Texas... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina
Texas...

We all know that people through big cities such as Dallas, Georgia, Raleigh, and all others like that drive this fast regardless, but still doing it legally is going to be strange.. Texas Speed Limit Raised: Is it Safe?
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
The 85 MPH speed limit obviously doesn't apply everywhere. In fact, it applies almost nowhere, at least in my area. It is supposedly already 80, but I haven't seen a single road with an 80 MPH speed limit the entire time I've lived in Texas. That includes open interstate like I30, 20 and 35... I'm guessing the only places it will apply will be out west.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Re: Texas...

Its doesn't matter what they raise it to the retarded drivers will still drive 40/50 mph in the fastlane. That is what they need to focus on.Driving to slow on the interstate can cause accident also.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Its doesn't matter what they raise it to the retarded drivers will still drive 40/50 mph in the fastlane. That is what they need to focus on.Driving to slow on the interstate can cause accident also.
Yeah, especially if you're doing 100+, right DD
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
I don't think people realize how far it is across Texas almost 900 miles north to south and east to west. Almost a day and a half driving time. I drove that many time in a tractor trailer. It would be nice to crank it up.

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I drove from Austin to Dallas and from Dallas to Houston and then from Houston to Baton Rouge and never saw anything higher than 70.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
Yeah, especially if you're doing 100+, right DD
Sarcasim? Seriously.....people dont need to be driving 40-50mph on the interstate.I cant count the times when Ive been in the fast lane doing 75 and someone doing 55 just pulls on over into the fastlane for no apparent reason and continues to drive 55.....why? I drive the interstate everyday and through the city all...day...long and its very frustrating when people do things like slow down in the middle of traffic to look at a building or not use their turnsignals or better yet like this morning....the old man doing 40 in a 70mph zone in the fast lane decides he wants in my lane and starts to come over into my fender,I lay on the horn,he turns and looks at me and just keeps coming like he has the right of way,i stay on the horn,he looks again only to see he is about to cause a accident and whips back into the fastlane doing 40.After I pass him I look in the rearview and see he is NOW using his TURNSIGNAL. Thats not unsafe!?! That could have changed alot of peoples lives right there. (rant)
Old 04-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
The 85 MPH speed limit obviously doesn't apply everywhere. In fact, it applies almost nowhere, at least in my area. It is supposedly already 80, but I haven't seen a single road with an 80 MPH speed limit the entire time I've lived in Texas. That includes open interstate like I30, 20 and 35... I'm guessing the only places it will apply will be out west.

Well I think what they're trying to do is change the base speed in TX on the interstate to 85...like NC's usual speed on our interstates is 65. Obviously there are places where it's rated higher or lower but the majority of roads are 65...I think that's what they're proposing in TX and having the majority change up to 85...I don't think it's very smart though because you have some people who can't drive for **** or people that don't change speed for weather and they think you HAVE to do the speed limit...I think 75 is the max the limit should be...
Old 04-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby View Post
Well I think what they're trying to do is change the base speed in TX on the interstate to 85...like NC's usual speed on our interstates is 65. Obviously there are places where it's rated higher or lower but the majority of roads are 65...I think that's what they're proposing in TX and having the majority change up to 85...I don't think it's very smart though because you have some people who can't drive for **** or people that don't change speed for weather and they think you HAVE to do the speed limit...I think 75 is the max the limit should be...
I don't think that is at all what they are doing. The normal speed on most every interstate is going to continue to be 70 MPH during the day and 65 MPH at night, just like it is now. This includes all the interstates to and from the major cities as Brent mentioned above: Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin.

All they are doing is making it legal to have speed limits up to 85 MPH, which will likely only be used for things like I20 and I10 out toward El Paso. As I said above, the reason I say this is that the law currently is 80 MPH. But I have NEVER seen a road that actually had an 80 MPH speed limit. I have never driven out west either though...

Scary stuff.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302

I don't think that is at all what they are doing. The normal speed on most every interstate is going to continue to be 70 MPH during the day and 65 MPH at night, just like it is night. This includes all the interstates to and from the major cities as Brent mentioned above: Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin.

All they are doing is making it legal to have speed limits up to 85 MPH, which will likely only be used for things like I20 and I10 out toward El Paso. As I said above, the reason I say this is that the law currently is 80 MPH. But I have NEVER seen a road that actually had an 80 MPH speed limit. I have never driven out west either though...
Your speed limits change at night??? Dang that's weird.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #11
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
They do and in some places they are different for car and big rigs.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Yup. It's the most retarded thing ever in my opinion. I personally feel safer driving at night because it is easier to see if cars are in your blind spot, etc. by the headlights.

Scary stuff.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #13
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Yup. It's the most retarded thing ever in my opinion. I personally feel safer driving at night because it is easier to see if cars are in your blind spot, etc. by the headlights.
and there is less traffic.... my last ticket was at 3AM on I20 outside of Tuscaloosa. 83 in a 70.

Reddit
Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Sarcasim? Seriously.....people dont need to be driving 40-50mph on the interstate.I cant count the times when Ive been in the fast lane doing 75 and someone doing 55 just pulls on over into the fastlane for no apparent reason and continues to drive 55.....why? I drive the interstate everyday and through the city all...day...long and its very frustrating when people do things like slow down in the middle of traffic to look at a building or not use their turnsignals or better yet like this morning....the old man doing 40 in a 70mph zone in the fast lane decides he wants in my lane and starts to come over into my fender,I lay on the horn,he turns and looks at me and just keeps coming like he has the right of way,i stay on the horn,he looks again only to see he is about to cause a accident and whips back into the fastlane doing 40.After I pass him I look in the rearview and see he is NOW using his TURNSIGNAL. Thats not unsafe!?! That could have changed alot of peoples lives right there. (rant)
I agree but are they really doing 40 in a 70. What bugs me is when they're doing just 5 mph under posted but there is a football field between them and the car in front of them. Aaarrrgghhhhh die
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
I agree but are they really doing 40 in a 70. What bugs me is when they're doing just 5 mph under posted but there is a football field between them and the car in front of them. Aaarrrgghhhhh die

Yes sir,I **** you not! I have been stuck behind them many times,look down at my Speedo and I'm like,"40mph"!?!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

I drove through Arizona where the speed limit was 75. I think it's 80 in Utah also. The western states have the right idea.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #17
Regular

I drove in Colorado where it was 75 as well. From Denver to Cheyenne, WY

Reddit
Old 04-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Almost sounds like they do all this to get people messed up on what the limits are so you can get caught and give tickets out LOL. This way no one will be ableto know what the speed limit is where and whatever time of day it may be.
It mostly about $$$$ in the end.
gixxer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I live I tx and I drove to Florida and it never got over 75 lol there were some people that kept doing 65 and it drove my daddy crazy but I like the speeds here. True if u get caught the cops r tuff but they do have legit speeds

I <3 MY STANG
2007v6babyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer007 View Post
Almost sounds like they do all this to get people messed up on what the limits are so you can get caught and give tickets out LOL. This way no one will be ableto know what the speed limit is where and whatever time of day it may be.
It mostly about $$$$ in the end.
this is the US man...everything's about money....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
texas