STREET RACING (rant) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
STREET RACING (rant)

K is there anyone who isn't aware that it is illegal,k now ya know. So we all know it's illegal and dangerous and I have seen many a member ***** about it. First off shut up. Are the people chastising the racers without sin.

Ladies,as you are *****ing and giving your opinions on it do you happen to be texting while driving,perhaps putting on make-up,talking on phone without a bluetooth. If you answered no to any of these questions we have determined something YOU LIE. And to the guys,do you rock out while driving,perhaps turn your head to watch that girl walking with that amazing *** wiggle again with talking and texting.

All of these are dangerous behaviours and could cost someone their lived due to YOUR NEGLIGENCE. K so now we have established that there is NO MEMBER HERE WITHOUT SIN. So can you people who seem to chirp to those who are talking about racing please STFU. Your behavior is just as dangerous.

When racing at least the racers are focused on the road not looking for their favourite cd or checking their email at 70 mph. If you got nothing to add move on to the next thread and leave those who are chatting about it alone. Everyone is aware it's illegal and dangerous and stupid. And please remember opinions are like axxholes,everybody has one.

And to the racers try to consider public safety,your not the only ones out there and could you really live with yourself if you killed someone. I am not picking sides here I am just tired of reading these holier than thou comment when the commenter had behaviour that is just as potentially dangerous but chooses to chastise and not correct their own behaviour.

If course if you are without sin please disregard this thread as it doesn't apply to you but to everyone else keep it to yourself. K rant over and be safe out there
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Re: STREET RACING (rant)

Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Other

I made that a little easier to read, if you don't mind.
Good rant though!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
I made that a little easier to read, if you don't mind.
Good rant though!
Thanks 93. I am merely trying to point out that no one is innocent and we all have dangerous behavior. And if people chose to discuss such things like street racing they should be able to do so without someone chastising them. If a person doesn't agree with the topic move on. No need to post an inflammatory remark that gets the whole crew to act up
Old 02-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Right, see my other post in the thread where you mentioned this.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:11 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
Right, see my other post in the thread where you mentioned this.
Which thread... Where all those girls were whining. And a couple guys. I think that was my inspiration. Hehehe
Old 02-17-2011, 02:12 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Yup, that one.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Well let them concentrate all the whining into this one so the other fine members of our community can have a conversation in peace
Old 02-17-2011, 02:32 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:18 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to JB3nd3r

I think your post should be on a few other forums I've been on, lol
Well said
JB3nd3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
This is the stupidest post I have ever read. Yes, people who do all the other **** you mentioned are dumb****s too. Encouraging people to risk their lives doing that **** is absolutely pathetic.

Not to mention, what you are doing is against forum rules. You are discussing and encouraging illegal activity. Be thankful I'm not still a moderator...

The other issue is you are putting yourself at risk of legal action by encouraging street racing. There are some very young, stupid, and very impressionable members on the site. If they were to get out, wreck, and kill someone else or themselves, guess who could suddenly find themselves in a potential legal battle?

As far as being without sin, that's just a pointless argument. Have I ever let the moment get the best of me and done a little light to light before? Maybe. Was doing so an absolutely moronic and childish thing to do? Absolutely. There was a time where I was younger and was an idiot. End of story. The real idiots though are people like you who try to not only justify their actions, but also encourage others to do the same.

Perhaps one day you will get your comeuppances. I just hope you don't hurt anyone else in the process. In the meantime, I'm going to be severely disappointed if a mod doesn't close this thread and post a little refresher on forum rules...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
Road Trip!

I am not encouraging anything. Merely stating that those who are doing it don't need the commentary. Nor am I discussing street racing... In fact this post is directed at you... Chirp chirp. I thought the forums were about exchanging ideas and points of view. You are preaching. And not very well. Your skull is obviously so thick that you didn't read any of it. You just took from it what you saw fit. Republican I assume
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
This is the stupidest post I have ever read. Yes, people who do all the other **** you mentioned are dumb****s too. Encouraging people to risk their lives doing that **** is absolutely pathetic.

