message the NFL wants to send, but there are times you have to stand up for yourself.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

25k fines for each

PTI sees more than coincidence in the fact that there were no suspensions and that Houston's game is on the NFL network next week.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
That was great. Wasn't the game a shutout too?
KMP90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

yea it was a shut out
and jimmy hit the nail on the head. also it was reported he yelled to the texans bench "watch this" right before he went to the facemask. and i think the suspension deal has more to do with the precedent set by richard seymour the week before
and that was a sucker punch too lol
or it could be liek a comment i read that said the nfl is cool with punching ppl who deserve it

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Old 11-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
yea it was a shut out
and jimmy hit the nail on the head. also it was reported he yelled to the texans bench "watch this" right before he went to the facemask. and i think the suspension deal has more to do with the precedent set by richard seymour the week before
and that was a sucker punch too lol
or it could be liek a comment i read that said the nfl is cool with punching ppl who deserve it
That's icing on the cake when you play dirty and fail
KMP90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

LeGarrette Blount punched a guy after a game and was suspended for the entire season (later reduced to 10 games). These guys are paid professionals and they acted like they are in high school. Letting them off with fines was probably even more scandalous than what happened on the field.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

its interesting for sure
but then again the nfl is a business
and the ncaa tries to delude themselves that they arent with their "amateurism"

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Old 11-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
LeGarrette Blount punched a guy after a game and was suspended for the entire season (later reduced to 10 games). These guys are paid professionals and they acted like they are in high school. Letting them off with fines was probably even more scandalous than what happened on the field.
There is a HUGE difference between what Blount did and what these guys did. First, Finnegan illegally shoved him in the face mask, told the opposing bench before the play that he was going to do it (premeditated... no chance of accident or "in the moment"). He deserved every punch he took. If anything, HE should've been suspended and Johnson just fined.

Blount cheap shot punched a guy for opening his mouth. That is clearly different than someone hitting you hard enough in the face mask to jerk your helmet and upper body without provocation. I agree... they are paid professionals and should act as such. However, Finnegan didn't behave that way and encouraged a reaction that was violent. Please tell me someone could hit you in your face twice and have you not react because you're a "professional". Again, Finnegan deserved everything he got and perhaps more.

1) Blount

Physical violence (sucker punch to the face) in reply to verbal taunting.

2) Finnegan

Watch him smiling and winking at people after the play. It's infuriating to be honest. Both players deserve to have the teammates of those players stand up for them. The Finnegan attitude after is in no way sportsman like. He's proud of the **** he pulled. I can't believe you would equate the two.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 11-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

Blount should of been banned from all professional sports as well.... he should of gone to jail for that... real cheesy
Old 11-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I don't agree that he is a dirty player. I watch him every week. He plays extremely hard and just simply doesn't back down. Johnson had no reason to throw punches your not supposed to hit in the face but get over it its football I had recievers that punched me in the chin everytime i played bump n run but I didn't throw punches.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
There is a HUGE difference between what Blount did and what these guys did. First, Finnegan illegally shoved him in the face mask, told the opposing bench before the play that he was going to do it (premeditated... no chance of accident or "in the moment"). He deserved every punch he took. If anything, HE should've been suspended and Johnson just fined.

Blount cheap shot punched a guy for opening his mouth. That is clearly different than someone hitting you hard enough in the face mask to jerk your helmet and upper body without provocation. I agree... they are paid professionals and should act as such. However, Finnegan didn't behave that way and encouraged a reaction that was violent. Please tell me someone could hit you in your face twice and have you not react because you're a "professional". Again, Finnegan deserved everything he got and perhaps more.

1) Blount

Physical violence (sucker punch to the face) in reply to verbal taunting.

2) Finnegan

Watch him smiling and winking at people after the play. It's infuriating to be honest. Both players deserve to have the teammates of those players stand up for them. The Finnegan attitude after is in no way sportsman like. He's proud of the **** he pulled. I can't believe you would equate the two.
I can't believe you think there is a difference. Finnegan may have been more antagonistic than the guy Blount hit, but the end result was exactly the same, some roid rage moron resorting to physical violence without attempting any other avenue to resolve his problem. You are never going to convince me that there was justification for ripping the guys helmet off and throwing haymakers at him. The NFL has a penalty called "illegal hands to the face" which means that this sort of thing happens from time to time (else they wouldn't have a penalty specifically for it) and yet I can't recall any other cases of a guy throwing hooks and uppercuts at the other guy. I don't give a **** how "dirty" Finnegan is, the refs apparently didn't think so and dirty **** happens in the NFL all the time anyway. I heard some guy in an interview the other day say he was deliberately trying to break kitna's arm or something but nobody tried to punch him out like Mike Tyson on the playing field.

The real problem here is that Johnson was afraid he'd "look like a *****" if he complained to the refs or his coach about it so he just took matters into his own hands like he was a 12 year old on a playground and someone called his mother a whore. He needs to grow the **** up and learn how to handle his problems like a millionaire professional instead of a thugged out gangsta from the ghetto.

Fistfights go out of style about the time you stop wearing diapers and learn to use cognitive ability in your goddamn brain. The only time you should be punching someone is to protect yourself or someone else from imminent danger (or to make money if you are a professional fighter). Players scrapping around while wearing full pads intended to protect them from full speed collisions with other players are not being threatened with imminent danger to anything but their ego. Every time I've seen a guy throw a punch in anger I've always equated it to some sort of mongoloid caveman gene they never evolved.

And yes, I would not have reacted in this same way. I probably would have turned my anger and adrenaline into better and faster route running so i could score a TD on him and then talk **** to him the rest of the game about how bad he is at covering me. At the very least it would have saved me 25 thousand dollars.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

might have touched a nerve there jimmy lol
just curious are you a titans fan?

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Old 11-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

i changed my mind i don't feel like gettting into this lol.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:01 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
The only time you should be punching someone is to protect yourself or someone else from imminent danger (or to make money if you are a professional fighter). Players scrapping around while wearing full pads intended to protect them from full speed collisions with other players are not being threatened with imminent danger to anything but their ego.
Imminent danger like being punched in the face?

Quote:
While the yearly number of indirect fatalities has remained near 9.0 per year, the yearly number of direct fatalities has declined from an average of 18.6 per year between 1931-1970, 9.5 per year from 1971–1990, to 4.3 per year from 1991-2006.
Poor fatal ego injuries.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
i changed my mind i don't feel like gettting into this lol.
i dont blame you lol
o the wonders of the internet

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Old 11-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Imminent danger like being punched in the face?

Poor fatal ego injuries.
Did Finnegan ever punch him in the face? I only saw him talking trash and smacking him in the facemask.

The same facemask/helmet that your second quote shows as only getting better and better at protecting the players over the years? (I assume that that is football related injuries, you never clarified)

Thats my major gripe here, Finnegan hit him in a fully protected head that is built to withstand collisions, with the intent to annoy him and throw him off his game at the cost of maybe a penalty if the refs are watching. Johnson retaliated by yanking off his protection and trying to physically injure the man with blows to the head at the cost of being ejected and fined/suspended.

If you can't see how he escalated the matter beyond what Finnegan did then I don't know what to say.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #23
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I'm kind of with Will. Just because someone is being a ****** talking trash, pressing your buttons....how does that warrant the right to throw punches? If he's pissing you off that much, just decleat him at the snap when he tries to bump you...or while blocking on a running play...Instead, let's throw punches...get ejected, and put your team in a disadvantage.

Oh, and the reasoning behind not suspending him because the texans are playing on NFL network thursday night and they didn't want to put them in a competitive disadvantage? WTF? I thought that was what suspensions were for...punishment?
Old 11-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

again with the nfl network thing:
i dont buy it bc they set their own precedent when richard seymour sucker punched rothleisberger

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718 View Post
again with the nfl network thing:
i dont buy it bc they set their own precedent when richard seymour sucker punched rothleisberger
It was discussed on sports center last night. Roger-poo didn't want to leave houston with a competitive disadvantage on thursday.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Did Finnegan ever punch him in the face? I only saw him talking trash and smacking him in the facemask.

The same facemask/helmet that your second quote shows as only getting better and better at protecting the players over the years? (I assume that that is football related injuries, you never clarified)

Thats my major gripe here, Finnegan hit him in a fully protected head that is built to withstand collisions, with the intent to annoy him and throw him off his game at the cost of maybe a penalty if the refs are watching. Johnson retaliated by yanking off his protection and trying to physically injure the man with blows to the head at the cost of being ejected and fined/suspended.

If you can't see how he escalated the matter beyond what Finnegan did then I don't know what to say.
I'm not sure if you ever played football. As a lineman, a position where using hands is pretty important, I know exactly how hard I can shove someone. If I were to direct this right at someone's face, as Finnegan did, and they weren't able to defend themselves, it's an impact that could likely break a neck. There is a reason there are so many penalties oriented around hitting the face/helmet.

Further, to use your own argument... your car is design to withstand impact, therefore you can't get upset or retaliate in any way if I come and hit it with my truck because, after all, it's designed to be more and more safe in impacts... it's being used as it's designed. Come on man, that's laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I'm kind of with Will. Just because someone is being a ****** talking trash, pressing your buttons....how does that warrant the right to throw punches? If he's pissing you off that much, just decleat him at the snap when he tries to bump you...or while blocking on a running play...Instead, let's throw punches...get ejected, and put your team in a disadvantage.

Oh, and the reasoning behind not suspending him because the texans are playing on NFL network thursday night and they didn't want to put them in a competitive disadvantage? WTF? I thought that was what suspensions were for...punishment?
If it had just been trash talking, I would be with Will as well. These two have a long history where Finnegan is a ****** and doing things that are very unsportsman like and in some instances, down right reckless, dangerous and irresponsible.

Finnegan punching a man in a pile

Finnegan hitting a man without a helmet (I realize the play was "active" but the lineman doesn't have the ball and jumping on him like Finnegan did does nothing to end the play)

I'm sure a small bully hasn't ever "gotten his" by a larger kid that's tired of putting up with his **** when no one disciplines the smaller kid... that could never happen.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #27
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I wish he would have landed more punches.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not sure if you ever played football. As a lineman, a position where using hands is pretty important, I know exactly how hard I can shove someone. If I were to direct this right at someone's face, as Finnegan did, and they weren't able to defend themselves, it's an impact that could likely break a neck. There is a reason there are so many penalties oriented around hitting the face/helmet.

Further, to use your own argument... your car is design to withstand impact, therefore you can't get upset or retaliate in any way if I come and hit it with my truck because, after all, it's designed to be more and more safe in impacts... it's being used as it's designed. Come on man, that's laughable.

If it had just been trash talking, I would be with Will as well. These two have a long history where Finnegan is a ****** and doing things that are very unsportsman like and in some instances, down right reckless, dangerous and irresponsible.

Finnegan punching a man in a pile

Finnegan hitting a man without a helmet (I realize the play was "active" but the lineman doesn't have the ball and jumping on him like Finnegan did does nothing to end the play)

I'm sure a small bully hasn't ever "gotten his" by a larger kid that's tired of putting up with his **** when no one disciplines the smaller kid... that could never happen.

If you rearend me in the street and I jump out of my car and beat you up, I'd go to jail.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
If you rearend me in the street and I jump out of my car and beat you up, I'd go to jail.
And if I repeatedly smacked you in the head while you're wearing a motorcycle helmet, do you brush it off because you have head protection? Or do you get to the point of putting an end to that horse****? What if I work my way from smacking to shoving your head... like Finnegan did? Stopping someone from an action that is likely to cause physical injury is defensible in court.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And if I repeatedly smacked you in the head while you're wearing a motorcycle helmet, do you brush it off because you have head protection? Or do you get to the point of putting an end to that horse****? What if I work my way from smacking to shoving your head... like Finnegan did? Stopping someone from an action that is likely to cause physical injury is defensible in court.

If you were smacking me in the head while I was wearing a motorcycle helmet, I would take off the helmet. At that point you would stop hitting me, or you wouldn't, and I'd have to defend myself. I've actually had people do this to me before and it was annoying but I never felt imminent threat and the need to defend myself.

If you wrecked my car, and refused to pay for it, I would sue you for damages.

If you talked **** about my mother, I'd ignore you.

Unless you assaulted me, I would not throw punches at you. I just wouldn't. Maybe I'm a big *****, maybe I'm just the chillest person in the world, who knows. The fact of the matter is that people don't have a problem with this because Finnegan is an *******. Had it been a different less "dirty" player getting beat up people would be all up in arms. There is no excuse for what Johnson did on the field. None. "He deserved it" is not a valid defense for it.

Football is a physical game and every play someone is committing an action that is likely to cause physical injury. You can't let the players decide what is a legitimate action or not and then use vigilante justice to bring down the offenders. The referees are there to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. If they aren't doing a good enough job, they need to get better referees, or start fining and penalizing more for these things. The answer is never going to be "have players throw down on the fifty yard line, loser of physical altercation gets 15 yard penalty"
Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

all i have to say is violence begets violence
football is a violent sport so emotions run high

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Old 11-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
If you were smacking me in the head while I was wearing a motorcycle helmet, I would take off the helmet. At that point you would stop hitting me, or you wouldn't, and I'd have to defend myself. I've actually had people do this to me before and it was annoying but I never felt imminent threat and the need to defend myself.

If you wrecked my car, and refused to pay for it, I would sue you for damages.

If you talked **** about my mother, I'd ignore you.

Unless you assaulted me, I would not throw punches at you. I just wouldn't. Maybe I'm a big *****, maybe I'm just the chillest person in the world, who knows. The fact of the matter is that people don't have a problem with this because Finnegan is an *******. Had it been a different less "dirty" player getting beat up people would be all up in arms. There is no excuse for what Johnson did on the field. None. "He deserved it" is not a valid defense for it.

Football is a physical game and every play someone is committing an action that is likely to cause physical injury. You can't let the players decide what is a legitimate action or not and then use vigilante justice to bring down the offenders. The referees are there to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. If they aren't doing a good enough job, they need to get better referees, or start fining and penalizing more for these things. The answer is never going to be "have players throw down on the fifty yard line, loser of physical altercation gets 15 yard penalty"
Yes, clearly removing your helmet in a situation where someone is actively striking you is the best choice. Removing the item protecting you. You're right, **** does happen in football that doesn't get seen by officials. I've been in games where guys would punch, illegally chop block, etc... it's either dealt with by the officials, ignored risking injury frequently throughout the game... or dealt with by the dirty player "getting his" (typically in the form of excessive but legal hits). I'm not arguing that what happened was desirable.

I've been in Andre's position before, with a small kid that wanted to be a bully. It took standing up to him and breaking a locker with him before he got the hint. And guess what? He got suspended while I got nothing. Why? Because I was seen as a "good kid" while he was seen as the bully he was. I got talked to about it and I told the principle if the **** kept up, he could expect similar treatment. There is nothing wrong for standing up for yourself. Sure it would be nice if it had been dealt with in a better fashion, but these two have a long history where Andre did just "take it" and expect the officials to take care of it (like I expected the teachers to). At some point, you get tired of that being ignored.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, clearly removing your helmet in a situation where someone is actively striking you is the best choice. Removing the item protecting you. You're right, **** does happen in football that doesn't get seen by officials. I've been in games where guys would punch, illegally chop block, etc... it's either dealt with by the officials, ignored risking injury frequently throughout the game... or dealt with by the dirty player "getting his" (typically in the form of excessive but legal hits). I'm not arguing that what happened was desirable.

I've been in Andre's position before, with a small kid that wanted to be a bully. It took standing up to him and breaking a locker with him before he got the hint. And guess what? He got suspended while I got nothing. Why? Because I was seen as a "good kid" while he was seen as the bully he was. I got talked to about it and I told the principle if the **** kept up, he could expect similar treatment. There is nothing wrong for standing up for yourself. Sure it would be nice if it had been dealt with in a better fashion, but these two have a long history where Andre did just "take it" and expect the officials to take care of it (like I expected the teachers to). At some point, you get tired of that being ignored.

I would remove the helmet because i recognize the helmet as being the reason I'm being hit. Surely if some guy I didn't know just started beating the **** out of me I wouldn't take it off, but that wasn't the situation I thought you were describing.

Just for reference when you got away with physically assaulting someone, were you in high school?
Old 11-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #34
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
I've been in Andre's position before, with a small kid that wanted to be a bully.
I was too....I was a fullback...he was a defensive lineman. Didn't have to beat on him to get my point across...instead, I just failed to make cuts and ran straight at him. Eventually, he got the point...

But Will is right...so, the message we get is, if someone talks smack, or puts hands to the face, it is completely acceptable for you to rip their helmet off and throw punches until the refs split you up. The other message is that if you are a big marquis player, you will only have to worry about a fine...because being out will leave you at a competitive disadvantage and cost the league money.

DUI = Suspension.
Reports of sexual misconduct which was not prosecuted because there wasn't enough evidence = Suspension
Taking pics of your junk and texting them to someone could possibly = suspension

Throwing punches because you lost your temper = slap on the wrist.

I am not seeing any kind of consistency here from the league. In one moment roggie is trying to be mr hard-*** and laying down the law...then, he turns around and slaps you on the wrist for something that should always equal a suspension no matter what the situation.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I would remove the helmet because i recognize the helmet as being the reason I'm being hit. Surely if some guy I didn't know just started beating the **** out of me I wouldn't take it off, but that wasn't the situation I thought you were describing.

Just for reference when you got away with physically assaulting someone, were you in high school?
"getting away" assumes I would be guilty. This assumption is not correct. It was Jr. High (football would be HS). This ***** foot attitude you have about everything may work in a perfect world... it's just not feasible in every situation. I've never gone looking to "have to defend myself", but I won't put up with someone assaulting me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar