For non-believers - Page 14 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #456
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidfast5.0

How would you believe in something you have no understanding or knowledge of?
Yup that's what faith is the belif in something more then yourself
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #457
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidfast5.0 View Post
How would you believe in something you have no understanding or knowledge of?
Christianity isnt really a religion. its a group of religions. and the roman catholic church has been around forever. they might believe a little different than i do but they still believe it God. religion has been around forever. there were places to worship God when Jesus was walking the earth. sorry. its 12:20. im tired and cant get all my facts staight lol
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:18 AM   #458
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009 View Post
Not true god never said you don't Belive in me you will be damned to hell I am catholic and Belive in the bible and the commandments yes one says you shall not have not god other then be but ad a catholic I don't go to MAss and if your breaking a commandment and ima braking a commandment what makes me better then you? As long as you live a life you can be proud of then in your death bed you won't have regrets for any faith
I meant you go to hell if you don't believe in him.

Catholicism claimed how many lives during the inquisition?

Quote:
Yup that's what faith is the belif in something more then yourself
You are missing the point. What if you had no knowledge of the word faith or its meaning? Millions of people lived before a man named Jesus spoke of God.
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #459
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
Christianity isnt really a religion. its a group of religions. and the roman catholic church has been around forever. they might believe a little different than i do but they still believe it God. religion has been around forever. there were places to worship God when Jesus was walking the earth. sorry. its 12:20. im tired and cant get all my facts staight lol
Christianity is a religion with different denominations. Catholicism has not been around forever either. It is one of the newest major religions.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #460
Road Trip!

Quote:
Christianity is a religion with different denominations. Catholicism has not been around forever either. It is one of the newest major religions.
the bible says what happens to the ppl before Jesus walked the earth. i cant remember what it says though.its been a while. ill look it up again. first bed time
Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #461
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidfast5.0

I meant you go to hell if you don't believe in him.

Catholicism claimed how many lives during the inquisition?

You are missing the point. What if you had no knowledge of the word faith or its meaning? Millions of people lived before a man named Jesus spoke of God.
Very true The catholic faith has claimed a lot of lives so every other religious faith. All the way to the belief in posiden and it doesn't excuse it but yea and Christianity was here way before Jesus. His coming to earth was predicted way before he actually was here. I do Belive people evolved from animals but there's a difference between people and animals people have a soul.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:30 AM   #462
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Very true The catholic faith has claimed a lot of lives so every other religious faith. All the way to the belief in posiden and it doesn't excuse it but yea and Christianity was here way before Jesus. His coming to earth was predicted way before he actually was here. I do Belive people evolved from animals but there's a difference between people and animals people have a soul.
I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I just like to see how the faithful answer these questions.

Just curious, how was Christianity here before Jesus? God was practicing forbearance until he sent his son to walk the earth.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #463
Road Trip!

I'm not mad I love these convos I like to talk to people with intelligence

Phrofets For told the coming of his son the Christ. And when he finally came to earth he was a blasphemes say "I am" which mean I am christ in the bible that is why he was crucified because he was claiming to be the Christ . Which is way the bible has the new testament and the old the before and after
Old 05-03-2011, 12:42 AM   #464
Road Trip!

Quote:
I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I just like to see how the faithful answer these questions.

Just curious, how was Christianity here before Jesus? God was practicing forbearance until he sent his son to walk the earth.
im actually impressed. other ppl came in here fist flailing and just tried starting crap but you actually have some good questions. props to you

ill have to research more before i try and answer more. i dont want to give you false information. rodriguez here on the other hand sounds like he might know more than me about your questions
Old 05-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #465
Road Trip!

I went to catholic school 7 years haha
Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #466
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
im actually impressed. other ppl came in here fist flailing and just tried starting crap but you actually have some good questions. props to you
I have another question for you. Why do the majority of states in America have incest laws yet incest is the way that the bible explains our existence?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:02 AM   #467
Road Trip!

i wonder why ppl shoot down religion so hard. my guess, and only a guess, is because if they find out they need to believe the y will not be willing to change their lifestye. it was hard for me to change. i enjoyed my life before i found God. but im glad i did change because i am much happier now then i was before.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #468
Regular

Quote:
i wonder why ppl shoot down religion so hard. my guess, and only a guess, is because if they find out they need to believe the y will not be willing to change their lifestye. it was hard for me to change. i enjoyed my life before i found God. but im glad i did change because i am much happier now then i was before.
People refuse to believe in a God because there is no logical steps to show that one exists.

It is why we do not believe in other fairy tales fed to us as children. You can literally not get a more simple answer than that. You may not be able to understand how logic and critical thinking can play a role in not believing in a mystical god that controls the destiny of a "soul" but rest assured, the number of us out there are growing.

Reddit
Old 05-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #469
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have another question for you. Why do the majority of states in America have incest laws yet incest is the way that the bible explains our existence?
hard one to answer. but here we go. states made those laws. God didn't. and it was different back then. men would have 100 or so wives. tons of children. and how else could you start from two people. times have changed. in short, we are all related. its hard for me to argue this one. Rodriguez, you got anything?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #470
Road Trip!

Quote:
People refuse to believe in a God because there is no logical steps to show that one exists.

It is why we do not believe in other fairy tales fed to us as children. You can literally not get a more simple answer than that. You may not be able to understand how logic and critical thinking can play a role in not believing in a mystical god that controls the destiny of a "soul" but rest assured, the number of us out there are growing.
if you dont mind me asking. what do you believe? have you logical steps to show your belief?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #471
Regular

Quote:
if you dont mind me asking. what do you believe? have you logical steps to show your belief?
I believe we are here and that is all anyone knows. I believe in science and the steps we have taken to learn what we have since this Earth has existed. I don't believe in any Gods anymore than you believe in the Greek Gods today.

Reddit
Old 05-03-2011, 01:56 AM   #472
Road Trip!

I Belive there is a higher being then me and you
Old 05-03-2011, 02:15 AM   #473
Regular

Quote:
I Belive there is a higher being then me and you
I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman94 View Post
Because adam and eve were the first people with souls, not the first people. Thats what I believe.
Who were the first people?

Reddit
Old 05-03-2011, 02:16 AM   #474
Regular

Quote:
hard one to answer. but here we go. states made those laws. God didn't. and it was different back then. men would have 100 or so wives. tons of children. and how else could you start from two people. times have changed. in short, we are all related. its hard for me to argue this one. Rodriguez, you got anything?
Nothing you said made a bit of sense. Your bible states there is Adam and there is Eve and that is where we started. So I don't understand why you are asking me how could it start from two people because your bible states it did.

Reddit
Old 05-03-2011, 03:19 AM   #475
Road Trip!

I don't.

So you Belive it's only us in this universe?
Old 05-03-2011, 03:28 AM   #476
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman94 View Post
The first people could've been the monkeys that evolved into humans IDK?
That doesn't fit with the bible. That is my point.

Quote:
I don't.

So you Belive it's only us in this universe?
No I don't. I have the same opinion with that than I do with a God or the Big Bang Theory.

I don't see the need to force me to believe in something for the sake of believing in something.

Reddit
Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #477
Road Trip!

Quote:
I believe we are here and that is all anyone knows. I believe in science and the steps we have taken to learn what we have since this Earth has existed. I don't believe in any Gods anymore than you believe in the Greek Gods today.
well i have to believe in something. i cant believe that this universe magically appeared and a fish transformed into a monkey and then along i came. there is a reason for everything. and ive researched both sides intently trying to make up my mind. i also dont believe boom and all of a sudden plants air animals clouds moon and everything else appeared. both sides are hard to prove. but i found more proof in God than i did in magically appearing. i appreciate you not shutting this thread down. i know you could if you wanted too. and also you have a great site here. i actually had a few ideas for the site if you would like to hear them. in another thread or message of course.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #478
Road Trip!

Quote:
That doesn't fit with the bible. That is my point.

No I don't. I have the same opinion with that than I do with a God or the Big Bang Theory.

I don't see the need to force me to believe in something for the sake of believing in something.
im not trying to force anything. just for the record. i dont know if anyone else is.im just sharing what i found on the internet and trying to answer questions asked.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #479
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
I agree.

I don't really want to participate in this conversation because it never gets anywhere, everyone will have their own opinion on religion and so on.

I do however get tired of every church in a 20 mile radius coming through our neighborhood at 7am on a saturday waking me up asking for donations, volunteer work or to help spread the good word.

I think anyone that lives anywhere in the world is smart enough to find a place to practice a religion of their choice if they would like to...I don't need everyone trying to recruit us.

Bottom line religion is a business
Old 05-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #480
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib View Post
I agree.

I don't really want to participate in this conversation because it never gets anywhere, everyone will have their own opinion on religion and so on.

I do however get tired of every church in a 20 mile radius coming through our neighborhood at 7am on a saturday waking me up asking for donations, volunteer work or to help spread the good word.

I think anyone that lives anywhere in the world is smart enough to find a place to practice a religion of their choice if they would like to...I don't need everyone trying to recruit us.

Bottom line religion is a business
i dont think your implying that im trying to recruit. right?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #481
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking

I dint think so
Old 05-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #482
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
I dint think so
im just making sure
Old 05-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #483
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No not at all, just a general statement.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #484
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib View Post
No not at all, just a general statement.
ok cool. i understand your point. i live in the middle of nowhere so we dont get the churches walking out here lol
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #485
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

ok cool. i understand your point. i live in the middle of nowhere so we dont get the churches walking out here lol
I'm not kidding when I say we have at least 2 different church groups come by each weekend. Even with signs at the entrance for no solicitors or groups or something like that.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #486
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

incest wasnt wrong when God created the earth. He knew it was nevessary to populate the earth, so He didnt make it wrong until He gave humans the Mosaic Law, i believe
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #487
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

incest wasnt wrong when God created the earth. He knew it was nevessary to populate the earth, so He didnt make it wrong until He gave humans the Mosaic Law, i believe
Life wouldn't be what it is today if there was only 2 there must of been more then 2 the bible does not speak in straight forward to it's always a read between the lines kind of thing
Old 05-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #488
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009

Life wouldn't be what it is today if there was only 2 there must of been more then 2 the bible does not speak in straight forward to it's always a read between the lines kind of thing
sometimes, but the Bible said that God created everything, including Adam and Eve, and then said it was good. It goes on to say in a later verse that God was done creating. so believe what you want, but the Bible mentions nothing of God creating more than 2 people. also, if you read the geneologys, i believe they all trace back to Adam and Eve.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #489
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman94

Because adam and eve were the first people with souls, not the first people. Thats what I believe.
that brings in death before the fall of man. which is impossible in perfection
Old 05-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #490
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

It's all about perception. People will believe what they choose based on their own experiences. Some will find a supernatural reason to give organized religion their tithe. Some won't. Some will expect 70 Virgins after killing innocent victims.....

My biggest problem with Religious nuts are that they try to force their beliefs and opinions on everyone. Then when our science can't exactly provide a 100% fact they push the "See, it must have came from our God.(whether they are Catholic, Buddhist, Islamic, ect ect..)" & if you don't give in they will burn you at the stake, kill you in some other way, or banish you and claim your a nut... that is until science then proves the crazy guy right once again.

Time will tell. Religion was good for civilizing our world in a peaceful yet destructive way. Religion will bring about many pains to come. I believe in me right now and while I may tend to fade in and out of Christianity I still take everyone's opinions and choices freely.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar