thinking about gettin a bike - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:02 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Since you weight 270, you should get a 600 no question....
Thats why I was thinking the ninja 500 I dont mind not going fast on a bike.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-21-2007, 03:36 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
Wrong! It smokes ANY BUELL! Raced a vr1000 honda and he couldn't catch me until I was topped out at the top end in 6th gear. Vrods smoke buells allday. Owned a vrod before this Stroker. Engine is used in drag bikes.Mated to a 6 speed with race clutch, the front end rises on shear excelleration without any clutch action. Complained my clutch was slipping but found it was spinning the rear tire. Check out a 120 cubic inch Jim's Stroker. Made in conjunction with harley davidson. It is a race engine. Not cheap. GGBIW
i seriously doubt that. what does a Vrod run in the quarter compared to any equivalent liter+ bike?

that would be something i would have to see to believe, and even then i would still highly doubt what i just saw.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Thumbs up Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
i seriously doubt that. what does a Vrod run in the quarter compared to any equivalent liter+ bike?

that would be something i would have to see to believe, and even then i would still highly doubt what i just saw.
How many Harleys have you owned? Call a Harley dealership,any of them and ask if a vrod smokes a buell. Ask about a Jim's Stroker. I have no need to lie. Vrods are the fastest stock harley you can own. PERIOD. Call any dealer.If they have sold a Jim's stroker they will verify what I've stated. I ride with a very fast Harley group and my bike is the one to beat. Vrods included. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

All I know is 2 stroke > 4 stroke.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
How many Harleys have you owned? Call a Harley dealership,any of them and ask if a vrod smokes a buell. Ask about a Jim's Stroker. I have no need to lie. Vrods are the fastest stock harley you can own. PERIOD. Call any dealer.If they have sold a Jim's stroker they will verify what I've stated. I ride with a very fast Harley group and my bike is the one to beat. Vrods included. GGBIW
lol i havent owned any nor would i want too. to me, harleys are the civics of the bike world, everyone and their mom has one. i have no doubts its fast, but cmon, a vrod versus a busa, yeah umm, duh.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:30 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Talking Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
lol i havent owned any nor would i want too. to me, harleys are the civics of the bike world, everyone and their mom has one. i have no doubts its fast, but cmon, a vrod versus a busa, yeah umm, duh.
Where did I say a vrod would beat a busa? I wouldn't mind owning one of those. Vrods do smoke buells. Call any harley dealership. They sell both. My son owns one. Not everyone has what I own. Harleys are a lot of fun,cruiser or stroker,to each their own. To bad you won't own one. You'll never know what your missing.That is the one make women love.Nothing wrong with the other bikes. I also own a 650R with the full honda racing kit. That's a thrill in the mountains. Maybe you'll change your mind someday. If you were nearbuy I'd let you take my stroker for a ride. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:54 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
matthews.stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 397
Re: thinking about gettin a bike



:drool: :drool: :drool:

I wish I could get one of those.
__________________
matthews.stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:14 AM   #43
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

God tom, you are the god of all things auto
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:08 AM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
Where did I say a vrod would beat a busa? I wouldn't mind owning one of those. Vrods do smoke buells. Call any harley dealership. They sell both. My son owns one. Not everyone has what I own. Harleys are a lot of fun,cruiser or stroker,to each their own. To bad you won't own one. You'll never know what your missing.That is the one make women love.Nothing wrong with the other bikes. I also own a 650R with the full honda racing kit. That's a thrill in the mountains. Maybe you'll change your mind someday. If you were nearbuy I'd let you take my stroker for a ride. GGBIW
ive rode a few already and eh. thats about all i can say is eh. ive been on my boss' firebolt and it was pretty sweet, ive yet to be on a VRod but they just dont appeal to me in any aspect, stance, look, or performance wise theres way better out there, especially for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
God tom, you are the god of all things auto
you are the god of all things ******
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
ive rode a few already and eh. thats about all i can say is eh. ive been on my boss' firebolt and it was pretty sweet, ive yet to be on a VRod but they just dont appeal to me in any aspect, stance, look, or performance wise theres way better out there, especially for the price.



you are the god of all things ******
Yeah,That's why I sold the vrod. wife complained after 60 miles on the back. didn't like my feet forward either.Has a small gas tank to boot. new ones are larger. They are wicked fast though. I believe they hold the 1/4 mile record now. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #46
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
you are the god of all things ******
woo woo haha... I need to stay away from the keyboard when I drink, I turn into a bigger ******* than usual haha.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:44 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
woo woo haha... I need to stay away from the keyboard when I drink, I turn into a bigger ******* than usual haha.
lol i was pretty gone last night too!
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:10 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
KyleUSAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Georgia
Posts: 802
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
lol i was pretty gone last night too!
yea me too
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
Where did I say a vrod would beat a busa? I wouldn't mind owning one of those. Vrods do smoke buells. Call any harley dealership.
Are you asking us to trust what a dealership tells us?
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Racin02GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: New York
Posts: 48
Send a message via AIM to Racin02GT
Re: thinking about gettin a bike



I think this is a hot color combo

This is the bike I will have by next spring
Racin02GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

for a starter I'd say a 500 cc cruiser or 250 cc sport bike

if you are heavier then I'd venture up to a 750cc cruiser possibly. I got my VT500 and it isn't the fastest thing out there by any means but it keeps up with traffic and I'm 250 lbs
__________________


"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

racin if you do that i would NOT buy one new i would definately buy one used because you WILL lay it down at some point and please be careful thats a bigbike to start out on
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:34 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
KyleUSAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Georgia
Posts: 802
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

it is quite a bike. good luck with it. apparently some of the 07's might have a valve problem but kawi hasnt said anything about it...i'd make sure u make sure u can hold the dealership responsible if something were to happen. break it in well and follow the schedule they give u so u dont screw up a fine investment.

the possible problem

also here
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:34 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Racin02GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: New York
Posts: 48
Send a message via AIM to Racin02GT
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

yeah i figure by next spring I whould be able to find a used one or atleast a left over... my roommate's bike was a left over got like 1500 off
Racin02GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: thinking about gettin a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racin02GT View Post


I think this is a hot color combo

This is the bike I will have by next spring
Smart man, Saki FTMFW!!!!
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone help Please Gettin Frustrated 02slowgt Mustang Audio & Video 1 12-19-2008 08:57 PM
Damn... guy gets hit on a bike, dude that hits the bike continues 20 blocks! Zim The Bar 16 06-04-2007 12:47 AM
im gettin really loopy Zim The Bar 9 04-10-2006 05:05 PM
Just when you think its gettin nice out... wiarumas The Bar 21 03-24-2005 07:03 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:21 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.