First ticket. Dispute? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter View Post
Thanks for taking the time in writing that, I like how you aren't biased like saleen (don't get mad). I don't care about the fine, I care about the points and another one will suspend me for a while, give me a roughly 1000 fine and I have to wait another 2 years to get my full license, I understand what I did was wrong but here everyones opinion is "go dispute it, if he does show up and you lose, the worst that can happen is you have to pay the fine", so maybe pleading guilty will give me a smaller fine but not guilty is more of a risk and I accept that. Since then I have stopped at all stop signs and I only learnt the bad habit from my sister who drives like a maniac (and has never had a speeding ticket in her life) she goes 80 at 50s, she taught me to drive and I thought that was normal. I only was saying ******* cop because I had just got the ticket and was angry, I don't actually hate cops i know he was doing his job (I don't like them tho :p)

But If you believe that people should pay the consequence of all their crimes I have to disagree, because I would not be able to write in jail as many people here would be as well.

Biased? I'm not understanding you--Are you assuming that I am basing my opinion strictly from religion?

Everyone pays to play. I got my DWI. Gave the officer NO EVIDENCE until I was required to provide a breathlyzer or blood test (we have no right of refusal in my parish) and will be paying the cost while accepting the penalties. Yes, I will go speak to whomever I can about having this esponged from my license. Although, I will not be denying the fact that I broke the law and am responsible for my actions. I knew it was against the law and I knew well ahead of time what I was risking. Just like he knew since he was a toddler not to run a stop sign.

I don't understand why me voicing my opinions strongly has upset any of you. He was obviously looking for advice from us and well he got every side of it. I enjoy debates. I enjoy having someone make me look at different things from different sides. I'm not necissarily going to sway one direction or another unless strong evidence suggest that I am wrong or being unethical. There is no harm in debating and is deff the best way to understand different walks of life. It's probably what keeps me back on the forums so often. If I think someone is wrong and have a reason to beleive so, I will let you know. I'm deff not going to intervene on something I have no knowledge about (unless I am very clear about that fact by saying something like "I'm not really sure or IMO")
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #72
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter

Lol you guys are crazy, escaping the law running into different states. makes me feel like a do gooder.
Haha it's just Ohio... Nobody cares about anything there, it's the highest incarceration state in the US so they have better things to do than hunt me down for running on a crotch rocket
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #73
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
If it makes any of you guys feel anybetter, I got my first DWI last night or this morning @ 5AM

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Wow that sucks been there done that and learned a very expensive lesson not to mention 10 days in tent city! Not fun and now my hubby is paying the price he just did his 24 hours last week! Some times you just have to learn the hard way,pay the piper and thank god know one got killed! His total so far 1750.00! ouch!!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Nope, true story.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco View Post
Wow that sucks been there done that and learned a very expensive lesson not to mention 10 days in tent city! Not fun and now my hubby is paying the price he just did his 24 hours last week! Some times you just have to learn the hard way,pay the piper and thank god know one got killed! His total so far 1750.00! ouch!!
I'm just hoping to have the charges not show up on my insurance either through Esponging (or whatever) or Article 894 (something we get here thats kinda like a do not go to jail card - you pay the fine but it doesn't show up on your driving record.)
Old 02-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend

I'm just hoping to have the charges not show up on my insurance either through Esponging (or whatever) or Article 894 (something we get here thats kinda like a do not go to jail card - you pay the fine but it doesn't show up on your driving record.)
Wow nice not here in Az it falls off after 3 years so I'm good I had to have the blow device in my car for a year and other stuff to!Mine was 6 years ago there very hard on you out here in AZ
Old 02-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #78
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
In my youth while working in Detroit I got 2 dwi within 87 days. I was still on restriction when I got the second one. I was the only Canadian at the Dickerson center and then it filled up a few of us went to Wayne county. What a mess that was. I was stuck in that hole for 9 days before my lawyer got me out. Didn't learn much tho. I kept pushing my luck up until a few years ago. Something will happen in your life and then things will become clear. And you will make a different decision. Sorry about the impaired but I have got no sympathy. I hope you have to go to that mothers against drunk driving class they make convicted impaired drivers go to in other states. It's enlightening
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett
In my youth while working in Detroit I got 2 dwi within 87 days. I was still on restriction when I got the second one. I was the only Canadian at the Dickerson center and then it filled up a few of us went to Wayne county. What a mess that was. I was stuck in that hole for 9 days before my lawyer got me out. Didn't learn much tho. I kept pushing my luck up until a few years ago. Something will happen in your life and then things will become clear. And you will make a different decision. Sorry about the impaired but I have got no sympathy. I hope you have to go to that mothers against drunk driving class they make convicted impaired drivers go to in other states. It's enlightening
Yes it is! I did do MAD and my Husband dose his in march. I didn't get a lawyer I got what was coming to me,I deserved it and so I did my time! Not fun never thought I'd ever be in jail in my life! Lesson learned! I only had 1 and it was 6 years ago! My husband didn't learn by mine but then again I didn't know him then, I told him about it he still didn't under stand why I wouldn't even have one beer and drive! He now understands! some times people have to learn on there own! Just lucky know got hurt!
Old 02-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

A female police officer pulled over a drunk man.she said anything you say will be held against you. the drunk yells"TITTIES: sorry just had to though that in there!
Old 02-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #81
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Lol, love that joke
Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco View Post
A female police officer pulled over a drunk man.she said anything you say will be held against you. the drunk yells"TITTIES: sorry just had to though that in there!
AHAHAHAHA!
Old 02-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #83
Road Trip!

Region: Other

I'm glad I don't drink!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #84
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Oh to the OP, Don't even bother disputing. Only time I'll ever dispute is if I get a ticket I really don't deserve
Old 02-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #85
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
I'm glad I don't drink!
I stopped drinking just two months ago... Went from half a fifth a day to 0!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #86
Road Trip!

I was just never really into drinking. I liked the reefer when I was younger. Now the only bad habit I have is smoking cigarettes. Gotta quit that too I guess.....
Old 02-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
I was just never really into drinking. I liked the reefer when I was younger. Now the only bad habit I have is smoking cigarettes. Gotta quit that too I guess.....
I quit that about 3 months ago. Cold Turkey. It's the only way I can do it.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #88
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend

I quit that about 3 months ago. Cold Turkey. It's the only way I can do it.
I did it the same way! 5 months ago I was leaving work and decided I didn't want to smoke anymore so I took one out, gave the rest to a security guard and smoked it on the way home and haven't touched on since, 1 1/2 packs a day to 0! All with the help of jolly ranchers lol if you don't do it cold turkey you never will!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:08 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco

I'm good I had to have the blow device in my car for a year and other stuff to!
Excuse me mr homeless man, I'm a little intoxicated here's 5$ to blow something in my car.

Lols at the hot cop joke
\_\
MadGatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:11 AM   #90
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter View Post
Excuse me mr homeless man, I'm a little intoxicated here's 5$ to blow something in my car.
I wonder if that would be considered solicitation for prostitution?
Old 02-19-2011, 04:25 AM   #91
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

Lol
Old 02-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
lol!!
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar