Good morning M.E. - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #71
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Happy belated birthday lorrie. What presents did ya get
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #72
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
For people who claim the internet isn't serious business you sure do get upset over things that happen on the internet. What's wrong with posting this stuff in the chat thread? Other than just to spite my decision?
Well Brent I have read the chit chat thread and most of the posters there aren't really my buddies. However most of the posters over in this one are. I am just choosing not to indulge in their conversations. I have no interest in them. But I do have interest in the conversations in this one. I would rather not instigate or take part in any possible arguement. So I will just hang out with my friends. I am not breaking any rules that I am aware of and if I am please let me know and I will cease breaking them.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Take a look at my posts in that previous thread. Not once did I call anyone honey or baby nor did I call anyone down. K Nate. So I will continue to post like I always have.
+1
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #74
Road Trip!

Al...you around
Old 04-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #75
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Al...you around
Hey my brother. What up?
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #76
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

Hey my brother. What up?
Not much. You workin I assume
Old 04-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #77
Road Trip!

Quote:

No man. Just got home.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #78
Road Trip!

Nice. So my cylinder isn't scored so I am just gonna put my 2v back together. I gave the seller of the 4v motor 500 today. So now I gotta come up with 200 more to get it shipped.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #79
Road Trip!

I am going to rebuild the 4v with forged guts. Then bolt that m112 on top. 600 hp here I come
Old 04-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #80
Road Trip!

Quote:
I am going to rebuild the 4v with forged guts. Then bolt that m112 on top. 600 hp here I come
Hell yeah. What's the deal with the 4v? Does it need building? What did it come out of?
Old 04-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #81
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
so wheres the BS thread? no more activity or was it closed? its been a while since i've been able to get on.
Yup got closed. Someone got butthurt about something. I dunno
Old 04-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #82
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Good morning M.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Al...you around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
Hey my brother. What up?
Quote:
Quote:
No man. Just got home.
Quote:
Yup got closed. Someone got butthurt about something. I dunno
I am not going to say this again. This thread is not going to turn into a general chat thread. We have one of those already. You can choose to take part in it or not, that is up to you.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f311/t287646/

If you can not respect this then please do not post. I am not asking for a lot here. I am asking for you to respect my decision and move on.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #83
Road Trip!

What your asking is that we all post in that thread. Well I don't want to chat with everyone in that thread. I don't understand the problem with a couple friends chatting amongst themselves. Are we hurting someones feelings. Or alienating anyone. Or are you saying that that is the only bar thread people can chat in. I don't have to post in that one. Or is it a rule now that people can only chat in that thread. We are following your rules. There has been no sexual innuendo nor alienation of members. So exactly what are we doing wrong here
Old 04-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #84
Regular

Quote:
What your asking is that we all post in that thread. Well I don't want to chat with everyone in that thread.
Then don't talk to them... we are not going to have one thread for everyone person to talk to their small group of friends.

Quote:
I don't understand the problem with a couple friends chatting amongst themselves. Are we hurting someones feelings. Or alienating anyone. Or are you saying that that is the only bar thread people can chat in. I don't have to post in that one. Or is it a rule now that people can only chat in that thread. We are following your rules. There has been no sexual innuendo nor alienation of members. So exactly what are we doing wrong here
We have a thread where you can do exactly what you are doing in here. Why you can't post in there, just because some other people post in there that you do not consider "friends" is beyond me.

Reddit
Old 04-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #85
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

Then don't talk to them... we are not going to have one thread for everyone person to talk to their small group of friends.

We have a thread where you can do exactly what you are doing in here. Why you can't post in there, just because some other people post in there that you do not consider "friends" is beyond me.
Because Brent. I come on this site to talk with my friends. I really am not looking for anyone elses input. So rather then getting mad and getting an infraction I will just stick to my friends. Why you feel the need to control everyones conversations is beyond me. Would you like to proof read my post before I post them. I am not breaking any rules. Quite the opposite. You just don't like it. Is this some kind of commie site or are you just a control freak. Do as you tell me or get out. Is that how this works
Old 04-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #86
Regular

Quote:
Because Brent. I come on this site to talk with my friends. I really am not looking for anyone elses input. So rather then getting mad and getting an infraction I will just stick to my friends. Why you feel the need to control everyones conversations is beyond me. Would you like to proof read my post before I post them. I am not breaking any rules. Quite the opposite. You just don't like it. Is this some kind of commie site or are you just a control freak. Do as you tell me or get out. Is that how this works
We have private messages if you would like to talk to your friends and your friends only. We can not have a thread for every person who wants to have a one on one conversation with someone.

Reddit
Old 04-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #87
Road Trip!

How exactly do a group of friends chat in pms. How do I get my other friends input. Pm each one of them. Doesn't sound like much of a conversation. Tell ya what Brent. It's obvious that you are trying to chase some of us off,kinda like what your saying some members were doing to other members. I am just wondering why it's ok for you to do it and no one else
Old 04-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #88
Road Trip!

Well Brent, with all due respect and I mean with all due respect. This wasn't my intention. Although I have seen you post people to leave a certain thread that I'm not gonna name if they can't handle posting in there. Now I was just saying hi and what's ups mostly on this thread and I participated in the chit thread. I don't think any rules were broken here and I have made quite a few friends on this site. I am not planning on insulting or offending on any thread and I don't expect to be attacked either. I'll play by your rules and will report others that do try and attack or offend me. Myself and certain others may talk crude to each other and if that needs to stop so be it. But there should be no double standards here. It's your site so if everyone but me can say whatever they want but me so be it. This is a social networking site before anything so i really dont understand the honey/sweety thing but thats your rules. Hope i didnt offend any women here by calling them honey/sweety. If so i appologize. Hey its your rules. But that ain't worth an velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #89
Regular

Quote:
How exactly do a group of friends chat in pms. How do I get my other friends input. Pm each one of them. Doesn't sound like much of a conversation. Tell ya what Brent. It's obvious that you are trying to chase some of us off,kinda like what your saying some members were doing to other members. I am just wondering why it's ok for you to do it and no one else
Everett,

You are refusing to post in the Chit Chat thread. I am not banning you from doing anything. If you can not be an adult about ignoring peoples post whom you do not want feedback from or taking advantage of our ignore system, then I can not help you.

I am telling you that every group of people can not have their own general chat thread. No one is preventing you from using the general chat thread. You are refusing to use it.

If you want feedback for a tech question then you can obviously create a thread for it. If you just want 3 or 4 peoples opinion and no one elses, then you do not need to be posting it in an open forum.

Reddit
Old 04-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #90
Regular

Quote:
Well Brent, with all due respect and I mean with all due respect. This wasn't my intention. Although I have seen you post people to leave a certain thread that I'm not gonna name if they can't handle posting in there. Now I was just saying hi and what's ups mostly on this thread and I participated in the chit thread. I don't think any rules were broken here and I have made quite a few friends on this site. I am not planning on insulting or offending on any thread and I don't expect to be attacked either. I'll play by your rules and will report others that do try and attack or offend me. Myself and certain others may talk crude to each other and if that needs to stop so be it. But there should be no double standards here. It's your site so if everyone but me can say whatever they want but me so be it. This is a social networking site before anything so i really dont understand the honey/sweety thing but thats your rules. Hope i didnt offend any women here by calling them honey/sweety. If so i appologize. Hey its your rules. But that ain't worth an velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.
I do not understand where you are getting this from. There is a new chat thread and there are some guidelines for it. You guys do not want to post in there. That is fine. However, please do not talk to me about double standards. This goes for everyone. You guys are the one pushing this right now, which is why I am talking to you. I have asked nicely that the conversation be moved to the chit chat thread and I have been ignored.

I should have never let the B.S. thread turn into what it did and go on for so long. That is my fault and people that are used to that kind of stuff are now mad. I get it.

However, this is not an online dating site or a place where people can be excluded from conversation in an open forum. If, like Everett, you do not want anyone elses input but a few people's, then you should not be posting a question in an open forum.

Reddit
Old 04-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #91
Road Trip!

I understand and agree that the bs thread got completely carried away. It was pretty crude at times. Like I said before, if any women were offended by my flirting I apologize. I can't speak for anyone else who may have also. This is a social networking site. Make friends male and female. There will be leg humpings every time a new cute girl shows up. That **** is gonna happen. Unfortunately a select few of us are being singled out. Ok we asked for some of it but not all. I definitely dont want to take part in another drunk thread for sure. I'll post on your chit thread but if the conversation becomes uninteresting, I may start a conversation somewheres else. I think that we can all see what's going on really. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I would call duck. Close this thread if you will. No big deal. Threads will take turns and some of us friends will take over conversations. And no we may not want some people in conversations if they are just there to make trouble. 6 or 10 or so people may want to hold their own conversation. That's just how it is. Everybody will not get along.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #92
Regular

Quote:
I understand and agree that the bs thread got completely carried away. It was pretty crude at times. Like I said before, if any women were offended by my flirting I apologize. I can't speak for anyone else who may have also. This is a social networking site. Make friends male and female. There will be leg humpings every time a new cute girl shows up. That **** is gonna happen. Unfortunately a select few of us are being singled out.
I don't understand why you feel singled out. Everything I have stated goes for everyone. You guys are trying to push things on the forum right now, so please do not pretend otherwise.

Quote:
Ok we asked for some of it but not all. I definitely dont want to take part in another drunk thread for sure. I'll post on your chit thread but if the conversation becomes uninteresting, I may start a conversation somewheres else.
If the conversation is uninteresting, then whatever you were going to say in another thread could be said in that thread. I don't understand why this is so hard to get? The general chat thread is basically a B.S. thread with guidelines now. Nothing really changed about it, other than removing the sort of things that got the B.S. thread shut down.

Quote:
I think that we can all see what's going on really. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I would call duck.
I don't speak in code. If you have a problem with me or something I am doing, you should send me a PM explaining it. Otherwise, this little code talk is going to solve nothing.

Quote:
Close this thread if you will. No big deal. Threads will take turns and some of us friends will take over conversations. And no we may not want some people in conversations if they are just there to make trouble. 6 or 10 or so people may want to hold their own conversation. That's just how it is. Everybody will not get along.
I do not believe my request is unreasonable. This is an open forum, not facebook. If you want to talk about a topic, that is fine. However, this thread is turning into exactly what the chit chat thread is meant to be. There is no reason people can not post there and if someone starts a problem it can be dealt with.

Reddit
Old 04-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
Awesome pics

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #94
Road Trip!

The request is reasonable. I'm speaking for more than one who feels singled out. I can handle it personally. I'm not defending myself as much as I am defending friends. The chit thread is fine but maybe we may need more than one of them. Some folks can talk drinking, some can talk sports, some can just talk ****. That may be a solution. I personally don't mind crashing anyones conversation but some people can't handle trolling. And **** will get carried away at times. I don't think you have ever seen me lose my composure since I've been here. I am mainly speaking for some other friends that may give more of a **** than I do.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #95
Regular

Quote:
The request is reasonable. I'm speaking for more than one who feels singled out. I can handle it personally. I'm not defending myself as much as I am defending friends. The chit thread is fine but maybe we may need more than one of them. Some folks can talk drinking, some can talk sports, some can just talk ****. That may be a solution. I personally don't mind crashing anyones conversation but some people can't handle trolling. And **** will get carried away at times. I don't think you have ever seen me lose my composure since I've been here. I am mainly speaking for some other friends that may give more of a **** than I do.
Like I said, no one is being singled out from my viewpoint. I asked Everett to simply move the chit chat to the appropriate thread. Now I am a communist according to him. If you feel like someone has been out of line and that I have missed that or ignore that, again, bring it to my attention. For someone to be singled out, there has to be someone else that is getting away with something. I am simply asking you to explain your complaint about that more so that it can be fixed.

Please PM me with your concerns. This thread has gone in this direction long enough.

Reddit
Old 04-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #96
Road Trip!

I think you did single out some people when you made the rule about calling women honey/baby because their were only a few that did and they know who they are. I myself enjoyed the bs thread very much and looked forward to reading it every day but when you closed it, it kind of pissed me off. Everyone that posted in there was warned to have thick skin and everyone pretty much was alright with that. You are always going to have cry babies that get butthurt for getting called gay or ******. But I and many many others found it entertaining, your chit chat thread so far is pretty boring because everyone is afraid they will type something wrong and get banned.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #97
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman View Post
I think you did single out some people when you made the rule about calling women honey/baby because their were only a few that did and they know who they are.
Yes, that was part of the cleaning up part. How else was I going to stop that?

Quote:
I myself enjoyed the bs thread very much and looked forward to reading it every day but when you closed it, it kind of pissed me off. Everyone that posted in there was warned to have thick skin and everyone pretty much was alright with that. You are always going to have cry babies that get butthurt for getting called gay or ******. But I and many many others found it entertaining, your chit chat thread so far is pretty boring because everyone is afraid they will type something wrong and get banned.
Unfortunately, I should have never allowed the B.S. thread to exist. That kind of topic is only going to cause problems and it did constantly.

I take responsibility for allowing it to happen.

Again, please PM if you have comments regarding this. Any further posts that do not regard the topic will be deleted.

Reddit
Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #98
Road Trip!

Region: California
Purple Rainbows in the Morning
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #99
Road Trip!

Waking up with a morning wood.