XBOX or PS3? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #71
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

I am 25. I have owned a NES, SNES, N64, Playstation 1-3 and xBox 360. I still have my NES, SNES and N64. I have a PS3 and xBox 360 currently hooked up.

I'd still rather play a First Person Shooter on the PC any day. The accuracy isn't there with a controller and if you think it is I long for the day that I can login to my Call of Duty on PC and play someone on xBox. There is no comparison.

On top of just the game play, the graphics and processing power of consoles can in no way compare to that of PC's. If you want proof just look at the latest Crysis game that came out. The quality has been compromised because it was developed for Console first and PC later.

The very fact that consoles can not scale higher than 1080P is proof. You have limited yourself to 1080 pixels when since the early 2000's computers have been spitting that out with ease.

I mean, Call of Duty had lean removed from it because it was developed for consoles first. Lean. If you play a first person shooter and you can't lean around a corner then it isn't worth playing period. It's just dumb. Consoles limit the ability of game programmers to be creative. To restrictive.

I don't know how old you are but consoles have brought down gaming, not propped it up. Consoles are propped up and are more accessible because they can be profited from easier. It is harder to pirate PS3 and xBox games. You can't even play online with xBox without paying!

Consoles are killing games. They are dumbing them down. Really, the computer games last hope is Steam, but it is a bitter sweet deal because the games developed for it are also developed for console. Which defeats the purpose of having the power of a computer.
1. Don't argue your lack of skill with a controller. If YOU need a mouse, don't put down the player who DOESN'T by calling them a fanboy.

2. BS I'll agree that some quality in graphics and performance is hurt in comparison to a 3000.00 pc but it is so minimal that its NOTHING to cry about or for the PC user to brag about.

3. No need to go higher than 1080p. Give me a reason to go higher, I'm in the mood for a laugh.

4. Your need for a "lean" tells me you're a camper and that your skill might be a lot lower than I think. I kill campers like the lame little bugs they are.

5. You have that backwards, consoles have put video games into the main stream and the market has exploded. Video games and console sales top every form of entertainment. I'm assuming by your pirate comment, that you pirate or torrent pc games. If so that's not a positive argument. Xbox Live is well worth the .13 a day to get rid of the riff raff. I'd pay double that to keep them out. Anyone who thinks free is better than LIVE is a complete moron. I've played on them all and they're a joke compared to LIVE.

"Consoles are dumbing games down" that statement might be the dumbest thing I've heard.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

1. Don't argue your lack of skill with a controller. If YOU need a mouse, don't put down the player who DOESN'T by calling them a fanboy.

2. BS I'll agree that some quality in graphics and performance is hurt in comparison to a 3000.00 pc but it is so minimal that its NOTHING to cry about or for the PC user to brag about.

3. No need to go higher than 1080p. Give me a reason to go higher, I'm in the mood for a laugh.

4. Your need for a "lean" tells me you're a camper and that your skill might be a lot lower than I think. I kill campers like the lame little bugs they are.

5. You have that backwards, consoles have put video games into the main stream and the market has exploded. Video games and console sales top every form of entertainment. I'm assuming by your pirate comment, that you pirate or torrent pc games. If so that's not a positive argument. Xbox Live is well worth the .13 a day to get rid of the riff raff. I'd pay double that to keep them out. Anyone who thinks free is better than LIVE is a complete moron. I've played on them all and they're a joke compared to LIVE.

"Consoles are dumbing games down" that statement might be the dumbest thing I've heard.
Just one thing... Paying keeps the riff raff out?!? I play at friends houses and all I hear are little 12 year olds being immature and cussing everybody out... It doesn't keep anyone out.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Just one thing... Paying keeps the riff raff out?!? I play at friends houses and all I hear are little 12 year olds being immature and cussing everybody out... It doesn't keep anyone out.
+1000 ...sry man, but as far as players go LIVE is the same as PS network
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #74
Road Trip!

Quote:

Haha if you think there are 19 million 12 yr olds you're mistaken, your skill level just matches you up with 12 yr olds. Hahaha
Old 04-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #75
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

+1000 ...sry man, but as far as players go LIVE is the same as PS network
See above for what I think about that. Hahahaha
Old 04-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #76
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: XBOX or PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
It isn't lack of skill. Playing a first person shooter with your thumbs is dumb. You are intentionally making it harder for yourself. The precision is not there with an analog joystick. Period.

Quote:
Sorry but you don't need a 3,000 dollar PC to push graphics higher than 1920x1080.

Quote:
Higher quality. If you want to laugh at that, then feel free too. If you are complacent with lesser quality, which it appears you are, then that is you. I am not.

Quote:
If you camp then it means you don't move. I feel for you if you think real life tactics mean you run out around corners blindly instead of looking around corners so that you know what you are about to encounter.

Quote:
5. You have that backwards, consoles have put video games into the main stream and the market has exploded. Video games and console sales top every form of entertainment.
I don't have it backwards. You just said exactly what I did. Console games have been made mainstream because they can be made quicker and cheaper. There is a reason the move has been made to console and it has everything to do with money.

Quote:
I'm assuming by your pirate comment, that you pirate or torrent pc games. If so that's not a positive argument.
I do not. My point is it is done from a business perspective. Computer games are easier to pirate so development of games are moving more to the console side because of this. That was my point. Nothing more and nothing less.

Quote:
Xbox Live is well worth the .13 a day to get rid of the riff raff. I'd pay double that to keep them out. Anyone who thinks free is better than LIVE is a complete moron. I've played on them all and they're a joke compared to LIVE.
Why must you call people morons that disagree with you? Again, I ask how old you are? I happen to think that having the ability to host and customize your own server is a very nice thing.

Quote:
Lesser quality, lesser features and less customizing is dumbing down, to me. So while you may think it is dumb, I do not.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #77
Regular

This is the result of Crysis 2 being made for Consoles first and PC later:

Look at that mind blowing 1080P realistic quality.

Reddit
Old 04-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #78
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
I've got a 30" Apple Cinema display that I game on. 2560x1600. If that's not reason enough, I don't know what is. Paints a beautiful picture.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #79
Legacy Member
Legacy

And this is the way to multiplay:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lanparty.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	26326  

I like turtles.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #80
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Nazi zombies in full on LAN effect. The good ole days (I am on the far right if anyone cares)

No sharing screens here!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #81
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Nazi zombies in full on LAN effect. The good ole days (I am on the far left if anyone cares)

No sharing screens here!
You are not on the far left....

Reddit
Old 04-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #82
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Nazi zombies in full on LAN effect. The good ole days (I am on the far left if anyone cares)

No sharing screens here!
Your other left...

I like turtles.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #83
Road Trip!

Quote:

It isn't lack of skill. Playing a first person shooter with your thumbs is dumb. You are intentionally making it harder for yourself. The precision is not there with an analog joystick. Period.

It's not harder for me, for you, yes.

Sorry but you don't need a 3,000 dollar PC to push graphics higher than 1920x1080.

Human eye doesn't need.

Higher quality. If you want to laugh at that, then feel free too. If you are complacent with lesser quality, which it appears you are, then that is you. I am not.

We're not talking 8 bit here, Brent. Come on now.

If you camp then it means you don't move. I feel for you if you think real life tactics mean you run out around corners blindly instead of looking around corners so that you know what you are about to encounter.

Yes, they do, but if you want me to get more specific I will "corner shooter" same lane tactic as a camper.

I don't have it backwards. You just said exactly what I did. Console games have been made mainstream because they can be made quicker and cheaper. There is a reason the move has been made to console and it has everything to do with money.

They're not made quicker or cheaper. I'll give you that some developers put out quick crap for a buck, but don't lump all developers into that and don't tell me that pc doesn't have the same problem with lazy developers.

I do not. My point is it is done from a business perspective. Computer games are easier to pirate so development of games are moving more to the console side because of this. That was my point. Nothing more and nothing less.

Why must you call people morons that disagree with you? Again, I ask how old you are? I happen to think that having the ability to host and customize your own server is a very nice thing.

I'm 41 and I know that a free service can never have the same quality as a paid. For one there's no incentive to do more than you have to on a free service. The PSN is a joke and anyone who says it's the same quality as LIVE is...well you know how I feel about that. Let's see how well The PSN does now that it has a paid version.

Lesser quality, lesser features and less customizing is dumbing down, to me. So while you may think it is dumb, I do not.
I don't see less quality, features or customizing. Ridiculous to me.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #84
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You are not on the far left....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Your other left...
I don't know what y'all are talking about... i said right!!! (damn beer)
Old 04-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #85
Regular

Quote:
Because you don't play Computer games and only play on console. It is hard to miss features, better quality and the ability to customize when all you know is console.

Reddit
Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 AM   #86
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Another fanboy blinded by brand propoganda
Old 04-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #87
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1

I've got a 30" Apple Cinema display that I game on. 2560x1600. If that's not reason enough, I don't know what is. Paints a beautiful picture.
Useless
Old 04-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #88
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
Laughing my @ss and they wonder why they can't get laid.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #89
Regular

Quote:
Useless
Your opinion that lesser quality is OK with you has been noted in this thread.

Reddit
Old 04-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #90
Regular

Quote:
The more you post, the less credible you become. Keep it up! How old are you, again?

Reddit
Old 04-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha if you think there are 19 million 12 yr olds you're mistaken, your skill level just matches you up with 12 yr olds. Hahaha
My friend has prestiged multiple times and is now sitting at the top again... He's just waiting til he has some time. So no, it's not because of the skill level. Any game with at least 8 people has at least one annoying little kid, I can guarantee that.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #92
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
Another fanboy blinded by brand propoganda
I'm not a fanboy, I own everything we're arguing about.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #93
Road Trip!

Quote:

The more you post, the less credible you become. Keep it up! How old are you, again?
Oh Brent are you getting upset. I thought we were debating here.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #94
Regular

Quote:
Oh Brent are you getting upset. I thought we were debating here.
Nope. If you want to debate, that involves talking about the subject instead of making childish insults.

Reddit
Old 04-24-2011, 12:24 AM   #95
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I dunno about you but i get laid whenever I want to
Old 04-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #96
Regular

If you aren't going to comment on the subject (goes for everyone) then move along. All childish off topic posts from here on will be deleted.

Reddit
Old 04-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
I dunno about you but i get laid whenever I want to
Lol... Joshy probably gets laid more than 11shelbygt500.

Edit: oops, sorry Brent...
Old 04-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #98
Road Trip!

Quote:

My friend has prestiged multiple times and is now sitting at the top again... He's just waiting til he has some time. So no, it's not because of the skill level. Any game with at least 8 people has at least one annoying little kid, I can guarantee that.
What does he have his skill type set at? Recreation, Pro, Underground. The LIVE system will match you up with you type before anything else. He'll find less kids in Pro
Old 04-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What does he have his skill type set at? Recreation, Pro, Underground. The LIVE system will match you up with you type before anything else. He'll find less kids in Pro
He has it set as high as it goes... He's ****in good, don't try to tell me this bull****. You're wrong, end of story.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #100
Road Trip!

Quote:

Because you don't play Computer games and only play on console. It is hard to miss features, better quality and the ability to customize when all you know is console.
Wrong, I don't only play consoles.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well you're just bad at judging quality then...
Old 04-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #102
Regular

Quote:
You obviously don't play first person shooters or you'd know it makes no sense to play them with your thumbs.

Reddit
Old 04-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #103
Road Trip!

Quote:

He has it set as high as it goes... He's ****in good, don't try to tell me this bull****. You're wrong, end of story.
Know before you speak, it's not a level up deal. Xbox live matches you to the type of gaming you want to do. It's very easy not to have it set to the type of person you want to play with.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Know before you speak, it's not a level up deal. Xbox live matches you to the type of gaming you want to do. It's very easy not to have it set to the type of person you want to play with.
I'm not stupid *******. He set it to the highest setting/hardest setting. I didnt say in that post that he leveled up to it.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #105
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
You guys do realize that you're arguing about how good people are or are not... at ****ing video games.

Just checking.

And once again ... PS3, cuz that's what I bought.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar