What did you do today? - Page 24 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #806
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Knight F Mohawk
Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT View Post
Say it ain't so Will..
Cobra is for sale because I want to build something more "racecar" for drag racing. The Cobra handles well, and it is built to do so.....but the nearest road courses to here are multiple hours away, and local AX's are few and far between. With Memphis finally opening the drag strip back up, I want a drag car.

The 335i is the nicest car I've ever owned. I REALLY enjoy it....but I put 1500+ miles on a car a month. I can't stomach the loss of value.

-Will
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #807
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight F Mohawk

Cobra is for sale because I want to build something more "racecar" for drag racing. The Cobra handles well, and it is built to do so.....but the nearest road courses to here are multiple hours away, and local AX's are few and far between. With Memphis finally opening the drag strip back up, I want a drag car.

The 335i is the nicest car I've ever owned. I REALLY enjoy it....but I put 1500+ miles on a car a month. I can't stomach the loss of value.

-Will
What's your DD going to be, a Kia? No offense intended. Great gas mileage and I hear they last a little while.
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #808
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What's your DD going to be, a Kia? No offense intended. Great gas mileage and I hear they last a little while.
Something that's not $20K+ and depreciating so hard everday I put 60+ miles on it lol....The 335 gets 27 MPG average, it's actually not bad at all.

I still have an F250 to get me around even if they both sell the same day. It gets 19 MPG.

My DD will be something in the $7-$13K dollar range. Possibly another 03/04 if I find the right deal with higher miles....because I won't care as much about the miles then. If not that, it'll be something like an 03 Maxima.

I really want to put a street car in the 9's, so I'm taking steps to get there.

-Will
Old 06-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #809
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Quote:

Something that's not $20K+ and depreciating so hard everday I put 60+ miles on it lol....The 335 gets 27 MPG average, it's actually not bad at all.

I still have an F250 to get me around even if they both sell the same day. It gets 19 MPG.

My DD will be something in the $7-$13K dollar range. Possibly another 03/04 if I find the right deal with higher miles....because I won't care as much about the miles then. If not that, it'll be something like an 03 Maxima.

I really want to put a street car in the 9's, so I'm taking steps to get there.

-Will
A civic? 4 cylinders of fury carrying you around town? *laugh*
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Old 06-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #810
Registered Member
Regular

Shared words with a 60+ year old guy out for a cruise in his ole lady's 07 vert v6 'Stang. We both appreciated each others right and cruised down the road side by side for a few miles until I hit the freeway to go home. It was like the old generation tipping his hat to the younger generation.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #811
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A civic? 4 cylinders of fury carrying you around town? *laugh*
I've owned two Civics and two Accords. If anything, I'd get an Accord. I wouldn't mind a 2000ish Civic SI (I actually like the way they look).

I change my mind a lot....no clue what the next car will be....I can just guarantee I won't daily driver something that blue books for $25+. I drive too much. I'd be much happier DDing a $10-$15K sports car

-Will
Old 06-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #812
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've owned two Civics and two Accords. If anything, I'd get an Accord. I wouldn't mind a 2000ish Civic SI (I actually like the way they look).

I change my mind a lot....no clue what the next car will be....I can just guarantee I won't daily driver something that blue books for $25+. I drive too much. I'd be much happier DDing a $10-$15K sports car

-Will
Saw old civic si's on craigslist around here for around $4-$5k. Might be worth it for u with the gas mileage etc?
Old 06-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #813
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Saw old civic si's on craigslist around here for around $4-$5k. Might be worth it for u with the gas mileage etc?
I've DD'd a 97 Saturn and two different Civics in the past year....the gas mileage was definitely nice.

It's a double edged sword, driving this much...

It's so much that 10 MPG is a pretty noticeable difference on the pocket book .....but I'm also on the road so much that driving a completely boring car drives me crazy.

Ideal would be a Vette, because they get ridiculous MPG's for what they are....but I want a white C5Z, and I'm not ready to pull the trigger on it.

-Will
Old 06-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #814
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've DD'd a 97 Saturn and two different Civics in the past year....the gas mileage was definitely nice.

It's a double edged sword, driving this much...

It's so much that 10 MPG is a pretty noticeable difference on the pocket book .....but I'm also on the road so much that driving a completely boring car drives me crazy.

Ideal would be a Vette, because they get ridiculous MPG's for what they are....but I want a white C5Z, and I'm not ready to pull the trigger on it.

-Will
I still believe you need to be 55-60 years old to drive a Vette.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #815
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I still believe you need to be 55-60 years old to drive a Vette.
A white C5Z would make me care less what you think.....they are gorgeous, they handle well, and they have plenty of power......all with 30 MPG

-Will
Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #816
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

A white C5Z would make me care less what you think.....they are gorgeous, they handle well, and they have plenty of power......all with 30 MPG

-Will
The wars in the future won't just be HP wars but HP combined with the best gas mileage.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #817
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT
Shared words with a 60+ year old guy out for a cruise in his ole lady's 07 vert v6 'Stang. We both appreciated each others right and cruised down the road side by side for a few miles until I hit the freeway to go home. It was like the old generation tipping his hat to the younger generation.
Cruised beside a guy from the car show today. He had an 07 vette. He's was an older guy too. Lol
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #818
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The wars in the future won't just be HP wars but HP combined with the best gas mileage.
It's easy to make HP.....it's not easy to make HP and be fuel efficient.

Direct Injection FTW!!!

-Will
Old 06-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #819
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang

Cruised beside a guy from the car show today. He had an 07 vette. He's was an older guy too. Lol
I got a nod and a wave from some guy in a late model Firebird when I hit the freeway! It was an old guy too! I think around here it's not about GM vs Ford or Chrysler etc. I think it's domestics giving each other a wave simply for driving what they drive.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:37 AM   #820
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I got a nod and a wave from some guy in a late model Firebird when I hit the freeway! It was an old guy too! I think around here it's not about GM vs Ford or Chrysler etc. I think it's domestics giving each other a wave simply for driving what they drive.
It's a little of both here. But from the older guys they just like to see the younger genration that still takes interest in domestics. And then you have the young guys.. Lol
Old 06-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #821
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's a little of both here. But from the older guys they just like to see the younger genration that still takes interest in domestics. And then you have the young guys.. Lol
The cholos in the Hondas give me the waves and nods after they here the V8. The older guys give me the thumbs up while I get the equal thumbs up from fellow 'Stang owners. I threw an older guy & his ole lady a thumbs up in a 10 or 11 'Stang today.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:54 AM   #822
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The cholos in the Hondas give me the waves and nods after they here the V8. The older guys give me the thumbs up while I get the equal thumbs up from fellow 'Stang owners. I threw an older guy & his ole lady a thumbs up in a 10 or 11 'Stang today.
Nice. Lol
Old 06-22-2011, 02:55 AM   #823
Registered Member
Regular

We've got an intake off of a 2000 Mustang gt. Nothings wrong with it. How much should we try to sell it for..$250??
Old 06-22-2011, 03:13 AM   #824
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We've got an intake off of a 2000 Mustang gt. Nothings wrong with it. How much should we try to sell it for..$250??
Dunno, you might try throwing up a thread in another section of the forum. Like parts or classified I'd think.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #825
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
About to have a beer on my pool raft

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #826
Registered Member
Regular

Pics from the car show yesterday.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #827
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Took my dog penny to the vet, it's kinda sad that the nurse can remember her by name because of the time we had them cut her nails haha and the fight the dog put up haha. She's a 60 pound begul mix. then just sat around its rainy today didnt have an excuse to drive the stang today
znpzmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #828
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
znpzmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #829
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Picking my hubby up from the airport!!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #830
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana

finish unpacking my things... then shootin some pool & karaoke later tonight
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #831
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Day 3 of 10 training one of my new sales managers......blaaaaaaaaaah.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #832
Registered Member
Regular

Slipped off my bike and my leg hit the pedal, and know there's a huge knot in my muscle.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #833
Road Trip!

Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Grilled steak
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1787530983.png
Views:	51
Size:	435.1 KB
ID:	28176  
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #834
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking
Grilled steak
Dam looks good. Wheres mine at? Lol
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #835
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08

Dam looks good. Wheres mine at? Lol
The meat market
Old 06-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #836
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The meat market
Lol then i gotta grill it myself maybe friday i will. What did u put on ur steak?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #837
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08

Lol then i gotta grill it myself maybe friday i will. What did u put on ur steak?
Mixture of Worcestershire sauce and a1
Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #838
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mixture of Worcestershire sauce and a1
It looks good ima grill me some this weekend forsure.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #839
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08 View Post
It looks good ima grill me some this weekend forsure.
the best seasoning to grill the meat with is lawerys seasoned peper.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #840
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
the best seasoning to grill the meat with is lawerys seasoned peper.
Montreal Steak Seasoning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar