It's time for me to get into better shape. Advice welcome! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: It's time for me to get into better shape. Advice welcome!

Lots of great info in here I appreciate it! I think right now I am going to focus on building up some muscle before I get into cardio too much. I need to get my left knee stronger and my upper body stronger. Over the last year and a half I know I have lost a fair amount of muscle due to being sick. So I want to get that up first and then go from there.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge
Lots of great info in here I appreciate it! I think right now I am going to focus on building up some muscle before I get into cardio too much. I need to get my left knee stronger and my upper body stronger. Over the last year and a half I know I have lost a fair amount of muscle due to being sick. So I want to get that up first and then go from there.
Play basketball! A lot of people think it's just cardio, but if u haven't played in awhile or never, your whole body will hurt the next day. You don't have to play full court, half court will burn just as bad. When u get in shape go to full court. Athletes of every sport play basketball in there off season to stay in shape.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

DarkShadow is correct in what he says...way to go.

Also, keep in mind, building muscle is also great for weight loss. When you have muscle, it's constantly burning energy to keep in shape. And keep in mind..im sure you know, that when you are weightlifting, you will gain some pounds, but it's good pounds. The muscle will burn energy even when not at the gym.
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana

ZUMBA...its the best way to burn calories..altho there are not many guys in my class..but hey you asked for advice lmao
mustangchassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
If ur trying to burn fat and loose weight just cut ur eating of at 7pm don't eat anything unless it's high in protein. If u eat protein at night 3 hours before u sleep like 2 hardboiled eggs no yokes. All whites. Or a small price of lemon chicken. And weightlifting does burn a great deal of fat Bc once u start lifting and training consistently when your not lifting ur body is still burning calories. Losing weight is all about diet and maintaing a constant training regiment. Cut the carbs after 12pm in the morning they are okay ur body will use them to fuel its self. Eating 5 small meals daily to keep your metabolic rate up. They way your constantly feeding it so it doesn't die down. And when ur metabolic rate is up u will be burning calories then to. Think of it as a fire if u keep feeding it little at a time it will stay burning strong. Meals consist of high protein low carbs and vegetables are important to. Eat fruit as a snack. I could honestly spend hours telling you ways. But if u ever need more advice just send a pm. The weight lifting thing is what I am really into.
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

you can take most of this as a guide line but basically you've gotta find what works for your body. My close friend does fitness modeling and body building competitions and he'll tell you the same thing. Not everyone's body adapts to things the same. Just gotta find what works for you
Old 03-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang
you can take most of this as a guide line but basically you've gotta find what works for your body. My close friend does fitness modeling and body building competitions and he'll tell you the same thing. Not everyone's body adapts to things the same. Just gotta find what works for you
Exactly just guidelines
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
Exactly just guidelines
hey carb boy , you missed out on pizza yesterday
Old 03-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde

Mmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly just guidelines
yeah if you really want some good advice on food read "In Defense of Food"
Old 03-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde

Yea I know it's okay I got to drop some lbs beach season lol
Old 03-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I know it's okay I got to drop some lbs beach season lol
same here I've been hitting up Gym Jones workouts trying to get back into better conditioning
Old 03-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

same here I've been hitting up Gym Jones workouts trying to get back into better conditioning
I am kinda doing my own little thing just started last week I get one Cheat day for my diet and cardio 3 times a week and I always do a lifting but I don't do light weight hi reps I do heavy weight high reps
Old 03-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am kinda doing my own little thing just started last week I get one Cheat day for my diet and cardio 3 times a week and I always do a lifting but I don't do light weight hi reps I do heavy weight high reps
Olympic lifts are where its at. Like dead lifts, squats, power clings, cling and jerks stuff like that. I'm going for the gladiator look/performance
Old 03-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Olympic lifts are where its at. Like dead lifts, squats, power clings, cling and jerks stuff like that. I'm going for the gladiator look/performance
I feel u there Olympic lifts size I got plenty of size I am on the cutting phase now
Old 03-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I'm 5'9" 185lbs with 11% BMI right now but I wanna get a little more size but I also run 2 miles in 11min 17sec so I try and stay conditioned as well. For my job I have to stay pretty agile so I can hump around a 90lbs ruck and keep up with guys carrying an M4 and water lol
Old 03-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm 5'9" 185lbs with 11% BMI right now but I wanna get a little more size but I also run 2 miles in 11min 17sec so I try and stay conditioned as well. For my job I have to stay pretty agile so I can hump around a 90lbs ruck and keep up with guys carrying an M4 and water lol
I am 6'1/2" about 250 with 14% body fat but I can also bench 365 7 times and I run a mile in 7 min not bad for a guy my size Iam trying to get down to 225 for the summer
Old 03-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

yeah I'm a short ****er lol. but I can bench 315 10times so not too shabby lol. yeah thats a great time for someone your size. Lucky you're knees don't hurt lol. But its 0400 here so its time for me to hit the gym, leg day, second fav day next to back day lol
Old 03-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life View Post
P90X!!

TTT
Heh agreed, I bought it and doing it daily. Kickin my *** and I feel great.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar