Whats the best and quickest way to lose my beer gut - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Whats the best and quickest way to lose my beer gut

Im going on vacation end of August with a friend, his girl, her friends and some of her family. I havent been on a beach in almost a year.

I have a pretty badass beer gut, Ive been doing situps and cut back my meals to one a day with some vitamin pills in the morning. Still progress is slow, I want to lose prob a solid 1/2 inch maybe 5 pounds or so worth of fat. My obliques are cmoing along but I cant get the gut to go away.

What do you guys do to achieve the epic six pack.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Re: Whats the best and quickest way to lose my beer gut

Methamphetamines Don't cut back on meals .Just eat smaller meal maybe six a day. If you stop eating your body goes into survial mode and slow down your metabolism (Misspelled for sure) and you burn less fat I'm sure one of the diet experts will set you straight

The Six Pack "Secret" - Online Personal Training Sydney Caringbah - Amino Z

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

So my metabolism is slowed down now? I havent been eating more than one meal a day for about 2 months now. Is that why I sleep so much? Im like a ****ing sloth right now haha

And meth is out btw lol

Old 07-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Well so much for the speed diet

The Metabolism - How it Affects Your Energy Levels

Daily Dieting Tips

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Yeah, eat many small meals a day... something I have to make myself do.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

Uh stop drinking beer

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydog View Post
Uh stop drinking beer
wow... you are funny man! FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY!!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh View Post
So my metabolism is slowed down now? I havent been eating more than one meal a day for about 2 months now. Is that why I sleep so much? Im like a ****ing sloth right now haha

And meth is out btw lol
Yeah, don't cut out meals...like Herb said, your body will actually start holding on to fat harder than if you eat 5-6 meals a day. It sees a limited supply of nutrients and tries to build stores in case something goes wrong.

I haven't checked Herb's links...but not eating will kill your metabolism and make you sleep a lot. That is what I Think my problem is right now...I can sleep for 12-14 hours and wake up tired...and end up taking a nap 2 hours later.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to topless67 Send a message via Yahoo to topless67

FYI- Healthy weight loss is gradual (1-2lbs/wk- unless you're obese, then you have more to lose). You want to lose weight? Eat right & be more active (crunches are a good start, but you need to do more than that- if you need some at home exercises to help you out, pm me). When will people ever learn there is no miracle diet? Cutting down to one meal a day will slow your metabolism, which is the means by which you get energy- thus your lethargy.

Here are some tips I've compiled (I highlighted the ones you should really concern yourself with):

Read food labels for nutritional content, ingredients & serving sizes.

Limit intake of high-fructose corn syrup, especially in non-diet soda. This enters your blood stream freely and spikes your blood sugar rapidly, what isn’t used is stored (in the liver, muscle, but mostly in fat cells as glycogen) and the resulting drop in blood sugar will make you feel sick, hungry or both.

Limit intake of processed foods (i.e.: white bread, cakes, cookies…anything made with white flour)

Limit intake of fats, especially saturated and trans fats (hint: look for hydrogenation in the ingredients, this indicates trans fat). Though your body does need fat, it should only account for about 30% of your day’s total calories. (Fat is 9cals/g) Also watch for cholesterol in animal fats.
Eaxmples of high-fat foods: fatty meats, full fat dairy, butter, oil (i.e.: salad dressings), fried foods and pasteries.

Eat about every 3 hours; about 3 main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and 2-3 snacks (100-200 cals each) or 6 small means a day.

Eat ¼ of your daily calories at breakfast. Not only does this help you from being ravenous by lunchtime, but it better fuels your body for the day’s activities.

Avoid eating too much too late. Lifestyles generally demand that we be running around all day, and by the time we get home at night we’re exhausted, hungry and binge. This is a problem because you’re dumping in all these cals at night when you’re least likely to be active enough to use them. Shoot for eating more food earlier in the day, and save a light snack for night time, if you still need one.

Focus on high fiber foods (vegetables, whole wheat/grain, fruit) and sources of lean protein (whey, soy, egg whites, lean poultry, fish/sea food). This doesn’t mean you can’t ever have a hamburger or steak, just remember they are not very lean and should be consumed in moderation.

Use low or non-fat dairy products, such as 2% or lower milk, yogurt, cheese.

Use the Food Guide Pyramid. Visit mypyramid.gov. Meeting daily intake requirements of grains, dairy, meat/beans, fruits and veggies will account for enough food that you’ll be less likely to fill up on the less nutritional alternatives.

Drink water! Save the calories you used to drink for food, choose low/no call beverages such as water, flavored water (Propel has flavored water fortified with Calcium), diet soda, low sugar juices, etc.

Aim for 30 minutes of being active a day, MINIMUM. Studies suggest that meeting this requirement will help MAINTAIN weight, to lose weight obviously will take a more proactive approach (fancy way of saying, work harder).

Watch your portions. Calories often go underreported because people do not account for the amount of food they’re actually consuming. Tricks include the “portion plate”, or dividing your plate into 3 sections. ½ of your plate should be filled with fruits and/or veggies, ¼ should be grains and ¼ should be lean meat/protein. One serving of fruits or veggies is about the size of a baseball, a potato serving the size of a computer mouse, pancakes should be about the size of a cd, and a meat serving should be about the thickness of a deck of cards, size of your open palm. You get the idea.
topless67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Start eating raw eggs, chicken and fish.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

/\

I took the caffenated version of Hydroxycut, watched what I ate, and did a stationary bike 5 times a week for an hour at a time. Be sure and use the one where it lists a general area for target heart rate. If you go below it, you aren't working hard enough, i.e. efficient, and if you work too hard, you end up getting tired. I lost 20 lbs in two months. I did it every morning before breakfast, so that my body would be using more stored up energy(fat pretty much) than say if you did it at night time after you ate. I'm 99 percent sure I could have lost the weight without the hydroxycut though. I think that just because I was spending money, I was more dedicated to the cause.

My main problem though was sodas and eating late at night, when my metabolism was at its lowest. Drink plenty of COLD water, unless you are working out.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

watch rocky and imitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Kyle I like your idea best but I will need a ticket to Russia and a hookup for a log cabin to stay in.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Become Bulimic, and starve yourself as much as possible. Start snorting Cocaine, or develope a Stomach ulcers. That last one worked for me when I was 15, but it was a pretty miserable time. Other than that I don't know too many ways, maybe diet and exercise.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:06 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Lipo?

Remember this though. At least you know you can look better instead of those really fat chicks (or guys) you see that wear super-skin-tight clothing and act like they are all hot. Well they will be on the beach and think the same thing. What I'm saying is that there will be alot of uglier things on the beach other than you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

eat healthy... eat slow... eat many meals, but small meals...

drink lots of water

excercise in the morning to jumpstart metabolism

count calories

LIFT YOUR LEGS... lunges, extensions, deadlifts, jog, stairmasters, etc.

if you want to have abs... you have to lose weight EVERYWHERE... doing situps will not erase the fat from your stomach.. it will just increase muscle size... maybe even make it look bigger. you need to diet as well.. and work out. working out your obliques are easy and also add to the ab look IMO.

i personally gave up on abs. its a lost cause. i just lift everything else to make everything to scale haha...

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

as everyone else here is saying... eat more often and make them small meals.

the low carb thing works great in conjunction with this, you will feel somewhat hungry for bread and sugar until your body makes the switch to burning stored fat, which makes it easier to eat more small meals, once your body makes the switch expect your energy to skyrocket. obviously do something with this energy, don't let your body get any ideas about going back into storage mode.

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post

if you want to have abs... you have to lose weight EVERYWHERE... doing situps will not erase the fat from your stomach.. it will just increase muscle size... maybe even make it look bigger. you need to diet as well.. and work out. working out your obliques are easy and also add to the ab look IMO.
I used to see this A LOT in the gym. Of course there is plenty of muscle there, but since the person(s) didn't decide to do plenty of cardio before starting heavy muscle building excercise, a lot of the fat just turned into muscle... Does NOT look good.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:22 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to topless67 Send a message via Yahoo to topless67

Hahah, the fat didn't turn into muscle. Likely they built up the muscle and b/c they did nothing to reduce their body fat % they look thicker b/c now they have the bulk of the fat & muscle tissue.

You can't spot reduce; to look leaner anywhere, esp abdominal area, you must reduce your overall body fat. This is achieved mostly through diet, though exercise is important & helps to increase your caloric defecit. You want to lose weight quick? Don't cheat -eat clean & work your *** off. AM cardio is especially recommended.
topless67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

south beach diet... i started feb 12 at 280 pounds... today i weigh 195
Old 07-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular