What are you drinking thread - Page 23 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #771
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08

Ok. Sounds good.
What good beer actually comes out of Texas exactly???
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #772
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I heard jk black metal imperial stout is a really good beer from texas. Ive never personally tried it but i will be soon.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #773
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Quote:
I heard jk black metal imperial stout is a really good beer from texas. Ive never personally tried it but i will be soon.
Southern Tier - Imperial Choklat Stout. If you can find THAT beer or Southern Tier - Pumpking, hands down you'll never have anything as good again in your life.
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 02:17 AM   #774
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
****in' Rednecks - Moonpie IPA is definitely the best beer from Texas, if not the best in the world. It's 43.35% APV and tastes like.... Well you'll just have to try it yourself.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #775
Registered Member
Regular

Re: What are you drinking thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
****in' Rednecks - Moonpie IPA is definitely the best beer from Texas, if not the best in the world. It's 43.35% APV and tastes like.... Well you'll just have to try it yourself.
43.35% ABV!?!?! I'm calling out the doubt card here. You arrange a bottle of that to be sent to me & I"ll send you a bottle of Imperial Choklat Stout from Southern Tier!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:20 AM   #776
Legacy Member
Legacy

It is. Their Hubcap Stout is pretty good too.

Scary stuff.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:22 AM   #777
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It is. Their Hubcap Stout is pretty good too.
I'm still doubting an ABV at that percentage. I would've heard about that high of an octane beer.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #778
Legacy Member
Legacy

You gotta get out of the Pac NW to get the really good beer. Have you heard of Zanzibar - Hoppy McHopsALot. It's yummy with a slight taste of hazel nut.

Scary stuff.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:35 AM   #779
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You gotta get out of the Pac NW to get the really good beer. Have you heard of Zanzibar - Hoppy McHopsALot. It's yummy with a slight taste of hazel nut.
Nope, but we have Rogue - Hazelnut Brown Nectar & John John Hazelnut Brown which is the hazelnut ale aged in hazelnut rum barrels. I'd stake money that the ales & lagers from the Pacific NW far surpass those coming out of Texas, sir.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #780
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
Ok, I want to try that just for the name

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #781
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Imperial chocolate stout is all over the place here. When is the last time you visited TX Pete?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #782
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Imperial chocolate stout is all over the place here. When is the last time you visited TX Pete?
21 years ago.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #783
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Starbucks iced mocha

Old 06-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #784
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT View Post
21 years ago.
So was that before you could legally drink or no? So if you havent been to TX in 21 hrs how can you say that there is no what you consider "good beer" here? Like someone said we have bars like flying saucer that has a butt load of taps and not to mention a ton of neighbor bar like Little woodrows and gingermans that has over 100 and 6th,7th,8th streets downtown which is 6 blocks with nothing but beer bars and shot bars one right after the other.You couldn't do a beer crawl in all those places in one night and you can leave one and enter the next one over and over again before you get to the end of the block.......and that's just one side of the street........on one of the mentioned streets. We also have Specs (several locations) and they are large as a Academy sportings goods store and full of every craft,import and domestic beer. They actually carry every product we sell. Then we are also home of the Whole Food headquarters which sell a ton of those brews that you like.

Ever had the Blvd brands from Kansas? Two jokers,Dark truth stout,Tank 7,Saison Brett,Single and double wide,Boss toms,Zon or Sixth glass? I think you would like those,the dark truth is 8%. I'm not a huge fan of these but alot are. They are one of our suppliers and we have grown their market share here in Austin over the past 2 1/2 years that we have been distributing their line.

Let's not forget campus on the University of Texas where those kids think it's cool to drink all those dark,hoppy,chocolatey blah ba dee blah blah blah beers.

How bout some Gulden Draak.......10.5% we recently stopes selling the Global brands.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #785
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
So was that before you could legally drink or no? So if you havent been to TX in 21 hrs how can you say that there is no what you consider "good beer" here? Like someone said we have bars like flying saucer that has a butt load of taps and not to mention a ton of neighbor bar like Little woodrows and gingermans that has over 100 and 6th,7th,8th streets downtown which is 6 blocks with nothing but beer bars and shot bars one right after the other.You couldn't do a beer crawl in all those places in one night and you can leave one and enter the next one over and over again before you get to the end of the block.......and that's just one side of the street........on one of the mentioned streets. We also have Specs (several locations) and they are large as a Academy sportings goods store and full of every craft,import and domestic beer. They actually carry every product we sell. Then we are also home of the Whole Food headquarters which sell a ton of those brews that you like.

Ever had the Blvd brands from Kansas? Two jokers,Dark truth stout,Tank 7,Saison Brett,Single and double wide,Boss toms,Zon or Sixth glass? I think you would like those,the dark truth is 8%. I'm not a huge fan of these but alot are. They are one of our suppliers and we have grown their market share here in Austin over the past 2 1/2 years that we have been distributing their line.

Let's not forget campus on the University of Texas where those kids think it's cool to drink all those dark,hoppy,chocolatey blah ba dee blah blah blah beers.

How bout some Gulden Draak.......10.5% we recently stopes selling the Global brands.
Are you a distributor or something?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #786
Regular
Supporter

I'm a division manager in sales for Keg1Central Texas which is a Miller house but we carry quite a few craft and imports. Been doing it for 14yrs come January.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #787
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
I'm a division manager in sales for Keg1Central Texas which is a Miller house but we carry quite a few craft and imports. Been doing it for 14yrs come January.
Do you get to drink beer on the job?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #788
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's a pleasure to meet a man in the know regarding beer. Are you guys bringing anything in from the PAC NW and if so, what brands?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #789
Regular
Supporter

We are mostly a Miller house but carry the Guinness family which includes Harp,Smithwicks,buckler and Kaliber,Heineken/H.P.L. and Amstel lt and Newcastle family,Cristal,Cusquena,Petes wicked ales,Leinenkugels (miller product from Wisconsin) Blvd ales,wheats and stouts,Fosters,Pilsner Urquell,Red Stripe,Sunner Kolsch,Pancho Verde,Monks ale,Alien amber and wit,Castello,Bards.We recently picked up Rheingolds.......

and of course we keep it real with Olde English and Mickeys,lol.

@ Amie.....yes we do get to drink on the job.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #790
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We are mostly a Miller house but carry the Guinness family which includes Harp,Smithwicks,buckler and Kaliber,Heineken/H.P.L. and Amstel lt and Newcastle family,Cristal,Cusquena,Petes wicked ales,Leinenkugels (miller product from Wisconsin) Blvd ales,wheats and stouts,Fosters,Pilsner Urquell,Red Stripe,Sunner Kolsch,Pancho Verde,Monks ale,Alien amber and wit,Castello,Bards.We recently picked up Rheingolds.......

Maybe I'll have a little more respect for the champagne of beers now. Any chance of getting some samples sent my way?
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #791
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Shocks... Pegs... LUCKY!

Wait, so do I

Old 06-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #792
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Knight F Mohawk

"sizurp".......because I have a migraine

-Will
Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #793
Registered Member
Regular

Bridgeport - Stumptown Strawberry Tart followed by Full Sail - Session Premium Black Lager. Soooo delicious.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #794
Regular
Supporter

Water....this weekend I will be testing out Black Metal while listening to some Black Metal...its only right.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #795
Registered Member
Regular

My brother works at starbucks so im getting free starbucks
Old 06-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #796
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
My brother works at starbucks so im getting free starbucks
That was one of my favorite jobs lol

Old 06-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #797
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

That was one of my favorite jobs lol
Why was it? Cuz u got free coffee? Lol
Old 06-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #798
Regular
Supporter

Coffee with booze in it.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #799
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Coffee with booze in it.
Water, thinkin' about having the champagne of beers.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #800
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT View Post
Water, thinkin' about having the champagne of beers.
Livin the high life?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #801
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Livin the high life?
Thinkin' about it. Gotta keep my peeps working.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:07 AM   #802
Registered Member
Regular

Ninkasi - Tricerahops
Old 06-23-2011, 03:17 AM   #803
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Livin the high life?
How do I proposition MGD to make an Imperial Miller Genuine Draft?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #804
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Why was it? Cuz u got free coffee? Lol
Heck yes!

Old 06-23-2011, 05:51 AM   #805
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Orange juice

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar