First ticket. Dispute? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 68
First ticket. Dispute?

I was driving my girl home at 12, in my sisters car for now, and going down this hill I always just slow then go on this stop sign, this cop was parked, off on my right, up the hill so he has low visibility to where I'm coming from (both roads are on a hill) well needless to say he pulled me over with a 3 point fine of not following traffic devices and gave me a 120$ fine. I live In Canada with ICBC as the only insurance, I'm thinking of saying that I stopped before the stop sign (like a couple feet behind it because it's a hill) then I creeped and didn't see any cars that were on, then he came and gave me a ticket. My girl can testify (I didn't actually) but think I have a good chance of winning even if he does show up?

Long thread but wanted to give all the details
__________________
O o
/¯/__________________________
|BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!
\_\
MadGatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-15-2011, 03:11 AM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Fight it. What have you got to lose. Trust me the cop won't even show up to court and your walking out brother. Where in bc are ya
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Not sure about Canada but the Cop does not have to be present if he provides a written statement or testimony (aka Report). Karma is a *****. You get away this time for lying and you'll pay for it later. Go talk to the DA or the Cheif in your area and see if they will reduce the ticket or points to a non-moving violation if you pay the fine. They will more than likely understand and be willing to help you out since you are a first time offender.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend
Not sure about Canada but the Cop does not have to be present if he provides a written statement or testimony (aka Report). Karma is a *****. You get away this time for lying and you'll pay for it later. Go talk to the DA or the Cheif in your area and see if they will reduce the ticket or points to a non-moving violation if you pay the fine. They will more than likely understand and be willing to help you out since you are a first time offender.
Really.... The cop doesn't have to show up in America eh.... Here if you fight it he has to give sworn testimony
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Really.... The cop doesn't have to show up in America eh.... Here if you fight it he has to give sworn testimony
Sworn testimony, my friend has gotten 23 tickets the past year, half were no shows and like 6 of them he won due to different things, most were speeding tickets tho, he always used the defense 'do you have proof? The number on your gadget from the day? No? No evidence'

Lying does catch up with you but If it's about a ticket from an ******* cop who waits at a speedtrap on valentines day, cause he couldn't get a date and thinks if he can't get laid nobody can. I'll lie to a cop

So anyways u guys think I got a good chance of winning?
__________________
O o
/¯/__________________________
|BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!
\_\
MadGatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett
Fight it. What have you got to lose. Trust me the cop won't even show up to court and your walking out brother. Where in bc are ya
Vancouver island in Courtenay, your in Alberta right?
__________________
O o
/¯/__________________________
|BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!
\_\
MadGatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter

Vancouver island in Courtenay, your in Alberta right?
Saskatoon
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Saskatoon
Ah my bad, is that a city?
__________________
O o
/¯/__________________________
|BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!
\_\
MadGatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter View Post
Sworn testimony, my friend has gotten 23 tickets the past year, half were no shows and like 6 of them he won due to different things, most were speeding tickets tho, he always used the defense 'do you have proof? The number on your gadget from the day? No? No evidence'

Lying does catch up with you but If it's about a ticket from an ******* cop who waits at a speedtrap on valentines day, cause he couldn't get a date and thinks if he can't get laid nobody can. I'll lie to a cop

So anyways u guys think I got a good chance of winning?
Yea, the ******* cop... the cop who is working to protect and serve on this special Valentines Day for you guys, when he would probably rather be at home enjoying his time with his family or wife. I forget, he's the *******....

You broke the law, you didn't stop. Really, it sucks, I know. I've done it. Go talk to the DA and ask for help. Be honest, respectful, and kind it will get you further.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I got a big ticket on Easter once lol
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 839
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

As much as I hate to admit it Saleenfiend is right, you were in the wrong and need punished for it. Maybe not as strict of a punishment but why lie about it, one lie leeds to alot of lies. Learn how to stop at stop signs or face the punishment when you do wrong.

Its no different then opening your door at the market and scratching or denting someone elses car and saying "oh well, they shouldn't be parked that close to me" When they were parked first.

******* cop!! Sounds more like ******* kid thats going to lie to get out of a ticket and get his girlfriend to lie too.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter

Ah my bad, is that a city?
Yup... About dead center in Saskatchewan. In the center if the country. The prairies are my home
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
06mustangmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 812
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter View Post
I was driving my girl home at 12, in my sisters car for now, and going down this hill I always just slow then go on this stop sign, this cop was parked, off on my right, up the hill so he has low visibility to where I'm coming from (both roads are on a hill) well needless to say he pulled me over with a 3 point fine of not following traffic devices and gave me a 120$ fine. I live In Canada with ICBC as the only insurance, I'm thinking of saying that I stopped before the stop sign (like a couple feet behind it because it's a hill) then I creeped and didn't see any cars that were on, then he came and gave me a ticket. My girl can testify (I didn't actually) but think I have a good chance of winning even if he does show up?

Long thread but wanted to give all the details
good luck,i don't know how they are their but i've beat alot of tickets here.it's worth trying than just taking the points
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangmike
good luck,i don't know how they are their but i've beat alot of tickets here.it's worth trying than just taking the points
Yea, cops don't care they just need to fill a quota is what I've heard. The worst that can happen is I end up paying the fine, sure I'm in the wrong but if you had to pay 150$ every time you went 10km past the speed limit you'd be pissed too.

What if the cops win and in 20 years the streets have speed detectors that automatically ticket you whenever you go a bit too fast?
__________________
O o
/¯/__________________________
|BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!
\_\
MadGatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter View Post
Yea, cops don't care they just need to fill a quota is what I've heard. The worst that can happen is I end up paying the fine, sure I'm in the wrong but if you had to pay 150$ every time you went 10km past the speed limit you'd be pissed too.

What if the cops win and in 20 years the streets have speed detectors that automatically ticket you whenever you go a bit too fast?
Then American's would have to follow the speed limit laws or pay the fines becuase they would be able to enforce the law even better.. Isn't that how it's supposed to work already? We already have this with Traffic Light Cameras and the vans parked on the side of the street.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:12 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

find some friends that know local police and talk to them and see what they recommend.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend

Then American's would have to follow the speed limit laws or pay the fines becuase they would be able to enforce the law even better.. Isn't that how it's supposed to work already? We already have this with Traffic Light Cameras and the vans parked on the side of the street.
I guess car manufacturers will have to make their cars max speed 110km/h. Bye bye v8. I heard they're actually trying to get that passed.
__________________
O o
/¯/__________________________
|BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!
\_\
MadGatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

some places let you go to some form of traffic school to keep a violation off your record. You did break the law so you might just want to suck it up and do the school~
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter View Post
I guess car manufacturers will have to make their cars max speed 110km/h. Bye bye v8. I heard they're actually trying to get that passed.
I love how your soo cynical.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #20
Registered User
Newbie
 
Turro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 16
I usually stay out of these arguments, because I've been on both sides and have my own views that agree and disagree with all sides of arguments. I know it sucks getting caught doing something you're not supposed to, especially when it costs or you somehow lose out with it. I've spent quite a bit of money on my poor choices and messed up a ton of my future in ways that will cost me forever in ways. Out of all my mistakes about half of them I had fairly easy outs and loopholes. My parents put values in me if I screwed up that it was up to me to own up to it and face the consequences. After a while I quit doing things that were costing me (learning from mistakes and growing up). A few of my dumb moves had severe consequences from the start, and I can't say there wasn't a feeling of being cheated by the system or hit hard by it, but still faced it, and again, didn't do it again. I know some things seem trivial, but all things have evolved from some reasons or some negative incidents. Lots are because whatever the limits there's always people pushing and testing it and causing problems. I haven't drove over 5-10 mph over the speed limit because I don't want to pay speeding tickets. I take the 3 or 4 seconds to stop at stop signs because I figure it's a small amount of time to save a stop and tickets and whining about it after and feeling sorry for myself getting caught. It's pretty ridiculous getting mad at the cops for catching you messing up when you should think about that they wouldn't have caught you had you not did it. There's always exceptions where mistakes are made either way, I've also been part of that on both sides, but more likely than not the person getting caught was doing something wrong. Adding costs of fighting all that stuff and hurts a lot of positive things too. Think about the time a cop takes to come to court to deal with whining because of getting caught breaking the law takes him away from doing services too. Maybe someone is stealing your car and he's too busy dealing with court to catch the crook or after all the time wasted in court doesn't really motivate him to work extra hard to find it. I'm more than assuming then he'd be looked at as the ******* then too. Kinda thankless job but somehow people are entitled to all the benefits of it but also just crap on it, and make it harder yet for them. (no I'm not a cop nor ever have wanted to be one, but have seen both sides of it and dealt with them and the other thankless jobs we count on). Other things to think of are how many have gotten in accidents and deaths and all from all of these things. Plead your case to anyone who comes on here and says someone didn't stop at a stopsign and killed a loved one. Probably wouldn't get too much pity from them.
You dont get the death penalty for small things so if it's that important to do it than take responsibility for it. Some brag about driving insane speeds or whatever, so if they're that proud of that then they should be just as proud to take all that comes with it. As one example, so many whine about drinking and driving and getting caught. I did it a few times and got caught on a technicality. Didn't fight it or whine. Said I messed up, got my stuff done and haven't since. I've actually not had a drop in nearing 3 years. A friend of mine thought he was so cool doing it. Kinda had a different thought as he killed another close friend. He put the other in the seat for it and escaped the repricussions of it. I've also seen what that's done for him and wouldn't wish it on anyone, and that's not mentioning what the family and friends feel that lost the other.
Theres much worse out there Than a slap on the wrist fine or whatever, and sometimes people should get to experience something worse to realize it. Usually the innocents get messed up in the process, which is the ones I feel sorry for and should have the ability to get out of it.
If it's necessary to do whatever you should be fine dealing with the results, good or bad.
I didn't want to make this a novel, but I always hope people have the pride to make all this a debate.
Turro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #21
Registered User
Newbie
 
Turro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 16
And I know some will talk trash about what I just said. That's fine too. Some are above the law, better than everyone, and won't ever happen to them. I had the same thoughts before I realized it wasn't the case. Maybe it was getting to see all sides and reasonings to lots of the arguments. I don't wish bad on anyone, but sometimes karma does, that I believe in. I'm not an old know it all or some young punk with no life experiences either, I'm 29 and have had lots happen in life and sure haven't experienced it all, but there's enough bad stuff happening that someday it probably will affect most, and maybe then it will make sense.
Turro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #22
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turro View Post
And I know some will talk trash about what I just said. That's fine too. Some are above the law, better than everyone, and won't ever happen to them. I had the same thoughts before I realized it wasn't the case. Maybe it was getting to see all sides and reasonings to lots of the arguments. I don't wish bad on anyone, but sometimes karma does, that I believe in. I'm not an old know it all or some young punk with no life experiences either, I'm 29 and have had lots happen in life and sure haven't experienced it all, but there's enough bad stuff happening that someday it probably will affect most, and maybe then it will make sense.
A few more breaks in your original post would have been nice, but other than that, nicely put.
Do the crime, you gotta pay the fine.
Personally I haven't had a ticket for over 5 years, because I'm actually a way more responsible driver than a lot of people realise. I still do dumb ***** that I could get in trouble for, and when I'm doing that, I'm ready to accept the consequences if and when I get caught, because it's just a matter of time before I do.
Oddly enough though, I haven't been caught for 3% of that dumb stuff I do. Very rarely do I break the speed limit above 10mph over, and I NEVER run stop signs or lights.
Two extra seconds and you could have avoided having to pay for a mistake. Good thing that mistake didn't cost you or someone else a life. You can't just pay a fine to fix something like that.
Like what was previously stated, just suck it up and accept the consequences of your actions, and believe it or not, honesty to the court will pay off!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #23
Registered User
Newbie
 
Turro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 16
Yeah, sorry about the long winded rant, it's just one of the topics that can have so much said beyond the shallow comments early. I agree with you completely. I only got caught doing a small amount, and it isn't fun, but to be honest I lost a lot but it's very little compared to what I've seen and i couldn't be more gracious of that. I've had a clean driving record for 10 years now too, and sure feels great. Even with my mustang being plenty quick and all I haven't been over 5 or 10 over with it. Both that and my truck have loud exhausts, much over legal, and I just don't drive in a way to bother anyone. I've had a few times showing where owning up pays off. I was pulled over for headlight I didn't know was out and thought it was for speeding (60 in a 55). When he asked me what I thought I did I said I was speeding. He said yeah, but I was talking about your headlight. Then he said since I was honest I wouldn't get any tickets and was nice about it. And even chuckled and mentioned the exhaust and said he knew it was loud but since I wasn't a deuchebag about it he didnt care. And my last stupid choice coulda got a handful of serious charges, but since I cooperated they were cool about it, gave me the lowest instead of the handful, and wasn't near what it shoulda been. The judge even said the officers commented very highly on my character and honesty so they would take it easier, and the same day a repeat offender got a good jailtime because he had to push the limits. It couldn't have been more poetic.
Sorry about this long one too
Turro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter
I was driving my girl home at 12, in my sisters car for now, and going down this hill I always just slow then go on this stop sign, this cop was parked, off on my right, up the hill so he has low visibility to where I'm coming from (both roads are on a hill) well needless to say he pulled me over with a 3 point fine of not following traffic devices and gave me a 120$ fine. I live In Canada with ICBC as the only insurance, I'm thinking of saying that I stopped before the stop sign (like a couple feet behind it because it's a hill) then I creeped and didn't see any cars that were on, then he came and gave me a ticket. My girl can testify (I didn't actually) but think I have a good chance of winning even if he does show up?

Long thread but wanted to give all the details
K I am pretty sure the cop has to show up if your gonna fight it. Talk to the crown when you show up to court and see what kind of deal they will cut you. All this info the Americans are giving you has no bearing and does not apply to your situation. We have alot of different rules in Canada. In Saskatchewan and Ontario the cop has to come to court. No exceptions so talk to the crown when you get to court,they will reduce the charges for a guilty plea but stand your ground and keep your story simple and straight. Good luck
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Thank you for that post. I agree completely with everything you have said Turro. Now I really want a Churro!
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
K I am pretty sure the cop has to show up if your gonna fight it. Talk to the crown when you show up to court and see what kind of deal they will cut you. All this info the Americans are giving you has no bearing and does not apply to your situation. We have alot of different rules in Canada. In Saskatchewan and Ontario the cop has to come to court. No exceptions so talk to the crown when you get to court,they will reduce the charges for a guilty plea but stand your ground and keep your story simple and straight. Good luck
We are not really arguing the techinicality about the officer's presence becuase it doesn't matter to us. We are more concerned about him accepting responsibility and doing the right thing and seeking the right way to have his charges lowered. Lieing is not the way to go about it.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #27
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

applauds for Turro! couldn't agree more!
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
06mustangmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 812
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGatter View Post
Yea, cops don't care they just need to fill a quota is what I've heard. The worst that can happen is I end up paying the fine, sure I'm in the wrong but if you had to pay 150$ every time you went 10km past the speed limit you'd be pissed too.

What if the cops win and in 20 years the streets have speed detectors that automatically ticket you whenever you go a bit too fast?
here if u plead not guilty u have a good chance at beating it or getting a reduction
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #29
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend

We are not really arguing the techinicality about the officer's presence becuase it doesn't matter to us. We are more concerned about him accepting responsibility and doing the right thing and seeking the right way to have his charges lowered. Lieing is not the way to go about it.
Lying... How about winning... It's never about the truth in court... It's what the crown can prove... And his insurance wil skyrocket with a ticket and privatized insurance. He can admit to his mommy he is guilty....
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Lying... How about winning... It's never about the truth in court... It's what the crown can prove... And his insurance wil skyrocket with a ticket and privatized insurance. He can admit to his mommy he is guilty....
Have you read any of my previous post? I'm trying to constructively help him elminate all of these consequences while he is still taking the appropriate action. It's not winning and as everyone knows Karma is a *****. How old are you? He broke the law. It's a law. You may not like it, but it doesn't mean you don't have to follow it. The cop was doing his job.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #31
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend

Have you read any of my previous post? I'm trying to constructively help him elminate all of these consequences while he is still taking the appropriate action. It's not winning and as everyone knows Karma is a *****. How old are you? He broke the law. It's a law. You may not like it, but it doesn't mean you don't have to follow it. The cop was doing his job.
I am 34 years old... Have had many charges,few convictions. I didn't waste my time reading your holier than thou take responsibility crap. Winning is winning... Laws are made for the general public to break so our dear governments can bring in income. You will forgive me for not caring whatsoever about the crap you posted. Go to church and beg forgiveness but win in court
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #32
Registered User
Newbie
 
Turro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 16
It's unfortunate the bad things happen to good people, maybe it wouldn't all seem so great if you had the pleasure of watching a loved one die with the driver causing it saying that. If you ever get to have it happen put a post up here how that person was so cool for that attitude.
The insurance goes along with calculated risks as a big factor. Having a clean record now it sure is great having higher rates because of others, and arguing all things in court and all adds up costs which also raise rates.
That attitude also does wonders for all the other restrictions and the overall attitude towards mustang and other sports car drivers. It's good we have people like you to keep others against us. Big shocker people generalize sports car drivers as reckless smartass know it alls, maybe you could start a thread whining about the stereotype and saying it's not fair and you shouldn't be negatively looked at.
It's good there are solid members here to urge someone to commit crimes, since he admitted to fault and lying about that in court also is a crime. Or at least in the united states it is, if that's different anywhere then that's not applicable there
Turro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
I am 34 years old... Have had many charges,few convictions. I didn't waste my time reading your holier than thou take responsibility crap. Winning is winning... Laws are made for the general public to break so our dear governments can bring in income. You will forgive me for not caring whatsoever about the crap you posted. Go to church and beg forgiveness but win in court
I agree that some laws in particular are written for revenue potential. Government is in business.

Lastly, you can live how you want. Whether your 20 or 60. I'm just trying to help the guy out. There is nothing wrong with going to see the person in charge to explain the situation to work to get it reduced. I admit, I don't know Canadian laws, rules and regulations at all but I can't imagine it would be much different. Either way, we all know what they say about opinions.

I hope he doesn't run into the guy at the courthouse who wants to "Win Win" becuase either way it sounds like he would be out of pocket that day for hundred plus bucks, 3 points and plenty of monthly income later down the road through insurance cost.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #34
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
I am a volunteer firefighter in the town I live in so I get nominated to go find the body parts that aren't attached anymore I also scrape up the mess of the street and have been the first responder on 3 fires so save the lecture. This is real world and it revolves around money. I stand by my original statement and admit fault to your mama and your god but win in court
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #35
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: First ticket. Dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
I am a volunteer firefighter in the town I live in so I get nominated to go find the body parts that aren't attached anymore I also scrape up the mess of the street and have been the first responder on 3 fires so save the lecture. This is real world and it revolves around money. I stand by my original statement and admit fault to your mama and your god but win in court
I don't think anyone goes to court to lose.
If I have to go to court, and I'm in the wrong, I have found that being honest saved my *** a few times. If you know you f'd up, just fess up, because if it can be proven, it's just gong to be worse for you if your lie is revealed.
I wrote a bad check one time, had to go to court for it. I told the judge that I was having a hard time with things and that I wrote it so I could get by. He understood, and cut the fine in half pretty much. That was the end of that.
Now, if you cheat on your girlfriend, DENY DENY DENY!!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get a ticket.. MonteCitan Pictures and Videos 6 08-20-2010 12:29 PM
Got a ticket Kiljosh The Bar 43 01-27-2008 05:30 PM
help me get out of a BS ticket jimmy_beaner The Bar 20 07-06-2006 05:39 PM
Got another ticket..... steph98v6 The Bar 26 07-27-2003 07:21 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.