Sad day - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Unhappy Sad day

Well over the last month things have changed a lot. I've had to make some decisions I'm not excited about, but at the same time I know its the right thing to do. I have a wedding/honey moon coming up in about 7 months. Plus I will be starting school either this summer or next fall. So here is what I am left with to decide. I have two vehicles that dont get driven much. The mustang and my dad's f150. I've about exhausted all my options on what I can do. Now I absolutely love the mustang it's been a blast over the last 7 months. However I love my dad's truck and it has sentimental value, but one of them has to go. I have some very important changes coming up that needs to take priority over the fun cars. So I'm at the point where I am going to have to let the mustang go. I couldn't imagine letting my dads truck go over the mustang. It's the only thing I really have that was my dads and we both had wrench time on it. So here in a couple of weeks the stang will be on the market to be sold. I wont be gone from a mustang for long though. Once I'm out of school and have a house(should be beginning of next year) I'll either buy another used mustang or depending on finances might go for a new 5.0 like I've wanted since they came out. It's going to suck though letting it go
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Sad day

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Awww. Sorry to hear that but I completely understand. You can't let go of something so sentimental. Some things have more importance than others. I remember when you got the Mustang. You'll be in one again soon enough! Good luck with everything!

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Other

It always sucks letting them go, but this is what I had to do with both of my old ones. My '85 was sold because I found out my ex was prego so that we coud both get a car. Turned out the kid wasn't even mine. I sold the '84 when my current gf was about 7 months along because it was not logical transportation for a newborn and going into winter, so I bought a Jeep. Sold the Jeep, and we came into some money so I bought the Cobra, and she got her '02 GT.
My point here is, everything happens for a reason, and sometimes you have to do things that it hurts you to do, but hopefully for you, you will end up with something even better down the road!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
Well over the last month things have changed a lot. I've had to make some decisions I'm not excited about, but at the same time I know its the right thing to do. I have a wedding/honey moon coming up in about 7 months. Plus I will be starting school either this summer or next fall. So here is what I am left with to decide. I have two vehicles that dont get driven much. The mustang and my dad's f150. I've about exhausted all my options on what I can do. Now I absolutely love the mustang it's been a blast over the last 7 months. However I love my dad's truck and it has sentimental value, but one of them has to go. I have some very important changes coming up that needs to take priority over the fun cars. So I'm at the point where I am going to have to let the mustang go. I couldn't imagine letting my dads truck go over the mustang. It's the only thing I really have that was my dads and we both had wrench time on it. So here in a couple of weeks the stang will be on the market to be sold. I wont be gone from a mustang for long though. Once I'm out of school and have a house(should be beginning of next year) I'll either buy another used mustang or depending on finances might go for a new 5.0 like I've wanted since they came out. It's going to suck though letting it go
sorry man,i hope everything works out for you.good luck with the house once you do get one,and don't worry you will own another soon.keep your chin up.
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Very sorry to hear the sad news man, but as said, you have to do what's feels right to you.

I've contemplated selling my current mustang for a v8, but me and my dad have a good amount of wrenchtime in it since I bought it in 05 and he passed away in 08, so I can't let it go...so I totally understand your decision.

Hope to see you in another mustang in the near future.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Fly to Vegas. Get married. Honeymoon Vegas style. Keep the ride. Win win.
Or don't get married and drive to Vegas and drink off what you just did. Win win.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Look on the bright side. There will be another and you get to start over and learn from the last
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Fiancé or car?
Old 02-06-2011, 04:40 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
Fiancé or car?
?
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 02-06-2011, 05:20 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Just messing with you man. You gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
Just messing with you man. You gotta do what you gotta do.
I figured but wasn't sure lol. I'll be back in a mustang later. Probably either a cobra or a new 5.0.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar