For non-believers - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88

Why do you have to belittle peoples views?
+1
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

so, if i were to learn Greek and Hebrew, would it maje the arguement legit?
I hate to accuse, but if I may...what are you basing your argument on? because according to certain laws of physics, the big bang and evolution are physical impossibilities.
I'm sorry...probably shouldnt have said that last bit, because I'm not completely able to explain that yet, and it came off the wrong way.
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

I'm sorry...probably shouldnt have said that last bit, because I'm not completely able to explain that yet, and it came off the wrong way.
Lol. It's all good.
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #74
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
This is a religion thread. I am stating my opinion. I didn't tell them thy were dumb I simply said they had no factual case.

How is that wrong? Please tell me how countering what he posted with a sound reasonable response is wrong?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
This is a religion thread. I am stating my opinion. I didn't tell them thy were dumb I simply said they had no factual case.

How is that wrong? Please tell me how countering what he posted with a sound reasonable response is wrong?
it wasnt. it was a fair statement
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
This is a religion thread. I am stating my opinion. I didn't tell them thy were dumb I simply said they had no factual case.

How is that wrong? Please tell me how countering what he posted with a sound reasonable response is wrong?
If its a comment made in bad taste to slander someone elses opinion then it's wrong. If it's simply a statement then it's most likely fine.
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #77
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This is a religion thread. I am stating my opinion. I didn't tell them thy were dumb I simply said they had no factual case.

How is that wrong? Please tell me how countering what he posted with a sound reasonable response is wrong?
It's not wrong at all....you are very right in saying there is no factual evidence for it and there's no clearcut way for any religion even christianity to be....I have seen more arguments about religion than I have anything else...I have seen friends broken apart by it and have seen marriages crumble because of it...it's a touchy subject and often can't be spoke of without hostility from either side....personally I have astrong Christian/Jew faith, but I will not try to shove it down your throat...I know you being in the biblebelt as well are often exposed to that method and it just makes everybody on both sides look like asses.....bottom line everybody has their own opinion/beliefs/ideas......so state them and don't try to change other's
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #78
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

If its a comment made in bad taste to slander someone elses opinion then it's wrong. If it's simply a statement then it's most likely fine.
I didn't slander anyone's opinion. Look up the definition of the word slander.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

I didn't slander anyone's opinion. Look up the definition of the word slander.
I never said u did. Read again. . All I said was If it does slander then it's uncalled for.
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #80
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

I never said u did. Read again. . All I said was If it does slander then it's uncalled for.
If you don't put gas in you car it won't run.

This isn't a thread to post public service announcements. You quoted me and then posted it. If you weren't talking about anything said in the thread then what were you posting about?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #81
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: For non-believers

This is one GREAT thread. I thought I was going to be slammed for being a non believer.

Here is my opinion. If this so called god is as forgiving as you christians say and believe he is, then I have nothing to worry about in not believing.
IF and its a big if, there is a higher power, at least when I get in front of him he can't say I believed the wrong thing because I believed in nothing.

Brent's posts to me are right on the money. Shelby, great posts as well man! Agree 100% with the both of you.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #82
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
This is one GREAT thread. I thought I was going to be slammed for being a non believer.

Here is my opinion. If this so called god is as forgiving as you christians say and believe he is, then I have nothing to worry about in not believing.
IF and its a big if, there is a higher power, at least when I get in front of him he can't say I believed the wrong thing because I believed in nothing.

Brent's posts to me are right on the money. Shelby, great posts as well man! Agree 100% with the both of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
...and the little sheep will gather. I will say, it's amusing to watch. LOL
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #83
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow
What's that just quotes
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #84
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
This is one GREAT thread. I thought I was going to be slammed for being a non believer.

Here is my opinion. If this so called god is as forgiving as you christians say and believe he is, then I have nothing to worry about in not believing.
IF and its a big if, there is a higher power, at least when I get in front of him he can't say I believed the wrong thing because I believed in nothing.
Brent's posts to me are right on the money. Shelby, great posts as well man! Agree 100% with the both of you.
This is a common belief with more relaxed Christians....for example my mother believes that it is the absolute worst sin there is to not believe in god but she also believes that God would not be able to send you to hell...like I said everybody has a different view even everybody within Christianity...what puts us apart from animals is our ability to reason and discuss things...which is what this thread is about
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #85
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
What's that just quotes
Not good at similes? I'm not going to spell it out for you.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #86
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow
I know, its good to see more people who do not believe in hearsay are popping up.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
This is one GREAT thread. I thought I was going to be slammed for being a non believer.

Here is my opinion. If this so called god is as forgiving as you christians say and believe he is, then I have nothing to worry about in not believing.
IF and its a big if, there is a higher power, at least when I get in front of him he can't say I believed the wrong thing because I believed in nothing.

Brent's posts to me are right on the money. Shelby, great posts as well man! Agree 100% with the both of you.
no slamming here for you not believing, its your opinion. if you do get slammed from someone claiming Christiamity, I apologize to you for them. they dont know what they arent doing any good.

unfortunately, what you are talking about is universalism. God is most definately forgiving, and wants you to come to Him so badly...its crazy. it doesnt make any sense to most people why the creator of the universe would send His Son to die an agonizing, humiliating, belittleing death if He is all powerful. God will forgive you, but you have to ask for it.
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

This is a common belief with more relaxed Christians....for example my mother believes that it is the absolute worst sin there is to not believe in god but she also believes that God would not be able to send you to hell...like I said everybody has a different view even everybody within Christianity...what puts us apart from animals is our ability to reason and discuss things...which is what this thread is about
+1 nice point. I honestly don't strictly believe in my bible but I do believe in pieces of it. Because I'm a good kid but as of right now I should be going to hell according to catholicism. Lol. I don't think that's the case.
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

no slamming here for you not believing, its your opinion. if you do get slammed from someone claiming Christiamity, I apologize to you for them. they arent doing any good.

unfortunately, what you are talking about is universalism. God is most definately forgiving, and wants you to come to Him so badly...its crazy. it doesnt make any sense to most people why the creator of the universe would send His Son to die an agonizing, humiliating, belittleing death if He is all powerful. God will forgive you, but you have to ask for it.
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #90
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow

Not good at similes?
For someone who was excited we had intelligence discussions on ME now you sure are being cryptic with your responses.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #91
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: For non-believers

Religion was pushed down my throat at around 6 or 7 years old. I was a kid, I didn't give a ****, still don't. My mom is a Jehovah's Witness. I call it a cult. I live my life better than half of these ******** that go to church anyway, so that's why I think it's a big joke.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

For someone who was excited we had intelligence discussions on ME now you sure are being cryptic with your responses.
lol
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #93
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
+1 nice point. I honestly don't strictly believe in my bible but I do believe in pieces of it. Because I'm a good kid but as of right now I should be going to hell according to catholicism. Lol. I don't think that's the case.
I believe a lot of the Bible's teaching but only the old testament..........that's just my religion........eveyrone has their own!!
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #94
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow

Not good at similes?
I thought you had a malfunction. I didn't read the quotes.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
Religion was pushed down my throat at around 6 or 7 years old. I was a kid, I didn't give a ****, still don't. My mom is a Jehovah's Witness. I call it a cult. I live my life better than half of these ******** that go to church anyway, so that's why I think it's a big joke.
I call it a cult too. No offense but those people are insane. Haha they hate me for being catholic
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #96
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
I like to think of Jesus on stage singing lead for Lynyrd Skynyrd with an entire angel band. And I'm in the front row. And I am hammered drunk.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #97
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
no slamming here for you not believing, its your opinion. if you do get slammed from someone claiming Christiamity, I apologize to you for them. they dont know what they arent doing any good.

unfortunately, what you are talking about is universalism. God is most definately forgiving, and wants you to come to Him so badly...its crazy. it doesnt make any sense to most people why the creator of the universe would send His Son to die an agonizing, humiliating, belittleing death if He is all powerful. God will forgive you, but you have to ask for it.
I know a lot about the bible. Here is one for you.
I wouldn't want to believe that an all knowing, all loving god would tell a man (Abraham) to kill his son, his only son, (Isaac) just to see if he would do it!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
I like to think of Jesus on stage singing lead for Lynyrd Skynyrd with an entire angel band. And I'm in the front row. And I am hammered drunk.
Hahaha
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

I know a lot about the bible. Here is one for you.
I wouldn't want to believe that an all knowing, all loving god would tell a man (Abraham) to kill his son, his only son, (Isaac) just to see if he would do it!
It had to be done...
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
I live my life better than half of these ******** that go to church anyway, so that's why I think it's a big joke.
the downfall of Christianity. I dont know if you have ever been out of country, but go to the Asia and find a Christian and just watch them for a week. that is real Christianity. not the stuff we have here in America...its a very sad thing to see people claim hypocricy on Christianity because and turn away from it because of that. it is our fault...there is no denying that. again...I apologize for any Christian that has mis-represented Jesus. nobody is perfect, but we Christians use that excuse WAY too much
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #101
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
I like to think of Jesus on stage singing lead for Lynyrd Skynyrd with an entire angel band. And I'm in the front row. And I am hammered drunk.
I like the baby Jesus the best! Dear baby Jesus.....
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #102
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

I like the baby Jesus the best! Dear baby Jesus.....
I like to picture Jesus. Wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. Because it's formal but still says I like to party. I like to party so I like my Jesus to party also.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #103
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
How many people have died for a religious belief? Religion is fuqin insanity!!!
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #104
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
I like to think of Jesus on stage singing lead for Lynyrd Skynyrd with an entire angel band. And I'm in the front row. And I am hammered drunk.
Well I'm saying grace and I like the Christmas Jesus best!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahhahaha


Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
Religion was pushed down my throat at around 6 or 7 years old. I was a kid, I didn't give a ****, still don't. My mom is a Jehovah's Witness. I call it a cult. I live my life better than half of these ******** that go to church anyway, so that's why I think it's a big joke.
I will agree half the people that go to church do it because they're afraid of hell.....they think if they go to church Sunday then they're fine to **** around the rest of the week then get forgiveness on Sunday......this is why I refuse to attend church because it is 95% hypocritical..........
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

I know a lot about the bible. Here is one for you.
I wouldn't want to believe that an all knowing, all loving god would tell a man (Abraham) to kill his son, his only son, (Isaac) just to see if he would do it!
it was for Abraham, not God. the point wasnt just to see if he would do it, because God already knew that Abraham would.
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:53 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.