re-introductions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
Talking re-introductions

Yeah - everyone in the underground is the ME elite. we know that - but it's sometimes good to reintroduce ourselves (specifically for us that pop in ever couple years or so)..

I'd love to hear what Brent, N8, PureVenom etc.. have made of themselves over the past few years.. It's all in the threads that have been posted, but I'm too lazy to search, so post up who/what/when/where etc. of the past 5 years or so...

(I expect long posts, and no TLDR responses)

So I'll start -

I started on the mustang boards almost a decade ago when I got my first pony, a '99 give me a ticket RED vert.

Did all the usual mods, CAI, Chip, Spacers, Gears, etc.etc.etc. Chatted it up on the only V6 board, met a punk kid with the SN Ho Ho Ho or something like that.. he started his own clone of the other v6 site and I joined up. it was a great mix of old, young, new, experienced people, but this kid ho ho ho really had a vision to distinguish his site from the others and worked his a$$ off to make it special. I found myself home on the new 232stangs board, and was a regular...

Ended up selling the stang to get my dream car, a 2006 Sienna (somewhat maroon) Jeep Rubicon. Lifted, locked, love..

Still hung out with the mustang crew - and eventually found myself buying a beautiful '65 that I still love - although I sold it to pay for the kids tuition

Next mustang will be a '65-67 V8 vert. Someday..

I love Jeeps and Mustangs

Born in Cali, grew up in Az, joined the AF, lived in Texas/Mississippi/Alaska/Florida/Colorado during my stint - have lived in Oregon/Massatwo****s/New Hampshire since then.

Graduated Valedictorian from College with a BA in Mathematics, climbed the corporate ladder in Telecom, did some amazing stuff ( designed the VzWireless network in the North East, testified in front of the DOJ, taught telecom in the US/UK) made alot of people alot of money..

Had the opportunity to leave corporate life and bought a small country store in northern New Hampshire - have spent the past 6 months "unemployed" as I personally renovate the 140 yr old building back into a beautiful store..

Paid cash.. no mortgage

Had many of my telecom contacts reach out to question why I'd leave and open a grocery store - had the Chairman of the Board of a multi-billion dollar company text me to see if I'd be open to consulting, headed off to Australia to do some work for him..

Building my village store, consulting on the side, acting the part of Mr. Mom.. Loving life.. dreaming of my next Mustang and Jeep...

What about You?
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
Re: re-introductions

glad to meet you. What a Resume.

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Damn. I am Everett. Self employed carpenter and moonlight as a volounteer firemen,amsoil dealer and your passion party rep.
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Damn. I am Everett. Self employed carpenter and moonlight as a volounteer firemen,amsoil dealer and your passion party rep.
Passion party rep.... Wow!

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ijack

Passion party rep.... Wow!
Hehehe.... Yup... There is some pretty good money in it once you build up the clientele. My girl does them now too for the customers who aren't comfortable with a guy doing it but believe it or not those are few and far between.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Hehehe.... Yup... There is some pretty good money in it once you build up the clientele. My girl does them now too for the customers who aren't comfortable with a guy doing it but believe it or not those are few and far between.
Little bit jealous. Most guys don't get to participate in those parties. Sounds like a lot of fun with the "clientele". Lol
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I started this site as a 17 year old my Junior year of high school. I was taking CISCO Networking at a tech school half of the day and a guy in my class put together a forum for the class to keep up with each other. The forum was phpBB if I recall.

Anyways, I then stumbled upon what is now 3.7mustang.com and begin posting there. After a while I got to the point where I wanted to start my own Mustang forum, as my desire to own my own website started when I first discovered the internet.

So we get 232stangs rolling and it changes into what it is today. Around April of last year I wanted to take the site to the next level and so I sold half of the site to my friend Andy R on here, so that we could work together and take it to the next level. I used some of that money to travel a bit, as that is probably my number one passion. Even more than Mustangs

I went to Miami, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Denver/Boulder, Seattle and Washington D.C. After Washington D.C. I went into hibernation and have been working my *** off on this site, trying to get it to the top of the food chain and make the most kick *** Mustang website on the internet.

That leads me to where I am as I type this, still in hibernation.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

Little bit jealous. Most guys don't get to participate in those parties. Sounds like a lot of fun with the "clientele". Lol
My wife and I make wine with our pics on the labels. Well I bring at least 3 bottles depending on size of party. It is unreal once the second bottle goes down what these women become interested in as far as toys go. WOW. I am still a student on the female mind. Just when you think you almost got it figured a whole new level pops up. And girls are way worse than guys. That I promise you
Old 02-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I'm Amie. I'm 27 and am obsessed with cars, art, photography. All kinds of things.

I have my AS degree in graphic design and had a nice position for a few years that ended due to elimination when we were bought out so I'm looking for something bigger and better.

Brent let me start blogging for the site and I have been trying the best I can to keep everyone updated while maintaining my crappy full time job. I love writing for this site. It landed me a free lance writing job with AmericanMuscle.com. I write their blog and am now currently rewriting their parts catalogs. I am Jackaonville's Mustang Examiner on examiner.com.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I went into hibernation and have been working my *** off on this site, trying to get it to the top of the food chain and make the most kick *** Mustang website on the internet.
This IS the most kickass mustang website on the internet. I joined around 8 or 9 mustang forums and posted on all of them for at least a month. This is now the only mustang forum i post on because it is by far the best. I love being on this forum and wasting my time. The members here are all great and always have something interesting to say that keeps me coming back. I love ME and every member on it. <3
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
Road Trip!

The people are definitely great. It's awesome as far as that goes but the corral and Modded mustangs are the best as far as buying parts and the stickies in the how-to department. The corral has got some pretty political crap going on and not what I want to chat about. The guys in here for the most part are pretty decent and down to earth. I wouldn't even know about it if it weren't for the iPhone app. I bet that the app alone has grown the site somewhat. It keeps you just an icon away. Almost as addictive as Facebook. But with less drama. Well usually anyway. Hehehe
Old 02-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
This is like my second home away from home.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
The people are definitely great. It's awesome as far as that goes but the corral and Modded mustangs are the best as far as buying parts and the stickies in the how-to department. The corral has got some pretty political crap going on and not what I want to chat about. The guys in here for the most part are pretty decent and down to earth. I wouldn't even know about it if it weren't for the iPhone app. I bet that the app alone has grown the site somewhat. It keeps you just an icon away. Almost as addictive as Facebook. But with less drama. Well usually anyway. Hehehe
Yea i found out about ME because of the iphone app. And it makes it so i can go on it whenever and wherever i want
Old 02-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
Road Trip!

I got 12 hours of lock down when I'm working nights. And prob 10 hrs of nothing to do. This place is a great waste of time.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
I got 12 hours of lock down when I'm working nights. And prob 10 hrs of nothing to do. This place is a great waste of time.
Hehehe. I am no stranger to lock down. Hehehe
Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:

Hehehe. I am no stranger to lock down. Hehehe
Huh huh. Been there too. But never convicted.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #17

Region: Kansas

Quote:
Funny- My wife always comes home from those parties loaded!! Of course I like what she brings home!

"MUSTANG, n. An indocile horse of the western plains. In English society, the American wife of an English nobleman."

~ Ambrose Bierce (July 24, 1842 - January 11, 1914)
KCMustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMustangGT

Funny- My wife always comes home from those parties loaded!! Of course I like what she brings home!
You shouda seen the crew of ladies last night. Holy. 12 women,1800 in sales. I am in a town called drayton valley alberta and I guess they don't have alot to do.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:

You shouda seen the crew of ladies last night. Holy. 12 women,1800 in sales. I am in a town called drayton valley alberta and I guess they don't have alot to do.
Explain to me what goes down at these passion parties. I want all the details. PM if u cant say it on here.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life

Explain to me what goes down at these passion parties. I want all the details. PM if u cant say it on here.
Well lil bro. I go in with a couple of bags full of demos. Get em really drunk and go into a sales pitch. It's just a sales job but the sales are dildos. And pretty drunk women buying them. They tell stories and ****. I don't get into my personal life but after a couple bottles of wine they open up a bit. It's not an orgy although the opportunity has presented itself many times. I like to look my old lady in the eye. I won't cheat on her. They are fun but it's still a job
Old 02-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Region: Other

Quote:
It's not an orgy although the opportunity has presented itself many times. I like to look my old lady in the eye. I won't cheat on her. They are fun but it's still a job
As you have heard from me before, you are a better man than me!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:

Well lil bro. I go in with a couple of bags full of demos. Get em really drunk and go into a sales pitch. It's just a sales job but the sales are dildos. And pretty drunk women buying them. They tell stories and ****. I don't get into my personal life but after a couple bottles of wine they open up a bit. It's not an orgy although the opportunity has presented itself many times. I like to look my old lady in the eye. I won't cheat on her. They are fun but it's still a job
Hahaha! Sounds like fun
Old 02-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

As you have heard from me before, you are a better man than me!
Bro. I have spent my entire life as a road whore. I have lost more than I care to ever discuss. My family I will not lose. Especially over a stray piece of ***. In my youth I didn't care about anything so the man upstairs saw fit to take the only thing that mattered to me. Never again.and thanks for the compliment but I doubt it. Why serve in heaven when you can rule in hell
Old 02-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Bro. I have spent my entire life as a road whore. I have lost more than I care to ever discuss. My family I will not lose. Especially over a stray piece of ***. In my youth I didn't care about anything so the man upstairs saw fit to take the only thing that mattered to me. Never again.
You sound like a good guy Everett

Old 02-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
You sound like a good guy Everett
Everett is a good guy, He's been through some ****! I'm proud to call him a friend!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:

Everett is a good guy, He's been through some ****! I'm proud to call him a friend!
+1. Just about all of y'all are cool.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
+1. Just about all of y'all are cool.
We all like you pretty well too Al, Except Sno, I have a lot of PM's from him about you!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:

We all like you pretty well too Al, Except Sno, I have a lot of PM's from him about you!
I like him. Hes hilarious. Just sometimes a jerk to me
Old 02-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Sup, y'all. I'm Mark, and I'm an alcoholic. Wait. Wrong meeting.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life

I like him. Hes hilarious. Just sometimes a jerk to me
Hi I'm Al and I'm an *******. I've been an ******* for about 20 years now. I'm not here for help I'm recruiting.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Im Vicky, almost 21 going to college to get my associates degree in automotive technology at San Jacinto Community College

Have loved stangs since I saw a 67 fastback when I was 13 and have never looked back
My dad is more chevy but still likes ford so he doesn't complain about my love of stangs, lol
We have all types of cars ford and gm
Except for my sister who has a nissan which I called her a traitor for, lol

I got my beautiful baby, a 2001 v6 mustang, July 5th, 2007 (which I was very surprised at getting cause she was a little expensive)
She was stock when I bought her and within the first few months learned how much work cars can be
and I learned that her previous owner did not take care of her but now shes a spoiled brat, lol
I learn as I go and have only done a few mods to her such as the CAI, shorty headers, dual exhaust and a few cosmetic things like the billet grille, 18" chrome rims, billet hood scoop and side scoops, and smoked taillights
I paid for all of that working at walmart as a cashier and a cart pusher for 3 VERY long years
I now work for my sister babysitting her 2 sons (one has cerebral palasy and needs all day care) and part time mechanic for my family for all the cars that we have, lol
We have 9 cars so there is always something that needs to be done

Anyways, I found this site not too long ago on my new phone (Samsung Transform) and has kept me entertained every day since
Lol

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Name is Mike, I'm a conceited ******* who thinks he is funny. I love Mustangs and my son.
I think that about sums me up.
Oh, and I'm better than everyone because I have a 1993 Cobra. <<--Or some people like to think that's the case!
Oh, and I'm probably the laziest person you will ever meet, until it comes to working on the Stangs!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Quote:
Name is Mike, I'm a conceited ******* who thinks he is funny. I love Mustangs and my son.
I think that about sums me up.
Oh, and I'm better than everyone because I have a 1993 Cobra. <<--Or some people like to think that's the case!
How much horsepower did yours come with?
Old 02-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #34
Road Trip!

A whole whoppin 235 and 280 tq. If you were to buy the same exact engine from ford back then though, they rated them at 270hp and right around 300 tq. You know how Ford is about underrating things.
There are a few guys over on SVTP that were getting the factory rated HP and TQ at the wheels bone stock.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #35
Road Trip!

I love this thread and thanks guys. Where's lalayla with the group hug stuff

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar