For non-believers - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88

Why do you have to belittle peoples views?
+1
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

so, if i were to learn Greek and Hebrew, would it maje the arguement legit?
I hate to accuse, but if I may...what are you basing your argument on? because according to certain laws of physics, the big bang and evolution are physical impossibilities.
I'm sorry...probably shouldnt have said that last bit, because I'm not completely able to explain that yet, and it came off the wrong way.
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm sorry...probably shouldnt have said that last bit, because I'm not completely able to explain that yet, and it came off the wrong way.
Lol. It's all good.
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #74
Regular

Region: Tennessee
This is a religion thread. I am stating my opinion. I didn't tell them thy were dumb I simply said they had no factual case.

How is that wrong? Please tell me how countering what he posted with a sound reasonable response is wrong?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
This is a religion thread. I am stating my opinion. I didn't tell them thy were dumb I simply said they had no factual case.

How is that wrong? Please tell me how countering what he posted with a sound reasonable response is wrong?
it wasnt. it was a fair statement
Old 05-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If its a comment made in bad taste to slander someone elses opinion then it's wrong. If it's simply a statement then it's most likely fine.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #77
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

It's not wrong at all....you are very right in saying there is no factual evidence for it and there's no clearcut way for any religion even christianity to be....I have seen more arguments about religion than I have anything else...I have seen friends broken apart by it and have seen marriages crumble because of it...it's a touchy subject and often can't be spoke of without hostility from either side....personally I have astrong Christian/Jew faith, but I will not try to shove it down your throat...I know you being in the biblebelt as well are often exposed to that method and it just makes everybody on both sides look like asses.....bottom line everybody has their own opinion/beliefs/ideas......so state them and don't try to change other's
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #78
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

If its a comment made in bad taste to slander someone elses opinion then it's wrong. If it's simply a statement then it's most likely fine.
I didn't slander anyone's opinion. Look up the definition of the word slander.

Reddit
Old 05-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I didn't slander anyone's opinion. Look up the definition of the word slander.
I never said u did. Read again. . All I said was If it does slander then it's uncalled for.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #80
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

I never said u did. Read again. . All I said was If it does slander then it's uncalled for.
If you don't put gas in you car it won't run.

This isn't a thread to post public service announcements. You quoted me and then posted it. If you weren't talking about anything said in the thread then what were you posting about?

Reddit
Old 05-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #81
Road Trip!

Region: Other

This is one GREAT thread. I thought I was going to be slammed for being a non believer.

Here is my opinion. If this so called god is as forgiving as you christians say and believe he is, then I have nothing to worry about in not believing.
IF and its a big if, there is a higher power, at least when I get in front of him he can't say I believed the wrong thing because I believed in nothing.

Brent's posts to me are right on the money. Shelby, great posts as well man! Agree 100% with the both of you.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #82
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
This is one GREAT thread. I thought I was going to be slammed for being a non believer.

Here is my opinion. If this so called god is as forgiving as you christians say and believe he is, then I have nothing to worry about in not believing.
IF and its a big if, there is a higher power, at least when I get in front of him he can't say I believed the wrong thing because I believed in nothing.

Brent's posts to me are right on the money. Shelby, great posts as well man! Agree 100% with the both of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
...and the little sheep will gather. I will say, it's amusing to watch. LOL
Old 05-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #83
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow
What's that just quotes
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #84
Road Trip!

Quote:

This is a common belief with more relaxed Christians....for example my mother believes that it is the absolute worst sin there is to not believe in god but she also believes that God would not be able to send you to hell...like I said everybody has a different view even everybody within Christianity...what puts us apart from animals is our ability to reason and discuss things...which is what this thread is about
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #85
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
What's that just quotes
Not good at similes? I'm not going to spell it out for you.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #86
Regular

Quote:
I know, its good to see more people who do not believe in hearsay are popping up.

Reddit
Old 05-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

no slamming here for you not believing, its your opinion. if you do get slammed from someone claiming Christiamity, I apologize to you for them. they dont know what they arent doing any good.

unfortunately, what you are talking about is universalism. God is most definately forgiving, and wants you to come to Him so badly...its crazy. it doesnt make any sense to most people why the creator of the universe would send His Son to die an agonizing, humiliating, belittleing death if He is all powerful. God will forgive you, but you have to ask for it.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

This is a common belief with more relaxed Christians....for example my mother believes that it is the absolute worst sin there is to not believe in god but she also believes that God would not be able to send you to hell...like I said everybody has a different view even everybody within Christianity...what puts us apart from animals is our ability to reason and discuss things...which is what this thread is about
+1 nice point. I honestly don't strictly believe in my bible but I do believe in pieces of it. Because I'm a good kid but as of right now I should be going to hell according to catholicism. Lol. I don't think that's the case.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

no slamming here for you not believing, its your opinion. if you do get slammed from someone claiming Christiamity, I apologize to you for them. they arent doing any good.

unfortunately, what you are talking about is universalism. God is most definately forgiving, and wants you to come to Him so badly...its crazy. it doesnt make any sense to most people why the creator of the universe would send His Son to die an agonizing, humiliating, belittleing death if He is all powerful. God will forgive you, but you have to ask for it.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #90
Regular

Quote:

Not good at similes?
For someone who was excited we had intelligence discussions on ME now you sure are being cryptic with your responses.

Reddit
Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #91
Road Trip!

Religion was pushed down my throat at around 6 or 7 years old. I was a kid, I didn't give a ****, still don't. My mom is a Jehovah's Witness. I call it a cult. I live my life better than half of these ******** that go to church anyway, so that's why I think it's a big joke.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

For someone who was excited we had intelligence discussions on ME now you sure are being cryptic with your responses.
lol
Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #93
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
+1 nice point. I honestly don't strictly believe in my bible but I do believe in pieces of it. Because I'm a good kid but as of right now I should be going to hell according to catholicism. Lol. I don't think that's the case.
I believe a lot of the Bible's teaching but only the old testament..........that's just my religion........eveyrone has their own!!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #94
Road Trip!

Quote:

Not good at similes?
I thought you had a malfunction. I didn't read the quotes.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Religion was pushed down my throat at around 6 or 7 years old. I was a kid, I didn't give a ****, still don't. My mom is a Jehovah's Witness. I call it a cult. I live my life better than half of these ******** that go to church anyway, so that's why I think it's a big joke.
I call it a cult too. No offense but those people are insane. Haha they hate me for being catholic
Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #96
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
I like to think of Jesus on stage singing lead for Lynyrd Skynyrd with an entire angel band. And I'm in the front row. And I am hammered drunk.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #97
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
no slamming here for you not believing, its your opinion. if you do get slammed from someone claiming Christiamity, I apologize to you for them. they dont know what they arent doing any good.

I know a lot about the bible. Here is one for you.
I wouldn't want to believe that an all knowing, all loving god would tell a man (Abraham) to kill his son, his only son, (Isaac) just to see if he would do it!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
I like to think of Jesus on stage singing lead for Lynyrd Skynyrd with an entire angel band. And I'm in the front row. And I am hammered drunk.
Hahaha
Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I wouldn't want to believe that an all knowing, all loving god would tell a man (Abraham) to kill his son, his only son, (Isaac) just to see if he would do it!
It had to be done...
Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I live my life better than half of these ******** that go to church anyway, so that's why I think it's a big joke.
the downfall of Christianity. I dont know if you have ever been out of country, but go to the Asia and find a Christian and just watch them for a week. that is real Christianity. not the stuff we have here in America...its a very sad thing to see people claim hypocricy on Christianity because and turn away from it because of that. it is our fault...there is no denying that. again...I apologize for any Christian that has mis-represented Jesus. nobody is perfect, but we Christians use that excuse WAY too much
Old 05-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #101
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
I like the baby Jesus the best! Dear baby Jesus.....
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #102
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

I like the baby Jesus the best! Dear baby Jesus.....
I like to picture Jesus. Wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. Because it's formal but still says I like to party. I like to party so I like my Jesus to party also.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #103
Road Trip!

How many people have died for a religious belief? Religion is fuqin insanity!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #104
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
Well I'm saying grace and I like the Christmas Jesus best!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahhahaha

Quote:
I will agree half the people that go to church do it because they're afraid of hell.....they think if they go to church Sunday then they're fine to **** around the rest of the week then get forgiveness on Sunday......this is why I refuse to attend church because it is 95% hypocritical..........
Old 05-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

it was for Abraham, not God. the point wasnt just to see if he would do it, because God already knew that Abraham would.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar