too old to drive - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Re: too old to drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White View Post
Listen up people here's one for you. I know a older guy he's 67 yrs old, 5'11",weights 200 lbs., is in great shape, has 20/20 vision, and doesn't wear glasses. He even has all his hair.
He drives a 2011 GT 6 speed Premium Coupe, Performance White with a black leather gut and complains about all the "OLD COOTS" on the road in his area.
I quess age is only a number in some cases.

And you know what? That guy is me.
That's awesome! Keep on truckin' man!

My step-dad unfortunately is only 60 and has early alzheimers and cannot drive anymore. He used to get in wrecks all of the time. I would be driving somewhere and see him on the side of the road after he rear-ended someone and have to call my mom. He had to be put in assisted living.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post

My step-dad unfortunately is only 60 and has early alzheimers and cannot drive anymore. He used to get in wrecks all of the time. I would be driving somewhere and see him on the side of the road after he rear-ended someone and have to call my mom. He had to be put in assisted living.
sorry about that,i hope he is doing ok now.
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:30 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Look guys I agree but the elderly have already paid their debt to society. It they wanna drive slow pass em. I just can't pick on the weak. I do agree with 6 month drivers license testing after 60 tho. The roads would be safer however remember that one day that will be us and the younger generation will be saying these exact words about you and i
Exactly...the way I see it, they are prob retired and have nowhere to be at any certain time. Just out enjoying the view. Can't wait to never have any time schedules to meet!!!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

country kitchen buffet anyone?

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang View Post
Exactly...the way I see it, they are prob retired and have nowhere to be at any certain time. Just out enjoying the view. Can't wait to never have any time schedules to meet!!!
yes,but you can still do that faster lol
Old 02-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Just because your car can go fast doesn't mean it has to lol...its nice to just cruise and enjoy the scenery every once in awhile. Just bc my bike will do 196mph doesn't mean I do it every day lol...WILL break 200 one day!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang View Post
Just because your car can go fast doesn't mean it has to lol...its nice to just cruise and enjoy the scenery every once in awhile. Just bc my bike will do 196mph doesn't mean I do it every day lol...WILL break 200 one day!
lol
Old 02-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang
The Ducati is the only one I broke 200 (213 clocked) with and it scared the piss out of me, never again!... Maybe on a controlled track but not I-10, every little uneven piece of road will make you **** a brick....
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
The Ducati is the only one I broke 200 (213 clocked) with and it scared the piss out of me, never again!... Maybe on a controlled track but not I-10, every little uneven piece of road will make you **** a brick....
lol I've got an 04 CBR1000RR, but its set up for the track mainily. Aarow motoGP full titanium exhaust, power commander V, ignition module, custom tune from DynoJet, +2/-1 sprockets, BMC race intake and iridium plugs lol...there's pics of it on here under the Tail of the Dragon recent post
Old 02-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:

lol I've got an 04 CBR1000RR, but its set up for the track mainily. Aarow motoGP full titanium exhaust, power commander V, ignition module, custom tune from DynoJet, +2/-1 sprockets, BMC race intake and iridium plugs lol...there's pics of it on here under the Tail of the Dragon recent post
I currently have an 07 cbr1000rr, stock minus the power commander and the frame sliders... I'm going to play with the stang before I do anything to the bike, I have a white cbr600rr also that is a stunt bike, cage, power commander, skid plate and sprockets done to it
Old 02-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

yeah I murdered my cbr600SE lol, not really much else to do to my 1000rr except learn to ride better haha. I spent a crap ton of days at the track last year. Here's a pic (was a video just cut the frame into a pic) with my GoPro HD cam on the back
Old 02-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:
yeah I murdered my cbr600SE lol, not really much else to do to my 1000rr except learn to ride better haha. I spent a crap ton of days at the track last year. Here's a pic (was a video just cut the frame into a pic) with my GoPro HD cam on the back
How do you like those gopro cameras?! And ya they just built a track here in southern az, 70$ a day for unlimited riding! ****s so much fun
Old 02-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
How do you like those gopro cameras?! And ya they just built a track here in southern az, 70$ a day for unlimited riding! ****s so much fun
LOVE IT, it takes awesome videos. I got hooked up by Brad (owner of superbikesupply.com) and he hooked me up with the whole kit for $200...the camera itself normally costs 350 alone lol
Old 02-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:

LOVE IT, it takes awesome videos. I got hooked up by Brad (owner of superbikesupply.com) and he hooked me up with the whole kit for $200...the camera itself normally costs 350 alone lol
That's dope!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

yeah he's a good dude. 1000rr.net is his forum. Did that pic show up that I posted on here? Its not that clear but it was on the lowest pixel setting and I paused it and cut the frame lol
Old 02-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:
yeah he's a good dude. 1000rr.net is his forum. Did that pic show up that I posted on here? Its not that clear but it was on the lowest pixel setting and I paused it and cut the frame lol
Ya i saw the pic, ****s dope...
Old 02-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Drag a knee son! lol Thanks man
Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport
Tucson is a snow bird town so we get all the old retirees down here during the winter who can't drive for sh**!!! it's either 20 yr olds or 70 yr olds...
Out where I am is snow bird town to I'm learning to not go to my local Fry's market on the first Wednesday of the month it's loaded with blue hairs as my Dad and Mom would say!!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White
Listen up people here's one for you. I know a older guy he's 67 yrs old, 5'11",weights 200 lbs., is in great shape, has 20/20 vision, and doesn't wear glasses. He even has all his hair.
He drives a 2011 GT 6 speed Premium Coupe, Performance White with a black leather gut and complains about all the "OLD COOTS" on the road in his area.
I quess age is only a number in some cases.

And you know what? That guy is me.
There you go!! My dad was 69 and I would trust him with my life he was an awesome driver!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

Aww that sucks my Grandma had Alzheimers that's the worst I told my Sis she had to put me down if I get that!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar