For non-believers - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #316
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

But he didn't find God within science so you have no point.
Ah, but maybe he did. He said he did. Among other scientist. This isn't bull either. This is an actual scientific discovery like your big bang. But more proof
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #317
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I didn't attack anyone. I responded to his post. Having an opinion that differs from someone else's is not attacking.
Exactly
Old 05-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #318
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking

and all those "gods" you listed are still in the grave. but my God rose again and is still living.
just wanted to make sure everyone sees this. this makes life worth living
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 AM   #319
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: For non-believers

Can you imagine your parents birthing you and then telling you if you don't do everything they tell you that when you die you will go to hell?

That is what your God is.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 AM   #320
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
Ah, but maybe he did. He said he did. Among other scientist. This isn't bull either. This is an actual scientific discovery like your big bang
He didn't find God.

Reddit
Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #321
Road Trip!

Region: California
The earth is 14 billion years old and that has been proven. The bibles timeline doesn't hold up to 14 billion years.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #322
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Big Bang THEORY.

No one claims it as fact. Hence the THEORY. THEORY!
except that people today are taught this as the big bang truth
Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #323
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

He didn't find God.
How do you know? Have u seen his findings and research? I have. Made my physics teacher believe. Very very interesting info.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #324
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
please do lots of goid stuff in this thread
ill give it my best.. but i can already see they dont want to believe. you have to open up and put some thought into it to believe. anyone can shoot something down just because they dont want to believe.
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #325
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It is not my burden to prove your claim wrong, it is your burden to prove your claim right. My claim is that there is no evidence for the existence of a higher being.
Yes hubris same goes for there not being one
Old 05-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #326
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can you imagine your parents birthing you and then telling you if you don't do everything they tell you that when you die you will go to hell?

That is what your God is.
that is not true. my God sacrificed Himself to save your soul, which He didnt have to do. nobody can follow all the rules, thats why Jesus came to the earth.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #327
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

that is not true. my God sacrificed Himself to save your soul, which He didnt have to do. nobody can follow all the rules, thats why Jesus came to the earth.
+1
Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #328
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
ill give it my best.. but i can already see they dont want to believe. you have to open up and put some thought into it to believe. anyone can shoot something down just because they dont want to believe.
No, you have to ignore reasoning and critical thinking to give your entire life over to a belief in a God that has predefined rules for you to follow or else you will spend eternity in a fiery hell.

I'll just let George Carlin say it, as he puts it better than anything I can come up with in text:

Reddit
Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #329
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking

exactly. i think I am very close to being done with this thread, because I have stated my beliefs, and said that God is there if they want Him. that is all that is required of us.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:35 AM   #330
Regular

Quote:
Yes he did. That is the entire reason God put him on earth.

Reddit
Old 05-02-2011, 02:35 AM   #331
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

exactly. i think I am very close to being done with this thread, because I have stated my beliefs, and said that God is there if they want Him. that is all that is required of us.
Agreed. Lol.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #332
Road Trip!

Region: Other

I am frustrated at two specific verses in the bible, which applies to this particular topic. The first is the biblical statement that “God is the Alpha and the Omega”. Loosely defined it means the beginning and the end, the all knowing. Which of course implies that all of his actions and the results are fore known to him. I have a real problem with this notion. For if God was to know ahead of time that someday he would send me to hell for being an Atheist, I ask what was the purpose in him creating me in the first place? Was it simply to watch me be tortured? That seems to be the most logical explanation. I can think of no other rational explanation, nor neither has any Christian who I posed this question to. Some people have attempted to tell me that God has a purpose unknown to us, and that we must simply accept his will. Would you keep a friend who commits evil and offers no self-justification or remorse? Of course not, so why is this same judgment not applied to God? It’s seems rather contradictory that this trait is despised in humanity, yet, it is worshiped in religion.

Secondly, I want to reinforce the fact that God is indeed the creator of evil. Please read verse Isaiah 45:7. “I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil. I the lord do all these things”. The Christian God outright claims that he is indeed the source of evil. So how can he then claim to be sinless?

To be more specific, let’s talk about the lord’s creation of evil, let’s talk about the conception of Satan. This being was created and unleashed by God. God knew (for he is the all knowing) that at the time of Lucifer’s creation he would eventually become Satan, and spend his existence reeking havoc on man kind. Leading people into criminal activities. Suppose I were to build an evil robot, that I knew would go around torturing and murdering people. Whose fault would it be if I let it loose? Mine or the robot’s? Of course it would be mine, for I created it with that purpose and unleashed it for that purpose. Now I ask you, whose fault is deviltry in the world? Is it the PUPPET Satan or the being that deliberately created Satan’s evil?
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 AM   #333
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
I am frustrated at two specific verses in the bible, which applies to this particular topic. The first is the biblical statement that “God is the Alpha and the Omega”. Loosely defined it means the beginning and the end, the all knowing. Which of course implies that all of his actions and the results are fore known to him. I have a real problem with this notion. For if God was to know ahead of time that someday he would send me to hell for being an Atheist, I ask what was the purpose in him creating me in the first place? Was it simply to watch me be tortured? That seems to be the most logical explanation. I can think of no other rational explanation, nor neither has any Christian who I posed this question to. Some people have attempted to tell me that God has a purpose unknown to us, and that we must simply accept his will. Would you keep a friend who commits evil and offers no self-justification or remorse? Of course not, so why is this same judgment not applied to God? It’s seems rather contradictory that this trait is despised in humanity, yet, it is worshiped in religion.

Secondly, I want to reinforce the fact that God is indeed the creator of evil. Please read verse Isaiah 45:7. “I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil. I the lord do all these things”. The Christian God outright claims that he is indeed the source of evil. So how can he then claim to be sinless?

To be more specific, let’s talk about the lord’s creation of evil, let’s talk about the conception of Satan. This being was created and unleashed by God. God knew (for he is the all knowing) that at the time of Lucifer’s creation he would eventually become Satan, and spend his existence reeking havoc on man kind. Leading people into criminal activities. Suppose I were to build an evil robot, that I knew would go around torturing and murdering people. Whose fault would it be if I let it loose? Mine or the robot’s? Of course it would be mine, for I created it with that purpose and unleashed it for that purpose. Now I ask you, whose fault is deviltry in the world? Is it the PUPPET Satan or the being that deliberately created Satan’s evil?
First, idk that it implies that and second. I don't think you are going to hell. At all
Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 AM   #334
Road Trip!

Quote:

God D@mn LOL they don't believe that he is the Alpha and Omega. Josh and soccer i mean don't believe.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:41 AM   #335
Road Trip!

Quote:
First, idk that it implies that and second. I don't think you are going to hell. At all
By your god's definition of me going to hell, I absolutely will. I have probably broken every one of the ten commandments.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:43 AM   #336
Road Trip!

Quote:

By your god's definition of me going to hell, I absolutely will. I have probably broken every one of the ten commandments.
All of them? FIST BUMP
Old 05-02-2011, 02:43 AM   #337
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes he did. That is the entire reason God put him on earth.
because WE chose to sin. God created a perfect world, and we messed it up. so God CHOSE to sacrifice His Son in a horrible death because God loves you more than you will ever know. that is the message of Jesus. that is what it all comes down to. God loves us, we have to go to hell if we dont accept that love because of ourselves, not Him.
with that-I am done with this thread. I have done what is asked of me, the rest is up to God and you guys. I will follow this thread and may say things from time to time, but that is all.
to all of you who dont believe- mainly Brent, 93cobraguy, and 11SHELBYGT500, i will be praying for you guys.
to Joshy and texastboneking-thank you for the input, its good encouragement to see other believers on here good luck just remember...we know how it ends, and hopefully, this thread eill result in sone new believers
Old 05-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #338
Road Trip!

I do not believe in the reality of God, except as a psychological phenomenon, but if I did believe I would not worship that horror. It violates my morality to worship a hypocritical, judgmental, self righteous murderer. In punishment, it could send me to the hell it’s made for those it dislikes, and if there was no other choice but worshiping it, I would walk in proudly.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #339
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes and so am I. Which is where I disagree. You seem like a good guy. You wouldn't hurt or kill me for no reason. Therefore you aren't going to hell. I am supposed to go to he'll too but I don't think I am. Lol. That is where I start to dissagree.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:45 AM   #340
Road Trip!

Quote:

because WE chose to sin. God created a perfect world, and we messed it up. so God CHOSE to sacrifice His Son in a horrible death because God loves you more than you will ever know. that is the message of Jesus. that is what it all comes down to. God loves us, we have to go to hell if we dont accept that love because of ourselves, not Him.
with that-I am done with this thread. I have done what is asked of me, the rest is up to God and you guys. I will follow this thread and may say things from time to time, but that is all.
to all of you who dont believe- mainly Brent, 93cobraguy, and 11SHELBYGT500, i will be praying for you guys.
to Joshy and texastboneking-thank you for the input, its good encouragement to see other believers on here good luck just remember...we know how it ends, and hopefully, this thread eill result in sone new believers
Do you know how many people I have praying for me? I'm in, sweet. LOL
Old 05-02-2011, 02:45 AM   #341
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
All of them? FIST BUMP
Yeah, now I have to google them just to make sure....
Old 05-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #342
Road Trip!

Quote:

You banged your neighbors wife?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #343
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wait... You cheated on someone? That's screwed up. Have fun in hell. Haha. Jk man. I seriously don't thnk your going to hell. In my opinion
Old 05-02-2011, 02:48 AM   #344
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

Wait... You cheated on someone? That's screwed up. Have fun in hell. Haha. Jk man. I seriously don't thnk your going to hell. In my opinion
Yes, he is and why wouldn't you want to? That's where the party is.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:49 AM   #345
Road Trip!

1. You shall have no other gods before me. CHECK!

2. You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.CHECK!

3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.CHECK!

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.CHECK!

5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.CHECK!

6. You shall not kill.CHECK! Self Defense......

7. You shall not commit adultery.CHECK!

8. You shall not steal.CHECK!

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.CHECK!

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”CHECK! I swear nothing happend with the Donkey......
Old 05-02-2011, 02:49 AM   #346
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Yes, he is and why wouldn't you want to? That's where the party is.
Because I'm respectful and not s pig
Old 05-02-2011, 02:49 AM   #347
Road Trip!

Yeah, I had to make sure....
Old 05-02-2011, 02:50 AM   #348
Road Trip!

Quote:
Because I'm respectful and not s pig
But if I came at you with a knife and you killed me you would go to hell. Turn the other cheek!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:50 AM   #349
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1. You shall have no other gods before me. CHECK!

2. You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.CHECK!

3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.CHECK!

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.CHECK!

5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.CHECK!

6. You shall not kill.CHECK! Self Defense......

7. You shall not commit adultery.CHECK!

8. You shall not steal.CHECK!

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.CHECK!

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”CHECK! I swear nothing happend with the Donkey......
Hahaha. I think I've broken all but cheating and killing.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 AM   #350
Regular

Quote:
Not a single person has asked for your prayers. Why would you make such a statement? Does that make you feel better about yourself? Why make such a statement? What did you hope to accomplish with that statement?

Quote:
just remember...we know how it ends, and hopefully, this thread eill result in sone new believers
"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 6:1

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar