For non-believers - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

I think you got it backwards there. It is the believers that have to always tell you there is a god. Hence this thread.
yes, we tell you because we know what happens if you dont believe in God. not to prove you wrong or make us look good, but because we care
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman

Ok jesus was not the creator, he was supposed to be the son of god not god himself.
ok, technically speaking, yes God did. but as stated, they are all the same...1 God. different roles...its hard to explain. and I wont pretend to be a know it all and say that i completely understand it either.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #38
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

yes, we tell you because we know what happens if you dont believe in God. not to prove you wrong or make us look good, but because we care
You don't know what happens when you don't believe in god. You only know what some old book written by people you have never seen tell you.

There is no fact to anything you say. Only hearsay. I ask you again, when were you introduced to your religion?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

All that you are doing here is fear mongering.

You can not prove there are not fairies at the bottom of the garden so why do you not believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden? You don't believe in Santa Clause do you?

Who was the first person to introduce you to religion and at what age?
not fearing, i choose not to argue much because i dont have to. the Bible states that we are supposed to tell people about God and what He has done for all of us. whether or not you choose to accept it is not up to us.... its hard to fairly debate this because emotions always eventually get involved.

no, i cant prove everything in the Bible is true...i'll be honest. there are compelling arguements both ways, but if you want to I will debate it for a bit. although as i previously stated, I dont think you will come to Christianity because I can prove it, because honestly, I cant. there will always be parts we cant explain, but thats where faith comes in.

I have grown up in the church my whole life. Ive been to quite a few different ones at different points in my life. I have also gone to a Christian school my whole life.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #40
Regular

Quote:

not fearing, i choose not to argue much because i dont have to. the Bible states that we are supposed to tell people about God and what He has done for all of us. whether or not you choose to accept it is not up to us.... its hard to fairly debate this because emotions always eventually get involved.

no, i cant prove everything in the Bible is true...i'll be honest. there are compelling arguements both ways, but if you want to I will debate it for a bit. although as i previously stated, I dont think you will come to Christianity because I can prove it, because honestly, I cant. there will always be parts we cant explain, but thats where faith comes in.

I have grown up in the church my whole life. Ive been to quite a few different ones at different points in my life. I have also gone to a Christian school my whole life.
See that is my point. You were basically brainwashed as a child. As far as what God has done for us, right now in Alabama he has killed 250+ people and devasted entire cities.

I guess we can praise god for that right?

I will never understand faith.

Reddit
Old 05-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

See that is my point. You were basically brainwashed as a child. As far as what God has done for us, right now in Alabama he has killed 250+ people and devasted entire cities.

correct-i was brainwashed. I am now actually in the middle of very carefully rethinking and questioning everything I believe, one thing at a time

God didnt create death. that was caused by sin, or by us humans. God doesnt want that to happen, but we started it.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
God kills people? Wow.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
"mathmedical" ...and what were they using? Haha Now go pick up a science book and learn, that are galaxy is still expanding, proving the earth is 14 billion years old and was created by the big bang. The bottom line is, when it comes to religion, I would rather burn in hell, than believe in an arrogant, egotistical, self centered POS that DEMANDS I follow it.
It's just like money, other countries have a different way of counting money. For example in Jamaica $600 is close to $10 american. They did their math different then we do now, thats all I'm saying, I'm not trying to push any religion on you I'm just stating the fact that if the bible says he was 125 years old or whatever age it states that in their way of math he could of been that old.

Also if you're meaning those words to me "arrogant, egotistical, self centered POS" You can go suck on something and go F U C K YOURSELF!
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Also another thing is that all things were created in 7 days?? How can you go by "days" if the sun and planets weren't even there yet to tell you how many days?
Old 05-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

I might be wrong but I believe the oil spills have allot to do with the bad weather were having. It really F'ed up the eco-system.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

This is going to get rocky really fast. I say we just all agree to disagree...

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Region: California
Yes, Your God kills and free will is an lie. I'll explain, if your God is all knowing, Than he knows when you will die before you're created. If your God is all knowing, than he knows how you will live before you're created. If your God is all knowing, he knows what path you will take before you are created. When your God created me he knew I would never follow him at my death. He made that choice for me when he decided to create me, even though he knew I would never follow him and at my death he would have to send me to hell. Free will is a lie when your God is making the first decision.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:

There's a reason for everything
It was simply their time to go.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
God didnt create death. that was caused by sin, or by us humans. God doesnt want that to happen, but we started it.
God DEMANDED and REQUIRED the death of God's own son - even after his begging to spare him - in order for God to decide to forgive the sins of humankind. It seems to me than an all-powerful, omnipotent being that is filled with love and compassion would NOT force death upon Its own child in order to decide "ok, I forgive you people". That sounds more like an arrogant, narcissistic blood-thirsty, power-hungry self-serving warlord to me. Wouldn't a compassionate, caring God choose to leave death, hate, and sin off the table, if that's not what God wanted?
Old 05-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Yes, Your God kills and free will is an lie. I'll explain, if your God is all knowing, Than he knows when you will die before you're created. If your God is all knowing, than he knows how you will live before you're created. If your God is all knowing, he knows what path you will take before you are created. When your God created me he knew I would never follow him at my death. He made that choice for me when he decided to create me, even though he knew I would never follow him and at my death he would have to send me to hell. Free will is a lie when your God is making the first decision.
that is not true. God didnt choose, you have/do/will choose for yourself. He just knows what will happen.
if you give your kid a piece candy, they will take it. you knew that right? but you didnt make that choice for them. they did
..idk, thats a really bad way to describe what you said, but the idea is the same
Old 05-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64

God DEMANDED and REQUIRED the death of God's own son - even after his begging to spare him - in order for God to decide to forgive the sins of humankind. It seems to me than an all-powerful, omnipotent being that is filled with love and compassion would NOT force death upon Its own child in order to decide "ok, I forgive you people". That sounds more like an arrogant, narcissistic blood-thirsty, power-hungry self-serving warlord to me. Wouldn't a compassionate, caring God choose to leave death, hate, and sin off the table, if that's not what God wanted?
he did leave death, hate, and sin off the table. when he created, everything was perfect. as i stated earlier, we humans screwed it up. sin isnt what God wants, but it is what we chose, and now we are paying for it in a world full of hurricanes, oil spills, world hunger...etc.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

he did leave death, hate, and sin off the table. when he created, everything was perfect. as i stated earlier, we humans screwed it up. sin isnt what God wants, but it is what we chose, and now we are paying for it in a world full of hurricanes, oil spills, world hunger...etc.
Your holding your own. Nice.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
that is not true. God didnt choose, you have/do/will choose for yourself. He just knows what will happen.
if you give your kid a piece candy, they will take it. you knew that right? but you didnt make that choice for them. they did
..idk, thats a really bad way to describe what you said, but the idea is the same

I'm not talking about my choices. I'm talking about God choosing ONLY to forgive the sins of humankind under the condition that God's only son be murdered.

If God would be so disgusted with sin, why would God even create the opportunity for sin anyway?
Old 05-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Who believes in ghost?
Old 05-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:

Wrong, he made the first choice and that supersedes every choice after. He knew what I would believe when I die before I was created, so in letting me be created, he made that choice for me.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #56
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88 View Post
Who believes in ghost?
I do.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

THAT WON'T HAPPEN! THE ALMIGHTY BRENT WANTS US TO ARGUE! He is the almighty god of Mustang Evolution! He shall smite thee with his ban hammer if I keepith talking outith of contexth!
Lol. Hit the nail on he head.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #58
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88
God kills people? Wow.
If someone is saved from disaster they thank god for saving them. Why do they not blame him when their family is killed?

Reddit
Old 05-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #59
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

I do.
Me too straub. And God. And the devil. And that **** happens. It's a dirty world cuz.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88 View Post
Who believes in ghost?
Well, it made a bunch of money, received good reviews, and had an all-star cast. So, yeah, I guess I believe in Ghost.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64

I'm not talking about my choices. I'm talking about God choosing ONLY to forgive the sins of humankind under the condition that God's only son be murdered.

If God would be so disgusted with sin, why would God even create the opportunity for sin anyway?
that depends on your viewpoint of why we exist. most Christians would say that we are here to glorify God in everything we do.
if you want to know where we get that here it is: Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' Matthew 22:37-38
so, based on that if our purpose is to glorify God, then what good is it to recieve praise from someone that has no choice?
if you are holding a gun at someone making them say that you are great at whatever, unless you are a psychopath, then there is no satisfaction from that praise because it isnt real, or in humanity's case, our choice.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
If someone is saved from disaster they thank god for saving them. Why do they not blame him when their family is killed?
Allot of people do though.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
Me too straub. And God. And the devil. And that **** happens. It's a dirty world cuz.
yep diddo
Old 05-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yep diddo
+1
Old 05-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

Your holding your own. Nice.
thanks although again...i dont want to come off as a know it all, and I really dont want to argue about this, but I have no choice now, because if I stop everyone will say its because i'm wrong, scared, or whatever.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #66
Regular

You simply have no case at all because your entire argument is based on nothing but a translated book and hearsay.

Reddit
Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You simply have no case at all because your entire argument is based on nothing but a translated book and hearsay.
so, if i were to learn Greek and Hebrew, would it maje the arguement legit?
I hate to accuse, but if I may...what are you basing your argument on? because according to certain laws of physics, the big bang and evolution are physical impossibilities.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No
Old 05-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
And threads like this are always filled with people who's **** somehow don't stink. You believe in a theory that can't explain something from nothing any better than someone who believes in a god from nothing can explain it.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why do you have to belittle peoples views?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar