For non-believers - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

it was for Abraham, not God. the point wasnt just to see if he would do it, because God already knew that Abraham would.
Get em! Hehe.
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

I will agree half the people that go to church do it because they're afraid of hell.....they think if they go to church Sunday then they're fine to **** around the rest of the week then get forgiveness on Sunday......this is why I refuse to attend church because it is 95% hypocritical..........
same thing I said earlier goes for you too...
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #108
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

it was for Abraham, not God. the point wasnt just to see if he would do it, because God already knew that Abraham would.
...and you're okay with that. Hahahaha
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

...and you're okay with that. Hahahaha
I am
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #110
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
To me it's simple. Don't be a jackass. That way if a god does it exist that is actually worth a **** you should be okay. If I'm going to be damned for not believing in fairy tales... Well that's a god I don't care to spend eternity worshipping anyway.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #111
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

I am
That's insane!!!
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #112
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
God already knew that Abraham would.
See, insanity at its best right there!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #113
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I know, its good to see more people who do not believe in hearsay are popping up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
And threads like this are always filled with people who's **** somehow don't stink. You believe in a theory that can't explain something from nothing any better than someone who believes in a god from nothing can explain it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
For someone who was excited we had intelligence discussions on ME now you sure are being cryptic with your responses.
You and I went down this road years ago. You, me, Seph, Wiarumas, Lowflyn, bbunt, DangerDude, etc used to be able to carry on rational conversations on subjects like these. Once you got militant with your responses is probably when the intelligent back and forths died out. Now they are just a chore here and makes me realize why the what are you doing threads are what thrive here.

Your claims that "religion" (who's definition we have also discussed in the past) are based on where you live or what was forced on you as a child also apply to other views, including yours. Just because you feel persecuted for living in the "Bible Belt" while having your views doesn't give excuse for uncivilized, overly aggressive argument. Don't lecture me on wanting intelligent debate while I repeatedly point out the hypocrisy of a side that flaunts the hypocrisy of the other.

I haven't taken a side in this thread because a lot of it is NOT being intelligently discussed. It's been more like watching a drive by shooting by both sides. Sloppy, hypocritical, and clear evidence that both sides don't understand both sides, which is the only way coherent arguments carry out.

And a metric ton of bandwagoneers who contribute nothing more to the thread than letting other people do the "work" and then "OMG +111!!!!".
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #114
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
To me it's simple. Don't be a jackass. That way if a god does it exist that is actually worth a **** you should be okay. If I'm going to be damned for not believing in fairy tales... Well that's a god I don't care to spend eternity worshipping anyway.
EXACTLY!!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

EXACTLY!!
Lol. I like this thread.
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #116
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
same thing I said earlier goes for you too...
Hmm whatcha mean by that????

I'm quite certain you wouldn't be passing judgement...unless of course you are God Himself
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

Hmm whatcha mean by that????

I'm quite certain you wouldn't be passing judgement...unless of course you are God Himself
I hear lightning. Haha. Jk bro
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #118
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
To me it's simple. Don't be a jackass. That way if a god does it exist that is actually worth a **** you should be okay. If I'm going to be damned for not believing in fairy tales... Well that's a god I don't care to spend eternity worshipping anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
EXACTLY!!
And if he is not forgiving of either of you at least you'll have each other!!!! hahaha
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #119
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

Hmm whatcha mean by that????

I'm quite certain you wouldn't be passing judgement...unless of course you are God Himself
I have been worshipped.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #120
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

I have been worshipped.
Of course you would say that. LOL
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow


I haven't taken a side in this thread because a lot of it is NOT being intelligently discussed. It's been more like watching a drive by shooting by both sides. Sloppy, hypocritical, and clear evidence that both sides don't understand both sides, which is the only way coherent arguments carry out.
not trying to be annoying or anything, but if i have done any of that, please point it out.
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

See, insanity at its best right there!
why?
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

Hmm whatcha mean by that????

I'm quite certain you wouldn't be passing judgement...unless of course you are God Himself
i meant that I apologize for the way Christians act today and that hypocricy is such a big issue with people. not that i'm not guilty of it either, but i try my best not too
sorry fir my post not being clear. I am not here to judge because it is not my place
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #124
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow

You and I went down this road years ago. You, me, Seph, Wiarumas, Lowflyn, bbunt, DangerDude, etc used to be able to carry on rational conversations on subjects like these. Once you got militant with your responses is probably when the intelligent back and forths died out. Now they are just a chore here and makes me realize why the what are you doing threads are what thrive here.

Your claims that "religion" (who's definition we have also discussed in the past) are based on where you live or what was forced on you as a child also apply to other views, including yours. Just because you feel persecuted for living in the "Bible Belt" while having your views doesn't give excuse for uncivilized, overly aggressive argument. Don't lecture me on wanting intelligent debate while I repeatedly point out the hypocrisy of a side that flaunts the hypocrisy of the other.

I haven't taken a side in this thread because a lot of it is NOT being intelligently discussed. It's been more like watching a drive by shooting by both sides. Sloppy, hypocritical, and clear evidence that both sides don't understand both sides, which is the only way coherent arguments carry out.

And a metric ton of bandwagoneers who contribute nothing more to the thread than letting other people do the "work" and then "OMG +111!!!!".
yes it does apply to other views. That is a valid argument too. Doesn't make what I said less valid just because it also applies elsewhere.
If you are done with the thread then why are you posting, other than to contribute the kind of comments that you are now pitching about.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #125
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
i meant that I apologize for the way Christians act today and that hypocricy is such a big issue with people. not that i'm not guilty of it either, but i try my best not too
sorry fir my post not being clear. I am not here to judge because it is not my place
Ohhh you meant the other post!!! haha my bad man!!!

no there's no need to apologize since we are all beings of sin...we all do wrong things......
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #126
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
why?
You said it as though god was proud of this. I'm human.....I would never ask anyone to kill their own kid for me even if I knew they would really do it or not....... If god knew it, why the hell would he do that. God would have pissed me off if he asked me to kill my son!

Tell me again what has changed in the last few thousand years that god has stopped speaking directly to humans?
Never heard of anyone these days seeing a burning bush and god speaking to them, unless they were tripping on some good ****!.......
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #127
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Anyone that posts from here on out and it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread will be be banned. I am sick of people not being able to let things go and are ruining this thread on purpose.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #128
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
You can never change the mind of a believer because they always fall back on that MAGICAL word FAITH. It doesn't matter what you say to them, even when they're stumped and on the edge....FAITH....hahaha
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #129
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Re: For non-believers

I personally don't like when people are agnostic........................make up your mind believe or don't believe God knows the different...................................all you are is an athiest with no balls..................not that that applies to anyone in here but I just don't like that...
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #130
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby
I personally don't like when people are agnostic........................make up your mind believe or don't believe God knows the different...................................all you are is an athiest with no balls..................not that that applies to anyone in here but I just don't like that...
As a believer you should like them, they're on the fence and might be swayed to your side..if they're sheep...that is.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #131
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
You can never change the mind of a believer because they always fall back on that MAGICAL word FAITH. It doesn't matter what you say to them, even when they're stumped and on the edge....FAITH....hahaha
Faith.......Ha!
Too true.......
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

You said it as though god was proud of this. I'm human.....I would never ask anyone to kill their own kid for me even if I knew they would really do it or not....... If god knew it, why the hell would he do that. God would have pissed me off if he asked me to kill my son!

Tell me again what has changed in the last few thousand years that god has stopped speaking directly to humans?
Never heard of anyone these days seeing a burning bush and god speaking to them, unless they were tripping on some good ****!.......
i apologize, i didnt mean to make it sound like God was proud of that. again...God asked that for Abrahams good, not His.

as for your second point, its almost funny, i have been asking myself the same question for about two months now. here is what i believe: miracles do happen like they did back then, but not as much in America, because God supplies needs, not wants. People in America will always be able to give some other explanation for miricles (such as healings) but not so much in other parts of the world...where the miracles are happening. the miracles that happen in America are things like people living selfless lives...people who cant be accused of hypocrisy in any way. firgive me if I am wrong, but i would guess that a Christian that was unable to be legitamately accused of any hypocrisy would have a bigger effect on you than a miracle healing...?
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #133
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
yes it does apply to other views. That is a valid argument too. Doesn't make what I said less valid just because it also applies elsewhere.
If you are done with the thread then why are you posting, other than to contribute the kind of comments that you are now pitching about.
This guy never said I'm done with the thread. I'm just not going to be in the active back and forth because it's been too messy. As for contributing similar comments, unlike the bandwagoneers, I:

A). Read the whole thread
B). Understand the "God side"
C). Understand the "not god side".
and
D). Am more pissed than anything by the hypocrisy of a side that will at the drop of a hat point out the hypocrisy of the other as a first defense while completely oblivious to the huge (to use a Biblical term) mote in their own eye. Especially when the purported "stereotypical" hypocrisy hadn't even reared it's ugly head yet.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #134
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
As a believer you should like them, they're on the fence and might be swayed to your side..if they're sheep...that is.
there's still a difference in truly believing and being pursuaded......for example if I have to convince you to go play football with me you're not going to be in it completely....
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
You can never change the mind of a believer because they always fall back on that MAGICAL word FAITH. It doesn't matter what you say to them, even when they're stumped and on the edge....FAITH....hahaha
Faith is what its all about. Why would it be rewarding for God ( or gor us humans for that matter) to believe proof. its the same idea as the whole free will thing. you would be stupid to not believe solid evidence, so the idea of placing your trust in God is taken away, making our praise to Him worthless.
Faith is used too much by Christians because the majority of us, like stated earlier, just want to get out of hell free and not worry about anything else. what you see today is mot true Christianity
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #136
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

there's still a difference in truly believing and being pursuaded......for example if I have to convince you to go play football with me you're not going to be in it completely....
Haha you didn't come out of the womb a believer. Someone pounding you in the head with church as a child or someone close to you died and you got scared of your own mortality that you turned to some fairy tale to ease your thoughts on your own death.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Ok I'm not going to even read this I personally do not think this is the place for this! I do NOT like people putting there religion on people!! Mustang and religion are not the same, in less mustangs are your religion!! Just sayin!!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #138
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
This guy never said I'm done with the thread. I'm just not going to be in the active back and forth because it's been too messy. As for contributing similar comments, unlike the bandwagoneers, I:

A). Read the whole thread
B). Understand the "God side"
C). Understand the "not god side".
and
D). Am more pissed than anything by the hypocrisy of a side that will at the drop of a hat point out the hypocrisy of the other as a first defense while completely oblivious to the huge (to use a Biblical term) mote in their own eye. Especially when the purported "stereotypical" hypocrisy hadn't even reared it's ugly head yet.
Just for the record, I understand both sides, but am merely pointing out why i don't believe. I know a lot about bible teachings as a matter of fact, just don't believe any of it. I think it was a book put together by a bunch of good men that possibly smoked a bit too much opium in their day.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Haha you didn't come out of the womb a believer. Someone pounding you in the head with church as a child or someone close to you died and you got scared of your own mortality that you turned to some fairy tale to ease your thoughts on your own death.
I grew up with a choice and nobody said I have to go to church. I believe in god and it was not "pounded" into my head
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #140
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

Faith is what its all about. Why would it be rewarding for God ( or gor us humans for that matter) to believe proof. its the same idea as the whole free will thing. you would be stupid to not believe solid evidence, so the idea of placing your trust in God is taken away, making our praise to Him worthless.
Faith is used too much by Christians because the majority of us, like stated earlier, just want to get out of hell free and not worry about anything else. what you see today is mot true Christianity
WOW Imagine the ego on that guy who needs to be loved so badly that he tests everyone he creates.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:46 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.