Any league/tourny bowlers among us? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Any league/tourny bowlers among us?

Anyone out there a league or tournament bowler? I'm looking for some new ball advice. I haven't really had the need for a new ball since I moved to louisiana 7 years due to the lane conditions being so dry compared to what I saw in western NY. But, it has come to that point where I think I am going to retire my old Reaper 2 I bought in 2001 or 2002 and move on to something else.

I've been out of the ball market for so long, I'm not sure what out there is any good anymore. What brand's cover stocks last and won't burn up after 50 games like the Old Lane 1 stuff used to...or crack if you leave a ball sit too long like the Ebonites would.

Just for reference, here are my stats:

Speed: 17-19 typically depending on the line I'm throwing.

Revs: High...range from a low end of around 350 if I'm playing something close to up the 10 board...to around 450-475 when I move in towards 15 or 20 or deeper.

I'm pretty versatile on what I can throw from straight up the twig to playing the 6 and 7th arrow when needed. I definitely need something that gets down the lane. Right now I have no problems with that with my reaper, in fact, that is the whole problem right now. It gets too far down the lane. It recovers, but way late. It works some nights when the oil seems to forget how to flow out the machine...but other nights like last night it makes for a frustrating night of weak 10s, adjustment only to go to stone 9s...rinse and repeat.

So, I think it's time to hang up the 10 year old equipment and get something fresh and new.

So...any suggestions?

For reference, I'm looking at the Lane 1 Time Bomb, Curve, or Blue Death right now. Open to any manufacture though...never thrown a storm. Have had good success with Columbia, Brunswick, faball and hammer in the past...and ebonite to some extent with their TPC series until they all split in half on me.
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Any league/tourny bowlers among us?

I used to run the circuit but got caught cheating on a bet and the bastards took my hand.Ever since then my life has been ****,I've turned to alcohol and can't even afford to pay the rent without doing some "favors" for the landlord.

On the bright side I have recently made friends with a Amish man who seems to have a natural talent for the game. With a little coaching from a former pro such as myself I am 100% positive I can get myself back to the status of the "Kingpin" I once was before.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Can I have bumpers?

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
Regular
Supporter

Anything you desire......you can actually use bumpers in the form of a drinking game,lol.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Well...pulled the trigger on a ball...something about the add campaign spoke to me...

Old 01-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
Regular
Supporter

Wow.....Id like to get my hands.....hand on that! Nice!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom
Anyone out there a league or tournament bowler? I'm looking for some new ball advice. I haven't really had the need for a new ball since I moved to louisiana 7 years due to the lane conditions being so dry compared to what I saw in western NY. But, it has come to that point where I think I am going to retire my old Reaper 2 I bought in 2001 or 2002 and move on to something else.

I've been out of the ball market for so long, I'm not sure what out there is any good anymore. What brand's cover stocks last and won't burn up after 50 games like the Old Lane 1 stuff used to...or crack if you leave a ball sit too long like the Ebonites would.

Just for reference, here are my stats:

Speed: 17-19 typically depending on the line I'm throwing.

Revs: High...range from a low end of around 350 if I'm playing something close to up the 10 board...to around 450-475 when I move in towards 15 or 20 or deeper.

I'm pretty versatile on what I can throw from straight up the twig to playing the 6 and 7th arrow when needed. I definitely need something that gets down the lane. Right now I have no problems with that with my reaper, in fact, that is the whole problem right now. It gets too far down the lane. It recovers, but way late. It works some nights when the oil seems to forget how to flow out the machine...but other nights like last night it makes for a frustrating night of weak 10s, adjustment only to go to stone 9s...rinse and repeat.

So, I think it's time to hang up the 10 year old equipment and get something fresh and new.

So...any suggestions?

For reference, I'm looking at the Lane 1 Time Bomb, Curve, or Blue Death right now. Open to any manufacture though...never thrown a storm. Have had good success with Columbia, Brunswick, faball and hammer in the past...and ebonite to some extent with their TPC series until they all split in half on me.
I use hammer and rhino, but don't use them if you don't throw a curve.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
I use hammer and rhino, but don't use them if you don't throw a curve.
I can play any part of the lane with any level of break. Whatever the lane gives me.

Rhino? Damn, that's some old stuff. I still have my purple and teal rhino pros in the closet. I've been using my two hammers, the reaper 2 and the high rev 3d offset. It's time for a bump up.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

I can play any part of the lane with any level of break. Whatever the lane gives me.

Rhino? Damn, that's some old stuff. I still have my purple and teal rhino pros in the closet. I've been using my two hammers, the reaper 2 and the high rev 3d offset. It's time for a bump up.
Nah, I can still bowl a 245 game with them so I think I'll keep them.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar