I think I got scammed: 19Delta - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #1

Region: Canada
I think I got scammed: 19Delta

I am posting this thread as I am having a problem with a seller that I bought a m112 supercharger kit off of for my v6 Mustang.

The guys screen name on mostly every forum I've seen him on is 19Delta. I did some research on him before I made my purchase and couldn't find any reason not to buy it from him, he didn't seem to be a scammer at all. Here’s the info I gathered:
-The guy is most active on Mustang Evolution, with over 1000 posts.
-He has a few m112 build threads on different forums, but they consist of basically researching questions and piecing the kit together, not actually doing the install. These threads are dated early 2010.
-I have found threads of others parting out M112 kits early 2010, and him posting in those threads asking to buy some individual parts. The kits description that he sold me has those exact same parts that I believe he bought off those individuals.
-He has youtube videos of his 2000 v6 Mustangs exhaust clips, so he does have the car.

Here is his ad that he had posted on AFM where I found out he was selling the kit(it was actually priced at $800 first)
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/pp-cl...-for-v6&cat=77

Showing interest to his supercharger and emailing him, he replied promptly and didn't have a problem answering my questions. He said he would ship it out immediately after payment. This was on January 22nd. So after looking into him, getting good communication and the kit being well priced I decided to buy it. I paid for it the night on January 22nd using an invoice that he sent me with the item description using Paypal. Then everything went bad.

With me emailing him lots of times trying to get a tracking number from him and if it was shipped, I received no reply. I made lots of calls and never got an answer. Until the 27th of January, I got this email:

"Hey, i'm sorry for not replying sooner. A snow storm hit down here and I just have got my electricity back on. I've not been able to ship them out yet, but I will later on today if the weather permits, I'm so sorry for the delay in everything again I apologize. Yes, the 90mm MAF is included with it."
(I asked about the 90mm MAF as it wasn't included in the item description but was mentioned that he had it in one of his posts)

The guy is from Kentucky, and reading the news I do know that they had alot of bad weather there, so I took the word for it. But still never got a tracking number. So I kept replying and never got any reply(Still never to this day). I called him many times, managed to get through with one and was able to speak to him. He told me the item was shipped but when I asked for the tracking number, I was hung up on, and after calling back many times, never got an answer. All the phone calls I have made never succeed. I either get a lady to answer and her telling me he is not there and hanging up on me, or going to get him but when he answers I am hung up on when its aware who I am. Or I never get an answer, or the phone is picked up but no one speaks, or the phone is picked up and hung up immediately after.

It now being the 17th of February, I still haven't received the supercharger kit or any communication from him or an attempt to reply or contact me.

I am glad I used Paypal. I have a dispute I opened on the 8th of February, explaining the case, he never replied in the resolution center. 8 days later after not getting a reply from him through paypal. I escalated the dispute and paypal is now investigating. I will most likely get my money back but I would rather get the supercharger. I however do not want to end up with nothing as I am in College and well you know how College students are financial wise.

Also, I know he hasn't stopped using a computer, he is still active. On the 8th of February, he posted a video on youtube. So he is still active.

He hasn't posted since the 24th of January on Mustang Evolution however.

Let me know what you think and if you can help or need any more info.

His name is Michael Martin and his number is 606-598-0369.

Also on AFM, the ad never said sold until the beginning of February.

Thanks!
coverr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: I think I got scammed: 19Delta

Michael, do the right thing. Give the guy his money back or send him what you were originally selling.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend
Michael, do the right thing. Give the guy his money back or send him what you were originally selling.
Yea for real. We know we are in hard times but you're not the only one being affected by it. Give the boy his supercharger kit. He paid you fair and square.
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I've PM'ed him about this and will see what is going on. He's been a member in good standing over here with some history...so I'll see if I can find out what's going on.

On a side note, the weather thing is the real deal. Hell, here in Louisiana they closed all state offices 2 days in a row because it was going to be cold (sub 32* f) and there was a chance of some rain at the same time. I see you're from canada, so you are used to it like I am being from near buffalo. But snow down here shuts the world down.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #5

I appreciate the comments and help guys. I dont mean to flame the guy, from all the homework I've done on him he seems like a good guy. I dont understand why after payment he cut off communication, wont talk to me over the phone and reply to my emails or to paypal's emails. Its been 27 days since payment and still haven't gotten the supercharer. I hope there is a good explanation. I want my supercharger kit lol.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I've PM'ed him about this and will see what is going on. He's been a member in good standing over here with some history...so I'll see if I can find out what's going on.

On a side note, the weather thing is the real deal. Hell, here in Louisiana they closed all state offices 2 days in a row because it was going to be cold (sub 32* f) and there was a chance of some rain at the same time. I see you're from canada, so you are used to it like I am being from near buffalo. But snow down here shuts the world down.
I feel the same way. Delta always seemed like a great guy. I'm hoping that there is some explanation.

Yes, the weather is terrible. Below freezing in Louisiana is obviously more important to prepare for than a Category 5 Hurricane.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
Road Trip!

You did the right thing by posting this thread. Delta. This is simple. Ship his parts and talk to him. He doesn't even want the money he wants the parts. This seems like a no-brainer. Ship the parts. Easy.
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you did the right thing filing the dispute, it should not take that long and if someone cant handle their business better than that they deserve to have their payment returned.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

i had the same thing happen to me a few years ago with my blower and i bought it new. sum ppl here may remember that. it took me a year to get it. i dont think i have anything positive to contribute, so ima just sit here and see how this plays out.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
You did the right thing by posting this thread. Delta. This is simple. Ship his parts and talk to him. He doesn't even want the money he wants the parts. This seems like a no-brainer. Ship the parts. Easy.
That's the thing...he may have really shipped them to him...Remember, he's shipping to canada so you have customs to deal with which can at times delay things pretty good...

However, that does not excuse not providing a tracking number upon request. So, we'll see what delta has to say...
Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

yea a tracking number is just a common thing... you give it to the buyer... its just what you do. If he cant supply it I would have done the same thing you did.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

That's the thing...he may have really shipped them to him...Remember, he's shipping to canada so you have customs to deal with which can at times delay things pretty good...

However, that does not excuse not providing a tracking number upon request. So, we'll see what delta has to say...
K I buy parts from the US at least 8 times a month over in the corral classifieds from private buyers and I pretty sure customs checks all my stuff as I get a bill from them and 2 weeks is pretty much standard. I am not saying that customs didn't hold it up but it's usually clockwork. Anyways I hope you get your parts,or the money but the parts would be awesome. Vrooom vroooom
Old 02-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
K I buy parts from the US at least 8 times a month over in the corral classifieds from private buyers and I pretty sure customs checks all my stuff as I get a bill from them and 2 weeks is pretty much standard. I am not saying that customs didn't hold it up but it's usually clockwork. Anyways I hope you get your parts,or the money but the parts would be awesome. Vrooom vroooom
I agree it can be smooth like that...but I've also see situations where it takes many weeks to get through customs....and sometimes gets lost in customs. It's just another variable...but, until we see a tracking number, we can not say that it was even shipped.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Does anyone personally know him? I know alot of us know each other?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #15

Does anyone know him or able to get into contact with him?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

We are working on it....
Old 02-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #17
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Michael Martin = Saleenfiend?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #18

Saleenfield and 19Delta are two different people I believe. Anyone have any luck getting in contact with Michael? I wish I could get an explanation so I can receive my supercharger.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #19
Regular

Region: Tennessee

SaleenFiend has nothing to do with this... I am not sure how he even got pulled into this.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Michael Martin = Saleenfiend?
WTF are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverr3 View Post
Saleenfield and 19Delta are two different people I believe. Anyone have any luck getting in contact with Michael? I wish I could get an explanation so I can receive my supercharger.
I am not the same guy. As you can see from my Facebook, location, and any information provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
SaleenFiend has nothing to do with this... I am not sure how he even got pulled into this.
Thanks Brent.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #21
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
WTF are you talking about?

I am not the same guy. As you can see from my Facebook, location, and any information provided.

Thanks Brent.
i had to fuk wit u bud.....
Attached Images

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 02-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
i had to fuk wit u bud.....
<-- from laughing
Old 02-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I just saw the thread.... Glad to know I have fans. (*waves*)
Old 02-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #24
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Well, I just saw the thread.... Glad to know I have fans. (*waves*)
i didnt see it till i had already fukd wit u.... do the miss america wave

Old 02-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #25
Regular
Supporter

I posted on Michael Martins FB wall about the whole SC deal and he immediately erased it.I also sent him a PM on FB which he has yet to respond to,I will let you know if he does.

To Saleenfiend,I apologize for the confusion my friend and hope we can chalk it up to my stupidty.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I posted on Michael Martins FB wall about the whole SC deal and he immediately erased it.I also sent him a PM on FB which he has yet to respond to,I will let you know if he does.

To Saleenfiend,I apologize for the confusion my friend and hope we can chalk it up to my stupidty.
Uh oh. That can't be a good sign. I hope this works out for ya cover
Old 02-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #27

With the paypal dispute, he has yet to post anything with it since I opened it so I should get the money back, but I'd much rather get the supercharger lol.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverr3
With the paypal dispute, he has yet to post anything with it since I opened it so I should get the money back, but I'd much rather get the supercharger lol.
If he doesn't post a rebuttal they will refund your paypal account
Old 02-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #29
Regular
Supporter

Yeah,how does that actually work. Will PayPal refund your money and file on him?
Old 02-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Yeah,how does that actually work. Will PayPal refund your money and file on him?
I dunno what they do to the seller but as long as it wasn't sent as a gift and you tagged goods in the sales receipt they will cover the refund. I found out the hard way do not send money as a gift. Got burned for a tuner. But the boys in the corral didn't like the idea of a member getting defrauded on their site and got pics of the guy and his mom and a bunch of numbers including mommy and daddys. They got me a refund.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Region: Other

Quote:
I dunno what they do to the seller but as long as it wasn't sent as a gift and you tagged goods in the sales receipt they will cover the refund. I found out the hard way do not send money as a gift. Got burned for a tuner. But the boys in the corral didn't like the idea of a member getting defrauded on their site and got pics of the guy and his mom and a bunch of numbers including mommy and daddys. They got me a refund.
That was you?? I saw that thread man! Small world!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

That was you?? I saw that thread man! Small world!
I was one of his victims yup
Old 02-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #33
Road Trip!

I called his mom and dad. They were really surprised. Half hour later I got an email saying how sorry he was and he would like to make it right. I told him I took money I really shouldn't have to buy the damn thing and if he wanted to make it right to deposit 200 in my paypal. 2 hrs later it was there. Call daddy and stuff gets done eh
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #34

I really appreciate all the help guys. I guess though that he didn't ship. I'm sure he recieved a message from you guys through pm or fb or etc. by now and just ignored it. I guess he didnt ship it out. Oh well, hopefully paypal will pull through for me with the refund.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #35

It sucks cause I'd rather the supercharger kit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar