For non-believers - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

Just for the record, I understand both sides, but am merely pointing out why i don't believe. I know a lot about bible teachings as a matter of fact, just don't believe any of it. I think it was a book put together by a bunch of good men that possibly smoked a bit too much opium in their day.
Respect
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow

This guy never said I'm done with the thread. I'm just not going to be in the active back and forth because it's been too messy. As for contributing similar comments, unlike the bandwagoneers, I:

A). Read the whole thread
B). Understand the "God side"
C). Understand the "not god side".
and
D). Am more pissed than anything by the hypocrisy of a side that will at the drop of a hat point out the hypocrisy of the other as a first defense while completely oblivious to the huge (to use a Biblical term) mote in their own eye. Especially when the purported "stereotypical" hypocrisy hadn't even reared it's ugly head yet.
again, I ask: if I am part of what you are saying, please point it out. not to be a pain, but if there is question of my integrity, I would like to know
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #143
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

I grew up with a choice and nobody said I have to go to church. I believe in god and it was not "pounded" into my head
False, choice is an illusion, your God made that choice for you. Josh
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #144
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
Haha you didn't come out of the womb a believer. Someone pounding you in the head with church as a child or someone close to you died and you got scared of your own mortality that you turned to some fairy tale to ease your thoughts on your own death.
Ever seen the movie The Invention Of Lying? Perfect example of the fairy tale argument.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

False, choice is an illusion, your God made that choice for you. Josh
Good point
Old 05-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ever seen the movie The Invention Of Lying? Perfect example of the fairy tale argument.
Hahaha. Horrible movie.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

WOW Imagine the ego on that guy who needs to be loved so badly that he tests everyone he creates.
...because of us. He didnt have to test anybody until we screwed it all up. so the need for testing us our fault, not His
Old 05-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #148
Road Trip!

Quote:

Bits and pieces. Not straight through. Is it good?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #149
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
Just for the record, I understand both sides, but am merely pointing out why i don't believe. I know a lot about bible teachings as a matter of fact, just don't believe any of it. I think it was a book put together by a bunch of good men that possibly smoked a bit too much opium in their day.
You know I know an athiest who knows the Bible better than most Christians I know and his arguements for his stance on religion stem from his knowings of the bible....regardless of your stance I believe everybody will agree that the Bible was written to teach people the right way to live and to live responsibily
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

WOW Imagine the ego on that guy who needs to be loved so badly that he tests everyone he creates.
That's a low blow dude. Everyone tests everyone. It's natural for all things.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #151
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

...because of us. He didnt have to test anybody until we screwed it all up. so the need for testing us our fault, not His
Don't forget, he already knew we would screw it up, so who's to blame? Us or him?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

You know I know an athiest who knows the Bible better than most Christians I know and his arguements for his stance on religion stem from his knowings of the bible....regardless of your stance I believe everybody will agree that the Bible was written to teach people the right way to live and to live responsibily
+1
Old 05-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #153
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
again, I ask: if I am part of what you are saying, please point it out. not to be a pain, but if there is question of my integrity, I would like to know
To the point, a lot of the arguments you are fighting would be better argued by more study of both your faith and more understanding of the other.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's a low blow dude. Everyone tests everyone. It's natural for all things.
agree on the low-blow, but its ok. I take no offense to it. however, we cant group God into "everyone" because He is omniscient. He has no need to test everyone, any testing is done for the good of the person being tested, not the one testing.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

agree on the low-blow, but its ok. I take no offense to it. however, we cant group God into "everyone" because He is omniscient. He has no need to test everyone, any testing is done for the good of the person being tested, not the one testing.
Well yes but he still tests. Like everything does. Not that I'm groping the two or relating them.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #156
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
Bits and pieces. Not straight through. Is it good?
If you are like me in your beliefs, yes, very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby View Post
I know and his arguements for his stance on religion stem from his knowings of the bible....regardless of your stance I believe everybody will agree that the Bible was written to teach people the right way to live and to live responsibily
That's exactly why I believe what I do.....

I agree with the reason why it was written, nothing wrong with why they did.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow

To the point, a lot of the arguments you are fighting would be better argued by more study of both your faith and more understanding of the other.
absolutely correct. Honestly: I have only really been living like a Christian should for a very short time. so yes, you are right, I could definately study my faith more.

the lack of understanding of others is because of a lack of opportunity. most of my life I was very sheltered, until recently, so I am still learning a whole lot of stuff. in no way am I an expert on either subject. my one defense is that I am only 17 and have not had a whole lot of life experience yet, although more than the average 17 year old.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:19 AM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Blaaa blaaa God IsGood take it to the christen forum!!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #159
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
absolutely correct. Honestly: I have only really been living like a Christian should for a very short time. so yes, you are right, I could definately study my faith more.

the lack of understanding of others is because of a lack of opportunity. most of my life I was very sheltered, until recently, so I am still learning a whole lot of stuff. in no way am I an expert on either subject. my one defense is that I am only 17 and have not had a whole lot of life experience yet, although more than the average 17 year old.
Let me know what your stand is in 10 years. If its the same, good for you. My opinion is that it won't be after some really bad **** happens to you and then you can question your faith.
Not wishing any bad on you bud, just sayin.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:21 AM   #160
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco View Post
Blaaa blaaa God IsGood take it to the christen forum!!
Ha, love ya Lorrie!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:21 AM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ha, love ya Lorrie!
Lol
Old 05-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ha, love ya Lorrie!
Thanks Mike!! Backacha!!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #163
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
For the record. I believe in God and the teachings of the bible. I send my children to catholic schools although I am not sold on the complete catholic religion. I believe although I may not live my life accordingly. Everyone can believe what they want. My belief is that God gave us the CHOICE to believe or not to believe. And to argue about who is right or wrong about this subject is ridiculous. Freedom is a wonderful thing. God bless America.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

like my girlfriend getting cancer on my 16th birthday? after already having a practically incurable disease, and 5 others with that disease dying of cancer. she had a 0% chance of living... guess who's cancer free now. ...however, I still dont know if she will live or not.
or like her sister? who also had her disease...who died about 3 months ago after spending 6 months in a hospital in maryland, trying to fight for her life while having 3 major infections, (one of which caused her to forget her own family) with NO immune system.
believe me...I have questioned and questioned and questioned, and I still do some.

...sorry if that comes off any other way than it is supposed to, but you are getting on a painful subject. not that I care, but its hard for me to stay calm when people say stuff like that
Old 05-02-2011, 12:29 AM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
For the record. I believe in God and the teachings of the bible. I send my children to catholic schools although I am not sold on the complete catholic religion. I believe although I may not live my life accordingly. Everyone can believe what they want. My belief is that God gave us the CHOICE to believe or not to believe. And to argue about who is right or wrong about this subject is ridiculous. Freedom is a wonderful thing. God bless America.
Yes!!!! Exactly what I think. I am catholic too but don't believe in it in entirety. Beautiful said. True art
Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
like my girlfriend getting cancer on my 16th birthday? after already having a practically incurable disease, and 5 others with that disease dying of cancer. she had a 0% chance of living... guess who's cancer free now. ...however, I still dont know if she will live or not.
or like her sister? who also had her disease...who died about 3 months ago after spending 6 months in a hospital in maryland, trying to fight for her life while having 3 major infections, (one of which caused her to forget her own family) with NO immune system.
believe me...I have questioned and questioned and questioned, and I still do some.

...sorry if that comes off any other way than it is supposed to, but you are getting on a painful subject. not that I care, but its hard for me to stay calm when people say stuff like that
directed to 93cobraguy...sry
Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow. I'm so sorry man. That's terrible. I do believe god does some wonderful things and also some things that we can't understand. Like taking loved ones from us.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

thanks, and you are exactly right.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks, and you are exactly right.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #170
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I will give a more comprehensive response to my views when I get power back. Tonight is the fifth night I have lived with no power so I don't feel like typing a novel out on my phone.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Yes taking love ones! I miss my parents so very much never thought they would not be here now!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow. I'm so sorry man. That's terrible. I do believe god does some wonderful things and also some things that we can't understand. Like taking loved ones from us.
second though- there are literally tens of thousands of people that know about my girlfriend and her sister. Her death was by no means a sad event in the long run. through her death, she has helped sooooo many people. it makes it easier to know that she is now healed in heaven, and that she has been abke to help so many others. She was an inspiration like nobody else I have ever met
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco
Yes taking love ones! I miss my parents so very much never thought they would not be here now!!!!!!!
I'm sorry.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I will give a more comprehensive response to my views when I get power back. Tonight is the fifth night I have lived with no power so I don't feel like typing a novel out on my phone.
alright man..praying for all of you down there...whether you believe in it or not
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco
Make sure you tell your parents you love them!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar