Gun Show - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Region: California
Gun Show

So today I went to this local gun show. I had high hopes I'd find some cool unique stuff because I had been to one a few years back and it blew my mind. Of course that was prior to when I bought my Garand. So my bro and my dad got there early and met up with my uncle, cousins, and a few friends. We went in and I was kinda disappointed with what I had been seeing. Everything was the same. Lot of AR-15 parts and other weapons I wasn't interested in very much. Where the hell were all the WW2 ****? Then I hit the back corner of the room.

I wish photos could be taken inside these places, because this guy had a sick collection he was selling. M1 Garands from different dates, M1 Carbines by different companies (Some by sewing machine companies, and one by IBM!), and then I saw two sets of weapons I've never seen up close.

The M1941 Johnson. The M1941 Johnson is a very rare firearm designed prior to WWII by a Marine Corps Captain. The quick change barrel and a ten round magazine that can be reloaded during firing are but two of the many unique M1941 Johnson innovations. The M1941 Johnson was used by the Marine Raiders and the Para-Marines at the beginning of World War II and served as their main semi-auto rifle until adoption of the M1 Garand in late 1942 [Source:]

At the beginning of U.S. involvement in World War I, Gen. John J. Pershing ("Black Jack") was given command. He was determined that U.S. forces would not settle into the static trench warfare that had already chewed up tens of thousands of lives on the European battlefield. The key was the ability to stop short any German attack from their own trenches before they could overrun American positions, while being able to infiltrate and clean out the enemy trenches in turn.

The ideal weapon would be shorter than the standard rifle and easier to bring to bear on nearby targets in tight spaces like a trench or building, superior in these characteristics to the 1903 Springfield or 1917 Enfield infantry rifles. The Model 97 proved quite capable in all respects as well as being low maintanance and reliable. It quickly became known as the "trench broom". In the military version, with its ventilated handguard over the barrel and M1917 bayonet attachment, it was legendary for its tremendous firepower. It became so feared by the Germans that they tried to get shotguns outlawed in combat. [Source:]

Man was I drooling.. unfortunately, both weapons were very expensive. The johnson was going for $10,000 and the M97 was going for $4-5,000. Just more to add to my collection in the future I suppose..

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Region: Kentucky
Re: Gun Show

Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

ha nice
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Those are some nice weapons. I need to start up a collection one day.
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

« Still awake? | wtf! »