Not to mention, what you are doing is against forum rules. You are discussing and encouraging illegal activity. Be thankful I'm not still a moderator...

The other issue is you are putting yourself at risk of legal action by encouraging street racing. There are some very young, stupid, and very impressionable members on the site. If they were to get out, wreck, and kill someone else or themselves, guess who could suddenly find themselves in a potential legal battle?

As far as being without sin, that's just a pointless argument. Have I ever let the moment get the best of me and done a little light to light before? Maybe. Was doing so an absolutely moronic and childish thing to do? Absolutely. There was a time where I was younger and was an idiot. End of story. The real idiots though are people like you who try to not only justify their actions, but also encourage others to do the same.

Perhaps one day you will get your comeuppances. I just hope you don't hurt anyone else in the process. In the meantime, I'm going to be severely disappointed if a mod doesn't close this thread and post a little refresher on forum rules...
I am not encouraging racing whatsoever. And what rule have I broken... I merely stated that axxes like you should move on and not post if some members are discussing it. I have not posted anything to even hint at condoning racing. U suggest you re-read this post and comment accordingly.your holier than thou attitude is unwelcome in my thread. Carry on to topics more suited to you.... Like pissing off... Perhaps a mod should remind you that swearing is also against the rules. No where did I say I condoned racing. Perhaps lean English and read the whole post k.... It is people like you that this thread is directed at. Go get laid. Or has the price of girls more than you can afford
Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

So when someone asks what's the best way to go 150mph on the interstate, were supposed to just pretend that that's not a totally stupid idea? Those people need to grow up. And youre a dumb****
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Even though street racing (as well as other such stupid activities) are wrong and should not be done those that do it don't really understand the risks until something happens. They then, depending on how bad things went, have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

The sad part is most will not listen to the warnings of those that have been there and done that until its to late. Think of it like your parents trying to help you do the right things and you tell them you know better... then you find out how if you would have actually took their advice you would have ended up much better off.

Just something stupid people do... as with many other things they do...
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771
So when someone asks what's the best way to go 150mph on the interstate, were supposed to just pretend that that's not a totally stupid idea? Those people need to grow up. And youre a dumb****
Again. Move on if you don't agree. This thread is more of a devils advocate idea. People are gonna do what they do. You can let them go and risk themselves uneducated not completely understanding the risks involved or you can give them advice to maintain some form of safety. I am glad these comments are coming. Shows how thick walled a skull can be... And I am a volunteer firefighter. I clean up the mess and look for the body parts that aren't attached anymore so if anyone has seen the outcome of this type of behaviour firsthand it is I. You are the dumb**** who obviously this post is directed at. You coulda just moved on. Nope. Had to put in your 2 bits. Your comment is dumb. It's like your kid asking how to use a condom and you tell him he shouldn't be having sex and don't show him. He is gonna do it anyway and now he has no education.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
Even though street racing (as well as other such stupid activities) are wrong and should not be done those that do it don't really understand the risks until something happens. They then, depending on how bad things went, have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

The sad part is most will not listen to the warnings of those that have been there and done that until its to late. Think of it like your parents trying to help you do the right things and you tell them you know better... then you find out how if you would have actually took their advice you would have ended up much better off.

Just something stupid people do... as with many other things they do...
See forum members. A comment not negative and still gets his point across. That is called communicating. He didn't need to swear and had something to offer the conversation. Take a lesson from him. Just because some members may not agree it doesn't make me wrong. And the negative comments just prove my point. Nothing constructive to add so you resort to name calling. I am trying to encourage the flow of ideas on both sides and we have members who lower themselves and cannot seem to grasp that concept. If you actually read the post you would see I am not choosing a side. Just pointing out obvious flaws is the argument
Old 02-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
Road Trip!

Everett. I'm glad you started this thread. I was tempted to start a street racing ***** thread yesterday. Where I'm from, we do some street racing around here. We have about 5 or 6 different places that we race. 2 lane highways with very long straight aways and usually no traffic. Hitting someone who is not involved in the race is not an issue. It's not in the middle of the city like those stupid f'n movies. I've gotten tickets just for sitting on the side of the road and watching races. Just saying that we do it but public safety is taken seriously. I have a track about 30 min from me but test and tune is wed night sometimes I wanna race thurs night. It's not very responsible but I've been around it all my life.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Thanks al. I was feeling pretty alone in here. I am just trying to open a line of communication and I have members calling me names because I have a different viewpoint. Just because it's different doesn't make it wrong. And to read these other members comments just makes me laugh. Cannot even have an exchange of ideas in an intelligent form.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett
Thanks al. I was feeling pretty alone in here. I am just trying to open a line of communication and I have members calling me names because I have a different viewpoint. Just because it's different doesn't make it wrong. And to read these other members comments just makes me laugh. Cannot even have an exchange of ideas in an intelligent form.
Check and see what the ones *****ing are driving. When the hondas and zcars are kicking your ***, I wouldn't street race either.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
If there's a street racing accident, I'm going to write about it. If it involves mustangs. I'll ***** all I want. This thread isn't going to stop me from doing so. I think it's stupid to full on street race.

Anything can happen in the blink of an eye on a public road. And yes, while texting, too. I don't put makeup on in the car, either.

Opinions differ obviously, but don't hate on me for mine.

My opinion: take it to the track.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
If there's a street racing accident, I'm going to write about it. If it involves mustangs. I'll ***** all I want. This thread isn't going to stop me from doing so. I think it's stupid to full on street race.

Anything can happen in the blink of an eye on a public road. And yes, while texting, too. I don't put makeup on in the car, either.
Thatta girl. I am not pointing any fingers I am just addressing points of interest. I have touched on arguements on both sides and am trying to stimulate an intelligent conversation. I am not condoning nor encouraging street racing. Not publicly anyway
Old 02-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #23
Road Trip!

hey im not going against anyone who has an opinion against street racing. it is wrong and dangerous. i do it sometimes and know all of the risks. for me, a race at the red light is only going to 90 mph or so. if you cant bust his a$$ by 3rd gear, your gonna have to take it somewhere safe. interstate race from 90 mph ive done too but that is stupid. most of the grudge racing around here is on empty roads and no one races if there are headlights in sight. i was raised by a bunch of gear heads and grew up in an auto shop. its in my blood. BUT, its dead a$$ wrong..
Old 02-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #24
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
hey im not going against anyone who has an opinion against street racing. it is wrong and dangerous. i do it sometimes and know all of the risks. for me, a race at the red light is only going to 90 mph or so. if you cant bust his a$$ by 3rd gear, your gonna have to take it somewhere safe. interstate race from 90 mph ive done too but that is stupid. most of the grudge racing around here is on empty roads and no one races if there are headlights in sight. i was raised by a bunch of gear heads and grew up in an auto shop. its in my blood. BUT, its dead a$$ wrong..
See. An exchange of an idea or opinion that didn't involve name calling. Wow.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

Opinions differ obviously, but don't hate on me for mine.

My opinion: take it to the track.
Finally a commenter that disagrees but doesnt a fight/call people names.

I agree with Everett tho. I have not street raced (can't because I life in Miami. Not many places to do so) but i don't look down upon it. As long as you are safe and not on a busy road, i think it's alright.
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life

Finally a commenter that disagrees but doesnt a fight/call people names.

I agree with Everett tho. I have not street raced (can't because I life in Miami. Not many places to do so) but i don't look down upon it. As long as you are safe and not on a busy road, i think it's alright.
Exactly an exchange of a viewpoint that didn't involve a profanity or derogatory remark. I don't disagree with lalayla. She makes a valid point and got it across without lowering herself to a childish level. Unlike previous posters who obviously have nothing intelligent to add so they resort to profanity. Shows true intellect. Thank you lalayla and snow for your point of view
Old 02-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Exactly an exchange of a viewpoint that didn't involve a profanity or derogatory remark. I don't disagree with lalayla. She makes a valid point and got it across without lowering herself to a childish level. Unlike previous posters who obviously have nothing intelligent to add so they resort to profanity. Shows true intellect. Thank you lalayla and snow for your point of view
To each their own!

The ones that mess up just keep giving me something to write about on the blog! ha!

I don't have hard feelings toward anyone. Opinions are opinions... As long as I don't get called names for mine!

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

gOOD THREAD Everett !!!!
and I HAVE SINNED
Used to street race religiously back in the 80's but that was a different time ..
now there's way to many people on the roads , and it used to be a slap on the wrist ticket now they'll take your car etc ........... but hell ya I've done it !!!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #29
Road Trip!

Keep on writing. You are doing a good job. And don't change your viewpoint for anyone. I'm very influential so don't listen to a damn thing I say.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #30
Road Trip!

Just one more thing..... In 93, chevy brought out the new camaro because the 5.0 had been kicking it's a$$ on the street since 79. In 03 the terminator came out to take out the camaro and vette (on the street). It's never gonna stop.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
Just one more thing..... In 93, chevy brought out the new camaro because the 5.0 had been kicking it's a$$ on the street since 79. In 03 the terminator came out to take out the camaro and vette (on the street). It's never gonna stop.
Nope it ain't. As long as car manufacturer build cars people are gonna race em. Pretty simple
Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to JB3nd3r

Well this thread got kind of intense, lol
I understand both sides and realize tracks were meant for a reason... but the probability of street racing ever stopping is very slim in my eyes. From what I gathered all he was trying to say is if your not going to listen and street race anyways no matter what anybody tells you, then at least try to do a few things a lil' safer (*while being unsafe, if that makes sense). In his first few post regarding this if your referring to the (Rivalry Thread), he stated go to a track, you can end up in jail, also he said a few things in an attempt to keep someone alive with the intentions to street race anyway. If you say only race on the track and you yourself have done it, seems a lil' hypocritical to me... just saying
JB3nd3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Nope it ain't. As long as car manufacturer build cars people are gonna race em. Pretty simple
Bro im sorry for name calling. But I can't see how you can tell us to stay out of street racing conversations. If you wanna do it then fine. But if someone makes a post asking how they can make there car go 150 mph on the interstate then im gonna say how stupid of an idea it is. Also were on a forum that doesn't condone street racing so the topic shouldn't be brought up in the first place. Also, if you see these accidents first hand, how can you even be for street racing? And yes those that text and drive are just as stupid but I don't see any threads about what's the best way to text while driving.

And it doesn't matter what car I drive. Im still in college. I can wait a little while longer for my shelby.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #34
Road Trip!

Few things to think about. Dont think for one minute that gm and ford don't have people reading posts on all of these forums. Internet is a wonderful thing. True story: I worked for a gm dealer for 9 years and a gm service rep went to the track one test and tune night and was taking pictures. Proceeded to void 5 guys warranties due to abuse of their vehicles. Just something to think about next time at the track.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #35
Road Trip!

I never said I condoned street racing. Not once ever. I merely tried to point out to the younger member who was doing it that I cannot stop him from doing so. So I'd I cannot stop him I might as well try to inform him so he can be safer while doing it. And the point of thread was just to point out that no matter how many times you tell someone it's unsafe they are going to do it anyways. So rather than throw a negative spin on a thread just don't post at all. I pick up the pieces at accident scenes so I know firsthand the horror. But I will not preach. A person is gonna do what they are gonna do so rather than them be oblivious to the obvious and not so obvious dangers I will inform,not chastise. Perhaps when a poster reads my answer to their post they may see the er of their ways,maybe not. But calling them names and telling them they are stupid certainly won't either. I suppose I am trying to open some members eyes to see that if you are against it you can phrase it in a manner that someone will actually listen. And not completely disregard the entire post because the first thing they see is" you're stupid for racing" or "your gonna kill somebody". All that does is comlpetely close the lines of communication and now none of it will be heard. I do not condone street racing but I cannot change a persons mind. They do that for themselves. And I was trying also to point out that some of our members who chastise these members who are talking about racing also engage in potentially life threatening behaviour so they are in no position to crucify the members who are posting about racing. If you want to perhaps make a positive contribution to the members who have racing threads try a different approach or don't comment at all. A negative post won't help and then it inflames the members who are discussing it causing a massive backlash then everyone is pissed off.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar