Weirder story that deserves its own thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Weirder story that deserves its own thread

WIVB TV4 Buffalo, Niagara Falls, New York News and Weather - Bizarre and Disturbing Dog Attack

Just more proof pit bulls are not a good pet idea...
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Weirder story that deserves its own thread

2:

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Good lord...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

The family wants the dog destroyed...but authorities are saying no??? Not yet???

That dog would be long dead by now if it was me.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
The family wants the dog destroyed...but authorities are saying no??? Not yet???

That dog would be long dead by now if it was me.
Would have only made it out the door...then boom.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

2: Holy ****!
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

jesus. poor kid.

and i read somewhere that pitt bulls are aggressive because there is an excess of some chemical in their brains... that same chemical causes depression in humans.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:36 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

is this the dog attack where it raped the 2 year old?

if so, i hold to my comment on stangnet or svtperformance where its less of the dogs fault and more of the owners for not watching their ****ing kid. it amazes me the kind of people that are parents these days.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
is this the dog attack where it raped the 2 year old?

if so, i hold to my comment on stangnet or svtperformance where its less of the dogs fault and more of the owners for not watching their ****ing kid. it amazes me the kind of people that are parents these days.
Exactly.

"Well my kid was only beating the dog with a bat, and then the dog bit his hand off and I don't know why!"
Old 07-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

its not always the dog, chances are they thought they were going to be hurt... some are more aggressive than others and its our fault for breeding them that way... I dont want to be around one cuz you simply dont know when they can snap.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

This is more than likely a result of poor dog ownership than a "natural born killer" dog breed. I personally love pits, I think my puppy is part pit and my next dog will probably be a pitbull. They are very cool dogs, and nothing better than saving a dog from being put down or forced to fight for the rest of its miserable life. Also, I have never heard of a dog "just snapping" on someone without it taunting it, beating it, etc. Would I be more careful around a pit than some other breeds? Yes, but only because they are VERY strong dogs and have an incredibly high tolerance for pain - not because they are killers. My puppy is 5 months old and 45 lbs. She can already beat me at tug of war and I can pick her up off the ground with her teeth (using a toy that she is holding). She has licked the inside of the oven when it has been at 450* for 40 minutes and jumped out of my Jeep while moving and cut herself up real good. Also, she is afraid of rain unless I am with her. She was in my backyard in the rain one day, I went outside the fence to take the trash out. She wanted to be with me and slammed her head into the gate so hard it bent the latch at a 45 degree angle. All of this and she has never cried or wimpered. All of that, and you will never meet a sweeter, more loving, or more loyal dog.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

that dog knows you saved it fast..

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
This is more than likely a result of poor dog ownership than a "natural born killer" dog breed. I personally love pits, I think my puppy is part pit and my next dog will probably be a pitbull. They are very cool dogs, and nothing better than saving a dog from being put down or forced to fight for the rest of its miserable life. Also, I have never heard of a dog "just snapping" on someone without it taunting it, beating it, etc. Would I be more careful around a pit than some other breeds? Yes, but only because they are VERY strong dogs and have an incredibly high tolerance for pain - not because they are killers. My puppy is 5 months old and 45 lbs. She can already beat me at tug of war and I can pick her up off the ground with her teeth (using a toy that she is holding). She has licked the inside of the oven when it has been at 450* for 40 minutes and jumped out of my Jeep while moving and cut herself up real good. Also, she is afraid of rain unless I am with her. She was in my backyard in the rain one day, I went outside the fence to take the trash out. She wanted to be with me and slammed her head into the gate so hard it bent the latch at a 45 degree angle. All of this and she has never cried or wimpered. All of that, and you will never meet a sweeter, more loving, or more loyal dog.
I with you !! My dog is a lab/pit mix and I couldn't ask for a better dog she greet me at the door, sometime she'll knock me down and start licking my face just showing her love,she can't get enough affection and is great with kids and other dogs and yet is very protected of the family
She plays rough and is very strong loves tug of war (My dog beats me as well Fast )and really loves when I wrap my arm in leather She'll run at me latch on my arm I swing her around from time to time she get a little to much jaw power clamping down on me. All I gotta say is OUCH and she lets go
She'll play games with Denise But the dog seems to know to tone it down and not play as rough with Denise as she does with me
But I much as I love my dog if she ever hurt anyone I'd shoot her in heartbeat I feel really sad for the parents and the kid Guess this dog took leg humping to a whole new level

P.S. - Can't get mine out in the rain either

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

My dog is the same way around small dogs/kids - gentle as can be. As soon as she is around me and big dogs though, she'll play as rough as you let her.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
its not always the dog, chances are they thought they were going to be hurt... some are more aggressive than others and its our fault for breeding them that way... I dont want to be around one cuz you simply dont know when they can snap.
That's any kind of dog. Of course some may be a tad more likely than others.....

It's the people that raise the dog. Or the fact that the dog may have been inbred. There are any number of reasons that could make a dog snap that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WITH THE BREED... Sides I bet atleast 50 percent of you don't even know what a true 100 percent AKC/CKC registered Pit Bull Terrier even looks like... This is probably another story about someone who thinks it is a pit...
Old 07-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My dog is the same way around small dogs/kids - gentle as can be. As soon as she is around me and big dogs though, she'll play as rough as you let her.

Our 75 pound boxer was the same way. Never had a problem out of her, and practically saved my wife's life.

I think if ANYONE is going to own a Pit or a Pit mix dog, or ANY large breed animal for that matter, they should be smart enough to realize what they are getting into. They should check the family line of the dog. What was the mother/father like? Are they inbred? Are they registered? Do your dam research

I also think that if anyone owns any kind of pit mix, or lab mix(labs are almost as strong as pits), that they should be registered dogs, or atleast be smart enough to know not to put them around kids..... Dogs are like weapons sometimes(as much as I hate to admit it). Dogs don't hurt people, dogs with irresponsible owners do.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

It's a shame that such dogs get such a bad reputation. When you meet responsible pet owners, even those with pitbulls, they will tell you how their children will even lay next to the dogs and they both take naps together. Unfortunately the media and ant-dog people like to downplay such lovable creatures. The media's story always tells of pitbull attacks and then shows the ghetto house were the owners raise them to fight, poor things.

My friend had a Lab mix. Six feet tall on it's hinds, skull was probably twice the size of mine. Every time I walked in his house he started jumping and waging his tail knocking over anything not strapped down, laying on those child gates, which would bend halfway, dog could easily push through it.

However and obedient this dog was some punk kid would tease the dog through the fence. Well one day it got out and went right after that kid and gave it a little nip since the kid threw rocks at it. The parents out lashed, the family defended it and wound up having to keep it in almost all day or else if the dog attacked again it would be put down. I felt bad for the family

Yeah, long story short, dogs are not dumb, treat them well they will be the best of the best. Cross them or treat them harsh and that is all they know and will act on those instincts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:48 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WITH THE BREED...
Quote:
I think if ANYONE is going to own a Pit or a Pit mix dog, or ANY large breed animal for that matter, they should be smart enough to realize what they are getting into.
I wish there was a smilie that could express how I feel.

Have any of you ever stopped to consider that Pit Bulls are genetically dispositioned to be insane? This isn't the first time this has happened. I've seen many stories of how a Pit was so sweet and loving to kids, blah blah blah.... and then eventually bit a kids arm off. Something makes them just snap.

I say we kill them all. They are a failure as a species, the end.

Anyone up for some bacon?

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:57 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Pop quiz:

What type of dog are these:

Old 07-17-2007, 07:02 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

According to the American Temperament Society, the American Pitbull Terrier (what a "real" pit is) scores better than German Shepards and Golden Retreivers, ATTS - American Temperament Test Society, Inc. - ATTS Breed Statistics
Old 07-17-2007, 07:16 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Pure bread is just a nicer way of saying inbread. All pure breeds of dogs are genetically predispositioned to have problems.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Pop quiz:

What type of dog are these:

Not pit bulls.

Pop quiz:

Which one of these is asparagus:

Scary stuff.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

True, but you get the point.....many different breeds that are labelled as pits are not American Pit Bull Terriers. If anyone cares they are: Presa Canario, Cane Corso Mastiff, and Dogo Argentino. So, a large percentage of reported "pit bull attacks" aren't even pit bulls.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:56 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

The breed....NOT its the people who breed them I have had two APBT and the first one I had was great the second one I got "Chopper" I did not check its background and I found out later the father was inbred and had to be put to sleep because it attacked the owner. Mine was a year old and was my wifes baby and she crawled in his bed to get something out one day and he latched on to her arm and started to attack her, I was not home she finally gor loose and shut him in the cage and locked it. She called me and was telling me waht happened and I could hear him in the background growling like a rabid dog I came home and took him to the vet and had him put to sleep. RIP Chopper
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chopper.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	17623  

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

/\ Which why you have to do your background checks on pure bread animals.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
True, but you get the point.....many different breeds that are labelled as pits are not American Pit Bull Terriers. If anyone cares they are: Presa Canario, Cane Corso Mastiff, and Dogo Argentino. So, a large percentage of reported "pit bull attacks" aren't even pit bulls.
Exactly... Now, the exception that makes the rule would be Chows...
Old 07-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Pure bread is just a nicer way of saying inbread. All pure breeds of dogs are genetically predispositioned to have problems.
So what about people who are 100% Italian, German, Indian, and so on?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:44 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
So what about people who are 100% Italian, German, Indian, and so on?
They are inbred at some point or other. We all are.

Scary stuff.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

So should we kill all of us also? :dunno: I sense a paradox.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
So should we kill all of us also? :dunno: I sense a paradox.
I didn't say to kill them because they were "inbred", but yes.

Scary stuff.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Puppy farms and trashy backyard breeders, yes, most of those dogs are probably inbred. A respected breeder who cares about their dogs, probably not inbred. I have met a few people that breed pitbulls and turn away most everyone that comes to buy one of their pups, even with cash in hand, because they don't think they are mature or responsible enough to own one of their puppies or they suspect they want to fight them. Thats a good breeder in my book

...and a picture of my "beast" because she's my baby and I am a picture whore....

Old 07-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

They are ALL inbred. We are ALL inbred. END of story. DAMN my shift key.

Scary stuff.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

So, all living creatures are inbred and inherently dispositioned to be aggressive and attack each other for no reason?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:
So, all living creatures are inbred and inherently dispositioned to be aggressive and attack each other for no reason?
that would explain the middle east now wouldnt it?

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hahahaha, I was just about to edit my post and add that word for word.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar