For non-believers - Page 12 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #386
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Please, before you continue, learn your facts. This thread is going to go nowhere but downhill from this point.
where was i at fault in that quote? it has been proven many times over that the king james version is the most accurate translation of the original bible
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #387
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
where was i at fault in that quote? it has been proven many times over that the king james version is the most accurate translation of the original bible
The King James version of the Bible is simply the most widely accepted translation of the manuscripts available at that time.

I'm simply playing devil's advocate in this thread. My beliefs are similar to yours.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #388
Road Trip!

Quote:
The King James version of the Bible is simply the most widely accepted translation of the manuscripts available at that time.

I'm simply playing devil's advocate in this thread. My beliefs are similar to yours.
i understand. but it is also the most accurate. proven several times over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #389
Road Trip!

Quote:

I have not personaly proved it because that would require learning the old Hebrew language. i cant do that. three years of spanish and i cant remember a thing lol. but it doesnt really matter. i dont believe that there is only one religion that is going to heaven. it all matters on how your relationship with God is
Old 05-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #390
Road Trip!

Just to make it clear. this tread was for information only. if you dont believe thats your choice. i just wanted to bring in some evidence that you might have not seen. im still cool with all of you. im here for mustangs. not to try and fight over religion.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #391
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
To me it's simple. Don't be a jackass. That way if a god does it exist that is actually worth a **** you should be okay. If I'm going to be damned for not believing in fairy tales... Well that's a god I don't care to spend eternity worshipping anyway.
I'm with you. I don't know whats out there and I can't stand people who push it down your throat. I've been to church a handful of times when I was younger (people convulsing in "tongues"? That was scary) and my family never made me go, so I didn't. I had no interest? I don't know what I believe actually. Is that weird? Maybe there's something more powerful but ive never seen it. I've been through a lifetime of crap and where was the all powerful then? Now? Life is hard **** Bo matter what.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #392
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I'm with you. I don't know whats out there and I can't stand people who push it down your throat. I've been to church a handful of times when I was younger (people convulsing in "tongues"? That was scary) and my family never made me go, so I didn't. I had no interest? I don't know what I believe actually. Is that weird? Maybe there's something more powerful but ive never seen it. I've been through a lifetime of crap and where was the all powerful then? Now? Life is hard **** Bo matter what.
God didnt every say that if you believe him everything will be hunky dory. he states in the bible that you will have trials of faith. i go through hard times too. and thats when i find my self closest to God. life is tough and religion is hard to prove. but so is evolution and other atheist beliefs. you just have to research and find out whats right and wrong. im the kind of guy that has to know everything so ive researched alot. but dont just take my word for it. look around yourself. i find it hard to believe that trees animals air and all the other elements happened out of a big bang. just my thought
Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #393
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco

Make sure you tell your parents you love them!
I'm with you, Lorrie. I miss my dad everyday. Wish he was here.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #394
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

Committing suicide is wasting life that is so preciously given. Therefore you do not receive the ultimate goal of getting to heaven for it. In Catholicism it's a "mortal sin" which is extremely hard to make up for contrary to the normal catholic slander of just go say sorry. It's not that simple.
Have you ever felt that low?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #395
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

That is kind of messed up to say given the previous posts about people that have died not by their own choices but by things out of their control. I have zero respect for people that do not respect life.
Again, have you ever felt that low? No, you're 17 and are on cloud 9 I'm sure.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #396
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking

God didnt every say that if you believe him everything will be hunky dory. he states in the bible that you will have trials of faith. i go through hard times too. and thats when i find my self closest to God. life is tough and religion is hard to prove. but so is evolution and other atheist beliefs. you just have to research and find out whats right and wrong. im the kind of guy that has to know everything so ive researched alot. but dont just take my word for it. look around yourself. i find it hard to believe that trees animals air and all the other elements happened out of a big bang. just my thought
I never said it would be honky dory.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #397
Road Trip!

Quote:
I never said it would be honky dory.
you asked where he was when stuff was going bad for you. as in you believe he wouldnt let you go through a tough time
Old 05-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #398
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

Ha. Right. I am supposed to die in a few years. My kidneys are failing. Yes I have felt that low. But nothing is ever worth takin your own life
Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #399
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Don't count me out because I'm a teenager. I've been through more than most adults.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #400
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
So many of today's religions are based upon an interpretation of the Bible that best fits those peoples' view. None of us are in any position to call one false and one true, neither are we in a position to tell someone else their basis for life is more wrong than ours.

I still don't understand why there is a such a popularity contest to be involved in the next big religious change. It seems those that are "religious" are the first to point out others' faults, and attempt to change those persons' beliefs to suit the popular belief.

Believe what you want, make your own informed decisions, and don't come knocking on my door in an attempt to change mine.
Well said!!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #401
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Ha. Right. I am supposed to die in a few years. My kidneys are failing. Yes I have felt that low. But nothing is ever worth takin your own life
I have felt that low. Obviously, I didn't because i did feel selfish. I prayed, yes. I want to believe in God, I do. I want to believe my dad is safe in heaven, I do. But I won't know until I'm dead.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #402
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Amen!!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #403
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have felt that low. Obviously, I didn't because i did feel selfish. I prayed, yes. I want to believe in God, I do. I want to believe my dad is safe in heaven, I do. But I won't know until I'm dead.
I'm proud of you. It is a selfish act.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #404
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Knew I wouldn't make any friends in this thread. Probably lost a few but don't push that **** on me.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #405
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

I'm proud of you. It is a selfish act.
Proud of me? Thanks. I can now sleep at night.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #406
Road Trip!

Quote:
Knew I wouldn't make any friends in this thread. Probably lost a few but don't push that **** on me.
this thread should not affect friendship. it was just to inform. you should be able to go to another thread and be back to our mustangs. thats what were here for
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #407
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Proud of me? Thanks. I can now sleep at night.
Yes. I know how It feels. It's hard to overcome it. Idk y your being rude to me. Sorry if I offended you in any way
Old 05-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #408
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Yes. I know how It feels. It's hard to overcome it. Idk y your being rude to me. Sorry if I offended you in any way
It was the way you said it I guess and I'm not here to argue about religion. I honestly feel like I don't belong in this thread because I don't know. This whole thread has a lot of rude remarks throughout. A thread about religion is going to spark that. It wasn't my intention, though.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #409
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I was thinking that I could compare religion to Starbucks. Everyone has their "drink" that they can customize any way they want and most people don't stray from what they like or their "comfort drink". It's an open bar. Pour some of this, add some of that.

Lol

Old 05-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #410
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was thinking that I could compare religion to Starbucks. Everyone has their "drink" that they can customize any way they want and most people don't stray from what they like or their "comfort drink". It's an open bar. Pour some of this, add some of that.

Lol
+1 lol you so cool Amie!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #411
Road Trip!

Quote:

Lol
like the analogy. and your right. as long as you believe in God it doesnt matter what religion you are. im gonna steal this analogy
Old 05-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #412
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 mustangfan4 View Post
Look everyone this thread should be kept but i am unsubscribing religion is supposed to bring people together not tear them apart most of you have this all wrong this thread was just supposed to tell you this thread starters opinion!!!!!!
and my posts were just stating my opinions. Not going to apologize that they do not fit in with the status quo in America.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #413
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman94

Why not? You seem pretty cool to me from what I've read from your posts. I believe in god but if you didn't it wouldn't make you any less of a person to me. Just your beliefs would be different. I've got several friends that don't believe, yeah I worry about them, thinking that when they die they will go to hell and suffer. But then again if I die even in heaven I would feel bad for my friends and would think maybe just maybe god could understand why they didn't believe and would let them into heaven. Idk I could be wrong about everything, but I won't know that untill I die.
+1
Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #414
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman94 View Post
Why not? You seem pretty cool to me from what I've read from your posts. I believe in god but if you didn't it wouldn't make you any less of a person to me. Just your beliefs would be different. I've got several friends that don't believe, yeah I worry about them, thinking that when they die they will go to hell and suffer. But then again if I die even in heaven I would feel bad for my friends and would think maybe just maybe god could understand why they didn't believe and would let them into heaven. Idk I could be wrong about everything, but I won't know that untill I die.
That is a fine belief system to have. The biggest complaint I have is the people who go out of their way to try to make everyone believe in what they do, which is what the original thread was about; converting people to his religious belief.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #415
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

That is a fine belief system to have. The biggest complaint I have is the people who go out of their way to try to make everyone believe in what they do, which is what the original thread was about; converting people to his religious belief.
I agree. I does get very offensive at times and I don't honk you can make someone believe anything they don't want to.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #416
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina

Quote:

Lol
I've never heard it put that way.............but I guess it makes sense although I know NOTHING about coffee!!! haha but I agree everybody has their own religion and nobody's is the same as mine.............as for you're uncertainty.....there's a lot of people that enjoy the idea of a God and the thought of him and really would like to believe but there's no "proof" for them......the answer to religion has always been there for me since I was little I made my own decisions in my religious beliefs and there was no doubt of God.....there's proof...and He will talk to you....just listen
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #417
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

I've never heard it put that way.............but I guess it makes sense although I know NOTHING about coffee!!! haha but I agree everybody has their own religion and nobody's is the same as mine.............as for you're uncertainty.....there's a lot of people that enjoy the idea of a God and the thought of him and really would like to believe but there's no "proof" for them......the answer to religion has always been there for me since I was little I made my own decisions in my religious beliefs and there was no doubt of God.....there's proof...and He will talk to you....just listen
+1
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #418
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That's pretty much Caldwell County....everybody has an extremist Christian/Republican view that they try to shove down your throat and 99% of the time they're completely ignorant to what they're saying and just think you should agree with them because they agree with their parents or friends.....but I will agree the threads title even implies he's trying to convert "non-believers" but it was an interesting article for me...
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #419
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

That's pretty much Caldwell County....everybody has an extremist Christian/Republican view that they try to shove down your throat and 99% of the time they're completely ignorant to what they're saying and just think you should agree with them because they agree with their parents or friends.....but I will agree the threads title even implies he's trying to convert "non-believers" but it was an interesting article for me...
People like that piss me off
Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #420
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
wrong sir. it was to show some evidence of the bible. not to make you believe. you took it wrong. i didnt post it that way

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar