It's time for me to get into better shape. Advice welcome! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:59 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Thumbs up It's time for me to get into better shape. Advice welcome!

Starting today I am going to make a big change in my life. I have been at or around 290lbs for the last few years. I'm ready for that to change I am tired of getting tired so fast and not having much energy. The last year has been by far the hardest in my life and I need this change I am ready to start something new. I have a list of exercises to start off with, but I am willing to take any advice!! My goal is to lose weight and bulk up. The actual number of my weight I am not so concerned about. However ideally I would like to be as close to 200lbs as possible. I know this wont be a quick process, but I am ready!

i have started cutting back on how much I eat, but diet suggestions are welcome too as I am not sure what is best. I do love food so I know I need to limit a lot of stuff, but I would still like an open diet.

So far on my list are these.

10 push ups
10 crunches
10 squats
10 leg lifts

This is just a start and if by 10 I feel I can do more I will!

2-3 times a day

If you have any other suggestions feel free to give me your input!
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: It's time for me to get into better shape. Advice welcome!

check out crossfit.com and gymjones.com I use a lot of their stuff when I'm conditioning

what do you have to work with? goals? and also your diet is key to boosting your metabolism and burning fat
Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I'm starting Insanity again, today

I heard that running/power walking is a great way to lose weight. I ran yesterday. Need to get back into it! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

doing HIIT is the best way to lose weight. High Intensity Interval Training.

Here's a workout I do when I'm limited on gym equipment and wanna get my cardio up

20xPush Ups
10xPull Ups
15xBody Squats
10xKB Press (50lb kettle bells in each hand)
10xHanging Leg Raises
15xKB Swings (50lb kettle bell, alternating hands each swing)
10xKB side raises (15-20lbs each hand, can also use dumbbells)
30xFlutter Kicks (4 count)
rest 45 sec

do that 5 times and then do 15 min light jogging or elyptical
Old 03-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I started going to the gym back the year before last in November. Get in the routine of going to the gym 4 days a week. (I know you dont have to actually go to a gym but its a mindset, plus its just easier to go if you have one close by)

Also, working out isnt enough (it will be at first but it wont be soon) you have to determine how many calories you need a day to maintain your weight and then cut it back about 20% (dont starve as you MUST have energy to workout). That will help as
well.

I currently go 4 or 5 days a week for about an hour each trip. I used to mainly do cardio now I am shifting to more weight lifting, and I will shift back probably again to more cardio to mix it up, but I try to always do both. Bottom line is if you take in more calories than you burn you cant lose weight so make sure to keep track of your intake and how much you burn, you do NOT need to starve but you need to cut back about 20%.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

yeah I do cardio once a day and lift heavy once a day 5 days on 1 day of rest, repeat. Gotta set a goal too. Are you trying to get stronger? Lose fat? Both? If so you do cycles of gaining mass and then a cycle of cutting. Doing abs is good bc it makes your core stronger but it does nothing for getting rid of fat and making them show lol. Sprints and dieting are what it takes to lose the flat tire lol
Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Jogging and elliptical for cardio

Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

deff get some walking in ,start slow and work your way up to a fast walk
then once you start getting some off that weight off maybe some running
eat high protein meals ,cut back on carbs
ANYTHING in a package or a box IS NOT good for you ,try and stay away from crackers ,chips etc .... eat a lot of fruit and veggies ,these are filling and you can eat as much as you want !!!!! fiber ,fiber,fiber !!!
I'm 50 , i can do over 100 push ups in one shot and i broke my back on a motor cycle when i was younger , i have good days and bad days because of that
..I NEVER let that stop me or deter me ...
YOU CAN ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT !!
NO PAIN, NO GAIN !! DO IT ,DO IT NOW !!! YOUR BODY WILL thank you

How's that for a pep talk ? lol ....
Old 03-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde View Post
YOU CAN ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT !!
NO PAIN, NO GAIN !! DO IT ,DO IT NOW !!! YOUR BODY WILL thank you
You've seen Pumping Iron to many times lol
Old 03-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang View Post
You've seen Pumping Iron to many times lol
LMAO !!!! ITS NEVER TO MANY
Old 03-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde View Post
LMAO !!!! ITS NEVER TO MANY
haha yeah the book has a lot of great info in it.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

ive lost nearly 50lbs and I need to lose another 30-40... in the last I would say 6 months its been slow going (2lbs a month or so....) which I dont mind as long as its going down... but I want to lose a little faster.

In the last bit ive cut my calories down (tried) to around 2700-3000 a day, which I need (based on calculations) 3500 to maintain. That way im not starving and I still have energy. I try to eat 4 times a day at least and not eat to much. The hard part is in the evening between 2-7 when I dont have time to eat~ so I get hungry and can over eat if in not careful.

My current process is to build up muscle to help me burn more calories. After a bit more of that im going back to cardio. I used to do 45-1 hour (around 425-500 calories) and now I do 20-30 min 2-3 times a week (as of late 2 times....) so I need to work harder on that and have one full day of cardio.. the times I go are based on classes offered as I go with my wife and she takes the classes so... the machines or treadmill is hard to get on sometimes.

I am a creature of habbit so I need to focus on mixing it up.

I currently do (each trip is 45min to an hour if cardio an hour)

chest/biceps and abs one day

triceps/shoulders obliques one day

cardio 45 minutes to an hour one day (generally all on the machine cant job that long at all)

Cardio 20-30 minutes and do some back stuff and abdominals/obliques one day

If I do manage to get in the 5th day is what ever I feel like, generally half cardio and half something else I may have not done enough on etc

Ive got a LONG way to go... but I am trying my best. I need to make sure I go up on weight when I should to help build muscle rather than floating at the same level for ever.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

This may sound Girly lol but if you have a pedometer (I have a pedometer app) and as long as you get 10000 steps in a day, you're on the right track with cardio. Just have to maintain your diet.

I lost 40lbs last year as part of my baby weight. Lots of running. At least get 15 mins of cardio in before lifting weights so your heart is pumping.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
This may sound Girly lol but if you have a pedometer (I have a pedometer app) and as long as you get 10000 steps in a day, you're on the right track with cardio. Just have to maintain your diet.

I lost 40lbs last year as part of my baby weight. Lots of running. At least get 15 mins of cardio in before lifting weights so your heart is pumping.

I watch my heart rate and I can usually tell where its at or close, when doing cardio it usually is at 150-160. When lifting weights im sure it doesnt get nearly that high.

If you do cardio first (at least for me) then your heart rate will stay higher or so it seems to do.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

That's why it's good to get in a little cardio first so your heart keeps maintains that cardio heart rate while you're lifting weights. that's the best way to do it to get the most out of it.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

The first thing you need to realize and dedicate yourself to is that this WILL be a lifestyle change. If you don't integrate this into nearly every aspect of your day to day life, the intensity you have to continue now, wont persist once you've hit your first plateau. I'm talking things like rest, putting a little more effort into menial activities, even just sitting with proper posture all the time.

Exercise: First, you need to determine what body type you are looking for. Are you looking for speed? Strength? Mental strength? Agility? Endurance? Dexterity? There are many different body types you can sculpt for. For instance, I'll be going into a new career field, I am training for military skills. That means I am training for being able to carry large amounts of weight for long periods, long periods of elevated cardio levels, and some mass gain, but more focus on concentrated strength than weight gain though a larger body is more capable of carrying more weight. I have to find that balance for my body type. Mostly, this is about mental resilience.

Flexibility: This is something almost EVERYONE forgets. People tend to think, hey its not a big deal if I don't warm up or cooldown today, I don't have time. I'll just do it later. They are so wrong. Flexibility training is the best injury prevention. Additionally, once you've achieved a level of flexibility, your body feels more balanced and comfortable in nearly all positions.

Rest: 8 hours a night. Period. If you aren't getting it now, you need to rearrange your schedule so you can get it. This is a lifestyle change, and often times this is one of the harder things for people to adjust. Power naps once a day say during your lunch break are great as well.

Diet: Even if your goal is to lose weight, with the right workout program, you can be somewhat liberal with your diet. That being said, fast food and soft drinks are still bad for you regardless. Booze as well. Stop all that regardless of what your goals are. Your body is expending enough resources from exercise recovery to waste some of it on cleaning up after your vices. The biggest thing you need to focus on is several small meals (6) throughout the day. Your body is a battery, batteries prefer trickle charges over dying and getting recharged. If you wait until you are hungry to eat, it's too late. There is no bad food group, they all need moderation. Even fat is good for you. It's one of the most reliable sources of long term energy. Because fats take a long time to fully break down, that fat will be providing you fuel for a long time...BUT you have to be actively using that energy. The same with carbs. You can't just cut ANY type of foods from your diet. You need them ALL. If you want the full scoop, take one consultation with a registered dietician. It will be worth it. You'll learn things like when to eat white rice versus brown rice, that even more serious body builders with balanced diets still don't need protein shakes, etc. On the subject of protein shakes, don't drink them all the time. Use them, at most, to supplement a missed meal. That's all. Too much protein is hard to digest AND dehydrates you.

Hydration: Drink till you piss clear all the time. Period. Your body needs more fluids than most people ever realize. I saw a stat one time that said 78% of Americans are dehydrated. Like eating, if you wait to drink until you are thirsty, you waited too long. Water, Milk, Juices, and occasionally tea. I only say tea occasionally because some tea leaves are a mild diuretic, so they will actually dehydrate you, but the leaves themselves have other great benefits. Most tea also has caffeine which I am strongly against.

Supplements: Don't get into all the hype.
Protein: I already addressed, but bare in mind, most Americans already eat such a protein rich diet we actually intake two to three times more than we actually need per day.
Herbs: too unregulated and too unproven. There is still no herb to date that can be scientifically linked to any cost effective benefit. Don't bother.
Vitamins/misc: A decent multivitamin will do the trick. Be sure you get enough Vitamin D though. Other than enriched foods, your only source for that is the Sun and most people don't get enough if they don't work outside. Also, Fish Oils. And not because of the Omega3 bull****. The oils actually do help with joint pain. I've had a bum knee for the past 3 years, but finally got a schedule with fish oil and have noticed a huge difference.
Males over the age of 25 benefit strongly from Testosterone boosters. The booster I use is called P6 and will recommend it to anyone. Do some web research on it. FDA approved and they have started using it in some cases to treat AIDS patients instead of their chemical cocktails. Whatever you get, make sure it also has a Estrogen blocker regardless.

That should get you started.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I take protein only when I have not had the amt I need each day~ I dont over do it as it wont do you any good to take more than needed.

I need to drink more, I dont drink enough. I try to mainly drink water~ but of course I am not perfect. Booze.. ive got to cut it all out lol or very little (maybe drink some once a month or so)

I get my 8 hours almost always. I try to eat 6 meals a day but it is hard, I generally do 4-5 just the way things are... I eat at 7:30, 10, 12, then 3 and then 6-7. If I miss one its the 3 oclock one. I eat good cereal with no fat milk and OJ in the morning (700 cals~) then a banana at around 10, I am going to start stocking up on apples and eating one around 3~ for lunch I try to do good with some form of good protein~ or something like that.

I am currently mostly interested in cutting weight. Until I hit my first flat spot I did mainly cardio, now I swaped it up and do lifting and less cardio. That has helped but I am back at another stoping point lol.. but this time its also got my diet to do with it .

as you said its a life changing process, I am losing it slow but I am fine with that if thats how it has to be as I dont plan to stop working out or stop eating better... gonna have to keep it up for the long haul. I just want to get down to my expected weight faster lol.

I only take a regular multi vitamin and protein (if needed) I need to look into P6 as I am 29.

another thing ive noticed about myself if I eat to close to before I go to the gym I can tell my blood suger drops and I get weaker etc... so make sure its at least an hour after you eat (and dont eat to much) or you will also have issues.... I try to eat after the issue there is a snack is needed to keep you some energy. Eating good is not easy lol.... it all plays off everything else so doing a couple things right wont work, gotta do it all right
Old 03-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #18
Road Trip!

P90X!!

TTT
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

INSANITY!!

Day 1 today baby!

Old 03-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

I recently started working out too. It's been about a month and a half for me. I go to the gym 3-5 times a week twice a day. I go during my lunch break and do 20 mins of cardio and maybe some light weights. I then go back in the evenings and do anywhere from 20-60 more mins of cardio and weights. (My actual work out) I feel comepletely different and Healthier already. I cheat on food all the time and really need to cut back, but I went to hardcore right off the bat... I went from normal food to pure low low low carbs and high high high protein. I relapsed to regular food but I'm actually about to start back tomorrow.

Chicken, Turkey, and Whole Wheat need to be your friends.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Spec. That's a perfect regiment for weight loss. Anything more than 5lbs a month isn't fat burning off. And to melt fat you gotta keep your heart rate slow or your body will stop burning fat and get into the carbs and protein because it easier to metabolize. Just stay the course your on

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

thanks, it just sucks to go 1-3 months and lose NOTHING and then slowly loose some etc etc lol
Old 03-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
thanks, it just sucks to go 1-3 months and lose NOTHING and then slowly loose some etc etc lol
Something is better than nothing. And think about it. How many years has your body been this way. It's gonna take time to re-train it. Just stay the course your on. It takes time but worth every minute

Built 2 Last TTT
Old 03-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

yea, I would say I am half way there, I want to get around 220~ ... I dont mind it being slow but I hate to think eating X one day put me off an entire week from getting anywhere lol....

I have been doing more weight lifting than cardio so I hope thats not hurting my fat burning to much.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
yea, I would say I am half way there, I want to get around 220~ ... I dont mind it being slow but I hate to think eating X one day put me off an entire week from getting anywhere lol....

I have been doing more weight lifting than cardio so I hope thats not hurting my fat burning to much.
Well the more muscle you have the more calories you can burn. Honestly. The best fat burning exercise there is is walking. It keeps your heart rate stable with no spike so it stays in fat burning mode. As soon as your heartrate gets elevated enough to get into carb burning it's too late and it stays in carb burn mode. And change up your routine so your body never plateaus and gets used to it. Go about your training different everyday and your body has to work harder to compensate. Constantly change it up and you will see results faster.

Built 2 Last TTT
Old 03-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I take protein only when I have not had the amt I need each day~ I dont over do it as it wont do you any good to take more than needed.
Good, excess protein just makes for excessively expensive piss and can, without proper hydration, lead to kidney stones.

Quote:
I need to drink more, I dont drink enough. I try to mainly drink water~ but of course I am not perfect. Booze.. ive got to cut it all out lol or very little (maybe drink some once a month or so)
If you aren't lactose intolerant try to squeeze some milk in there too. Fruit juice can be used as an energy boost too along with one of the snacks. Just be moderate with it. The fruit juice does contain a lot of sugar, but like anything, so long as you stay active, all these "bad" things can be beneficial.

Quote:
I get my 8 hours almost always. I try to eat 6 meals a day but it is hard, I generally do 4-5 just the way things are... I eat at 7:30, 10, 12, then 3 and then 6-7. If I miss one its the 3 oclock one. I eat good cereal with no fat milk and OJ in the morning (700 cals~) then a banana at around 10, I am going to start stocking up on apples and eating one around 3~ for lunch I try to do good with some form of good protein~ or something like that.
It also gets expensive too lol. If I didn't hate having to go to the grocery store all the time, I'd probably get a bunch of bananas about every 2-3 days. They are a great pre and post work out food. Try a tablespoon of peanut butter in your 7:30 meal.

Quote:
I am currently mostly interested in cutting weight. Until I hit my first flat spot I did mainly cardio, now I swaped it up and do lifting and less cardio. That has helped but I am back at another stoping point lol.. but this time its also got my diet to do with it .
So long as you can build lean muscle lifting will do just fine for you. Lean muscle is a primary tool for fat burn (which a test booster will aid in as well). Make sure and get your heart rate up first and keep it up throughout the lift. You can still lift heavy if you want to as well if that is your goal. Just keep a time tight routine and DON'T NEGLECT LEGS! Try an all kettle bells workout...it will kick your ***.

Quote:
as you said its a life changing process, I am losing it slow but I am fine with that if thats how it has to be as I dont plan to stop working out or stop eating better... gonna have to keep it up for the long haul. I just want to get down to my expected weight faster lol.
TRUE fat burn does take it's time. The "success stories" you see of x number of pounds in 2 days nonsense is just that. Most of that weight lost is in either water or muscle. Fat takes a long time to burn which is why it's also a great energy source.

Quote:
I only take a regular multi vitamin and protein (if needed) I need to look into P6 as I am 29.
It's good stuff. I'm 26 and just started using it about two months ago. Right now I'm on the off cycle. Just make sure you adhere to the use cycles. You don't want your body forgetting how to produce testosterone on it's own. I seem to maintain my post work out tone and bulk for much longer. This is especially evident for me because I have been doing more cardio/endurance related exercise than bulking.

Quote:
another thing ive noticed about myself if I eat to close to before I go to the gym I can tell my blood suger drops and I get weaker etc... so make sure its at least an hour after you eat (and dont eat to much) or you will also have issues.... I try to eat after the issue there is a snack is needed to keep you some energy. Eating good is not easy lol.... it all plays off everything else so doing a couple things right wont work, gotta do it all right
Yeah you need something high in energy about 45 minutes before you go work out. This is usually where fruit juice comes in because it's so handy to have around. Drink some OJ with your snack here and that will help your energy level. Another very important thing is your post work out snack. Your body stores glycogen which is a primary energy source for high intensity workouts. After a work out, your body is much more receptive to absorption and replenishment of this store...but only for about 30 minutes. In other words, if you don't give it something to start replenishing that store in the time window, you'll have less energy for the next work out.

Most of this goes back to consulting a dietician. I can't really give weight loss specific only advice as I've never experienced that aspect of training. Most of this is general dietary advice for just about anyone. But if you want precise weight loss info, one consult with plenty of notes taken will be worth the visit.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #27
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

I've worked in a fields close to this. I coached high-school track for a few years, and through that I've had to take nutrition classes and I must say DarkShadow is on the money!

I do want to suggest getting a comprehensive physical (BMI, Heart-screen/stress test, chelostral numbers, blood pressure, etc.) before starting any exercise plan. Not only will it keep you from croaking over, it will also add unity to your program; since you will be able to see change when it happens.

If you don't have insurance you can usually find doctors out there who provide those services for under $300.00.

Also, it doesn't hurt to consult with an RD.

Please: If you don't take any of the above advice, Please warm-up, cool down, and stretch! I learned that the hard way.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

Eat less and move more!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Please: If you don't take any of the above advice, Please warm-up, cool down, and stretch! I learned that the hard way.
+1 even if its just a cheap 10$ fat caliper...it may not be accurate but you can still use it to judge progress.

and don't forget that recovery and rest is one of the most important parts.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post

SPEC THE WEIGHT LIFTING WILL burn more fat in less time , and if you build more muscle you'll burn more fat while your resting ( I'm sure you know that )
just stick to the plan and don't get discouraged , YOU CAN DO IT !!!
AND I ***** WHEN I NEED TO LOOSE 5LBS , I Won't do that anymore ....
I also like to do cardio before i lift ,works better for me ...
Old 03-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde

SPEC THE WEIGHT LIFTING WILL burn more fat in less time , and if you build more muscle you'll burn more fat while your resting ( I'm sure you know that )
just stick to the plan and don't get discouraged , YOU CAN DO IT !!!
AND I ***** WHEN I NEED TO LOOSE 5LBS , I Won't do that anymore ....
I also like to do cardio before i lift ,works better for me ...
And you are raising your heart rate...therefore burning carbs not fat. I used to be the fat kid in school...everyone picked on me cause of it. You gotta keep your heart rate low

PETOM.biz TTT
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop1234 View Post
Eat less and move more!
Counterproductive. You can't be more active and expect your body to perform at a higher level with less fuel. Eating less is asking for starvation mode or muscle cannibalization or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
And you are raising your heart rate...therefore burning carbs not fat. I used to be the fat kid in school...everyone picked on me cause of it. You gotta keep your heart rate low

PETOM.biz TTT
There are more benefits to exercise than losing weight. Elevating your heart rate makes your heart more healthy, and your vascular system more active. It also elevates your white cell count which helps to fight off sickness. It even elevates the oxygen conversion capacity and efficiency of your lungs. While you are correct that initially it burns carbs, it also depends on the type, duration, and intensity of the workouts. Anything that gives a kick to your circulatory system will remove fat.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post

PETOM.biz TTT
keep it low ???
I've been exercising my whole life and never heard that ....
that will not work for me , i need to sweat and get my heart beating !!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

ive heard that if your heart rate gets to high you swap over to carb burning rather than fat~ my resting rate is like 60-70 and at the gym its 155-165 during cardio depending~ and working out lifting not really sure probably 135~
Old 03-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #35
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Muscle & Strength - Huge Muscle Building Site, Store & Community

^^^This....its a forum. At the top got to "workouts" and there are all kinds from beginner to specific parts of your body you would like to work on.Also there is "fat loss/tone" workout.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar