Government Shutdown - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #71
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Government Shutdown

On top of all this, Americans have been losing freedoms since 9/11. The Patriot Act, which not one single Congressman read before signing, stripped away American rights while the TSA, who has never caught one single terrorist, keeps getting more and more out of control.

A previous poster said this country would be worse off if we hadn't invaded Iraq. This country is already worse off now than 10 years ago.

Americans: Losing rights in the name of freedom, since 9/11.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #72
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Brent, the point I am trying to make is that you, as a website owner/developer/administrator are at the proverbial basement of a 10 story building. You aren't able to see from the top down the chess game that is world influence. And you don't get paid to understand it either, but some of our officials that do just that may not be either this month<---see I made a joke there.

Anyway, ok. So let's say we did go for no other reason than the liquid gold. It HAS been 8 years now. Why is gas $4 a gallon?
Since we are such an economically dysfunctional mess here how, by your thinking, was the war a bad idea? It would seem having control over some oil is just exactly a boost we could use right now...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #73
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
On top of all this, Americans have been losing freedoms since 9/11. The Patriot Act, which not one single Congressman read before signing, stripped away American rights while the TSA, who has never caught one single terrorist, keeps getting more and more out of control.

A previous poster said this country would be worse off if we hadn't invaded Iraq. This country is already worse off now than 10 years ago.

Americans: Losing rights in the name of freedom, since 9/11.
Not arguing what you are saying, but no one read Obamacare either.

Speaking of the TSA, this is probably my all time favorite meme ever:

Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #74
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

No I am not a screw other people. I am a don't make excuses for a unfounded war guy.

If we are human before American then we should be using our military for regime change else where.

You don't get it. Going to war and going "OH ****, there isn't any threat to our country here" doesn't mean you can suddenly say "Oh well, at least we still made this country better!".

It's mind blowing, that that is acceptable to people. Starting a war and then making excuses for it after the original excuses for the war were absolutely unfounded.
Did Hussein gas his own people? Yes, that's all I needed. Yes, there are others doing the same thing and need to be dealt with. Yes, we should deal with them. I don't believe in going to war for one thing and suddenly changing the facts but, there are so many like you, that we can't go to war for the sake of human life. Because people like you don't care enough about human life to want to stop the murdering of people when it's not in your yard.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #75
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Brent, the point I am trying to make is that you, as a website owner/developer/administrator are at the proverbial basement of a 10 story building. You aren't able to see from the top down the chess game that is world influence. And you don't get paid to understand it either, but some of our officials that do just that may not be either this month<---see I made a joke there.
Look, it has been 8 years and everything we have been told about Iraq has been bull****.

Unlike George Bush, I understand the following quote:

Quote:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
How many times do politicians have to lie to you? If American citizens are not suppose to hold politicians accountable for a war that existed on 100% false pretense then this country is already done for.

Quote:
Anyway, ok. So let's say we did go for no other reason than the liquid gold. It HAS been 8 years now. Why is gas $4 a gallon?
Since we are such an economically dysfunctional mess here how, by your thinking, was the war a bad idea? It would seem having control over some oil is just exactly a boost we could use right now...
We didn't invade Iraq to get their oil and sell it at .20 a gallon. As with everything in America, it is motivated by money. Just think of how many U.S. companies have benefited from us controlling Iraq already, including Halliburton, whom I know you know who had financial ties to. Halliburton was awarded a $7 billion no bid contract for work in Iraq. On top of that, if we ever get people to stop killing each other in Iraq, we might end up having strong influence over the direction Iraq's oil flows and who is awarded contracts to do the job.

Reddit
Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #76
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
Did Hussein gas his own people? Yes, that's all I needed.
We gave him the chemicals that he gassed his people with!

Quote:
Yes, there are others doing the same thing and need to be dealt with. Yes, we should deal with them. I don't believe in going to war for one thing and suddenly changing the facts but, there are so many like you, that we can't go to war for the sake of human life. Because people like you don't care enough about human life to want to stop the murdering of people when it's not in your yard.
Stop putting words into my mouth. I do care about human life so stop saying I don't. American politicians don't give a **** about human life though, because we have funded and put into power some of the worst Dictators this world has seen.

Right now we are blowing up Libya. Guess who helped put that guy into power?

Reddit
Old 04-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #77
Regular

Quote:
Not arguing what you are saying, but no one read Obamacare either.

Speaking of the TSA, this is probably my all time favorite meme ever:

I understand that no one read it either but two wrongs don't make a right. Ron Paul has a great piece of legislation that would require everyone to read legislation before voting on it.

Reddit
Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #78
Road Trip!

Quote:

We gave him the chemicals that he gassed his people with!

Stop putting words into my mouth. I do care about human life so stop saying I don't. American politicians don't give a **** about human life though, because we have funded and put into power some of the worst Dictators this world has seen.

Right now we are blowing up Libya. Guess who helped put that guy into power?
Okay, but it's clearly its not enough for you to go to war over. So now we can read the future and because we help put these guys into power, we're responsible for them going insane.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #79
Regular

Quote:
Okay, but it's clearly its not enough for you to go to war over.
Of course not. I don't think we should go to war with the entire Middle East, Africa and China. You are correct.

It is not the U.S. Military's job to protect every country from itself.

Reddit
Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #80
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
We didn't invade Iraq to get their oil and sell it at .20 a gallon. As with everything in America, it is motivated by money. Just think of how many U.S. countries have benefited from us controlling Iraq already, including Halliburton, whom I know you know who had financial ties to. Halliburton was awarded a $7 billion no bid contract for work in Iraq.
lol, there would have been plenty of other, less high profile, ways to misappropriate funds to give Cheney a little more spending money than to go full scale war for a decade.

Next thing I'll hear is that 9/11 itself was funded by Halliburton as a "long term investment".
Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #81
Road Trip!

Quote:

Of course not. I don't think we should go to war with the entire Middle East, Africa and China. You are correct.

It is not the U.S. Military's job to protect every country from itself.
Brent, it's good to know you're a people person. You're right when you say it's not our military's job, it's ALL our responsiblity.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #82
Regular

Quote:
lol, there would have been plenty of other, less high profile, ways to misappropriate funds to give Cheney a little more spending money than to go full scale war for a decade.

Next thing I'll hear is that 9/11 itself was funded by Halliburton as a "long term investment".
That is fine. Make light of it. I don't really give a ****. Awarding a 7 billion dollar no bid contract to a company that the Vice President has ties to is ****ing stupid and reeks of corruption.

Why do it any other way when right now you are sitting here and excusing it? Looks like it worked perfectly to me. You obviously have no problem with no bid contracts being handed out at war time to a Vice Presidents former company.

The American dream, dying one excuse at a time.

Reddit
Old 04-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #83
Regular

Quote:
Brent, it's good to know you're a people person. You're right when you say it's not our military's job, it's ALL our responsiblity.
I am a people person. I have not insulted one person here, just stated my beliefs.

I don't believe the United States of America should have used military force to take over Iraq, if that was the only reason given. Which is what you seem to be fishing for.

The same way, I don't believe that we should invade Syria tomorrow for the same reason.

Reddit
Old 04-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #84
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

the last time the government shut down, i lost my job. awesome.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick
the last time the government shut down, i lost my job. awesome.
The last time the government shut down... I wasnt even 2...
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #86
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
The last time the government shut down... I wasnt even 2...
well, it was state government back in 06, they closed, i lost my job

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick

well, it was state government back in 06, they closed, i lost my job
Oh, lol, I meant '95
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 AM   #88
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Oh, lol, I meant '95
I was 10.

Reddit
Old 04-08-2011, 03:54 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

I was 6, only reason I know it was 95 is because when I heard I wasn't getting paid I started searching for things on it
Old 04-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
On a lighter note, DORITOS rereleased their original flavor. Mmmmm blast from the past.
What?! ...and no vote in congress? That's it...moving to Canada...lol
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang
I was 6, only reason I know it was 95 is because when I heard I wasn't getting paid I started searching for things on it
I was in Bosnia...wow...I'm getting old...
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

I never discuss politicts or religion.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #93
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT

What?! ...and no vote in congress? That's it...moving to Canada...lol
Bring a jacket
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Well there, they reached an agreement...soldiers will still get paid, planned parenthood will still be funded, and the defense budget will continue to be rediculously huge and wasteful.

Hell John Boehner could've at least cracked a few tears for me.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #95
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Well there, they reached an agreement...soldiers will still get paid, planned parenthood will still be funded, and the defense budget will continue to be rediculously huge and wasteful.

Hell John Boehner could've at least cracked a few tears for me.
Hey man, we gotta go to Syria next and get them some of that Democracy. That costs a lot of money! I am sure there is a perfectly good bridge or two in there we can blow up and rebuild for them while hundreds of our bridges can't even be inspected due to budget cuts.

Reddit
Old 04-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Hey man, we gotta go to Syria next and get them some of that Democracy. That costs a lot of money! I am sure there is a perfectly good bridge or two in there we can blow up and rebuild for them while hundreds of our bridges can't even be inspected due to budget cuts.
I've read everything you've said on these pages, and all I have to say to you, SIR, is
Old 04-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #97
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina

Well I think it's safe to say that Brent wins this one.....good job buddy.
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #98
Road Trip!

Good job, exactly why this world is fracked up. People care about the dollar, more than the people. Selfish and disgusting.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #99
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Good job, exactly why this world is fracked up. People care about the dollar, more than the people. Selfish and disgusting.
Spin it how you want. I believe in taking care of our country and not starting needless wars that cost American lives. If that is selfish then yep, you are right.

Reddit
Old 04-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #100
Road Trip!

Quote:

Spin it how you want. I believe in taking care of our country and not starting needless wars that cost American lives. If that is selfish then yep, you are right.
Yup. Take the high road saying that the Americans are providing access to freedom while on home ground people aren't working,starving. Prolly should spend some money on the domestic front before spending billions to "free" others.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #101
Regular

US Spending in Iraq
About $900 billion of US taxpayers' funds has been spent or approved for spending through November 2010. $9 billion of this money is lost or unaccounted for, as per ABC News.

In 2009, the U.S. monthly Spending in Iraq was $7.3 billion (as of Oct 2009)

In 2008, the U.S. monthly Spending in Iraq was $12 billion

U.S. Spending per Second - $5,000 in 2008 (as per former per Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid)

Congressional Research Service puts the cost of deploying one U.S. soldier for one year in Iraq as $390,000

Casualties and Troops in Iraq
As of Nov 30, 2010, there were a total 47,000 U.S. troops in Iraq. All other Nations have withdrawn their troops.

As per The Washington Post, there were more than 180,000 Private Contractors in Iraq in August 2007

4,439 US troops are dead and and additional 32,033 are wounded, 20% of which are serious brain or spinal injuries. (Total excludes psychological injuries). 30% of US troops develop serious mental health problems within 3 to 4 months of returning home

So far, 147 Journalists have died in Iraq (14 of them by US Forces), and Iraqi Police and Soldiers casualties stand at 9,830.

A UN issued report dated Sept 20, 2006 stating that Iraqi civilian casualties have been significantly under-reported. Casualties are reported at 50,000 to over 100,000, but may be much higher. Some informed estimates place Iraqi civilian casualities at over 600,000.

Miscellaneous Statistics
The unemployment rate in Iraq is 27% to 60%

In 2007, 28% Iraqi Children were suffering from Chronic Malnutrition (as per CNN)

Average Daily Hours Baghdad Homes Have Electricity - 5.6 in May 2007. Pre-War Daily Hours Baghdad Homes Have Electricity - 16 to 24

82% Iraqis "strongly opposed to presence of coalition troops

What is Really Happening in Iraq (Graphic Images)

Reddit
Old 04-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #102
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I am with not starting needless wars in countries when our own country has it's suffering. Call me a hippy, you are probably right... That's not selfish, it's righteous. It should be what we are focusing on. Keeping ourselves afloat, not throwing our troops in other countries where we don't belong just making everything in this world worse. Good job, America. The beautiful home I grew up in is still for sale and falling apart. Our economy is ridiculous. The focal point is blurry. Just keep running us into the ground, Uncle Sam. I want to call you my
Uncle still... But maybe Senile uncle?

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #103
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
And I want to know how many soldiers come back with psychological issues being exposed to things people can't even dream of and constant stress.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #104
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
I am with not starting needless wars in countries when our own country has it's suffering. Call me a hippy, you are probably right... That's not selfish, it's righteous. It should be what we are focusing on. Keeping ourselves afloat, not throwing our troops in other countries where we don't belong just making everything in this world worse. Good job, America. The beautiful home I grew up in is still for sale and falling apart. Our economy is ridiculous. The focal point is blurry. Just keep running us into the ground, Uncle Sam. I want to call you my
Well put
Old 04-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #105
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
And I want to know how many soldiers come back with psychological issues being exposed to things people can't even dream of and constant stress.
+1
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar