For non-believers - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #176
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco

Make sure you tell your parents you love them!
Sorry Lorrie. Love ya. And I will tell them tomorrow.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #177
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Re: For non-believers

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
like my girlfriend getting cancer on my 16th birthday? after already having a practically incurable disease, and 5 others with that disease dying of cancer. she had a 0% chance of living... guess who's cancer free now. ...however, I still dont know if she will live or not.
or like her sister? who also had her disease...who died about 3 months ago after spending 6 months in a hospital in maryland, trying to fight for her life while having 3 major infections, (one of which caused her to forget her own family) with NO immune system.
believe me...I have questioned and questioned and questioned, and I still do some.

...sorry if that comes off any other way than it is supposed to, but you are getting on a painful subject. not that I care, but its hard for me to stay calm when people say stuff like that
It's a dirty world man. We will be the destruction of ourselves, that is for sure.
To sound like the complete ******* that I am.........You are young, that girlfriend will not be by your side for the next 20 years, even if you believe it now or not, that I can pretty much guarantee. This world is no movie paradise, never will be. This isn't A Walk To Remember.
I have been through some **** you couldn't even imagine, but on the flip side, others have been through more.
I respect your faith, as you should respect my lack therof. I know the bible very well youngster. Just expressing my opinion. Hope for the best, expect the worst.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

second though- there are literally tens of thousands of people that know about my girlfriend and her sister. Her death was by no means a sad event in the long run. through her death, she has helped sooooo many people. it makes it easier to know that she is now healed in heaven, and that she has been abke to help so many others. She was an inspiration like nobody else I have ever met
I'm glad you look at it that way. Your right. No more suffering or pain. My grandpa is in icu now because he had a blood clot go into his brain. Be has a fatal kidney disease like my mother and myself and be told is to let god take him. He doesnt want to be pulled back from heaven again. He wants to live forever without pain and sickness. And I know that's what he will receive.
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #179
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I will give a more comprehensive response to my views when I get power back. Tonight is the fifth night I have lived with no power so I don't feel like typing a novel out on my phone.
Get yourself a power inverter. The ol lady took off and shut the power off on me. I've been without it since Friday, I feel ya there. Restored tomorrow though hopefully.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #180
Road Trip!

If all these people truly believe that they will live forever in perfectness, why arent there more mass suicides so they can get the hell out of this hell hole?
Old 05-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #181
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
If all these people truly believe that they will live forever in perfectness, why arent there more mass suicides so they can get the hell out of this hell hole?
They can't that's a sin.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Committing suicide is wasting life that is so preciously given. Therefore you do not receive the ultimate goal of getting to heaven for it. In Catholicism it's a "mortal sin" which is extremely hard to make up for contrary to the normal catholic slander of just go say sorry. It's not that simple.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #183
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
They can't that's a sin.
Yup, my bad for that post. Forgot about that. They could always move to the neighborhood I lived in for a while and become an innocent bystander though.....
Old 05-02-2011, 12:55 AM   #184
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yup, my bad for that post. Forgot about that. They could always move to the neighborhood I lived in for a while and become an innocent bystander though.....
LOL or they could go try and convert the Taliban. Man I'm going to hell. LOL
Old 05-02-2011, 12:55 AM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That is kind of messed up to say given the previous posts about people that have died not by their own choices but by things out of their control. I have zero respect for people that do not respect life.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #186
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

That is kind of messed up to say given the previous posts about people that have died not by their own choices but by things out of their control. I have zero respect for people that do not respect life.
Josh, it wouldn't be the first time a religious cult has committed suicide.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Josh, it wouldn't be the first time a religious cult has committed suicide.
A religious cult??? Obviously not main stream. Suicide defeats the whole importance of ones life. I know what you mean but that doesn't apply to christianity or anything close to it
Old 05-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

It's a dirty world man. We will be the destruction of ourselves, that is for sure.
To sound like the complete ******* that I am.........You are young, that girlfriend will not be by your side for the next 20 years, even if you believe it now or not, that I can pretty much guarantee. This world is no movie paradise, never will be. This isn't A Walk To Remember.
I have been through some **** you couldn't even imagine, but on the flip side, others have been through more.
I respect your faith, as you should respect my lack therof. I know the bible very well youngster. Just expressing my opinion. Hope for the best, expect the worst.
alright, i respect your lack of faith, thank you for respecting my faith, most people dont.
i am friends with some orphans half way across the world that could give a lot if peoples life story a run for their money, but since i dont know details, nor is it my place to, i'll believe you.
as for my girlfriend and I. anything I say will be thrown back at me with the response of "say what you want, but you are a teenager" so...idk what you'll think about this, but i have a deal for you, if you are willing to take it and dont think its dumb, etc. the thing is, i think i need to wait until tomorrow to make sure that i should make the deal...if that makes any sense at all.
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #189
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
A religious cult??? Obviously not main stream. Suicide defeats the whole importance of ones life. I know what you mean but that doesn't apply to christianity or anything close to it
If life is so precious and important, why does your god let bad things happen in the first place. Precious to him my ***....
Take it from someone who has taken worthless life in the defense of my own bud. When it comes down to you and me, I'm blowing you away! Now tell me you will just bow down and let me??
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #190
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

alright, i respect your lack of faith, thank you for respecting my faith, most people dont.
i am friends with some orphans half way across the world that could give a lot if peoples life story a run for their money, but since i dont know details, nor is it my place to, i'll believe you.
as for my girlfriend and I. anything I say will be thrown back at me with the response of "say what you want, but you are a teenager" so...idk what you'll think about this, but i have a deal for you, if you are willing to take it and dont think its dumb, etc. the thing is, i think i need to wait until tomorrow to make sure that i should make the deal...if that makes any sense at all.
I'm 17 and get talked down to for it a lot. I like how you can hold your own though. I'm not so good at it. Lol. At least not on here.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If life is so precious and important, why does your god let bad things happen in the first place. Precious to him my ***....
not His fault. its ours...I hope that doesnt seem like an excuse, but thats the real reason. How can you blame God for death, sickness, etc when it was our fault for it happening?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:09 AM   #192
Road Trip!

Quote:
Makes sense to me. I just know that from experience, if you think a relationship lasts that long now a day, you are sadly mistaken. I can't say for a FACT that you and her won't make it till you are 40 or 80 or dead, but in reality these days, very highly unlikely.
There are the few exceptions though.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Take it from someone who has taken worthless life in the defense of my own bud. When it comes down to you and me, I'm blowing you away! Now tell me you will just bow down and let me??
I know. I'm not some saint. I would take a life if I had to also. But taking your own is ridiculous. I don't believe I would go to hell for self defense but my religion says otherwise. I don't believe in it word for word. But I do believe in god. And I do believe that when I die, my kidneys won't feel like they are being stabbed and I won't have to worry about brain aneurysms as a constant fear. I won't know for sure till I get there. Which I will whenever god feels it os the right time and he needs me.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 AM   #194
Road Trip!

Quote:

not His fault. its ours...I hope that doesnt seem like an excuse, but thats the real reason. How can you blame God for death, sickness, etc when it was our fault for it happening?
That doesn't make sense, Your God created that death, sickness, etc and even if you say he didn't, he surely has the power to stop it, right?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #195
Road Trip!

Quote:
Well, if he created us, then ultimately it's his fault for ****ing up. Didn't know perfect beings were capable of ****ing up.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #196
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That doesn't make sense, Your God created that death, sickness, etc and even if you say he didn't, he surely has the power to stop it, right?
He created us. Some things can't be answered. Science and religion a like. At least not by me.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:17 AM   #197
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
I know. I'm not some saint. I would take a life if I had to also. But taking your own is ridiculous. I don't believe I would go to hell for self defense but my religion says otherwise. I don't believe in it word for word. But I do believe in god. And I do believe that when I die, my kidneys won't feel like they are being stabbed and I won't have to worry about brain aneurysms as a constant fear. I won't know for sure till I get there. Which I will whenever god feels it os the right time and he needs me.
Thou shalt not kill means to bow down and be slaughtered like a sheep. It's written right there in your bible.
I really don't think your god would "allow" you to pick and choose which of those commandments to follow and you still be on his good side.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #198
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

God created perfection, we, by choice, brought in sin, and with it death, sickness etc.
Heck yes my God has the power to stop it, but it is not time yet. He will some day though. unfortunately, when He does stop it, there will be judgement on those who have not accepted Him. that is why I spread this message, because I (and God much much more so than I) dont want you or anybody to suffer in hell for eternity.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well, if he created us, then ultimately it's his fault for ****ing up. Didn't know perfect beings were capable of ****ing up.
please explain more if you will. I dont understand why you think it is ultimately His fault for our screwing up.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #200
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thou shalt not kill means to bow down and be slaughtered like a sheep. It's written right there in your bible.
I really don't think your god would "allow" you to pick and choose which of those commandments to follow and you still be on his good side.
Neither does my bible. However, that's where I don't agree. I will kick some *** if I have too. Excuse the language. I don't think you should J
Just go kill someone but self defense is different. I don't completely believe in it. But I do completely believe in god
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #201
Road Trip!

Hitler expressed his Christian support to the German citizenry and soldiers.
Hitler was baptized as Roman Catholic during infancy in Austria.
As Hitler approached boyhood he attended a monastery school.
Hitler was a communicant and an altar boy in the Catholic Church and as a young man he was confirmed as a “soldier of Christ.” His most ardent goal at the time was to become a priest. Hitler writes of his love for the church and clergy: “I had excellent opportunity to intoxicate myself with the solemn splendor of the brilliant church festivals. As was only natural, the abbot seemed to me, as the village priest had once seemed to my father, the highest and most desirable ideal.” -Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)
Hitler was NEVER excommunicated nor condemned by his church. Matter of fact the Church felt he was JUST and “avenging for God” in attacking the Jews for they deemed the Semites the killers of Jesus.

These are just a few of the many things I found about this man here......Hitler was a Christian
Old 05-02-2011, 01:24 AM   #202
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

unfortunately Josh...he is partly right. its all or nothing with believing the Bible. however, God loves us and His saving grace covers over any sin we could do, so we dont ever have to be permantly on God's "bad side"
Old 05-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #203
Road Trip!

Quote:
please explain more if you will. I dont understand why you think it is ultimately His fault for our screwing up.
Humans when they were supposedly created by god were "perfect"
Perfect things, which there is no such thing, cannot make a mistake. The bible tells us that humans were "perfect"
Old 05-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #204
Road Trip!

Also, look this one up.....

The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies! The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet. At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt. In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before his fierce anger? Who can survive his burning fury? His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence. The LORD is good. When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge. And he knows everyone who trusts in him. But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood. He pursues his foes into the darkness of night. (Nahum 1:2-8 NLT)
Old 05-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hitler expressed his Christian support to the German citizenry and soldiers.
Hitler was baptized as Roman Catholic during infancy in Austria.
As Hitler approached boyhood he attended a monastery school.
Hitler was a communicant and an altar boy in the Catholic Church and as a young man he was confirmed as a “soldier of Christ.” His most ardent goal at the time was to become a priest. Hitler writes of his love for the church and clergy: “I had excellent opportunity to intoxicate myself with the solemn splendor of the brilliant church festivals. As was only natural, the abbot seemed to me, as the village priest had once seemed to my father, the highest and most desirable ideal.” -Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)
Hitler was NEVER excommunicated nor condemned by his church. Matter of fact the Church felt he was JUST and “avenging for God” in attacking the Jews for they deemed the Semites the killers of Jesus.

These are just a few of the many things I found about this man here......Hitler was a Christian
That is correct...Hitler did claim that. just like everyone else who has ever lived, he had his beliefs. the reason he was so infamous was because he acted on his beliefs more so than most ever do
Old 05-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #206
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

unfortunately Josh...he is partly right. its all or nothing with believing the Bible. however, God loves us and His saving grace covers over any sin we could do, so we dont ever have to be permantly on God's "bad side"
Yes, but you can pick and choose. weather this is right or wrong. Idk. With Catholicism it varies by church. Some really really strict, and some moderately relaxed. I will fight for my right to enter heaven when I'm meant to. If I die the. It's my time. If someone else does because of me in mortal harm defending myself then it is their time. That's how I look at it.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #207
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:

Humans when they were supposedly created by god were "perfect"
Perfect things, which there is no such thing, cannot make a mistake. The bible tells us that humans were "perfect"
Well **** if so what happened to me? Lol
Old 05-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #208
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco

Well **** if so what happened to me? Lol
Who cares
Old 05-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #209
Road Trip!

Back to the original argument of the flood being true......Why would god not follow his own commandment of thou shalt not kill. He supposedly flooded the earth and destroyed/killed all the evil people.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #210
Road Trip!

Matter of fact the Church felt he was JUST and “avenging for God” in attacking the Jews for they deemed the Semites the killers of Jesus.
This is what really gets me. The whole church backed him up of his actions.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar