First ticket. Dispute? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
K I just read this whole thread. It's 120 lil mustang bro...go to court and say sorry and see if they will eliminate the points on your licence. It's not a huge deal. But ya,this one ain't worth lying for
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #37

Region: Minnesota
I do respect the volunteer position, that is honorable and would be tough to deal with that, so if you've done that though you should be able to see the results of actions. I agree with the ones that say to plead the honest case and hope for leniency. Sincere remorse for that does help. But if it's a pattern or anything like that isnt it only fair getting the consequences? First time offenders usually aren't the problem
Turro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
I am a volunteer firefighter in the town I live in so I get nominated to go find the body parts that aren't attached anymore I also scrape up the mess of the street and have been the first responder on 3 fires so save the lecture. This is real world and it revolves around money. I stand by my original statement and admit fault to your mama and your god but win in court
That's great. Glad you provide your community and represent the rest of us in thie manner. Your work is def appreciated and you deserve to be honored.
BUT
93CobraGuy hits it spot on with his last post. I just have a hard time imagining you standing in court fighting a ticket that somebody you know wrote you and you telling "the crown" that the officer is a liar, espescially considering it's quite the contray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
Now, if you cheat on your girlfriend, DENY DENY DENY!!
Probably the best advice anyone could ever share.... Hats off to you!
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
K I just read this whole thread. It's 120 lil mustang bro...go to court and say sorry and see if they will eliminate the points on your licence. It's not a huge deal. But ya,this one ain't worth lying for
On this note.. let enjoy some beer and talk about tities and ***. Seems like we're over this thread. Derailment time.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turro
I do respect the volunteer position, that is honorable and would be tough to deal with that, so if you've done that though you should be able to see the results of actions. I agree with the ones that say to plead the honest case and hope for leniency. Sincere remorse for that does help. But if it's a pattern or anything like that isnt it only fair getting the consequences? First time offenders usually aren't the problem
Sorry bud. I hadn't read the whole thread before I started chirping. Honestly this ticket aint worth the hassle of the battle and if he walks into court after talking with the crown I don't doubt the crown will cut him a break. Just as long as he takes the break given and learns from the error it should turn out fine
Old 02-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #41

No problem and I hope there aren't hard feelings toward me and I don't against anyone. I can see the differing opinions and that's why I usually stick out of the conversations but wanted to try and explain different points to keep in mind.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #42
Road Trip!

Region: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turro View Post
No problem and I hope there aren't hard feelings toward me and I don't against anyone. I can see the differing opinions and that's why I usually stick out of the conversations but wanted to try and explain different points to keep in mind.
Dude, you're good! The way you express those opinions is what sets people apart from the ********.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #43

I won't say I'm not an *******, I pull through with honors on that a lot too, I've just learned a lot from experiences and interacting and all and hope to come off ok. Im not as responsible and dull as all this may represent too, but just have learned from things
Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #44
Road Trip!

No hard feelings here turro. The freeflow of ideas is what makes the forums worthwhile reading. And how they are expressed. No 2 people are the same and different viewpoints are necessary for learning,and you do raise valid points...I am glad to see differing viewpoints exchanged,then we are seeing a whole picture. Not just looking down a tunnel
Old 02-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #45

I agree, everyone sees and thinks differently. I worked at a corrections place and learned many criticisms of the law and all, and knew reasonings and the other side, and then with my mess-ups with the law have experiences that way too. Lots of points have bits and pieces of validity, just need structure and info for backing. I had my complaints working for it, but learned justifications for it too and so in the grand picture some things are lesser evils. Anyway, politics, religion, women, all of that there's varying degrees, not right or wrong, so it's always a debate
Old 02-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #46
Road Trip!

If it has tits or wheels it's gonna be trouble
Old 02-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by everett
if it has tits or wheels it's gonna be trouble
+ 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Quote:
If it has tits or wheels it's gonna be trouble
Agreed!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #49

Region: Oklahoma

i dont know your laws but if the cop had a camera on his car like they do here and showed you rolling a stop sign you would look like a lier and i would rather have points than be a lier.i would save the lying for when im caught doing 95 in a 45.or 113 in a 60 and i do. if you dont you aint dfriving your mustang right
jfrullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrullo View Post
i dont know your laws but if the cop had a camera on his car like they do here and showed you rolling a stop sign you would look like a lier and i would rather have points than be a lier.i would save the lying for when im caught doing 95 in a 45.or 113 in a 60 and i do. if you dont you aint dfriving your mustang right
I save the lying for when I'm naughty with other females......That's about the only time I lie about anything.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrullo
Hahaha
Old 02-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turro
I usually stay out of these arguments, because I've been on both sides and have my own views that agree and disagree with all sides of arguments. I know it sucks getting caught doing something you're not supposed to, especially when it costs or you somehow lose out with it. I've spent quite a bit of money on my poor choices and messed up a ton of my future in ways that will cost me forever in ways. Out of all my mistakes about half of them I had fairly easy outs and loopholes. My parents put values in me if I screwed up that it was up to me to own up to it and face the consequences. After a while I quit doing things that were costing me (learning from mistakes and growing up). A few of my dumb moves had severe consequences from the start, and I can't say there wasn't a feeling of being cheated by the system or hit hard by it, but still faced it, and again, didn't do it again. I know some things seem trivial, but all things have evolved from some reasons or some negative incidents. Lots are because whatever the limits there's always people pushing and testing it and causing problems. I haven't drove over 5-10 mph over the speed limit because I don't want to pay speeding tickets. I take the 3 or 4 seconds to stop at stop signs because I figure it's a small amount of time to save a stop and tickets and whining about it after and feeling sorry for myself getting caught. It's pretty ridiculous getting mad at the cops for catching you messing up when you should think about that they wouldn't have caught you had you not did it. There's always exceptions where mistakes are made either way, I've also been part of that on both sides, but more likely than not the person getting caught was doing something wrong. Adding costs of fighting all that stuff and hurts a lot of positive things too. Think about the time a cop takes to come to court to deal with whining because of getting caught breaking the law takes him away from doing services too. Maybe someone is stealing your car and he's too busy dealing with court to catch the crook or after all the time wasted in court doesn't really motivate him to work extra hard to find it. I'm more than assuming then he'd be looked at as the ******* then too. Kinda thankless job but somehow people are entitled to all the benefits of it but also just crap on it, and make it harder yet for them. (no I'm not a cop nor ever have wanted to be one, but have seen both sides of it and dealt with them and the other thankless jobs we count on). Other things to think of are how many have gotten in accidents and deaths and all from all of these things. Plead your case to anyone who comes on here and says someone didn't stop at a stopsign and killed a loved one. Probably wouldn't get too much pity from them.
You dont get the death penalty for small things so if it's that important to do it than take responsibility for it. Some brag about driving insane speeds or whatever, so if they're that proud of that then they should be just as proud to take all that comes with it. As one example, so many whine about drinking and driving and getting caught. I did it a few times and got caught on a technicality. Didn't fight it or whine. Said I messed up, got my stuff done and haven't since. I've actually not had a drop in nearing 3 years. A friend of mine thought he was so cool doing it. Kinda had a different thought as he killed another close friend. He put the other in the seat for it and escaped the repricussions of it. I've also seen what that's done for him and wouldn't wish it on anyone, and that's not mentioning what the family and friends feel that lost the other.
Theres much worse out there Than a slap on the wrist fine or whatever, and sometimes people should get to experience something worse to realize it. Usually the innocents get messed up in the process, which is the ones I feel sorry for and should have the ability to get out of it.
If it's necessary to do whatever you should be fine dealing with the results, good or bad.
I didn't want to make this a novel, but I always hope people have the pride to make all this a debate.
Thanks for taking the time in writing that, I like how you aren't biased like saleen (don't get mad). I don't care about the fine, I care about the points and another one will suspend me for a while, give me a roughly 1000 fine and I have to wait another 2 years to get my full license, I understand what I did was wrong but here everyones opinion is "go dispute it, if he does show up and you lose, the worst that can happen is you have to pay the fine", so maybe pleading guilty will give me a smaller fine but not guilty is more of a risk and I accept that. Since then I have stopped at all stop signs and I only learnt the bad habit from my sister who drives like a maniac (and has never had a speeding ticket in her life) she goes 80 at 50s, she taught me to drive and I thought that was normal. I only was saying ******* cop because I had just got the ticket and was angry, I don't actually hate cops i know he was doing his job (I don't like them tho :p)

But If you believe that people should pay the consequence of all their crimes I have to disagree, because I would not be able to write in jail as many people here would be as well.
\_\
MadGatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

K I am pretty sure the cop has to show up if your gonna fight it. Talk to the crown when you show up to court and see what kind of deal they will cut you. All this info the Americans are giving you has no bearing and does not apply to your situation. We have alot of different rules in Canada. In Saskatchewan and Ontario the cop has to come to court. No exceptions so talk to the crown when you get to court,they will reduce the charges for a guilty plea but stand your ground and keep your story simple and straight. Good luck
Here the chances of the cop not showing up and you getting free is actually very high, like 20-40% at least. You may be right that this battle is not worth lying about, but In the personal experiences ive gone through, and everyone has lived a different life, I live by my old friends quote. "Deny until you Die"
\_\
Old 02-17-2011, 02:19 AM   #54
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter

Here the chances of the cop not showing up and you getting free is actually very high, like 20-40% at least. You may be right that this battle is not worth lying about, but In the personal experiences ive gone through, and everyone has lived a different life, I live by my old friends quote. "Deny until you Die"
There is a serious lack of police in bc and honestly I have fought every ticket I ever got and not once has the officer shown up. Honestly talk to the crown and see if they will cut a deal. If they won't tell them you want to fight it. Then tell em your broke and you want legal aid. That will drag it out for at least 6 months. Then if legal aid denies you appeal it. Then you will get denied but appeal again. You can do this 3 times. Then the judge will tell you to get a lawyer. Now you have 6 months to get a lawyer. Now it's a year and a half later and you still havent gone on trial. I did this with an impaired 4 years ago. I dragged it on so long the crown withdrew the charges. Use the system to your advantage.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

There is a serious lack of police in bc and honestly I have fought every ticket I ever got and not once has the officer shown up. Honestly talk to the crown and see if they will cut a deal. If they won't tell them you want to fight it. Then tell em your broke and you want legal aid. That will drag it out for at least 6 months. Then if legal aid denies you appeal it. Then you will get denied but appeal again. You can do this 3 times. Then the judge will tell you to get a lawyer. Now you have 6 months to get a lawyer. Now it's a year and a half later and you still havent gone on trial. I did this with an impaired 4 years ago. I dragged it on so long the crown withdrew the charges. Use the system to your advantage.
Will keep this In mind if I do something serious in the future, that's exactly what my buddy said. 'use the system to your advantage'
\_\
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

If it makes any of you guys feel anybetter, I got my first DWI last night or this morning @ 5AM
Old 02-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #57
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend
If it makes any of you guys feel anybetter, I got my first DWI last night or this morning @ 5AM
Lol. What were you coming back from at 5 in the morning?
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #58

I never like seeing people get tickets, including myself, if whatever happens and doesnt involve anyone or anything hurt that at least is good. sometimes it's a good eyeopener. Circumstances are a big part.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #59
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Always fight tickets and never answer cops when they ask if you know why they pulled you over cuz if you say 'ya, I was speeding' then you admitted guilt, I get out of 2/3 of my tickets just cause I show up to court an the officer doesn't! Always go to court! Worst that can happen is the ticket is still there... Best is you pay $0 and the cop looks like a **** bag
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #60
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

I save the lying for when I'm naughty with other females......That's about the only time I lie about anything.
Hahaha that would be a good time to lie...
Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

*emails thread to certain agencies*

I've never gotten a ticket I didn't deserve...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #62
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I've never gotten a ticket I didn't deserve...
I have

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

I have
Me too
Old 02-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #64
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
Me too
Just think of all the ones you didn't get that you did deserve by not getting caught!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #65
Road Trip!

Quote:

Just think of all the ones you didn't get that you did deserve by not getting caught!
Hey now! I like those times an hopefully plenty more because last time I got busted I lost my license and it cost me 6000$ to get back!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #66
Road Trip!

Quote:
Hey now! I like those times an hopefully plenty more because last time I got busted I lost my license and it cost me 6000$ to get back!
Damn, what did you do, sodomise the Judge's daughter or something?
Old 02-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #67
Road Trip!

Quote:

Damn, what did you do, sodomise the Judge's daughter or something?
More like got a restraining order against satans daughter!... I was on my rocket and got 1 felony flight dropped to misdemeanor but kept felony fine, 3 stop lights, 4 stop signs, 2 reckless endangerments on myself, excessive speed, exhibition of speed, all through 2 counties oh and attempted aircraft evasion (didn't know that was even possible till I went to court).... Good ****, I've grown up alot since then...
Old 02-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #68
Road Trip!

Quote:
More like got a restraining order against satans daughter!... I was on my rocket and got 1 felony flight dropped to misdemeanor but kept felony fine, 3 stop lights, 4 stop signs, 2 reckless endangerments on myself, excessive speed, exhibition of speed, all through 2 counties oh and attempted aircraft evasion (didn't know that was even possible till I went to court).... Good ****, I've grown up alot since then...
A couple of those reasons constitutes my not going to Kansas. Misdemanors, but still have warrants out there from over 5 years ago!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:09 AM   #69
Road Trip!

Quote:

A couple of those reasons constitutes my not going to Kansas. Misdemanors, but still have warrants out there from over 5 years ago!
Haha ya... I'm that way with ohio... Luckily they are a nonreport state
Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

Haha ya... I'm that way with ohio... Luckily they are a nonreport state
Lol you guys are crazy, escaping the law running into different states. makes me feel like a do gooder.
\_\

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar